Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,615 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity (4801 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / 136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by joe4christ(m): 8:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
gbadexy: I've been doing some thinking and weighing options. I would keep asking questions till I am satisfied. I will ask about both books.
According to New testament, every God fearing and righteous person is called Son of God; Matthew 5:45 , that ye may be children of your Father in heaven.
Jesus made several reference to God as our Father in heaven
Matthew 5:48 , 6:1 ,7:21
Jesus also prayed, and prayer is from a submitting and dependent one for the Mercy of almighty.
Jesus even went as far as saying ; Not everyone that sayeth unto me Lord shall enter into the Kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the WILL of my Father which is in heaven. So it seems to me that Salvation in Biblical terms depends on pleasing God compared to automatic passage into the Kingdom by simply accepting Jesus.
Muslims strive to please God always and believe Jesus is God's messenger of good news to his people. And here is a confirmation.
Matthew 15:22-28
And behold, a woman of Cannan came out of the same coasts and cried unto him saying 'Have mercy on me O Lord, thou son of David: my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a wrd. And his disciples came and besought him saying 'Send her away! For she crieth after us'. But he answered and said, ' I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house. Of Isreal'!
Then came she and worshiped him,saying 'Lord help me' But he ansswered and said ' It is not meet to take the children's bread and cast it to dogs'! And she said ' Truth Lord : Yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters table'
Then Jesus answered and said unto her, 'O woman, great is thy faith;be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that hour.
If the incident was reported correctly, It shows Jesus lacked love and mercy, degraded discrimination in regard to the uplifting of his tribe and not for the others, tribal pride of descendance and prejudice against others and calling them dogs, engaging in a debate with an ignorant polytheist woman and she won him over.
Even the Prophet Isa (Jesus) in the Quran is far above this traits.
These claims above shows a human being, although powerful with God's spirit, sent as a messenger to his people just as other prophets have been sent to their people.
Mr tidytim, please help me post your Quran description of Heaven here, it makes sense, let my muslim brothers explain and enlighten us more.
I have always had concern about the correct interpretation and compilation of the holy books in general, since I want a superior conviction from the enlightened christians, I will limit the questions to the Bible, I will open another thread for my Quranic questions.
Ephesians 2.8

8 God saved you by his grace when you believed. And
you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.
9 Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have
done, so none of us can boast about it.
Roman 6:1
1 Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God
can show us more and more of his wonderful grace? 2 Of
course not! Since we have died to sin, how can we
continue to live in it?
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Bella3(f): 1:51pm On Jul 27, 2012
@op did u ever hear Jesus say he is God? Did u see trinity in ur bible? Did Jesus nt worship the Father? How then can he be God?
As Christains, we are to live by Christ, hence, worship the father. JESUS said believe in me, worship the father, and ask in my name. He neva said 'worship me.
Christains believe in trinity becos it helps their faith (thats strange to you nd me). Bt that is nt what Jesus preached. Believe in Jesus and practise wat he preaches, nt wat christains of today preach. The early christains whose books are in the bible, neva refered to Jesus as God. Trinity is a pagan practise nt found in the bible.
Jesus is our master as christains, as God is his master which automaticaly makes us his subjects. However, this doesnt mean we should serve Jesus, bt his Father as he told us to. We only ask for things throug him. He is our link to the Father, this doesnt make him the Father. May God grant u understanding. AMEN.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by gbadexy(m): 10:06pm On Jul 27, 2012
Thank you.
Your response is the most impressive post by any christians and can be related with
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Bella3(f): 10:28pm On Jul 27, 2012
gbadexy: Thank you.
Your response is the most impressive post by any christians and can be related with
you r welcome.
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Bella3(f): 10:29pm On Jul 27, 2012
gbadexy: Thank you.
you are welcome.
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by joe4christ(m): 10:08am On Jul 28, 2012
Bélla3: @op did u ever hear Jesus say he is God? Did u see trinity in ur bible? Did Jesus nt worship the Father? How then can he be God?
As Christains, we are to live by Christ, hence, worship the father. JESUS said believe in me, worship the father, and ask in my name. He neva said 'worship me.
Christains believe in trinity becos it helps their faith (thats strange to you nd me). Bt that is nt what Jesus preached. Believe in Jesus and practise wat he preaches, nt wat christains of today preach. The early christains whose books are in the bible, neva refered to Jesus as God. Trinity is a pagan practise nt found in the bible.
Jesus is our master as christains, as God is his master which automaticaly makes us his subjects. However, this doesnt mean we should serve Jesus, bt his Father as he told us to. We only ask for things throug him. He is our link to the Father, this doesnt make him the Father. May God grant u understanding. AMEN.

