Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:38 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (959202 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by UncleJJ(m): 3:22pm On Jul 25, 2012
Teaser4: add me on Liveprofile.......this is my pin LPM0MZ9W

bb has a thread for this why doesnt android?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2012
More

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2012
Homescreen

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by joanana(f): 3:58pm On Jul 25, 2012
JELLYBEAN shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked HMMMMMMM............... undecided
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2012
Google now

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2012
Test Web Page

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lynxnoon(m): 4:22pm On Jul 25, 2012
hmmmmm
see flexing na!!! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KayDee4: 5:08pm On Jul 25, 2012
walcolm:
i believe that tablet was designed to be able to make and receive calls like the 7inch version before it

you should see a phone icon on it if there's a sim card inserted. that will confirm to you it can make calls
[size=13pt] There is no phone icon o; some people on some forums even said it wasn't built for phone calling but it can be rooted and reconfigured to do that. Another problem I just noticed is that it doesn't recognize my phone-calling SIM card, I noticed that earlier when I bought the tab but when I came to naija some months ago, i got the etisalat data SIM and it was recognized so i thought the problem was solved but I just tried the phone-calling SIM again and it still doesn't recognize it. [/size]
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:42pm On Jul 25, 2012
Leopantro: @4llerbuntu,I'm interested in the sysctl tweak but what does it do? that battery stat app is interesting, if you can understand it. meanwhile i just got final fantasy 3, the game is awesome.

Processor stepping and battery saving.

quite good.

at present im running my own stock rom. im implementing tweaks and editing the root files myself

i find it better as it is more stable and everything works. i also implement tweaks that i want and that are to my taste.

im getting to that stage where pples roms are just not my cuppa and i need to make mine.

i dont have the time nor a competent machine to cook my roms on pc for now.

maybe by december i will invest in a development machine.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 7:04pm On Jul 25, 2012
okay
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2012
I trust you. Hope to eat d rom with u soong meanwhile Galaxy Ace and Gio become the first ARMv6 smartphones to get CM10 ports.

Chk blog,gsmarena,com

4llerbuntu:

Processor stepping and battery saving.

quite good.

at present im running my own stock rom. im implementing tweaks and editing the root files myself

i find it better as it is more stable and everything works. i also implement tweaks that i want and that are to my taste.

im getting to that stage where pples roms are just not my cuppa and i need to make mine.

i dont have the time nor a competent machine to cook my roms on pc for now.

maybe by december i will invest in a development machine.

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by aieromon(m): 7:47pm On Jul 25, 2012
Enough groove here while I'm busy looking for where to download 500Gb of Gingerbread OS just cos I wanna root my Xperia S on ICS.

It is well. embarassed
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2012
aieromon: Enough groove here while I'm busy looking for where to download 500Gb of Gingerbread OS just cos I wanna root my Xperia S on ICS.

It is well. embarassed
U sure say na 500gig abi na mistake
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 11:04pm On Jul 25, 2012
aieromon: Enough groove here while I'm busy looking for where to download 500Gb of Gingerbread OS just cos I wanna root my Xperia S on ICS.

It is well. embarassed

error....error......error. grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lynxnoon(m): 11:30pm On Jul 25, 2012
aieromon: Enough groove here while I'm busy looking for where to download[b] 500Gb of Gingerbread OS [/b]just cos I wanna root my Xperia S on ICS.

It is well. embarassed

even f b t no go allow u download dat kin amt of data oh . . . . lol grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 6:16am On Jul 26, 2012
KazeKage1: Wow! Took me sometime to find this thread angry
Ok guys, i need your help desperately, my wifi at work uses a proxy with authentication(username and password,which i know). I've tried to use Autoproxy(which worked when there was no authentication) but that hasn't worked for me sad.

Thanks in anticipation
Someone? Anyone? angry angry angry
Vladimir Puskas,I see you angry angry
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by aieromon(m): 6:59am On Jul 26, 2012
malikalhaj:
U sure say na 500gig abi na mistake

Dont mind all these Xperia developers. They prerooted the gingerbread OS and ported a recovery image to it which will transfer its rooting privileges to a flashed ICS ROM.

There's a shortcut but these hasnt been approved by the xda geeks.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by aieromon(m): 7:01am On Jul 26, 2012
lynxnoon:
even f b t no go allow u download dat kin amt of data oh . . . . lol grin grin

I tire for these Sony developers and their large files. The ICS rom was 332MB and the flash tool was 125MB. Now they're telling me to download a prerooted GB OS cooked with recovery image for 555MB.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:39am On Jul 26, 2012
aieromon:

I tire for these Sony developers and their large files. The ICS rom was 332MB and the flash tool was 125MB. Now they're telling me to download a prerooted GB OS cooked with recovery image for 555MB.

why dont you just flash JUST THE ROOTED KERNEL/FIRMWARE?

SOny Ericsson root methods are injected in the radio firmware nowadays na
there should be a DoomKernel for Xperia S na, or doomlord no dey reach that side?

i dont get your point about GB recovery image. u cant flash a recovery image, you have to flash a firmware with xrecovery or cwm, copy the image onto your sd card and then restore it through recovery as if you are the one who backed it up before.
The reason why you are downloading flashtool is that for some reason only those nuccas know, they refuse to release some firmware separately and always bundle it with flashtool.

be sure of what you are doing o bro.

Way it sounds you have to flash the firmware whilst on GB, before upgrading to ICS if im getting you right.

