Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job (12913 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Could My Wife Be Cheating? / S.O.S. Saving The 'Black Family' From Extinction. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 29, 2012
I laugh at some of the comments here as some do not know what it entails to be on a routine job in a "quarantined" place for 3 weeks with very limited access to the real world. Moreso as a nurse, I can assure you she will not be busy for the greater part of the day and we all know that an idle mind is the devil's workshop.

He who has ears eyes, let him listen read
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by jaybee3(m): 2:22pm On Jun 29, 2012
You are basically considering blocking your wife's career because of own self doubt shocked shocked shocked shocked
How would you feel if the roles were reversed?
Trust is key in everything we do. If extra income is important to the family then i don't see why she shouldn't accept the job.
What if that has always been her ultimate ambition?
Please don't be insecure. If you married a LovePeddler then she doesn't need to be offshore to display her whoring characteristics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 29, 2012
domack99:

If the job is an offshore and she works on a platform i assure you that you don't have any thing to fear, you wife is secure as there is no room for what you are thinking off. But its left to your wife not to go and visit them during her time off. You are save if its a platform i assure you.

If she was employ directly by the E&P, she might be going for a lot of training before/after being deploy to the location, so becareful not to interprete that to runs.
Synthesis, Listen to the post above and stop hyperventilating smiley
let her do one hitch, discuss her experiences and go forward from there. Problem with this is what if she likes it? Its her life you know, did you get the job for her? Just saying that you should reverse roles, if you got a job requiring you to spend that kain time with the opposite gender, would you refuse it cos you're married? Pretty sure your boys would drink to your health you lucky sod!
what you dont know, dont think, will never hurt you. In all of these i see an uncertainty and a certainty.
She takes the job and will be unfaithful... uncertain.
She takes the job and one month's pay wipes out your rent debt....certain.
Bruv, na naija we dey o, i dont know your level but at the end of it all the chedda counts o. man up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by tasandra: 2:28pm On Jun 29, 2012
@ Op,what on earth will make u so insecure,if u knw she luvs u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 29, 2012
^^
If you love your wife, let this particular job go. Money isn't everything, after all you're also working, don't be a lazy man putting your wife in harm's way for money, have faith & work hard decent money will come, in time.

You'll only have access to her paycheck for a period anyway, after she leaves you for Mr. Offshore (and mark my words, she will) you'll be back to square one, and bitter to boot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by UGOCHUKWU3: 2:40pm On Jun 29, 2012
No too much story here,just make a choice btw your wife and money,u know the one that is more important to you.simple
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Mandelaguy(m): 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2012
If your wife truly has the fear of God,she will never ever have cause to cheat on you or even nurse sexual fantasies. Some points count in her favour 1. She loves you in your poor state,even though her beauty could have given her a better bargain 2. She tabled it before you to make the decision( respect and submissiveness) 3. She is still waiting for your decison( patience). If you really need the money,listen to domack99 and boboyekini,let her accept,go for he trainings and share her feelings about the job. If you guys see the disadvantage to be more than the advantage,then she can flee from that territory. Ask for divine guidance together.
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by angiemartinez(f): 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2012
@op wat i dnt like is d 3wks tin, she wil nw spend more time wt guys who myt stl b single n dosnt give a damn abt her maritta status. It would av been beta if its u dats goin. Who wil take care of d home 4 3wks? Jst tink twice, which eva one u take has merits n demerits.
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by jajajaja828: 2:50pm On Jun 29, 2012
TALK TO HER AS A HUSBAND TALK TO A WIFE N ALLOW HER TO GO. DONT DO SOMETHING U LL REGRET FOR D REST OF UR LIFE. PPL THAT R RUNNING AWAY FROM PLANE CRASH GET AT THEIR HOME. ALLOW HER TO GO FOR THE JOB. THAT JOB CAN CHANGE UR LIFE N THAT OF UR CHILDREN FOREVER.
ALL D BEST.
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Pennywise(m): 3:01pm On Jun 29, 2012
@OP
If she stays long enuff on the rig, only one third of the kids will be yours. The real challenge will be knowing which. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by bisi16(m): 3:07pm On Jun 29, 2012
Vikin: OP, as a nurse offshore, her career will go down the pit because there is less activities for offshore medics. Because of the safrty measures in place, They sit there with their computers waiting for wks to go by....she is pretty, i tell you there is a lot of temptation. The money is great but also consider the risk in case fire emergency on board the platform etc..

Let her look for job else where she will be closer home and also improve her career.

I currently work offshore but will resign by august cos i will be getting married to my fiance and need time for my family. Money is not everything.

My dear, that PLACE is not an ideal place for ladies especially married women.

Trust me, talking out of experience.

@Op, u've read it. If it is as this poster said above, even if she has good intentions, boredom can cause many things. If u let her go, u'll loose her. Money is not everythng.