I would'nt be condemned by heaven for calling you an ignoramus fool, cos that is exactly what you are, you sincerely dont know God, neither do you have a personal relationship with him, if u do you would'nt have made the above statement, do u think we serve a God that is dead? My God is alive and he still speaks and relates with his own and his own hear his voice, the voice of a stranger they will not listen to, if only you are his or matured enough you would have heard from him and he would have revealed deeper things of God's kingdom to you so u dont spew that rubish from that mouth of yours.
I can give you a thousand and one scriptures that proclaimed Jesus as lord and God, and if only you understand the contex and meaning of the phrase Lord that was used in reference to Jesus it's same as that used in old tastement in reference to yahwey.
But i'm only gonna leave you with just one scripture to punder on

[size=15pt] John 1:1 - 1 In the beginning the Word already existed.
The Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
2 He existed in the beginning with God.
3 God created everything through him,
and nothing was created except through him.
4 The Word gave life to everything that was created, a
and his life brought light to everyone.
5 The light shines in the darkness,
and the darkness can never extinguish it.

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
1Timothy 3:16 - And without controversy great is the
mystery of godliness: God was manifest in
the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of
angels, preached unto the Gentiles,
believed on in the world, received up into
glory.

John 10:30-31
I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones
again to stone him.

John 10:38-39
The Father is in me, and I in him. Therefore they sought
again to take him

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and
my God.

Colossians 2:9
For in him [Jesus] dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead
bodily.

1 Timothy 3:16
God was made manifest in the flesh.

Titus 2:13
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious
appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

I can go on and on and on but i am gonna leave you with this few to punder upon.
God help you![/size]
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Bella3(f): 11:28am On Jul 28, 2012
joe4christ:

I would'nt be condemned by heaven for calling you an ignoramus fool, cos that is exactly what you are, you sincerely dont know God, neither do you have a personal relationship with him, if u do you would'nt have made the above statement, do u think we serve a God that is dead? My God is alive and he still speaks and relates with his own and his own hear his voice, the voice of a stranger they will not listen to, if only you are his or matured enough you would have heard from him and he would have revealed deeper things of God's kingdom to you so u dont spew that rubish from that mouth of yours.
I can give you a thousand and one scriptures that proclaimed Jesus as lord and God, and if only you understand the contex and meaning of the phrase Lord that was used in reference to Jesus it's same as that used in old tastement in reference to yahwey.
But i'm only gonna leave you with just one scripture to punder on

[size=15pt] John 1:1 - 1 In the beginning the Word already existed.
The Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
2 He existed in the beginning with God.
3 God created everything through him,
and nothing was created except through him.
4 The Word gave life to everything that was created, a
and his life brought light to everyone.
5 The light shines in the darkness,
and the darkness can never extinguish it.

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
1Timothy 3:16 - And without controversy great is the
mystery of godliness: God was manifest in
the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of
angels, preached unto the Gentiles,
believed on in the world, received up into
glory.

John 10:30-31
I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones
again to stone him.

John 10:38-39
The Father is in me, and I in him. Therefore they sought
again to take him

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and
my God.

