Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace (23246 Views)

Aregbesola Visits Ooni Ogunwusi, Squats In His Palace. See Photos / Emir Of Ibi Gave Melaye Fish At His Palace (Photos) / Who Is More Relaxed Here (GMB Or GEJ) In The Meeting With John Kerry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by tpia5: 3:59am On Jul 02, 2012
Beaf: my mama my mama! Winsh pass winsh! grin
You be astronaut or pilot?

All hail Osonga Airways! grin grin grin
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by iykak47: 4:15am On Jul 02, 2012
If the well respected and feared former Sultan of sokoto Ibrahim Dasuki could be deposed by Abacha, it means juju or no juju powwer get level. lipsrsealed
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Musiwa2: 4:34am On Jul 02, 2012
F
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Beaf: 4:43am On Jul 02, 2012
Musiwa2: first of all the president of nigeria has no power to deposed any king. If that one happen Jonathan goodluck will no more be president. i boost that one.. my brother..

the agreement we had does not give goodluck power to deposed anybody.

Really?
Who pays the person that pays those kings?
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by OneNaira6: 4:51am On Jul 02, 2012
PhysicsQED: Where is that loser pro01?

I just looked at your profile. Dude you're an ugly motherfvcker. You look like a fvcking turtle with shades on. No wonder you're so angry.grin grin Life dealt with your face so now you come online to lash out at others over things you know nothing about.

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Na this is from Physics. I've seen it all. Pesin wan vex physics this much na wa oo!!! pro001 you've done the impossible.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Musiwa2: 5:23am On Jul 02, 2012
C
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Beaf: 5:33am On Jul 02, 2012
Musiwa2: you think jonathan pays the oba of benin.. no. he does not. king have power to collect law tax in nigeria. it means you have no house in nigeria and they own the land and sell the land to who they want and collect land tax each year.

What? Sell land?! That is for the palace chiefs.
That kind of chicken change is too small for the Oba of Benin. Show respect.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 02, 2012
PhysicsQED:
What's uncivilized about someone, who apart from being a well respected monarch, is also old enough to be GEJ's father, keeping him waiting before meeting him privately?

What a fvcking dumbass. Funny that you think that anyone can "use GEJ to shine" by keeping him waiting. Is GEJ the standard by which clout is measured nowadays? grin

And lol @ thinking the Oba of Benin can be "deposed" by a president. Where do you clowns get this sh1t from?

You are not quite as bright as your user name suggests. What has being "old enough to be his father" got to do with keeping the President and Commander-in-Chief waiting? I thought senility was a problem associated with old age, but you are obviously quite senile even at your tender age. You slimy pretenders in this country (especially a particular ethnic group) always find it convenient to play the age card as justification for misbehaving. I'll have none of that nonsense.

If you have any iota of learning and exposure, you would know that it is against all norms of protocol and civility for anyone - be he older than the biblical Methuselah - to keep the president waiting. No matter how one hates GEJ's person, you must recognise that by virtue of his position, he is the custodian of Nigeria's sovereignty and so must necessarily enjoy certain courtesies and privileges. Age has NOTHING to do with anything in that regard. I bet you're too brain-damaged by your ill-advised foray into physics to understand these notions.

As for the president being able to depose the Oba of Benin, common, don't be so silly. We know the law vests that power in the governor (although I'm sure you didn't know that). But we also know that, in a Third World 'democracy like Nigeria, the president can intimidate and arm-twist the governor to do what he says. . .lest he gets impeached by extra-legal means. We know how good Obasanjo was in using such strong-arm tactics to achieve his purposes (ask Dariye, Alamieyeseigha, Fayose, etc.). Again I say, GEJ is too modest for my liking. The Oba of Benin would NOT dare try that nonsense with a President Obasanjo. Everyone knows that.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 02, 2012
PhysicsQED: Where is that loser pro01?

I just looked at your profile. Dude you're an ugly motherfvcker. You look like a fvcking turtle with shades on. No wonder you're so angry.grin grin Life dealt with your face so now you come online to lash out at others over things you know nothing about.

