Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,801 members, 7,851,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:50 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (975331 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:29am On Jun 06, 2013
Phestous: Hello Android users,

I just had my Samsung Galaxy Note rooted, flashed Slim bean 4.2.2 build 5 onto it as well as gapps and now I can't download most applications I had on my phone back including whatsapp, it keeps claiming its not compatible, gmail not working and most annoying, s note is no where to be found. Can someone pls help me on how to get it back to stock ROM. Or is there a way i could make all these apps work on Slim bean ?

despite my reservations.

note user..... there is a build 6 now..... update. (do a clean flash)

1. always search the slimbean thread where u downloaded Rom then ask there.

whats the point in asking people who don't use your Fone or that ROM when u can ask the maker and other users?

2. edit your build.prop and check if your device name and number is correct.

3. which is the most likely cause, check your DPI settings. revert to 320 if u already changed it nor it came changed as default.

4. if u are using a modded play store apk or the one in slimbean is for another DPI, better change it to stock.

5. read point 1 again.

6. don't bother with this thread anymore. its for tecno and other Chinese Fone problems now. u need help for a proper Fone go to xda or contact folks directly.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by peteregwu(m): 8:42am On Jun 06, 2013
texazzpete:

This is not about 'worshipping the West'. The Tecno phones you folks laud and worship are cheap with flimsy build quality, low resolution LCD screens with average viewing angles, low end components and meager RAM. They are COMPROMISE devices, entry level phones for Android newbies or folks on a budget.
Please do not bill this as 'Chinese worshipping the West'. That is an essentially moronic point of view when one considers that the company that sells the most smartphones in the world is not a Western company (Samsung). Even back in the days when HTC was still a major force, they made up a large chunk of Windows Mobile and Android sales...and they aren't western companies.

Not everything 'Chinese' is low quality. Lenovo makes phones with cheap components too for the budget market, but they make use of the cream of the crop of the cheap components. Months after the release of the Quad core Mediatek MTK6589 Quad Core SoC (quad core Cortex A7, paired with a very good SGX 544 GPU), there is no single Tecno phone model in Nigeria running this chipset...instead they flood the market with the much older dual and single core models from 2011/2012.

The phone above is a Lenovo A820. Sold for around $150. Quad core 1.2ghz, 960 x 540 4.5 inches IPS screen, PowerVR SGX 544 GPU, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Android Jellybean. More importantly, it's an official carrier phone for China Mobile and has great build quality. This is the kind of cheap phone the Nigerian market needs, not the crap from Tecno that gets zero support. Which tecno phone has specs and build quality this good?

For all you folks that need budget phones, thank your God that Lenovo plans to launch phones in Africa this year. This tecno low end craze should be countered by decent budget phones.

I support u, u said it right. I am tired of that techno of a thing. Have been looking forward to another Chinese company that manufactures phones to come and compete with techno. Techno has been giving us carp here.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ewerex(m): 11:00am On Jun 06, 2013
What is the code for this mtn BB and what is the price cap?

cyrielo: why u dey give ur self headache
Just subscribe to an bb plan on mtn change APN to BlackBerry.net and u good to go with any device.. am using my fone as hotspot for both my lappy and Xbox 360 if 3gig finish bring am back to life with 250 naira send 2H to 131 chikena. Enjoy wink
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 3:25pm On Jun 06, 2013
4llerbuntu: despite my reservations.

note user. there is a build 6 now..... update. (do a clean flash)

1. always search the slimbean thread where u downloaded Rom then ask there.

whats the point in asking people who don't use your Fone or that ROM when u can ask the maker and other users?

2. edit your build.prop and check if your device name and number is correct.

3. which is the most likely cause, check your DPI settings. revert to 320 if u already changed it nor it came changed as default.

4. if u are using a modded play store apk or the one in slimbean is for another DPI, better change it to stock.

5. read point 1 again.

6. don't bother with this thread anymore. its for tecno and other Chinese Fone problems now. u need help for a proper Fone go to xda or contact folks directly.

huh......says who??
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 4:10pm On Jun 06, 2013
puskin:

huh......says who??
NOR MIND AM JARE

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 07, 2013
I updated my HTC mytouch 4g to jelly bean but d battery drains so fast like water..plz how can I solve d problem
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 11:52am On Jun 07, 2013
austino71: I updated my HTC mytouch 4g to jelly bean but d battery drains so fast like water..plz how can I solve d problem
Revert back to stock ROM
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 07, 2013
I have found what's killing d battery
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by castrokins(m): 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
Dear NL,
I bought a Bematel (Andriod) Tablet just over a month ago. It's a 7" device. Quite unfortunately, I woke up yesterday to discover it would boot past the Andriod Logo. All effort to get the device back to life has been futile. It's actually my first andriod device as I have been on RIM's Blackberries all the while. I just need advise if anyone else ever encountered such.
thank you
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2013
austino71: I have found what's killing d battery
please how do you manage the battery ? I am on 4.0.3 and the battery life is such a kill joy. Am even thinking of selling the phone. Kindly advise on what to do to save more battery. Thanks and i notice once data is turned on the battery will begin to drain fast.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 10:47pm On Jun 07, 2013
sentinel ROM. this'd is a ROM in which I'm well pleased. with my old ROM my phone couldn't last 24 hours, even with two batteries. now with full animation and heavy gaming it's still 58% and it can last the whole night
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by samilo88(m): 7:08am On Jun 08, 2013
Pls guys, I downloaded illegal racing 3d,the apk and d downloaded file came with a file and cache. The problem is that I don't know where to place the cache so it can b seen when I try to play d game. The game keeps telling me to connect to d internet to download additional files and d path for d cache wasn't specified on d site io downloaded d game frm.pls I ll appreciate if anyone can help me out wit dis..