1 Like

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by horny4u(f): 3:07pm On Jun 29, 2012
Your wife married her own personal enemy.....
If she were your sister or daughter will you let her go...
Women should look before they leap.....Know something she will secretly resent you for not letting her go and will eventually leave you
Because that which we fear most always comes upon us.

You donot hold her destiny in your hand HUSBAND... if she will cheat it does not take offshore
Why not get a better job yourself so that you can feel like a man instead of career blocking your wife you claim to love.
You want to use your low self esteem to spoil her blessing.....You really need to evaluate o.....all that you have is your soul and you cannot NEVER possess another...
Befriend yourself and encourage her....married women who go for masters abroad nko...there hubbys are dummys abi

You truly are your wife's curse.....she should be mumuing about and not run from you o

You ought to lead but you tied your manly role to your bank account and you are fumbling.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by snthesis(m): 3:08pm On Jun 29, 2012
Pennywise: @OP
If she stays long enuff on the rig, only one third of the kids will be yours. The real challenge will be knowing which. cheesy
men! u harsh o

thanks for all the advice, my heart is telling me a big No, but on paper it seems there's nothing to fear
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 29, 2012
Stick to the BIG No
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Ivbade: 3:17pm On Jun 29, 2012
First of all, unfaithfulness in marriage has nothing to do with distance or beauty. If its in you, it will definitely show up, just a matter of time. What keeps a marriage is discipline and the willingness to remain in it. A woman that will be unfaithful while you are not there, will still be unfaithful while you are there. That's why you have a woman or a man sleeps with the driver or housemaid even while the other partner is around. There are other reasons why the job offer should be considered or not. Like the kids, their education, etc and not necessarily the thought of infidelity. But in a case where a partner has been caught in the act before, then thoughts like these, when faced with such choices, arise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by hannydarl(f): 3:19pm On Jun 29, 2012
HELP. My husband just got a good paying job on an oil platform and I heard That they Supply them women there.. He will be gone 3weeks and at home for 3 weekS. Should I let him go? Considering he will have enough money to carry Any woman and I don't want to share him he is Too handsome.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by stepo707: 3:21pm On Jun 29, 2012
A womans place is in her home and not being offshore for 3weeks.Tell her no

Sayorana
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by snthesis(m): 3:27pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ivbade: First of all, unfaithfulness in marriage has nothing to do with distance or beauty. If its in you, it will definitely show up, just a matter of time. What keeps a marriage is discipline and the willingness to remain in it. A woman that will be unfaithful while you are not there, will still be unfaithful while you are there. That's why you have a woman or a man sleeps with the driver or housemaid even while the other partner is around. There are other reasons why the job offer should be considered or not. Like the kids, their education, etc and not necessarily the thought of infidelity. But in a case where a partner has been caught in the act before, then thoughts like these, when faced with such choices, arise.
but then isnt it foolishness putting her into temptation
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by snthesis(m): 3:29pm On Jun 29, 2012
cudnt concentrate @work today sad
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by snthesis(m): 3:38pm On Jun 29, 2012
horny4u: Your wife married her own personal enemy.....
If she were your sister or daughter will you let her go...
Women should look before they leap.....Know something she will secretly resent you for not letting her go and will eventually leave you
Because that which we fear most always comes upon us.

You donot hold her destiny in your hand HUSBAND... if she will cheat it does not take offshore
Why not get a better job yourself so that you can feel like a man instead of career blocking your wife you claim to love.
You want to use your low self esteem to spoil her blessing.....You really need to evaluate o.....all that you have is your soul and you cannot NEVER possess another...
Befriend yourself and encourage her....married women who go for masters abroad nko...there hubbys are dummys abi

You truly are your wife's curse.....she should be mumuing about and not run from you o

You ought to lead but you tied your manly role to your bank account and you are fumbling.

u ar just a dumbass- bet u aint even married, wu wud want to stick to an ediot like you- mtchewwwww

do u even knw d definition of a wife?

1 Like

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 29, 2012
Man, allow her to work and feel the turf. For you, get someone to be cleaning your playhead when it is dirty during the 21 day absence.There is nothing new under sunlight. Abeg, leave those holier than thou attitude of some nairalanders esp those that have commented so far.In addition, is it possible to view this so-called 'hot' object, I mean it will suffice for appraisal and then qualify for further advise in this matter. Because what might be considered hot might not pass for average in the eyes of most men.

In short, any man who is married and not guilty of either eyeing, seduxing, imagine courting /knacking another woman is not being sincere and not qualified to appreciate this man's challenges vice versa, this are my two rupees.
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by snthesis(m): 3:46pm On Jun 29, 2012
Mandelaguy: If your wife truly has the fear of God,she will never ever have cause to cheat on you or even nurse sexual fantasies. Some points count in her favour 1. She loves you in your poor state,even though her beauty could have given her a better bargain 2. She tabled it before you to make the decision( respect and submissiveness) 3. She is still waiting for your decison( patience). If you really need the money,listen to domack99 and boboyekini,let her accept,go for he trainings and share her feelings about the job. If you guys see the disadvantage to be more than the advantage,then she can flee from that territory. Ask for divine guidance together.
correction - i aint poor angry angry angry angry
i am a partaker of God's Riches cheesy

1 Like

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Piyke: 3:48pm On Jun 29, 2012
To be honest, I think a regular job in which a woman spends only one week at home is not very good. A woman builds a home! I can't imagine what my family would be like with my wife gone for 3weeks every month.