Lol. Your sanity is seriously in doubt. I shouldn't be bragging here about how 'fine' I am - as the few shorties on here who know me would readily testify. But then, I'd prefer to be considered 'ugly' by a f.a.g.g.o.t like you because I'm allergic to g.a.y admiration.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Godmann(m): 8:52am On Jul 02, 2012
pro01:

You are not quite as bright as your user name suggests. What has being "old enough to be his father" got to do with keeping the President and Commander-in-Chief waiting? I thought senility was a problem associated with old age, but you are obviously quite senile even at your tender age. You slimy pretenders in this country (especially a particular ethnic group) always find it convenient to play the age card as justification for misbehaving. I'll have none of that nonsense.

If you have any iota of learning and exposure, you would know that it is against all norms of protocol and civility for anyone - be he older than the biblical Methuselah - to keep the president waiting. No matter how one hates GEJ's person, you must recognise that by virtue of his position, he is the custodian of Nigeria's sovereignty and so must necessarily enjoy certain courtesies and privileges. Age has NOTHING to do with anything in that regard. I bet you're too brain-damaged by your ill-advised foray into physics to understand these notions.

As for the president being able to depose the Oba of Benin, common, don't be so silly. We know the law vests that power in the governor (although I'm sure you didn't know that). But we also know that, in a Third World 'democracy like Nigeria, the president can intimidate and arm-twist the governor to do what he says. . .lest he gets impeached by extra-legal means. We know how good Obasanjo was in using such strong-arm tactics to achieve his purposes (ask Dariye, Alamieyeseigha, Fayose, etc.). Again I say, GEJ is too modest for my liking. The Oba of Benin would NOT dare try that nonsense with a President Obasanjo. Everyone knows that.

You are quoting utra-constitutional actions here as norm. You are in essence, telling us that we are a third world country and will ever remain as such

You know what it means, in your life, you will never aspire or work for change.

For me and my generations, we are ready to grow, progress and become a developed country. It is by getting rid of people like you and all agents of backwardness, irresponsibility and ignorance that we will begin to make this progress.

You are unworthy of our country because you represent and argue that we remain a third world country.

For you information, all the so called developed countries were once backward and irresponsible in the behaviour and thinking; until well bred people took over their leadership and reshaped their country. It did not happen by accident.

When we get rid of people like you, GEJ, PDP, and all the backward ignorant, corrupt and un-knowledgeable politicians and criminal that today control our fatherland; we will build a country that the black-man will be proud of. We can do it and will certainly do it. We can only be delayed by backward negative characters like you.

Let GEJ acts fast and do whatever he wants, Let PDP and all the criminals do whatever they want, let criminal Tinubu and his ACN gangs keep stealing and lying. let the backward elements in the north keep living in the past, let the crude thieves in the East have their day; Our future will soon come.

GEJ has no power to depose any king. It is unconstitutional. He can try the utra-constitutional criminal ways of theirs; soonest, their time will be up.

In my life time it shall come.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by BENZINA(m): 8:56am On Jul 02, 2012
Beaf:

What? Sell land?! That is for the palace chiefs.
That kind of chicken change is too small for the Oba of Benin. Show respect.
Beaf please educate Musiwa2,and remind him of the respect for elders.I don"t want to have issues personally with this "MERDA" called Mumuyoruba.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 02, 2012
GEJ does not act like a president. Why should a president and commander in chief go to campaign for a governorship candidate, just because that candidate represents the evil cult called 'PDP'. What rubbish!

