Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,734 members, 7,813,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job (12910 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Could My Wife Be Cheating? / S.O.S. Saving The 'Black Family' From Extinction. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by snthesis(m): 7:48pm On Jun 29, 2012
queensmith:

maybe she will realise and leave you for a hot engineer.
thanks for adding to my fear sad
maybe, its ur plan for me to settle for sum1 alot less, sum1 like u

1 Like

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by queensmith: 7:52pm On Jun 29, 2012
snthesis:
thanks for adding to my fear sad
maybe, its ur plan for me to settle for sum1 alot less, sum1 like u

less ke? in what manner- this is entertainment lmfao.

you should go to the nearest village and pick a goat for a wife, at least then you can tie it down and stop it from going anywhere.

shameless man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by snthesis(m): 7:56pm On Jun 29, 2012
queensmith:

less ke? in what manner- this is entertainment lmfao.

you should go to the nearest village and pick a goat for a wife, at least then you can tie it down and stop it from going anywhere.

shameless man.
i wonder d kind of person u are- thinkin a serious decision like this is entertainment- bet u aint married

1 Like

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 29, 2012
SimonAndal: I don't normally give out advices, but @OP, you'll be a blonde he-goat not to let her go. Like chaircover said, she could meet another guy anywhere, but this job will enable you save money. Oh who am I kidding, you're just an insecure 10-year-old afraid to lend out his toy for fear of it liking his friend more. Like me.

wrong. We are talking about a wife staying three weeks away from home EVERY MONTH. Dude what are saying? Even if the Job was for the man I wouldn't advice him to pick it. Money is not everything. Gotcha spend ample time with your family you know?

2 Likes

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by queensmith: 8:00pm On Jun 29, 2012
snthesis:
i wonder d kind of person u are- thinkin a serious decision like this is entertainment- bet u aint married

you said someone alot less like me? that was an entertaining statement abeg.
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by snthesis(m): 8:05pm On Jun 29, 2012
if you've seen her, u wud knw why i am so protective/worried
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by hacklilc: 8:07pm On Jun 29, 2012
I DONT TRUST ANY BODY... I MEAN ANY !!!
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by queensmith: 8:13pm On Jun 29, 2012
snthesis: if you've seen her, u wud knw why i am so protective/worried

thats why i'm saying you should marry a goat. . . .less worry, less hypertension. long life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 29, 2012
queensmith:

thats why i'm saying you should marry a goat. . . .less worry, less hypertension. long life

Queensmith why u dey vex for the man na? remember u called him 'shameless'. Abi because he say im wife beta pass u, u come dey vex? chillax abeg. He has genuine reasons to be worried. SMH
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by snthesis(m): 8:23pm On Jun 29, 2012
queensmith:

lets get married tongue

1 Like

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by kcsider: 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2012
oga abeg follow your angel wife to her offshore platform work na. Bikonu - make person think better think na. abeg grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by ayandee: 8:42pm On Jun 29, 2012
@poster, my experience may be of help to you. Seven months after marriage, I got full (all expense paid) scholarship to study for Masters abroad. My husband encouraged me and gave me his full support. However, a month to my departure, I found out I was pregnant. I had my baby while studying and still finished cum laude. I returned when my baby was 4months. I wouldn't have forgiven him if i missed that opportunity. I eventually got a job based on that degree and contribute in no small measure to family finance. I'm happy doing that cos of d sacrifices he'd made. Unless her new workplace prohibits pregnancy in d first year of work, u guys may consider having a baby. That automatically takes her away from the prying eyes of those hawks offshore
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by ayandee: 8:47pm On Jun 29, 2012
@mods I meant cum laude (with praise) not precipitate laude. Dont twist my words
ayandee: @poster, my experience may be of help to you. Seven months after marriage, I got full (all expense paid) scholarship to study for Masters abroad. My husband encouraged me and gave me his full support. However, a month to my departure, I found out I was pregnant. I had my baby while studying and still finished cum laude. I returned when my baby was 4months. I wouldn't have forgiven him if i missed that opportunity. I eventually got a job based on that degree and contribute in no small measure to family finance. I'm happy doing that cos of d sacrifices he'd made. Unless her new workplace prohibits pregnancy in d first year of work, u guys may consider having a baby. That automatically takes her away from the prying eyes of those hawks offshore
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by queensmith: 8:54pm On Jun 29, 2012
ekwah:

Queensmith why u dey vex for the man na? remember u called him 'shameless'. Abi because he say im wife beta pass u, u come dey vex? chillax abeg. He has genuine reasons to be worried. SMH

yeeee! LOL on a friday night? hilariousness.