Colossians 2:9
For in him [Jesus] dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead
bodily.

1 Timothy 3:16
God was made manifest in the flesh.

Titus 2:13
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious
appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

I can go on and on and on but i am gonna leave you with this few to punder upon.
God help you![/size]
i can believe Jesus is God, bt wat about the Holy spirit? TRINITY is a pagan practice!!!
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Sweetnecta: 11:56am On Jul 28, 2012
if Jesus was God, only John it becuase Mark, Luke and Matthew didn't say as much as John did.
If the evidence was there, it will be known to all, not just John, a lone descent.

See when it comes to truth, the 4 mentioned them; There is God. There were Zacharia, his wife, John, Mary and Jesus. That's reality.
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2012
gbadexy: I'm a regular reasonable and objective guy.
I was born into Islam and I've been indoctrinated into it as most christians too were born into christianity.
the above statement is a generalization and wrong from the onset. Every person is considered a sinner/separated from the life of God. And a Christian is one BORN-AGAIN by the Spirit into a New Creature. So anyone that tells you s/he is a christian by birth is just plain deceiving h/im/erself
Like most people in the world, we just want to worship our creator, simple. Most religions preach dogma where you don't question but just accept on faith so most people remain in the religion they were born into.
I would suggest you personally be born again, then taste and say to yourself first that the Lord is good

Thank you.
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by joe4christ(m): 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2012
Sweetnecta: if Jesus was God, only John it becuase Mark, Luke and Matthew didn't say as much as John did.
If the evidence was there, it will be known to all, not just John, a lone descent.

See when it comes to truth, the 4 mentioned them; There is God. There were Zacharia, his wife, John, Mary and Jesus. That's reality.

Now listen to what prophet isaiah of the old testament has to say about Jesus prior to his birth about thousands of years BC - Isaiah 9:6 King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son
is given: and the government shall be
upon his shoulder: and his name shall be
called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty
God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of
Peace. -- Does this ring a bell

Do you believe prophet isaiah prophecied the birth, live, death and assention of christ thousands of years before he was even born?
Go to the book of isaiah and do research for yourself...
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by joe4christ(m): 10:26pm On Jul 28, 2012
Bélla3: i can believe Jesus is God, bt wat about the Holy spirit? TRINITY is a pagan practice!!!

Philippians 2: 5 You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus
had.
6 Though he was God, a
he did not think of equality with God
as something to cling to.
7 Instead, he gave up his divine privileges b ;
he took the humble position of a slave c
and was born as a human being.
When he appeared in human form, d
8 he humbled himself in obedience to God
and died a criminal’s death on a cross.
9 Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest
honor
and gave him the name above all other names,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed
Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He
went about doing good, and healing all who were
oppressed by the devil; for God was with Him." ( Acts
10:38)
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Bella3(f): 10:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
^
hw does that prove holy spirit is God? He was annoited with Holy spirit and power' does dat mean power is God too? TRINITY is a pagan practice!
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by joe4christ(m): 6:17pm On Jul 29, 2012
Here are some attributes of the Holy Spirit, take time to read it and get informed, it's a bit lengthy but just do yourself the favour of learning of the holyspirit.

