Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,587 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (969192 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 12:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
GT-I9100 users. . . . the official version of jellybean 4.1.2 from Samsung is out. . . . happy flashing
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:11pm On Jan 23, 2013
malikalhaj: GT-I9100 users. . . . the official version of jellybean 4.1.2 from Samsung is out. . . . happy flashing

source of this info?

or are u referring yet another leak?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Luckki1001(m): 1:23pm On Jan 23, 2013
4llerbuntu:

source of this info?

or are u referring yet another leak?

Ashipa, the roll out has been confirmed. See here: http://www.gsmarena.com/galaxy_s_ii_jelly_bean_update_starts_rolling_out_in_spain-news-5390.php

Anyway, they have begun the roll-out of it, beginning from Spain and will get to other countries soon.

My own be say make dem release the one for Galaxy Note ASAP. And no, I don't want to use the leaks that are outside, just the official one from Samsung gan gan grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 2:18pm On Jan 23, 2013
4llerbuntu:

SMH.
HOLD volume UP, power and Home buttons and DO NOT RELEASE IT TILL IT BOOTS INTO RECOVERY.

if u hold it for like 2 minutes and it does not let me know
it shows d warning screen den samsung GT-I9100. I held on to d keys the samsung GT-I9100 screen went off and came back on, i held on n den d screen went black like wen its off but u knw its on wen you touch d soft keys.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 2:20pm On Jan 23, 2013
malikalhaj: GT-I9100 users. . . . the official version of jellybean 4.1.2 from Samsung is out. . . . happy flashing
nice, just after 'messmerizing' my fone.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by opestein: 3:26pm On Jan 23, 2013
4llerbuntu: whose post is hidden?
my post was hidden cos I post a link for the ram expander
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
try download mode.

use the vol down button
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
usually it will get into download mode. u have soft bricked your kernel partition.

if it gets into download mode, flash a purely stock kernel.

maybe u just download the jb thats released and flash
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 4:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
4llerbuntu: usually it will get into download mode. u have soft bricked your kernel partition.

if it gets into download mode, flash a purely stock kernel.

maybe u just download the jb thats released and flash
see wahala. My down vol key no dey work but hopefully i go make usb OTG maybe e go enter download mode. Thanks a bunch boss
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:28pm On Jan 23, 2013
if the button aint working, i doubt if theres a way to repair that thing.

its not a USB OTG cable u need, its a USB JIG

its two different things entirely

this guide here will sort u out either way: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1457458&highlight=recovery+mode
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 4:36pm On Jan 23, 2013
4llerbuntu: if the button aint working, i doubt if theres a way to repair that thing.

its not a USB OTG cable u need, its a USB JIG

its two different things entirely

this guide here will sort u out either way: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1457458&highlight=recovery+mode
ok boss tanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 4:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
pls can anyone suggest any good and trusth worthy site where i can order chinesse tablets. Thanks in advance.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
chai believe you me our networks are a major cause of battery drain.

i always knew but further confirmed tuis evening.

at a particular location with my airtel sim tho the signal is there but flaky my phone drops like 20% in 1 hr.

today i tried glo and it was clear the glo network was stronger there. hsdpa all the time. i used my fone doing the same things i usually do at that time and iv lost 8 % in d same 1 hr.

that is a massive difference. shiii
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 8:17pm On Jan 23, 2013
Do I need to unroot before I can update to jellybean for S2? seriously why should I use a ram expander on an S2? On my tablet, while playing street fighter 4, when you perform a fireball it will be far across the screen before the sound will come out but on the S2, sound and move synchronize. Also, wasn't it that ram expander that needed a class 4 memory card to work?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 8:37pm On Jan 23, 2013
Leopantro: Do I need to unroot before I can update to jellybean for S2?
You don't need to unroot if you use odin but if you use kies you have to unroot
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by engrhamid(m): 9:52pm On Jan 23, 2013
4llerbuntu: chai believe you me our networks are a major cause of battery drain.

i always knew but further confirmed tuis evening.

at a particular location with my airtel sim tho the signal is there but flaky my phone drops like 20% in 1 hr.

today i tried glo and it was clear the glo network was stronger there. hsdpa all the time. i used my fone doing the same things i usually do at that time and iv lost 8 % in d same 1 hr.

that is a massive difference. shiii
Na today. Lots of reasons for battery drain as well, but that's one of d major reasons
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 1:15am On Jan 24, 2013
If im to an android its defiantly not samsung. They are too confuse :S how will they release S then SII then SIII then S advance then SIII mini then SII plus
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 6:21am On Jan 24, 2013
That's your opinion, it was the same thing with Nokia when they were leading the market they bring out phones every week with almost same feature but they still sell that's why it's called business. . . .
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by odume10: 11:30am On Jan 24, 2013
someone help me pls i just updated my firmware to official android 4.0.4 for samsung galaxy sgh-i777 and now its asking for network code to recognize any sim.
pls dis is the only phone i have for now,
tried getting the unlock code unline but could not purchase using my gt card,
thanx
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lilmonnie(m): 5:37pm On Jan 24, 2013
Pls anyone with a reliable method of using a glo blackberry subscription on my Sony Ericsson android phone
Please treat as urgent...
Appreciate ur replies
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:16pm On Jan 24, 2013
odume10: someone help me pls i just updated my firmware to official android 4.0.4 for samsung galaxy sgh-i777 and now its asking for network code to recognize any sim.
pls dis is the only phone i have for now,
tried getting the unlock code unline but could not purchase using my gt card,
thanx

somehow this has got to stop.