I am not Bini but I have a lot of respect for the Oba of Benin. Not once will you hear that the Oba has gone to visit a governor or president or wait under a canopy to see a president. I remember during my school days in the University of Benin, you need to see the way the Oba is revered and respected. He is a King and sure acts like one.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Godmann(m): 9:17am On Jul 02, 2012
k
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by 1025: 9:19am On Jul 02, 2012
that is what a royal father should be. i respect men like him. exactly what chinue achebe did when he snubbed their fraudulent national awards. the question i keep asking is, why is jonathan fighting with everyone that does not support his ideas? are we no longer in democracy.
kpnathan pls come and declare ur access, we are waiting.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by PhysicsQED(m): 10:13am On Jul 02, 2012
pro01:
Lol. Your sanity is seriously in doubt. I shouldn't be bragging here about how 'fine' I am - as the few shorties on here who know me would readily testify. But then, I'd prefer to be considered 'ugly' by a f.a.g.g.o.t like you because I'm allergic to g.a.y admiration.

Dude, your face is fvcked up. I understand why you're angry though. Every time you look in the mirror, you have to come to terms with what you see.

I bet those "shorties" are just as fvcked up looking as you.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by PhysicsQED(m): 10:32am On Jul 02, 2012
pro01:

I knew this goat would respond and prove his goat ancestry.

For someone who thinks he can assess my brightness apparently you're not bright enough to think about all the crap you've been spewing on this thread and whether it makes sense.

First, the "President and Commander-in-Chief" should be seen as a servant of the people not "the MOST IMPORTANT individual in the land" as you claimed. You already have kings and yet you want to make a public officer that should be humble (in an ideal world) into something more than what he is. He's not someone who is above social norms such as waiting for those who are receiving him to be ready to receive him when he drops in on them. That you're dumb enough to think keeping a visitor that you didn't invite waiting before greeting them is some sort of offense, and to compound that stupidity by suggesting that - if it actually were an offense - it would be something that somebody could or should be sanctioned for or removed from their position for is amazing.

Second, you assumed, like the dumb goat that you are you that someone was "using GEJ to shine" as if GEJ is suddenly the epitome of clout by virtue of winning an election. If anything, politicians try to use traditional rulers to "shine" more than vice versa.

And that you think that someone decades older than a government official can't keep that government official waiting before greeting him when that government official drops in is just your opinion - it's not some standard of social behavior and it's not necessarily the cultural norm for every ethnic group or community everywhere. I don't know what "particular ethnic group" you think are "slimy pretenders", but if that ethnic group's customs and social norms happen to disagree with your opinion that doesn't mean anything since your opinion is only profoundly important to you.

Third, the fact that you referred to "strong-arm tactics" and "extra-legal" means shows that you're a savage, like your master OBJ. Try to understand that actual civilized people are not interested in "extra-legal" means because they respect the law.

Fourth, I don't give a sh1t about what you fools here think would or would not have happened to OBJ based on your over bloated sense of his worth or swagger.

Fifth, no the governor cannot actually depose the Oba of Benin you fvcking dumbass. The fact that you think any outsider can try and depose him shows your daftness. The Oba is technically not above the law (such as those laws relating to actual crimes), but the particulars of his traditional institution are not dictated by the whims of governors. If some political dunce were to declare such a thing, it would have no effect whatsoever on what the position of the Oba actually was. That your goat brain can't comprehend that the declarations of over bloated politicians cannot affect the actual position of the Oba within his own traditional institution and among his own people is mind boggling. And are you actually stupid enough to believe that anyone who currently holds the Oba of Benin as his Oba would stop doing so because some politician claimed "oh yeah, by the way, he was deposed".

Sixth, each state has its own traditional rulers law. There is nothing in the nation's constitution granting a governor the power to remove a monarch. When you can prove that a governor in Edo state even has the legal authority - never mind that the declaration would not be adhered to - as indicated by Edo state's relevant traditional rulers law, to depose the Oba of Benin, maybe I'll take you seriously.

The Traditional Rulers and Chiefs Edict of 1979 of Bendel state is the basis of the laws relating to traditional rulers in the current Edo state and it specifies the protocol for matters relating to traditional rulers. When you can prove that this document implies that a governor can depose the Oba of Benin at will (never mind that such a governor could easily be sued repeatedly and have his plan forestalled and then overturned by the courts), maybe you'll have a point.

You sir, remain a dumbass.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by PhysicsQED(m): 10:55am On Jul 02, 2012
Beaf:

Really?
Who pays the person that pays those kings?