He is shameless, she is his wife not his property. Nonsense. He doesn't have anything. . .he should go and marry a goat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by queensmith: 8:55pm On Jun 29, 2012
snthesis:
lets get married tongue

im not a goat, mshew. I'm sure you can buy an animal off the internet now. tongue tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by snthesis(m): 9:49pm On Jun 29, 2012
queensmith:

im not a goat, mshew. I'm sure you can buy an animal off the internet now. tongue tongue
hw much do u cost, i can pay
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Alfoasegh: 10:01pm On Jun 29, 2012
The answer is a big NO if you ask me -OP, pls don't allow your wife go offshore.
I have been in the oil industry for over 15 years now and have worked both onshore & offshore. The temptations that most married women are exposed to is terrible even onshore. They compromise a lot to get promoted, get good appraisal/ranking, to get transferred to juicy functions etc. Even for the highly disciplined ones, it's usually a matter of time before they succumb.
Infidelity aside, most women easily get carried away when they start earning as much or more than their husbands. It takes God's grace for most of such women not to undermine their husbands authority at home. In the long run, husbands of such women end up being "house boys" and for those that are able to fight back, the fight is usually bitter and leads to divorce most times.
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by osifred(m): 10:40pm On Jun 29, 2012
propofol:
OBIVIOUSLY YOU DONT TRUST OR LOVE YOUR WIFE.THIS MAY BE A ONCE-IN -A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU BOTH. IF YOU LIKE MESS IT UP~~~~~~~~~~`

¶ hope you know there is a big difference between love and trust.
You can love sumbody you don't trust.

@op. Yes your wife will definitely meet men W̶̲̥̅̊hε̲̣̣̣̥я̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ ever she works but this particualr 3 weeks offshore stuff is very very risky. ¶ don't think it will augur well especially if you hav children, nevertheless you can take your chance.
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by 3rdparty: 10:52pm On Jun 29, 2012
@ Poster,

Prepare to lose her. Superhot lady in the midst of hungry lions. I bet one will be sneaking into her room to do her when she's off duty.

Talking from experience, although the lady wasn't married.
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 29, 2012
If it was the other way around, you would take up the job at the drop of a hat. wink

1 Like

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by denzel2009: 1:29am On Jun 30, 2012
If that is your wife on your profile, you don't have much to worry about.

1 Like

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Ivynwa(f): 4:02am On Jun 30, 2012
denzel2009: If that is your wife on your profile, you don't have much to worry about.

Jeez Mr.Denzel you dey wicked small-o-o. You made me check the profile picture too.
Why are you bursting the bubble of a man and the sweet picture he has of his wife, you dey create person? Abeg leave the man -o-o.

Poster you already got good advice, money isn't everything. Have heard stories of p-rostitutes smuggled into rigs and cruiseships which paints a perfect picture of the kind of urges holding the persons on such rigs. A place bursting at the seam with the s-exual energy of full blooded men isn't the right environment for a married woman to stay for 3 weeks without her partner.
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by hustla(m): 8:24am On Jun 30, 2012
SimonAndal: I don't normally give out advices, but @OP, you'll be a blonde he-goat not to let her go. Like chaircover said, she could meet another guy anywhere, but this job will enable you save money. Oh who am I kidding, you're just an insecure 10-year-old afraid to lend out his toy for fear of it liking his friend more. Like me.

SMH!
The immensity of ur stupidity cannot be measured..he's merely trying to keep what is his...Use ya head mate!

1 Like

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by horny4u(f): 9:20am On Jun 30, 2012
snthesis:
horoscope- is it like a telescope? why is it horoscope- does it imply black magic to look into sum1 future?

You just confirmed my worst fears.... undecided cry embarassed

Hummn I am not one for NL bashing but you need to get reading, use google more, improve your knowledge about various things.