Also, this means they would only have 1 week of time together, exposing both to more temptations. That said, it also boils down to the sexual tendencies of your wife and you. Some posters are lambasting the OP that he's shrewd for not allowing his wife go. I think such comments are unfair because trust is built based on experience, it could also mean insecurity on the part of the poster. I believe a very principled woman would survive anywhere, again OP you are the one to decide this.

Money is not everything in life and some people who compromised family for the sake of money often regret later. From the posts I've read so far, people with experience on oil rigs are kicking against this while majority encouraging this have no experience of onshore-offshore life. @OP follow your heart. You should follow the decision your heart is settled with after you and your wife pray about this.

2 Likes

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by VIPICO(m): 3:49pm On Jun 29, 2012
My Brother,
I work offshore and I'm going to give you a very candid advice. DO NOT LET YOUR WIFE TAKE UP THAT JOB ELSE YOU WILL LOSE HER. Short and simple. Bookmark my post in case you still want to let her go.

1 Like

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 29, 2012
"From the posts I've read so far, people with experience on oil rigs are kicking against this while majority encouraging this have no experience of onshore-offshore life. "

This is an irresponsible statement from a highly educated fellow like me. How can you contemplate that the pros-posters here do not have any inkling in on-shore-offshore life! What an insult?
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Piyke: 3:55pm On Jun 29, 2012
Let me also add that money ain't everything. I once turned down a job that was to pay double of what i was earning on my initial job. I did that because of family and other things.
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by GboyegaD(m): 3:55pm On Jun 29, 2012
I would suggest you let your opinion of her strongwill be your guide. If you have never heard cause to doubt her loyalty and she is strongwilled enough and resolute in her decision making, then, let her go and vice versa. However, you may have to call her most of the time so that she would always be rest assured of your trust and love for her. Besides, she could take the job for just few months and then try to get some other jobs. With this, she can get some reasonable pay because she is already earning well and other places would have to put that into consideration and her reason for wanting to change job would be because her new job is not tasking enough for her.
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 29, 2012
Imagine the lies from this guy
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by Piyke: 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2012
Keneking: "From the posts I've read so far, people with experience on oil rigs are kicking against this while majority encouraging this have no experience of onshore-offshore life. "

This is an irresponsible statement from a highly educated fellow like me. How can you contemplate that the pros-posters here do not have any inkling in on-shore-offshore life! What an insult?

I said majority, not all I believe you know what this means
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by 27naira(m): 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2012
Niqqa.. when the cold wind of the sea blows, and the orange sun descends into the ocean blue... truss me, nothing is as romantic as watching the gas flare lit up the cold night and the beautiful silhouette of a pretty lady falters with the dancing flame... i don't know what "i" will do oh lipsrsealed
Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by dasparrow: 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2012
snthesis: Hi everyone.
i need some serious advice urgently, my wife is a nurse she just got an offer for a new job, the salary for one month is enough to pay our houserent for the year. I am also working, but money from her side would improve our lifestyles- dats why i encouraged her not to resign.
the problem is my wife is super hot and i rushed into marrying cos i didnt want anyone to have her- i guard her seriously, but this new job is giving me nightmares -couldnt sleep throughout the night. she's still waiting for my approval, should i let her go or not?

p.s
she got a job to work as a nurse on an offshore platform- 3weeks on, one week off. and i've heard so much about those Hot engineers(and they also have lots of money to splash around), imagine my sweet angel alone with all those men. sad sad sad sad

The perils of marrying a Nigerian bred male undecided

If you don't trust your wife, why on earth did you marry her? correct me if I am wrong but should'nt the foundation of marraige be based on TRUST? And then you wonder why the rate of divorce continues to climb in Nigeria. It seems like many of you just rush into marraige not knowing what the institution is really all about. If you cannot trust your spouse, don't get married. Shikena! A woman who wants to cheat on you will cheat even if you have her under surveillance cameras 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You better allow your wife to take that job bros or you will regret it later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by sdbaba: 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2012
My guy.... DO NOT ALLOW YOUR WIFE TAKE UP THAT JOB.

I work offshore and knows what goes on there... you struggle hard to get a better job so you can well take care of her. I repeat DO NOT ALLOW HER TAKE UP THAT JOB OTHERWISE YOU KISS HER GOODBYE!!!

The truth is that the temptations will be too much for her to resist and it will invariably destroy your home... no matter the level of love you guys share right now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should We Really Ignore Dysfunctional Families? / Which Bank Is The Best To Open A Kiddies Account? / Do You Like Your Full Name Why Do Nigerians Have So Many Wierd Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.