First, the people pay the person that pays those kings, not the president. The president's assets are probably nowhere near enough to pay every traditional ruler in Nigeria.

Second, not every traditional institution's existence or the retention of a particular individual as head of that institution is based on whether money is accruing to that king.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Ufeolorun(m): 11:04am On Jul 02, 2012
cheesycheesy cheesy Kóda!
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 02, 2012
PhysicsQED:

I knew this goat would respond and prove his goat ancestry.

For someone who thinks he can assess my brightness apparently you're not bright enough to think about all the crap you've been spewing on this thread and whether it makes sense.

First, the "President and Commander-in-Chief" should be seen as a servant of the people not "the MOST IMPORTANT individual in the land" as you claimed. You already have kings and yet you want to make a public officer that should be humble (in an ideal world) into something more than what he is. He's not someone who is above social norms such as waiting for those who are receiving him to be ready to receive him when he drops in on them. That you're dumb enough to think keeping a visitor that you didn't invite waiting before greeting them is some sort of offense, and to compound that stupidity by suggesting that - if it actually were an offense - it would be something that somebody could or should be sanctioned for or removed from their position for is amazing.

Second, you assumed, like the dumb goat that you are you that someone was "using GEJ to shine" as if GEJ is suddenly the epitome of clout by virtue of winning an election. If anything, politicians try to use traditional rulers to "shine" more than vice versa.

And that you think that someone decades older than a government official can't keep that government official waiting before greeting him when that government official drops in is just your opinion - it's not some standard of social behavior and it's not necessarily the cultural norm for every ethnic group or community everywhere. I don't know what "particular ethnic group" you think are "slimy pretenders", but if that ethnic group's customs and social norms happen to disagree with your opinion that doesn't mean anything since your opinion is only profoundly important to you.

Third, the fact that you referred to "strong-arm tactics" and "extra-legal" means shows that you're a savage, like your master OBJ. Try to understand that actual civilized people are not interested in "extra-legal" means because they respect the law.

Fourth, I don't give a sh1t about what you fools here think would or would not have happened to OBJ based on your over bloated sense of his worth or swagger.

Fifth, no the governor cannot actually depose the Oba of Benin you fvcking dumbass. The fact that you think any outsider can try and depose him shows your daftness. The Oba is technically not above the law (such as those laws relating to actual crimes), but the particulars of his traditional institution are not dictated by the whims of governors. If some political dunce were to declare such a thing, it would have no effect whatsoever on what the position of the Oba actually was. That your goat brain can't comprehend that the declarations of over bloated politicians cannot affect the actual position of the Oba within his own traditional institution and among his own people is mind boggling. And are you actually stupid enough to believe that anyone who currently holds the Oba of Benin as his Oba would stop doing so because some politician claimed "oh yeah, by the way, he was deposed".

Sixth, each state has its own traditional rulers law. There is nothing in the nation's constitution granting a governor the power to remove a monarch. When you can prove that a governor in Edo state even has the legal authority - never mind that the declaration would not be adhered to - as indicated by Edo state's relevant traditional rulers law, to depose the Oba of Benin, maybe I'll take you seriously.

The Traditional Rulers and Chiefs Edict of 1979 of Bendel state is the basis of the laws relating to traditional rulers in the current Edo state and it specifies the protocol for dealing with traditional rulers. When you can prove that this document implies that a governor can depose the Oba of Benin at will (never mind that such a governor could easily be sued repeatedly and have his plan forestalled and then overturned by the courts), maybe you'll have a point.

You sir, remain a dumbass.

Am I supposed to respond to this heap of exc.rem.e.n.t? Sorry, I can't stand the stench. You're a ho.m.ose.xu.al dimwit; a failed experiment.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by PhysicsQED(m): 11:34am On Jul 02, 2012
pro01:
Am I supposed to respond to this heap of exc.rem.e.n.t? Sorry, I can't be dagged into an argument with a ho.m.ose.xu.al dimwit like you. You're a failed experiment.