BTW, FOR JUST ROOTING, THE LATEST FLASHTOOL WILL ROOT YOUR PHONE JUST FINE WITHOUT ANY JUMPING UP AND DOWN.

which is why i suspect you dont get what the procedure is
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lynxnoon(m): 9:39am On Jul 26, 2012
4llerbuntu:

u cant flash a recovery image,

well maybe for u Xperia guys but i flash recovery image on my Desire S more times dan i can count
. . . well d bootloader has to be unlocked and flashing is tru adb or fastboot . . . lol
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 11:29am On Jul 26, 2012
Jellybean make me feel I have a new phone

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:53am On Jul 26, 2012
lynxnoon:

well maybe for u Xperia guys but i flash recovery image on my Desire S more times dan i can count
. . . well d bootloader has to be unlocked and flashing is tru adb or fastboot . . . lol

lets get this thing clear. for recovery image, the files are in .img format.

boot.img, stystem.img etc etc.

i think there is usually four of em.. when you create a backup with Xrevovery or ClockworkMod, it creates the backup in this format.
usually you simply restore them, if thats what you get.

It never comes with a kernel/radio firmware. that must be flashed seperately.

to flash, you create an update.zip (custom rom) file using amend scripting or edify scripting. you then flash from xrec or CWM as appropriate

that also does not come with radio firmware. AT LEAST ON XPERIAS.
U CANNOT FLASH RADIO FROM THE FONE, HAS TO be with flash tool

otherwise you combine all as an .FTF file, which is how the os is officially circulated as an offline thing, to be flashed with Flashtool.

must be different on HTC sha

so you see why i said maybe he does not get the directions well. unless he is talking about a pre-rooted .FTF
which must be flashed with flash tool, cannot be that big and will contain stock radio firmware.

to go to a dev built ROM, he has to flash another Custom Kernel compatible with the ROM he is going to flash.

you are not going to restore a custom rom without a corresponding kernel.

matter of fact, it has nothing to do with root or pre-rooted bla bla bbla.

get the right radio, flash it with flashtool, boot into recovery and flash or restore the rom.

NO BRICK THE FONE O. NO UNBRICKABLE MOD DEY FOR XPERIA OOOO
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lynxnoon(m): 4:16pm On Jul 26, 2012
Yeah 4ller
From what you just mentioned its very different from HTC..... One can flash a custom Rom as a whole tru Recovery or on the pc tru adb or fastboot
U can also flash the individual components which are usually in (.img) format
Usually contains the boot, recovery, hboot(in some cases), radio etc
As usual you have to know what you think are doing or else.....
Hmmmm
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Knight1(m): 5:15pm On Jul 26, 2012
I need a scrabble game pls!!!!!!!! I can't seem to find one I can play offline...
any help??
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by joanana(f): 5:40pm On Jul 26, 2012
what is the model of your phone? this section is for android, go to android market n download 'scrabble remix' very interesting game grin grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by aieromon(m): 6:27pm On Jul 26, 2012
4llerbuntu:

why dont you just flash JUST THE ROOTED KERNEL/FIRMWARE?

SOny Ericsson root methods are injected in the radio firmware nowadays na
there should be a DoomKernel for Xperia S na, or doomlord no dey reach that side?

i dont get your point about GB recovery image. u cant flash a recovery image, you have to flash a firmware with xrecovery or cwm, copy the image onto your sd card and then restore it through recovery as if you are the one who backed it up before.
The reason why you are downloading flashtool is that for some reason only those nuccas know, they refuse to release some firmware separately and always bundle it with flashtool.

be sure of what you are doing o bro.

Way it sounds you have to flash the firmware whilst on GB, before upgrading to ICS if im getting you right.

BTW, FOR JUST ROOTING, THE LATEST FLASHTOOL WILL ROOT YOUR PHONE JUST FINE WITHOUT ANY JUMPING UP AND DOWN.

which is why i suspect you dont get what the procedure is

Most of what you wrote is inconsistent with what the guys at xda said. We're talking about rooting a Xperia S on ICS. To do that,you have to downgrade to GB,no more no less.

I've never bricked a device before and I hope I never do. Samsung didn't give me all these stress. Download the file for me as I have all the other ingredients. All these yeye network providers and their data caps got somebody strategizing like sh!t.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2012
malikalhaj: Jellybean make me feel I have a new phone
which rom are you using on ur galaxy s2.Are there any bugs.am thinking on updating my S2 to jelly beans.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 11:24pm On Jul 26, 2012
CM10, there are bugs but not serious (to me sha)
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by engrhamid(m): 1:49am On Jul 27, 2012
malikalhaj: CM10, there are bugs but not serious (to me sha)
List em
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 2:23am On Jul 27, 2012
KazeKage1:
Someone? Anyone? angry angry angry
Vladimir Puskas,I see you angry angry

U dey see me......where?? grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 2:28am On Jul 27, 2012
lynxnoon: Yeah 4ller
From what you just mentioned its very different from HTC..... One can flash a custom Rom as a whole tru Recovery or on the pc tru adb or fastboot
U can also flash the individual components which are usually in (.img) format
Usually contains the boot, recovery, hboot(in some cases), radio etc
As usual you have to know what you think are doing or else.....
Hmmmm

I still dey come back for more in-depth rooting documentation. grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by aieromon(m): 4:33am On Jul 27, 2012
puskin:

I still dey come back for more in-depth rooting documentation. grin grin

Babies and noobs have left you behind. Dey there dey form superman. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.