Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,520 members, 7,850,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:00 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (975034 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 2:35pm On May 20, 2013
4llerbuntu: ^^^ grin
bia its monday morning. so i decided to not start on NL with yabs.

otherwise, i know what i would have said grin grin grin grin

meanwhile, speak for yaself o. u na techno guru na, abi?

me no kuku sabi anything for that side.

like na so i go open techno thread today, na im i see person post link to Cyanogen Rom for a samsung phone there, e say make dem flash am for their techno.

I for laff, but them go look me say this boi don kolo. na him i continue dey read. small tin anoda person say "i have not yer ported this rom to our fone, but u can try it sha"

i still no laff, i short i begin dey vex. na im one person come talk again say no need to try am joor, e no go work, we never get CM kernel.

I just provoke close my browser. na im i remember say the fone sef n coins change na, nuthin dey appun

so therefore, techno issues should go to techno gurus. Chikena! cheesy cheesy cheesy

*FALLS FROM KEKE*
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by jakesund(m): 3:05pm On May 20, 2013
joeydozzy:

I think 50- 55k for used or 67k for new
or you could use the money for a new s3 to get a clean note 2

please how much is the note 2
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viruz007(m): 4:22pm On May 20, 2013
4llerbuntu: ^^^ grin
bia its monday morning. so i decided to not start on NL with yabs.

otherwise, i know what i would have said grin grin grin grin

meanwhile, speak for yaself o. u na techno guru na, abi?

me no kuku sabi anything for that side.

like na so i go open techno thread today, na im i see person post link to Cyanogen Rom for a samsung phone there, e say make dem flash am for their techno.

I for laff, but them go look me say this boi don kolo. na him i continue dey read. small tin anoda person say "i have not yer ported this rom to our fone, but u can try it sha"

i still no laff, i short i begin dey vex. na im one person come talk again say no need to try am joor, e no go work, we never get CM kernel.

I just provoke close my browser. na im i remember say the fone sef n coins change na, nuthin dey appun

so therefore, techno issues should go to techno gurus. Chikena! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dude u don come ooo... Rolls to dubai grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 20, 2013
shosky1794: I think you guys should just change the name of this thread. Th last time i check, it is still 'Android, Anyone? Part II'. The Android in the name of the thread should be emphasized. If the name of the thread is still 'Android, Anyone?', I wonder the 'discrimination' then. I have been using xda-developers.com for a while and I have not anywhere on that website where those guys will laugh at or abuse somebody(whether directly or indirectly) for using a particular phone and most of the guys who claim to know here got some(if not all) of the things they know now from that website.

Those guys there are pretty very young(guys between 11-19 years) and they do not brag/boast about the kind of phone they use or what they know. The worst thing they will do is to tell you they don't know anything about your phone or direct you to an earlier post or whoever they think knows about your problem.

But what do we have here, a bunch of guys who don't know a third of what those guys know discriminating against a some particular brands of phones even when the phones come with original Android OS. This is just the only reason this country is still where it is today. Steve Jobs(of blessed memory) and co. started very small and i know it's by tweaking anything computer but look at where Apple is today.

If only Nigeria can have a Tecno, an Infinix and the likes that it can call it own, I am sure the country will be the better for it. This can only start from you guys, just get original, please

who's discriminating here?

4ller directed him to techno thread or you didn't see it?
He isn't a techno guru

He just added humor to it that's all
and I needed to laugh grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 20, 2013
jakesund:

please how much is the note 2

New should be around 88k
a clean used shouldn't be more than 65k
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ozor1: 9:35pm On May 20, 2013
who has flashed the I9300XXUFME3 LEAK! i did and it is too smooth
no bugs and no gs4 features grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by yungdizzy143: 9:40pm On May 20, 2013
pls ow can I upgrade ma Os frm ginger bread android 2.3.6 to Ice cream sandwich or Jelly bean without Rooting
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by kolajoo(m): 5:35am On May 21, 2013
Help please. My Samsung galaxy III fell down some days ago and the outer screen is crack. I would like to know how much a new screen cost and where can I get it fix. I am addicted with the device but thinking of selling it if I get a good deal and upgrade to s4. 07035814369
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:24am On May 21, 2013
shosky1794: ..................... .....and most of the guys who claim to know here got some(if not all) of the things they know now from that website.

this has to be the most interesting thing iv read on this board for a long long time.