Wish you all the best....and I really do.
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by snthesis(m): 9:45am On Jun 30, 2012
horny4u:

You just confirmed my worst fears.... undecided cry embarassed

Hummn I am not one for NL bashing but you need to get reading, use google more, improve your knowledge about various things.

Wish you all the best....and I really do.
Actually, d joke is on you. For stupidly tagging along - ur ability to discern is mighty low/ or perhaps ur bias clouds ur judgment
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by fraktion: 11:12am On Jun 30, 2012
hello mr is better to shore ur marriage than to offshore ur wife money can buy u many things but cant buy u real happiness

1 Like

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Wislet(f): 11:17am On Jun 30, 2012
chaircover: Is MissyB a nurse ni?

On a serious note, if I were your wife I will be pretty offended that you think that way. You are indirectly implying that you can’t trust her.

Which job will your wife do that she won’t be exposed to other men? Do men toast married women YES!!! Do men toast me? Yes!! In the shops, on the plane, on the street, driving along in the car . . . . . . I just politely tell them to Fcuuk off.

Even if your wife was a housewife, there is still the washerman, driver, gateman, when she goes to the market etc

You have to trust her, however if she has given you any reason not to trust her, then you need to discuss it and iron things out Now Now because if you don’t, then every time she is 5 minutes late from the marker you will be thinking the worst.

Now back to the job, I personally don’t like husband and wife being away from each other and 3 weeks out of every 4 is a long time to be apart. Money is not everything and investing in building your relationship together is more important than money. Sit down, put your heads together, focus and pray together and surely a job closer to home will soon appear.
Let's not say he does not trust her.
Most Men are more stable emotionally than most women(their heads control their emotion)....that's fact.
Falling into temptation may not be what she could forsee....but it is better to be safe than sorry.
If she'll work in the midst of other women(that is, if she won't be the only one) and she'd come back to her husby after the 3 weeks of work, then she could avert any funny possibilities.
But hey...a married woman in the midst of others and only one week with her husband in a whole month? May that not be suicide.
Money is not everything.
Besides, do not depend on your wife to be the money bringer. Do your job, and she won't have to take on such jobs!
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 30, 2012
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Wislet(f): 11:31am On Jun 30, 2012
@ those saying the woman can meet a man anywhere.
Very funny.

There is a big difference between seeing random men every other day and having them ogle you...and ACTUALLY BEING CONFINED WITH THEM IN THE SAME ENVIRONMENT.
A married woman at that.
You should be with your family.
Not see them only for a week in a month.
Leave that job for the singles!

@OP, pay your rent yourself.
Do not deceive yourself.
Else, you could lose ur trust and home for a rent payment guarantee and comfort.

By the way, there are other jobs she could earn a whole lot in a month, and still come home everyday.
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Wislet(f): 11:48am On Jun 30, 2012
chaircover: Wislet fron the little I know, Women think long and hard before having an affair. Men tend to go into affairs much more easily and many a time they dont think it through before setting off.

Maybe because its a relatively new marriage and snthsis does not really know what his wife is capable or not capable doing of just yet, and so he is a little worried now. Maybe in 5 years time, and the trust has been proven, he wont even bat an eyelid if his wife came up with the same job as she has been offered today. So it is still down to the trust issue.

Now for the temptation, are we saying here that everyone falls to temptation? I believe that is a capital NO. The only reason why i wont take that job is the 3 weeks on and one week off issue.

good thing u know you can't/shouldn't take it.
So let the OP know the truth.
I'm not saying no one can resist temptation...of course not!
I'm saying, let us not deceive ourselves here.
A married woman has no business taking that kind of work,especially a newly married one.
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 30, 2012
At the end of the day, the joke might be on the woman. Even if she is faithful offshore, how are you sure the husband will be after some time...especially when conji don hook am. The man fit find wify replacement sef. Sharp man! cheesy

As a lady working offshore and you are exposing yourself and your husband at risk because of the money involved. If am the lady,how will I even have rest of mind keeping my husband 3 weeks without touchery and maybe when I finally come back, I might be on my period for 5 days, so technically 2 days for yanshing! grin grin

OP, carry go, na God do am for you! cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should We Really Ignore Dysfunctional Families? / Which Bank Is The Best To Open A Kiddies Account? / Single Mother Looking For Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.