[size=15pt]And I will pray the Father, and he shall
give you another Comforter, that He
may abide with you for ever; He is the
Spirit of truth. The world cannot receive
Him, because it does not see Him,
neither do they know Him: but you
know him; for he dwells with you, and
shall be in you. (John 14:16-17)
What a wonderful gift Jesus gave to us:
the gift of the Holy Spirit. In some places
He is referred to as the Holy Ghost, but
they are both the same word in the
original language. The Holy Spirit is the
third part of the Godhead, the third
portion of the Divine Trinity of Father,
Son, and Holy Ghost. He is the Comforter
sent by Jesus, after He ascended back
into heaven. He is given to all who have
received Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
There are seven things that we need to
understand about the Holy Spirit. We
know that, in the Bible, seven is the
number of completion, or perfection,
and these seven different attributes of
the Holy Spirit are indeed perfect and
complete. We can depend on these
wonderful attributes of the Holy Spirit,
all the time, in every circumstance.
1. The Holy Spirit is a loving Comforter.
When we face trials and tribulations in
life, whose words are more important in
comforting our hearts: someone who
doesn't know us and love us, or
someone who knows every single thing
about us, and loves us anyway. The
Holy Spirit has loved us since before the
creation of the world. He has loved us
well. He has loved us forever, and He
will love us for all eternity. Only He is
able to truly comfort our hearts, because
no one loves us as He does.
And hope makes us unashamed;
because the love of God is shed abroad
in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is
given unto us. (Romans 5:5)
2. He is a faithful Comforter. People,
even those who love us, can sometimes
fail us. They are sometimes unfaithful.
And it hurts us - an unfaithful friend is
sharper than a serpent's tooth, more
bitter than gall. We despair when
someone who loves us in prosperity
forsakes us in the time of trouble, yet
God's Holy Spirit would never do that.
He loves us even to the end, for He
alone is faithful. Sin cannot separate us
from His love; no, indeed, He loved us
while we were still dead in our sins. He
loved us knowing what the sum total of
our wickedness would be. All of our
goodness could never make Him love us
more, and all of our sin can never make
Him love us any less. We can fully trust
in Him, for He is ever faithful. He will
never leave us, but will be with us until
the end, and beyond.
Now the God of hope fill you with all
joy and peace in believing, that you
may abound in hope, through the
power of the Holy Ghost.
(Romans 15:13)
3. He is an untiring Comforter.
Sometimes when we try to comfort
persons in their affliction or tribulation,
we find it is beyond us, and we grow
weary and quit. There are some people
who cannot or will not be comforted,
infact, the more we try to comfort them,
the worse they get. Often then, we lose
heart, leaving them alone and feeling
sorry for themselves. The Holy Spirit
never loses heart, however, pursuing
even those who believe they are
beyond comforting. He is never
wearied, not by our sins, not by our
murmurings and complainings, not
even by our stubborn refusal to accept
the comfort He freely offers.
But the Comforter, which is the Holy
Ghost, whom the Father will send in my
name, He shall teach you all things, and
bring all things to your remembrance,
whatsoever I have said unto you.
(John 14:26)
4. He is a wise Comforter. We are often
surrounded by people who think they
are wise, and yet they are not able to
look into the heart and uncover the
root of our disease. Like Job's friends,
people give us wrong advice, just like a
doctor can dispense wrong medicine.
Sometimes. Like wrong medicine, it may
not hurt us, even though it doesn't cure
our disease. Other times it may be
harmful, or even deadly. It is very easy
for us to mistake the disease, whether
our own or someone else's. To correctly
diagnose a spiritual disease requires
perfect wisdom. Thus the Holy Spirit in
wisdom lays out the soul on the
operating table of God's love and
dissects it in only a moment. He finds
the root of the matter, what is causing
the disease. He not only finds the
problem, but cures it. He cuts away
whatever hidden sins that may be
causing the problem, and at the same
time, bandages hidden wounds that
also afflict us. Thus our wise Comforter
offers healing for all of our diseases,
making us perfect and acceptable in the
eyes of God.
But God hath revealed them unto us by
his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all
things, yea, the deep things of God. (1
Cor. 2:10)
5. He is a safe Comforter. Very often
friends and family offer unsafe advice
when we are in the midst of trials and
tribulations. Any advice that follows the
knowledge of this world is unsafe
advice. Remember that Satan himself
sometimes comes as a false comforter,
assuring us that all is well when it is not,
and casting doubt on the word of God.
Remember, Cleopatra's asp was brought
in amidst a basket of flowers, and
ruination often lurks in fair and sweet
speeches. But the comfort of the Holy
Spirit is safe; you may rest in it, and
trust it. Let Him speak the word, and
give you the cup of consolation, which
you may drink to the bottom for there
are no bitter dregs, and nothing in it to
intoxicate or bring ruin. The Holy Spirit
knows the heart of God and the will of
God, and his comfort will never go
contrary to those, so we can safely trust
in it.
Now we have received, not the spirit of
the world, but the spirit which is of God;
that we might know the things that are
freely given to us of God. Which things
also we speak, not in the words which
man's wisdom teaches, but which the
Holy Ghost teaches; comparing spiritual
things with spiritual. (1 Cor. 2:13)
6. He is an active Comforter. He does not
comfort merely by words, but by deeds.
He intercedes for us, reminding us of
God's great promises and His grace. He
will never leave us or forsake us, but
instead actively leads and guides us to
the perfect will of the Father.
Likewise the Spirit also helps our
infirmities: for we do not know what
we should pray for as we ought: but the
Spirit itself makes intercession for us
with groanings which cannot be
uttered. And He that searches the hearts
knows the mind of the Spirit, because
He makes intercession for the saints
according to the will of God.
(Romans 8:26-27)
7. He is an ever present Comforter. We
never have to send for Him, for He is
always right there with us. He will never
leave us alone, nor forsake us. We can
reach out to Him in our distress,
whenever we need comfort, and know
that He is there.
And I will pray the Father, and he shall
give you another Comforter, that He
may abide with you for ever. (John
14:16)[/size]
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by joe4christ(m): 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2012
Bélla3: i can believe Jesus is God, bt wat about the Holy spirit? [size=15pt] TRINITY is a pagan practice!!![/size]

