Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (968868 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by igbsam(m): 8:05am On Sep 05, 2016
Hey guys, i'm in deep shyt right now and i need serious help

I installed cyanogenmod 13.1 on my samsung galaxy s3 using Rom Manager. It worked, but the major problem is that my Internal Drive is filled up to the brim with no space left. I searched for files that could cause this, but didn't find any. I enabled Hidden show hidden files with my ES app to see if there's any hidden file causing this, but still none. I got fed up of this issue and decided to revert back to my previous Jellybean version, lo and behold, somehow it seems it didn't back up and could not restore. Each time i Wipe, Format and Restore Back, it goes back to cyanogenmod. Please what is the way out of this. I need help ooo
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bobo65(m): 8:29am On Sep 05, 2016
igbsam:

I installed cyanogenmod 13.1 on my samsung galaxy s3 using Rom Manager. It worked, but the major problem is that my Internal Drive is filled up to the brim with no space left. I searched for files that could cause this, but didn't find any. I enabled Hidden show hidden files with my ES app to see if there's any hidden file causing this, but still none. I got fed up of this issue and decided to revert back to my previous Jellybean version, lo and behold, somehow it seems it didn't back up and could not restore. Each time i Wipe, Format and Restore Back, it goes back to cyanogenmod. Please what is the way out of this. I need help ooo

Go and flash ur phone to its stock rom then u can continue ur rooting
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 05, 2016
blackweaver:

Why not try installing a 3rd party camera from the play store?
bros I have collected other 3rd party camera from another Infinix phone, it is not working, I can't find my in built camera in d phone, dont know what to do again
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by adanny01(m): 10:37am On Sep 05, 2016
nani667:

well that's what I thought... from your first screenshot I could see it was clearly chinese...

the hardware isn't Samsung tho, the board wasn't changed or anything, it's just a Cloned device ... Well paying 15K for a Samsung J5 , your friend was asking to be swindled

Forget that, the phone itself is not a clone. I can spot a clone from a mile away.

Samsung specific codes such as *#0#, *#1234# etc works. That means the phone is a Samsung. The camera and screen are superb. The quality is truly Samsung. The only thing that is not Samsung is the CPU, GPU, RAM size and internal storage size. The phone doesn't âdd up.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by igbsam(m): 11:06am On Sep 05, 2016
bobo65:

Go and flash ur phone to its stock rom then u can continue ur rooting

Please how can i go about that ? Or where can i do that. Kindly help me with guidelines
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2016
igbsam:

Why not try flashing cm10 or 11 (those are the versions that correspond with jellybean and kitkat respectively).

By the way if you would rather continue with cm13 and have your space back, in recovery mode you can probably find the folder that is taking up the space (it's the backup of your jellybean). Move it to sdcard or delete it
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Diseye29(m): 3:30pm On Sep 05, 2016
Please I av Samsung galaxy tab , i wat to format it from home or manual formatting .so dat i can download WhatsApp , any software i can download to format it ?

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 6:09pm On Sep 05, 2016
ayibaba:

bros I have collected other 3rd party camera from another Infinix phone, it is not working, I can't find my in built camera in d phone, dont know what to do again

I said from the play store, not from another phone. When you say "not working", do you mean not installing or installing but not opening?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Lexusgs430: 6:16pm On Sep 05, 2016
Diseye29:
Please I av Samsung galaxy tab , i wat to format it from home or manual formatting .so dat i can download WhatsApp , any software i can download to format it ?

Have tried sending apk file to it and activating?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by igbsam(m): 8:17pm On Sep 05, 2016
blackweaver:

Why not try flashing cm10 or 11 (those are the versions that correspond with jellybean and kitkat respectively).

By the way if you would rather continue with cm13 and have your space back, in recovery mode you can probably find the folder that is taking up the space (it's the backup of your jellybean). Move it to sdcard or delete it

Thank you so much bro for the tip off. But please pardon my ignorance. I have googled to see how i can do this, but not getting the desired results to help me through this process of booting into recovery mode to be able to move my files. I'd appreciate if you can guide me through this. I know how to but into recovery mode, but where and where do i need to go to for me to be able to access and move this folder so i can get back my space.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:50pm On Sep 05, 2016
vakinola1:

check if the sleep timer is not active ...
or could be the phone closing it to conserve memory (happens mainly with 512 mb of ram).......