u pple should be able to do minor google searches. i got this options in 1 google / xda search. ifbu have internet to post here im quite sure u can google.

dont take it badly but its weird this spoon feeding thing. hian

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1289395

u will most likely have to root first. i know u know how to locate the rooting how-to for ics for ur device.

goodluck
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:19pm On Jan 24, 2013
lil monnie: Pls anyone with a reliable method of using a glo blackberry subscription on my Sony Ericsson android phone
Please treat as urgent...
Appreciate ur replies

reliable abi?
ok

if u open the phone section. scroll down and read the names of the threads one after the other.

there is this big hot current thread, right on the first page of the phone section. it was started by one man called luluosas. u cannot miss it.

u will find all the info u need there ok.

remember to use ur glasses in case so u dont miss it.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Lawalmd(m): 7:46pm On Jan 24, 2013
4llerbuntu:

reliable abi?
ok

if u open the phone section. scroll down and read the names of the threads one after the other.

there is this big hot current thread, right on the first page of the phone section. it was started by one man called luluosas. u cannot miss it.

u will find all the info u need there ok.

remember to use ur glasses in case so u dont miss it.
gbam
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 24, 2013
sometimes, I don't understand why people can't fend for themselves. A little search won't hurt. Reading is invaluable, Learning is the greatest sixth sense ever. Half of this thread is filed with recycled questions
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viruz007(m): 12:03am On Jan 25, 2013
samsung shld do and release jelly bean na... I prefer OTA as it smaller compared to KIES.

Anybody using the app Pocket?Ruddy good app. den need for speed most wanted is a mad game... Still experimenting apps sha...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:47am On Jan 25, 2013
if u use a samsung.

save this page on your phone or pc somewhere.
its a guide for recovering bricks hard and soft.

it will differ slightly in d kernels to be used from device to device but the idea is the same.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1661590

lifesaver
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 25, 2013
temple run 2

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:41am On Jan 25, 2013
^^^
this game has been annoying me since yesterday. the curves and shiit is doing my eyes in.

plus when it speeds up its virtually unplayable. i get vertigo feelings from the up in the sky effect.

mcheew. i never reach 100k points since yesterday

i will have to sue those imangi devs for contributing to time wastage in my life. i think i spent close to 1 hr 30 mins playing yesterday
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:39am On Jan 25, 2013
@ mods. i have a suggestion.

i think that seun should give NL a feature where one can sticky particular posts he made. kinda like the option in your profile where u can see the threads you started.
lately i have had to search for some of my specific posts and its not been easy even with the google search box. esp on tech boards.
it will save a lot of hassle.

please give it a thought.

that said.

@ engr Hamid: this was the lock screen thing u asked me for.
like i said, it has to have had its debug enabled otherwise ye r out of luck

[GUIDE][HOW-TO]Crack android pattern lock!

For this you need

1. ADB, either in windows or ubuntu. its part of the Android SDK.

all you need is ADB

2. your pad must have had usb debugging enabled. i just sincerely hope you had ticked the debugging box before you locked yourself out

method 1:
plug in the device to the PC

open up a terminal or console on the pc

enter the following :

Code:

adb shell

cd /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases

sqlite3 settings.db

update system set value=0 where name='lock_pattern_autolock'

update system set value=0 where name='lockscreen.lockedoutpermanently'

.quit

-AND/OR-

method 2:

Code:

adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key

you can try both of them
1- run the first method.
2-reboot
3-run the second method
4-reboot

NOTES:
-in the first method each line is a seperate command so click enter after typing each line.
-in the second method type all the command and then press enter.
-after running both methods and rebooting you may see the pattern lock,that doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't work,just try any random pattern and it may unlock then remove the pattern from settings.

-this may and may not work,it may work on some devices and don't on others,so all you can do is trying it but i can't assure it will work.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ewerex(m): 2:03pm On Jan 25, 2013
how can i install fifa12 galaxy ace? i think am going to need some help here
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 2:21pm On Jan 25, 2013
4llerbuntu: @ mods. i have a suggestion.

i think that seun should give NL a feature where one can sticky particular posts he made. kinda like the option in your profile where u can see the threads you started.
lately i have had to search for some of my specific posts and its not been easy even with the google search box. esp on tech boards.
it will save a lot of hassle.

please give it a thought.

email ur request to him, i will also do likewise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.