What Are u kidding me cheesy Are u telling me you haven'nt come across these scriptures? - Colossians 2:9 For in Christ all the fullness of the [size=15pt]Deity
[/size] (Godhead)
lives in bodily form - Does that ring a bell to u?

Now check this out: Colossians 1:19 For God was pleased to have all his [size=15pt]fullness[/size]
dwell in him - have u ever wondered what the fullness of God is all about?

Now the killing verse: Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all
nations, baptizing them in the name of
the[size=15pt] Father [/size]and of the [size=15pt]Son[/size] and of the[size=15pt] Holy Spirit[/size]
- Do you bother to know what that name was?

Need i give you one more possibly last dosage

Now take this: Luke 3:21 When all the people were being baptized, [size=15pt]Jesus[/size]
was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was
opened 22 and the [size=15pt]Holy Spirit[/size] descended on him in bodily
form like a dove. [size=15pt] And a voice came from heaven:[/size] (God The Father Speaking as confirmed by 2peter 1:17 ) “You are
my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.” - Do you not see the connection of the Godhead manifesting collectively in Luke 3:21

Let me just leave you with this few else you get overdosed and which would eventually lead to the level of great confusion.

Peace - Joe4christ!!!
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 5:46am On Jan 13, 2013
Allah and Yahweh butthurt...
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 6:13am On Jan 13, 2013
musKeeto: Allah and Yahweh butthurt...

I suppose muskeeto has nothing else to do but bump up old threads? grin
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 6:20am On Jan 13, 2013
davidylan:

I suppose muskeeto has nothing else to do but bump up old threads? grin
David, david, you know I love you...
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 18, 2013
Nothing good comes from argument of any sort and in that we must see past arguments and begin to realize what the words of God truly is. Be it the Torah, the Koran or the Bible, one thing remains constant in all these books and that is the willingness of our God head to ensure we live amicably amongst ourselves and in peace as well with him always.

I do not care where you are or what religion you believe in but in your book, what does it say about love and what does your heard remind you as well about hurting others? I am a Christian and i am not perfect but can come openly and willingly before the Father in the perfection of Jesus Christ cause that is why he laid his life for me. I can pray in the name if Jesus cause he has allowed me a priestly nature that opens a path to our Creator, the God of the Heavens and The Earth.