and this essentially encapsulates why i will continue to yab anyone i see fit.

oh so u know things like this yet u come here to utilize your emergency houseboys?

if u and your fans do not see what is wrong in this your statement and its implications then too bad.

meanwhile point of correction. OEMs like techno do not produce android phones. not in the true sense.

they produce cheap knockoffs with no support runnning seriously outdated software.
they violate the GPL in every way imaginable and actually include the android market on their os builds illegally.

just because google does not deem them important enough to be taken seriously does not mean they are in the right. moreover do u see them ever trying to advertise and sell those crappy devices in a 1st world country? those things ar3 made for places like nigeria. dumping grounds. phones that cannot pass any certification tests.

u better be careful u dont expose your self to the possible radiations etc from them.

no sources. no natin. we dont even know what hardware is in them much less being able to build a kernel or rom from non existent sources. even the most skilled dev will not bother trying to build CM for those things.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 6:52am On May 21, 2013
4llerbuntu:

this has to be the most interesting thing iv read on this board for a long long time.

oh so u know things like this yet u come here to utilize your emergency houseboys?

if u and your fans do not see what is wrong in this your statement and its implications then too bad.

meanwhile point of correction. OEMs like techno do not produce android phones. not in the true sense.

they produce cheap knockoffs with no support runnning seriously outdated software.
they violate the GPL in every way imaginable and actually include the android market on their os builds illegally.

just because google does not deem them important enough to be taken seriously does not mean they are in the right. moreover do u see them ever trying to advertise and sell those crappy devices in a 1st world country? those things ar3 made for places like nigeria. dumping grounds. phones that cannot pass any certification tests.

u better be careful u dont expose your self to the possible radiations etc from them.

no sources. no natin. we dont even know what hardware is in them much less being able to build a kernel or rom from non existent sources. even the most skilled dev will not bother trying to build CM for those things.
WORD
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bukahands(m): 7:52am On May 21, 2013
kolajoo: Help please. My Samsung galaxy III fell down some days ago and the outer screen is crack. I would like to know how much a new screen cost and where can I get it fix. I am addicted with the device but thinking of selling it if I get a good deal and upgrade to s4. 07035814369

I donno d cost, but I guess u could get it fixed at samsung care ikeja
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:55am On May 21, 2013
hey who is having script failed issues on xbmc?

started getting this on my phone and thought id done something to it as usual.

i just confirmed my pc install is having he same issues. all my addons dont work.

i no get time to dey troubleshoot anything.
is it broken at my end or its a general thing?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 8:30am On May 21, 2013
4llerbuntu: hey who is having script failed issues on xbmc?

i just confirmed my pc install is having he same issues. all my addons dont work.

Its either their servers are down or the service is currently being overloaded. Really hope their servers are not in Oklahoma if not it will be down for a long while. Was downloading orphan black when it occurred. However, some plugins in the video sections of xbmc, not navi, are working but no downloading.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by newman10(m): 11:39am On May 21, 2013
Abeg what does this mean o: UNFECT~1.XVI

Most times I delete it but resurfaced after some time. Sometimes it won't even delete. Could it be virus?

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by s3nn2x(m): 2:25pm On May 21, 2013
Guys, I want to get a new Google Nexus 4/16Gb phone and I want you guys to advise me on the best place to get the phone with the cheapest price. I am in Abuja at the moment.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 3:49pm On May 21, 2013
4llerbuntu: hey who is having script failed issues on xbmc?

Me. Thought it was some program error when i tried to stream content, got tired of seeing it and un-installed.
Man, that thing consumes data o
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by somtea(m): 6:46am On May 22, 2013
1.pls advise; i want to get a carrier locked phone from the uk to use it in nigeria.
2. i dunno if nigerian carriers support factory unlocked phones2
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by seunpayne(m): 7:22am On May 22, 2013
well me I want sg3. looking to sell my 3month old Xperia Go and add money to buy dat s3. anyone in abj looking to buy/swap/sell?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viruz007(m): 9:43am On May 22, 2013
4llerbuntu:

Well said bro. Tell 'em
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by honsule(m): 12:46pm On May 22, 2013
seunpayne: well me I want sg3. looking to sell my 3month old Xperia Go and add money to buy dat s3. anyone in abj looking to buy/swap/sell?