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Dabss(m): 7:19am On Jun 08, 2013
Put the data in obb folder.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by awizl(m): 9:46am On Jun 08, 2013
Notice what's written under the"add" request? That's what I got on my Samsung S4 chat-on when my friend from naija tried to add me. USA tops the list in internet scam, you don't get this when someone tries to add you from there. It's time to boycott Samsung phones. Naija don't let this stand![b][/b

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 10:09am On Jun 08, 2013
castrokins: Dear NL,
I bought a Bematel (Andriod) Tablet just over a month ago. It's a 7" device. Quite unfortunately, I woke up yesterday to discover it would boot past the Andriod Logo. All effort to get the device back to life has been futile. It's actually my first andriod device as I have been on RIM's Blackberries all the while. I just need advise if anyone else ever encountered such.
thank you

you might have to boot into recovery and reset data (which will also mean that you'll lose all your installed apps);
i haven't actually tried it before so i don't know if it works, unfortunately i don't have a bematel tablet to try it with. Anyway power off your tablet, then hold the power button for 3 seconds, while keeping your finger on the volume up button. hopefully you should be taken to a recovery menu where u should see an option to reset/clear user data

hope this helps
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Olawaleslimfit(m): 10:13am On Jun 08, 2013
Please anyone with info about this samsung nexus 4s (sprint). The google play is not opening and this is making downloading impossible...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 10:26am On Jun 08, 2013
awizl: Notice what's written under the"add" request? That's what I got on my Samsung S4 chat-on when my friend from naija tried to add me. USA tops the list in internet scam, you don't get this when someone tries to add you from there. It's time to boycott Samsung phones. Naija don't let this stand![b][/b
SO U B MUMU.....LMAO....IM JUST JOKING DAT PIC Z FUNNY
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 11:56am On Jun 08, 2013
awizl: Notice what's written under the"add" request? That's what I got on my Samsung S4 chat-on when my friend from naija tried to add me. USA tops the list in internet scam, you don't get this when someone tries to add you from there. It's time to boycott Samsung phones. Naija don't let this stand![b][/b
grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 3:44pm On Jun 08, 2013
This thread has gone crazy
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by dybaba(m): 4:21pm On Jun 08, 2013
Please i need help with my HTC Explorer. The phone refuse to power. I discovered that after rooting, when am chating tru fb, whatapp, 2go or doing anything else the phone occasionally trip off and reboot itself. When i change sim, power it, it will be very slow booting then a low memory message will pop up ( i have 36mb free space ) until i clear my catch and/or relink all apps or relink the library through Link2SD before it will stabilize...4 days ago the phone went off and refuse to power since then......PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!....WHAT CAN I DO?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Sanmexy(m): 11:31pm On Jun 08, 2013
tomii: samsung galaxy y pro
Lg E455...go check it out.b
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 6:56am On Jun 09, 2013
Has anybody tried the new 4.2 JB camera on their 4.1.2 JB?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ridlaw(m): 11:06am On Jun 09, 2013
Pls my samsung galaxy s3 suddenly started freezing yesterday, can someone pls tell me what to do to fix this problem?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ridlaw(m): 11:11am On Jun 09, 2013
And by the way it freezes like every 5 - 10 mins n when it happens, I restart it to unfreez it but still freez within the next 10 mins and its annoying.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by marcjoe(m): 2:16pm On Jun 09, 2013
Get 400mb for 200naira airtel card only
send d airtel card with ur airtel number to 08161145975...
Time counting after dis post....

Check it out here https://www.nairaland.com/1318300/enter-here-get-airtel-2gb
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:36pm On Jun 09, 2013
where puskin?

where Mavtrevor?

I dey una town too. where e dey happen here?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ridlaw(m): 3:40pm On Jun 09, 2013
4llerbuntu: where puskin?

where Mavtrevor?

I dey una town too. where e dey happen here?

pls help me, Pls my samsung galaxy s3 suddenly started freezing yesterday, pls tell me what to do to fix this problem?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ridlaw(m): 3:44pm On Jun 09, 2013
been waiting for 4llerbuntu all day, now hes here and doesn't wanna attend to me. :-(
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:03pm On Jun 09, 2013
brodarly abeg no vex.

I am not active on this thread anymore.
and secondly, I have been on d move. network no really bam for this PH.

S3?

OK is it purely stock ROM or u have installed a custom ROM or kernel?

secondly are you rooted, and which root apps did u install recently?

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.