Then in living life here on earth, we are born anew into a new life with Jesus Christ as our head and we as the various members of the body. If a part of the body does not function perfectly, don't you think it would affect the whole? Jesus is crucified over and over again in pain and turmoil by the nature of these absurd arguments that comes from the logical minds and if your minds remain too mature for God to reveal his ways to you, how can you even understand the simple development of a new born into a fully grown man/woman?

It is accounted that we must die only once and after that comes judgement, how can you believe this when you cannot even surrender to the fact that God is God and we are created in his image? In the eye of a child can we truly see the nature of the first man who truly fell cause of a simple choice of misunderstanding but Christ has come so that such choices as we make very frequent these days would not deny us God's presence with grace but rather he is our strength when we are weak, our health when we fall sick, our wholeness when we truly are empty.

Stop wondering about God and start believing him, it takes two to tango and when you want to tango with your father in heaven, you must trust him with everything that he has made available around you. Focus on his heart, his nature and you would understand that what the books listed above did not reveal to you, his Holy spirit that lives in each of us would reveal more to you and that is more embedding than the list of rules stated in any book ever written.

God is a perfect God and any who must come to him, must come to him in truth, and perfection in which no man but one could attain and that who has attained has allowed us the avenue to use his name to come to the father whenever we must and if you do understand this simple principle, you are a Christian by understanding, in application and seeing results, that is how your faith is built and finally when you begin to share your testimonies, you are a full disciple not ordained by anyone but by the spirit that reigns within you and walks alongside the wisdom of the Lord.

Seek God always and he will make your days filled with abundance that no one can compare to his greatness within you but for those who would understand the mystery of the Father, the Son and the Holy spirit. Stay blessed brethren and God speed.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by oaroloye(m): 5:29pm On Jun 05, 2017
gbadexy:
I'm a regular reasonable and objective guy.
I was born into Islam and I've been indoctrinated into it as most christians too were born into christianity.

NO ONE has EVER been "BORN INTO CHRISTIANITY."

REAL Christianity means FOLLOWING THE TEACHINGS of YAHSHUA.

Which has NEVER happened before.

Like most people in the world, we just want to worship our creator, simple. Most religions preach dogma where you don't question but just accept on faith so most people remain in the religion they were born into.

REALLY?

What constitutes "WORSHIP?"

What do you do as a Muslim? You worship ALLAH, five times per day.

How does that work out for you?

THAT is NOT worship of ANYTHING- because it gets NO RESULTS!

Is that what you think that CHRISTIANITY is supposed to be?

All the Churches whose "WORSHIP" also goes unanswered are equally worthless.

But NONE of them is THE GOSPEL Yahshua preached.

Now, I'm just trying to feel around to see if christianity, which is the only other reasonable religion according to me, should be the one to practice in other to fnd God's favour, afterall nobody has come back from heaven to tell us which is acceptable except some questionable and unverified claims.

An intelligent person would read what Lord YAHSHUA himself had to say for himself, rather than what others said THEY THOUGHT people should do- WHICH YOU CAN SEE IS NOT WORKING.

According to islam, Jesus comes from the spirit of God (Isa Nuhu llah) I hope that's the spelling, but that's the pronunciation. And islam corroborates his immaculate conception.

ISLAM corroborates NOTHING.

It is not that I do not believe in "THE VIRGIN BIRTH" of YAHSHUA- there is just no record of YAHSHUA telling us that we had to believe in it.

If he had taught he had been born of a VIRGIN, even ONCE, all of his Disciples would have been ARRESTED and EXECUTED.

There is NO WAY that the Jews would have accepted such a claim.

Now, aren't we all from the spirit of God? And if we assume that Jesus is God's son, would a prince in any kingdom get more praise and recognition than the king? I have heard outright proclamation that Jesus is God and I hear his praise and worship more.