I'm using an itel 1508 android phone but have this challenge..

whenever I'm to make a call, the phone just do turn off by itself and restart again.. this happens most times.

what could have caused that to be happening and why can I do?.

thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by phiszo(m): 11:14am On Sep 06, 2016
is airtel bb plan tweak still working on android?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Hallenjay: 4:37pm On Sep 06, 2016
honsule:
The former thread had exceeded 100 pages which is the maximum number of pages allowed for a thread on Nairaland.
I hereby officially declare Part II of the thread open today.
ENJOY wink

Pls is dere any particular os or be it would hardware or software dat one can use to flash all android instead of going for each os before one can flash....
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 8:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
igbsam:

Thank you so much bro for the tip off. But please pardon my ignorance. I have googled to see how i can do this, but not getting the desired results to help me through this process of booting into recovery mode to be able to move my files. I'd appreciate if you can guide me through this. I know how to but into recovery mode, but where and where do i need to go to for me to be able to access and move this folder so i can get back my space.

I am confused, how did you flash cm13? How did you do a backup of the stock rom?

Also, which recovery are you using? Clockworkmod or Twrp? By the way the backup will be in a folder by either of those names, inside the internal memory
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by nani667: 9:47pm On Sep 06, 2016
adanny01:

Forget that, the phone itself is not a clone. I can spot a clone from a mile away.

Samsung specific codes such as *#0#, *#1234# etc works. That means the phone is a Samsung. The camera and screen are superb. The quality is truly Samsung. The only thing that is not Samsung is the CPU, GPU, RAM size and internal storage size. The phone doesn't âdd up.

hmmm... it seems you're new to Clone matters ... nobody swapped any board... Your friend just purchased a Cloned device... that's just how it is.... you can download Antutu Benchmark app from Playstore and confirm the PPI of the screen and Camera Quality you called "Superb"
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by igbsam(m): 12:58am On Sep 07, 2016
blackweaver:

I am confused, how did you flash cm13? How did you do a backup of the stock rom?

Also, which recovery are you using? Clockworkmod or Twrp? By the way the backup will be in a folder by either of those names, inside the internal memory

I used Clockworkmod. I'll probably search for that folder then. Thanks for the help
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by adanny01(m): 7:39am On Sep 07, 2016
nani667:

hmmm... it seems you're new to Clone matters ... nobody swapped any board... Your friend just purchased a Cloned device... that's just how it is.... you can download Antutu Benchmark app from Playstore and confirm the PPI of the screen and Camera Quality you called "Superb"

You think you know all abi?

You could have asked nicely, but i don't know what you getting by insisting it's a clone even when you have never seem the phone or a similar one. I went to the market and there are several of such Samsung and HTC phones all with their correct hardwares but incorrect processor, ram, and memory. I asked questions and was told what was done to them.

The matter is, why do you insist it's a clone when you know that changing such parts of the phone is not an impossibility. For your info, this phone truely has a 294ppi screen like the J5 specs. It makes no sense to clone a phone and include such a screen and 13mp back and 5mp front cameras. It also makes no sense to have the complete physical quality of a true Samsung as a clone. Besides having a true Samsung serial number and IMEI. I did a lot of checks to satisfy my self and I owe you no explanation but already I tried. I have alot of screen shots but have decided not to share and leave you with the fact that you don't know unless you go and get such a device your self and do the testing.