What's wrong? No more paragraphs of bullsh1t to spew? grin

I knew a goat like you would scamper away once you were confronted about your nonsense. grin grin

I just expressed my views on your bullsh1t. I don't care to get dragged into a longer argument with a fool like you anyway because it's a waste of time.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Diamondwriter(m): 11:49am On Jul 02, 2012
4 dose guyz sayin dat d oba didnt c Gej,am nt sure u guys watchd d news...GEJ was directd to meet d oba in private.for God sake he's d no1 citizen in nigeria..dnt 4get d oba even received d pdp candidate so y nt d president...tink b4 u talk okay.....mind u,oba first son who wud b d next oba,God's willing,is a confirmed pdp member so if u r d narrow-minded person jux shuuu....
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 02, 2012
PhysicsQED:

What's wrong? No more paragraphs of bullsh1t to spew? grin

I knew a goat like you would scamper away once you were confronted about your nonsense. grin grin

I just expressed my views on your bullsh1t. I don't care to get dragged into a longer argument with a fool like you anyway because it's a waste of time.

I could be murderous when any ho.m.o.s.e.xu.al buffoon hangs around me longer than a second. You're obviously a fa.g.g.o.t, since you go around peeping into male profiles to see whose handsome face you can self-service your small prick over.

Now scamper off, and cover that your leaking a.n.u.s. while at it Filthy fa.g.g.ot.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by PhysicsQED(m): 12:06pm On Jul 02, 2012
pro01:

I could be murderous when any ho.m.o.s.e.xu.al buffoon hangs around me longer than a second. You're obviously a fa.g.g.o.t, since you go around peeping into male profiles to see whose handsome face you can self-service your small prick over.

Now scamper off, and cover that your leaking a.n.u.s. while at it Filthy fa.g.g.ot.

lol @ this salty gremlin.

I clicked on your profile to look at your posts and instead I saw an unexpected horrific sight and I decided to comment on it. Now you're desperately clinging to lame g.a.y jokes because you've been shown to be a fool.

Go back to searching the web looking for ugly, busted up "shorties" to talk to and leave issues requiring a human brain to discuss to actual humans.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Obiagu1(m): 6:52pm On Jul 02, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Dude, your face is fvcked up. I understand why you're angry though. Every time you look in the mirror, you have to come to terms with what you see.

I bet those "shorties" are just as fvcked up looking as you.

Who got Physics angry? lol
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by efe22(m): 8:09pm On Jul 02, 2012
pro01: Uncivilised people often take one's gentleness and modesty as a sign of weakness. Sometimes I wonder whether President Jonathan realises how much power he has at his disposal - particularly in a Third World 'democracy' like Nigeria's.

I can imagine the Oba of Benin trying such nonsense with a President Olusegun Obasanjo. He would be deposed in a matter of days. . .and arrested by the EFCC for 'money laundering', and while dealing with that the SSS would be on his case for 'sedition'. . .lol.

I swear to God most Nigerians are animals and they deserve to be treated as such. When you're modest and humble, they look down on you and 'use you to shine' as they say in the local parlance. They prefer to be dealt with an iron hand and strong arm. Nonsense.
You still speak like a 4 years old child.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by uhonmoke(m): 8:39pm On Jul 02, 2012
jason123:

He is the most respected monarch in Nigeria, at least, Southern Nigeria....just saying...
@billynaire you talk like a mugu. D̶̲̥̅̊ø you think our royal father is a begger like your cheap and common thief you call king. G☺ and read bini kingdom history is respected world wide. We don't play with our royal father.GEJ can g☺ T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ hell and get die we don't welcome his visit.he is a corupt president and weak leader. PDP are bad govt. All we want is adam. Ok stupid boy. You have the right T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ ask who is our omo Ŋ☺‎​ ba who is him.I ask you who is GEJ.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Got Seized N3bn As Gifts During Ceremonies –yakubu / What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? / Six Presidential, 63 Governorship Aspirants Pick APC Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.