That happens all the time, in any Kingdom- when the PRINCE is active and about, while the KING is a recluse, who just "floats" commands from time-to-time. Don't you know PRINCE CHARLES?

Do you know his FATHER?

Also, if I agree that God almighty has a son , making them two, what is the holy spirit? Doesn't God's spirit exist in Him and Jesus already? Does both God and jesus spirit have to be lumped together in another entity making them three different entity? I know Jesus is an independent entity with independent thought but with unquestionable devotion to God, so would the same Holy spirit dwell in two different entity? If they are the same, why would the Almighty split Himself in two and have His lesser part act as intercessor.

Show where LORD YAHSHUA asked people to crack their brains on such nonsense?

The Gospel is VERY SIMPLE.

Finally, Adam was just a vessel that God breathe into to animate him, is God's breath different from His spirit, and if Eve had no mother, whose spirit is in her and what would that make her?

Who gives a shit?

What are ADAM and EVE going to do for me?

It is YAHSHUA who is The SAVIOUR.

I don't need to bother my head with all that useless speculation!

If we needed to, Lord Yahshua would have TOLD us.

. JOHN 14:21-27.

21. "He that hath my Commandments,
and keepeth them,
he it is that loveth me:
and he that loveth me
shall be loved of my Father,
and I will love him,
and will manifest myself to him."
22. Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot,
"Lord, how is it that thou
wilt manifest thyself unto us,
and not unto the World?"
23. Jesus answered and said unto him,
"If a man love me,
he will keep my Words:
and my Father will love him,
and we will come unto him,
and make our abode with him.
24. "He that loveth me not
keepeth not my Sayings:
and The Word which ye hear is not mine,
but The Father's which sent me.
25. "These things have I spoken unto you,
being yet present with you.
26. "But the Comforter,
Which is The Holy Ghost,
Whom the Father will send in my Name,
He shall Teach you All Things,
and bring All Things to your remembrance,
whatsoever I have said unto you.
27. "Peace I leave with you,
my Peace I give unto you:
not as the World giveth,
give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid."

I need intelligent answers and superior argument to enlighten and convince me.

NO.

. MARK 1:14-15,

14. Now after that John
was put in prison,
Jesus came into Galilee,
preaching The Gospel
of The Kingdom of God,
15. And saying,

"The time is fulfilled,
and The Kingdom of God is at hand:
repent ye,
and believe The Gospel."

YOU NEED TO REPENT OF YOUR SINS.

If you do not Repent, there is NO HOPE for you!

I don't want quotes from the Bible as answers, any verse or quote can be twisted by anybody to give a million different interpretation and meaning. I expect logical answers.
Thank you.

That is STUPIDITY itself!

How DARE you talk about "INTELLIGENCE!"

. PROVERBS 1:1-7.

7.THE Proverbs of Solomon
the son of David,
king of Israel;
2. To Know Wisdom and Instruction;
to perceive the Words of Understanding;
3. To receive the Instruction of Wisdom,
Justice, and Judgment, and Equity;
4. To give subtilty to the Simple,
to the Young Man Knowledge and Discretion.
5. A Wise man will hear,
and will increase learning;
and a Man of Understanding
shall attain unto Wise Counsels:
6. To understand a Proverb,
and the Interpretation;
the Words of The Wise,
and their Dark Sayings.
7. The Fear of The LORD
is The Beginning of Knowledge:
but Fools despise Wisdom and Instruction.

IF YOU DON'T FEAR YAHWEH GOD, you DON'T have ANY wherewithal to LEARN anything!

You have SINNED, that is why you cannot SEE.

Yet you want to tell us what is intelligent, and what is not?

. JOB 28:28.

28. "And unto Man He Said,

'BEHOLD, THE FEAR OF THE LORD,
THAT (IS) WISDOM;
AND TO DEPART FROM EVIL
(IS) UNDERSTANDING.' "

. DANIEL 12:10.