I have been testing and researching on this phone for almost a month now. I have made a lot of discoveries and still on it. Even before your comment I already installed and removed Antutu benchmark and several others. Even before i came back to tell you my find, o has used more than 5 apps to know the details of the CPU and others. There is nothing you can say to change what I have found.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Diseye29(m): 9:52am On Sep 07, 2016
Am sending apk files n his working fine bt anything related to sim card like WhatsApp, making calls, n true caller app, is not working ...my brother once told me that it was programme that way by the skool so that no body can make calls. How can i make it work , gurus in d house please me

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 10:50am On Sep 07, 2016
Diseye29:
Am sending apk files n his working fine bt anything related to sim card like WhatsApp, making calls, n true caller app, is not working ...my brother once told me that it was programme that way by the skool so that no body can make calls. How can i make it work , gurus in d house please me

what is the model of your phone? sounds like the rom was customised. your best bet is to flash another rom

-unless the hardware was customised, in which case I'm not sure there is anything you can do
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ewerex(m): 3:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
shocked
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Diseye29(m): 3:52pm On Sep 07, 2016
Is 4.22 , so how can I flash the rom
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 2:46am On Sep 08, 2016
Diseye29:
Is 4.22 , so how can I flash the rom

I mean the manufacturer and make. Telling me your phone is a Samsung for example doesn't help me, there are different kinds of Samsung. If on the other hand you say it's a dual sim Samsung Galaxy core prime, then I can work with that

I don't need to know the android version, I need the phone make

If you don't know how to check, you can install this app from the play store, you will get the information :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dama.hardwareinfo
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by goddyjay(m): 9:13pm On Sep 08, 2016
hey, just got my camon c9 but it's not ringing out, I've checked all the proper settings but it's still not ringing out, anyone here to help?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by holuwaremzy: 12:22pm On Sep 09, 2016
Pls am using tecno A7 a.k.a phantom z and my problem is with the Bluetooth and wireless. It hardly receive files through Bluetooth and also the WiFi while connected to any Wi-Fi network it off and on and also when receiving files via flash share or xender it's speed is within the range of 0kb to 100kb and it's extremely slow please what is your advice regarding this issue. Awaiting your response thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Diseye29(m): 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2016
Thanks but is it here

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by sirkay9ja(m): 10:32pm On Sep 09, 2016
How to increase your Android default speaker volume within 5min

Visit http://www.sirkaytech.com/2016/08/how-to-increase-your-andriod-speaker.html?m=1
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 11:10am On Sep 10, 2016
Diseye29:
Thanks but is it here

So you have a Samsung Galaxy tab 3g lite?

Check this site for instructions on getting a stock ROM:

https://samsung-firmware.org/download/GALAXY-Tab-3-Lite-3G/1j69/ECT/T111NQXXUANJ1/T111NQOJPANJ2/

I just hope it isn't a Chinese clone sha. Can you upload another picture with the processor section explained?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Treyknowles(m): 3:19pm On Sep 10, 2016
Hi Guys,i Noticed That The Led Indicator On My Samsung S4 Doesnt Work,even When It Has Been Activated And The Wifi And Bluetooth Does not Work,anytime I Want To On My Wifi/bluetooth,it Will Show A Light Green Colour Instead Of Bright Green,please What Could Be The Problem?Thanks A Lot
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by olathy: 7:38pm On Sep 10, 2016
blackweaver:

what is the model of your phone? sounds like the rom was customised. your best bet is to flash another rom

-unless the hardware was customised, in which case I'm not sure there is anything you can do

Please help, my Tecno Y2 is not working. Anytime I power it on, it says (No Apps to perform this Action. Thanks,
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Djbond(m): 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
my tecno y4 with 8gb external card inserted always suddenly shows "Sd Card Unexpectedly Removed" when I'm using some app or playing music and there are no option to mount it back in storage settings until I restart the phone in fact, it had scattered some settings and tags.. it has been doing this repeatedly for several times now I can't count how many times I restart my phone in a day.. pls help
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by smart024(m): 2:39am On Sep 11, 2016
I bought a phone (itel-1506) while leaving my previous base and only to discover that any picture, video or audio folders I save on it corrupts immediately.

Since I am no longer where I bought it in order to return it, I took it to a carlcare center to see if it can be fixed on warranty.

They collected it and stayed with it for 2weeks but on returning it, it was as if nothing was done to it as the problem was still there.

Now it is really pissing me off as I am not enjoying the phone as I should...

Is there anything that can be done to it in order to solve this problem...?

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.