I might consider your offer TO SWAP.i have a CLEAN SGS3.Am based in Abj.Let me google xperia Go and see the feature
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by honsule(m): 12:59pm On May 22, 2013
Am not Impress one bit with the specs of the xperia go i saw online.**Honsule whistle and walks away**
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 1:23pm On May 22, 2013
s3nn2x: Guys, I want to get a new Google Nexus 4/16Gb phone and I want you guys to advise me on the best place to get the phone with the cheapest price. I am in Abuja at the moment.

Check Emab plaza in Wuse II. You could also check Park n Shop on that Banex axis.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 1:25pm On May 22, 2013
honsule: Am not Impress one bit with the specs of the xperia go i saw online.**Honsule whistle and walks away**
can i get clean S3 for 40k?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 1:27pm On May 22, 2013
seunpayne: well me I want sg3. looking to sell my 3month old Xperia Go and add money to buy dat s3. anyone in abj looking to buy/swap/sell?

You got to be kidding. Swap Xperia GO for SGS3? On what basis?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by newman10(m): 1:47pm On May 22, 2013
newman10: Abeg what does this mean o: UNFECT~1.XVI

Most times I delete it but resurfaced after some time. Sometimes it won't even delete. Could it be virus?

NOBODY TO HELP WITH THIS?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:34pm On May 22, 2013
newman10:

NOBODY TO HELP WITH THIS?

hmmn my broda, nobody oooo

na so we see am.

e go better. no worry, leopantro go soon come. im sure he will
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 3:16pm On May 22, 2013
With all my tinkering with android files I have never come across that extension before. That its in your external SD card,it keeps re-occuring and is a folder not a file makes it more suspicious. It seems more like a PC virus than an android virus but what I find odd is this: PC viruses that get into memory cards of android phones can't replicate. My guess is there are more components of the virus hidden somewhere in your phone.
Copy out the essential files and apk. Back up only the contacts and your messages then format the memory card and do a factory reset of the phone for good measure.
By the way, did you connect your phone to a windows XP or vista computer?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by somtea(m): 3:43pm On May 22, 2013
somtea: 1.pls advise; i want to get a carrier locked phone from the uk to use it in nigeria.
2. i dunno if nigerian carriers support factory unlocked phones2
someone pls help
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by shosky1794: 4:46pm On May 22, 2013
4llerbuntu:

Thank you for all the 'jargons'. Some of us would have wanted those in simple English. Also,it'll be really nice if you prove some of those things you said. Just because a company does advertise it's products does not mean it sells fake products.I'm sure Google(GOOG) is fully present in Africa and they can't claim not to know of what you said(not with the popularity Tecno is gaining in the African Market now).

The advertisements(coupled with distribution) are some of the overheads which make phones from these big manufacturers expensive. This was confirm by the CEO of BLU, a phone manufacturer in the US. By the way, I'll like you check out the just released range of Android devices from BLU at amazingly cheap prices on sales (without contract) on AMAZON. They are even cheaper than Tecno if we are to do a direct comparison. I'm sure if those phones were to be from Tecno or available in Nigeria, you will give them all sort of names.

All I'm saying is if only we can learn from a company like Tecno, Infinix, etc then we won't just a consuming nation and a dumping ground like you've said.

3 Likes

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 5:56pm On May 22, 2013
shosky1794:

Thank you for all the 'jargons'. Some of us would have wanted those in simple English. Also,it'll be really nice if you prove some of those things you said. Just because a company does advertise it's products does not mean it sells fake products.I'm sure Google(GOOG) is fully present in Africa and they can't claim not to know of what you said(not with the popularity Tecno is gaining in the African Market now).

The advertisements(coupled with distribution) are some of the overheads which make phones from these big manufacturers expensive. This was confirm by the CEO of BLU, a phone manufacturer in the US. By the way, I'll like you check out the just released range of Android devices from BLU at amazingly cheap prices on sales (without contract) on AMAZON. They are even cheaper than Tecno if we are to do a direct comparison. I'm sure if those phones were to be from Tecno or available in Nigeria, you will give them all sort of names.

All I'm saying is if only we can learn from a company like Tecno, Infinix, etc then we won't just a consuming nation and a dumping ground like you've said.
*WAITING FOR 4LLER'S REPLY
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by cantell(m): 6:19pm On May 22, 2013
4llerbuntu:

Sorry to ask, how many phones have you produced? Wait! Don't answer! I know the answer already! You can't even boast of producing "toothpick", yet you have the guts to write trash about a phone cos its too cheap for your taste.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.