10. "Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried;
but the Wicked shall do wickedly:
and none of the wicked shall understand;
but the Wise shall understand."

THE ONLY THING STOPPING YOU FROM UNDERSTANDING IS YOUR OWN EVIL.

THE SPIRIT OF GOD will give you all the answers you need, but you have to relinquish your hold on EVIL.
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by gbadexy(m): 8:29pm On Jun 05, 2017
^ sorry bro. no time for unproductive and irrelevant rant. I don't have the time to spare reading this epistle.
I'm strongly rooted in islam and I didn't remember this thread even exists.
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by harbjar(m): 11:31am On Jun 03, 2018
gbadexy:
I'm a regular reasonable and objective guy.
Now, I'm just trying to feel around to see if christianity, which is the only other reasonable religion according to me, should be the one to practice in other to fnd God's favour, afterall nobody has come back from heaven to tell us which is acceptable except some questionable and unverified claims.
According to islam, Jesus comes from the spirit of God (Isa Nuhu llah) I hope that's the spelling, but that's the pronunciation. And islam corroborates his immaculate conception.
Now, aren't we all from the spirit of God? And if we assume that Jesus is God's son, would a prince in any kingdom get more praise and recognition than the king? I have heard outright proclamation that Jesus is God and I hear his praise and worship more.
Also, if I agree that God almighty has a son , making them two, what is the holy spirit? Doesn't God's spirit exist in Him and Jesus already? Does both God and jesus spirit have to be lumped together in another entity making them three different entity? I know Jesus is an independent entity with independent thought but with unquestionable devotion to God, so would the same Holy spirit dwell in two different entity? If they are the same, why would the Almighty split Himself in two and have His lesser part act as intercessor.
Finally, Adam was just a vessel that God breathe into to animate him, is God's breath different from His spirit, and if Eve had no mother, whose spirit is in her and what would that make her?
I need intelligent answers and superior argument to enlighten and convince me.
I don't want quotes from the Bible as answers, any verse or quote can be twisted by anybody to give a million different interpretation and meaning. I expect logical answers.
Thank you.
its obvious you haven't studied your islam well enough...
Quran Says
[3:59] The example of Jesus, as far as GOD is concerned, is the same as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him, "Be" so he becomes.
they both were created with the word of Allah...
I'd adviced you to study islam well and xtainity.... Watch videos of ahm3d deedat on YouTube
May Allah grant you understanding anf saVe you fRom misguidance
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Primesky(m): 1:09pm On Jun 03, 2018
You don't need no further arguments to be convinced, you need faith. Jesus Christ gave you all the evidence you can ask for since He gave His life for you on the cross. That's enough evidence.
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by gbadexy(m): 1:27pm On Jun 03, 2018
Thanks all for your time. I don't do religious debates anymore.
I'm firmly rooted in my faith and I respect other's religious belief.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by sonmvayina(m): 1:59pm On Jun 03, 2018
joe4christ:

You know all this and you're still asking questions? I've told you before, you can never find the true God by logic, nature itself only testifies of his supremacy and existing wonders, but i must tell you that those that must come to this God must come to him by faith cos without faith no man can please him.
Goodluck on your findings, but i can assure you that trying to find God logically would only get you more confused.

There is no such thing like the true God, because there is only 1.. It is the name that people have chosen to call it that is different.. You dont expect me an igbo man to refer to God with a yoruba word... Or a Swedish word.. What we call Chukwu is what yoruba call Olorun or Eledumare is what Bini calls Osanobua is what the jews/babylonian calls Marduk... Etc.
The stories might also be different but the messages in all of them are the same... The jews might decide to use Adam, Even, Abraham.. Etc and the Bini use Ogun, Esu, Olomila etc, the message is that we are divine beings having a human experience... Comprende?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Benefits Of Paying Your Tithes And Offerings. / Lies Told By 'Jesus' / Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.