Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace (23239 Views)

Aregbesola Visits Ooni Ogunwusi, Squats In His Palace. See Photos / Emir Of Ibi Gave Melaye Fish At His Palace (Photos) / Who Is More Relaxed Here (GMB Or GEJ) In The Meeting With John Kerry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by queensmith: 10:37am On Jul 01, 2012
I thought they werent supposed to entertain politicians anyway? arent they meant to be neutral? hmmmm
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by thefunclubenterprise(m): 10:44am On Jul 01, 2012
What annoys me is
Why does pdp feel bringing top nigerians to Edo wil mak them get votes?
Na by show off....I wonder if gej wil com and vote that day!

And also , nxt time gej should notify the oba if he wants to pay a visit!......he should be civilized,even if its not the oba, u don't just come to see someone unexpected now!
The oba was obviously busy wit his traditional stuffs
And yes u have rights to decline seeing anyone ......you are free
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 01, 2012
the funclub enterprise: What annoys me is

[b]And also , nxt time gej should notify the oba if he wants to pay a visit!......he should be civilized,even if its not the oba, u don't just come to see someone unexpected now!
[/b]The oba was obviously busy wit his traditional stuffs

Etiquette is not a Goodluck thing.

I just like how the Oba treated him like any other politician.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by koolguy88(m): 11:01am On Jul 01, 2012
who is the oba of bini that will not welcome GEJ? is he greater than the emir on Kano?
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by esikpogho: 11:19am On Jul 01, 2012
manny4life:

If you believe this stuff you just wrote, then this is the reason why Nigeria can't move forward. While the Oba needs to be respected and the Oba needs to reciprocate as well, but Oba performing ritual, is his ritual greater than GOD? undecided undecided undecided

If Oba's ritual is greater than God in the Bible, then Oba's ritual will work, but if not, since there's GOD and in the Bible, GOD commanded spiritual work on fellows like this, his ritual won't work. By the time a team of prayer groups declare 7-days fire and brimstone prayer on his rituals, his rituals will bow.
may the oracle in our land remember to visit your family.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nickonomakaveli(m): 11:19am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: Whats my Business with Oba of Bini, or benin....in which democracy have you seen a President visiting every little communal head when he visits a state...answer me...now...
Shut ur stupid mouth up,it appears ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ r suffering 4rm brain tumour,for once i̶̲̥̅̊и̣̣̣̣̥ ur life time use ur brain
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 01, 2012
koolguy88: who is the oba of bini that will not welcome GEJ? is he greater than the emir on Kano?

you dont knw anytin...so i advice u kip shut...b4 I blast u wit chicken pox....
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Alxmyr(m): 11:38am On Jul 01, 2012
Funny enough the Oba has history of not being able to manage people with influence and affluence in his domain.
The first was Esama of Bini, Chief Igbinedion, he has issue with Oyegun when he was governor, he has always has issue with many.
Soon, issues will start arising from his new found love with Oshiomole.
Then we will all be here to make our comment.

Lastly, even Oshiomole was at the airport to welcome Mr. President. And it is unfortunately that the Oba will choose to make his point or displeasure on partisan politics. GEJ has done more for Benin than even Oshiomole with the renovation of Benin-Lagos road. The Oba should have be more diplomatic.

For this open display of disrespect for constituted authority, Oba got it all wrong.

Oba a to pe!

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by mu2sa2: 11:49am On Jul 01, 2012
GEJ was nt in Benin on an official visit as president of Nigeria, that is why he did not bother to call on the state governor.He went there for politicking in support of an apparently unpopular candidate. The Oba was right to receive him in private audience only. only a mumu will say the oba should receive GEJ publicly without the poeple assuming that he supports the PDP candidate or the candidate himself using the visit for propaganda.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by manny4life(m): 11:55am On Jul 01, 2012
esikpogho: may the oracle in our land remember to visit your family.

You see what I say, why you mentioning my family? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Because you deny who your creator is, and strongly believe in your oracle, that which you believe in will visit you, your family and your children. The lord God in his mighty fire will visit you and your oracle, for this which you have said, evil will never depart from you. In the name of God, I return back all your arrows back to you and it will hit you in 1million folds...AMEN.

Although I won't challenge anyone BUT if any oracle comes my way, the fire that burns in me is greater than the fire that burns in them. The Bible said, he that is greater in me is greater than he that is in them. So hear my word; I'M NOT AFRAID of your terror by night, nor your arrow that flies by day, nor your pestilence that walks in darkness, nor the destruction that lays waste at noon day. My brother, go and read about the account of Elijah and the 400 prophets of Baal.

I am a covenant child with GOD, yes I said it. I believe in the holy GOD of Israel. So tell your Oracle, NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING can happen. In as long as GOD is a consuming fire, well, let's see if GOD consuming fire and oracle's consuming fire, which is greater. Your ignorance is why I write this to you, my brother, seek GOD and immediately but if you'll not seek GOD but rather have your trust and hope on an idol, yet you use your oracle to threaten a covenant child, then watch, the wrath of GOD is near.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by esikpogho: 12:17pm On Jul 01, 2012
manny4life:

You see what I say, why you mentioning my family? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Because you deny who your creator is, and strongly believe in your oracle, that which you believe in will visit you, your family and your children. The lord God in his mighty fire will visit you and your oracle, for this which you have said, evil will never depart from you. In the name of God, I return back all your arrows back to you and it will hit you in 1million folds...AMEN.

Although I won't challenge anyone BUT if any oracle comes my way, the fire that burns in me is greater than the fire that burns in them. The Bible said, he that is greater in me is greater than he that is in them. So hear my word; I'M NOT AFRAID of your terror by night, nor your arrow that flies by day, nor your pestilence that walks in darkness, nor the destruction that lays waste at noon day. My brother, go and read about the account of Elijah and the 400 prophets of Baal.

I am a covenant child with GOD, yes I said it. I believe in the holy GOD of Israel. So tell your Oracle, NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING can happen. In as long as GOD is a consuming fire, well, let's see if GOD consuming fire and oracle's consuming fire, which is greater. Your ignorance is why I write this to you, my brother, seek GOD and immediately but if you'll not seek GOD but rather have your trust and hope on an idol, yet you use your oracle to threaten a covenant child, then watch, the wrath of GOD is near.
they will surly visit u,on that day u keep on quoting ur bible.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by manny4life(m): 12:23pm On Jul 01, 2012
esikpogho: they will surly visit u,on that day u keep on quoting ur bible.

And I said, GOD in his consuming fire and destruction will surely visit you and your oracle, on that day you choose to challenge him.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Ideevic(m): 12:27pm On Jul 01, 2012
Gej shldnt ve gone wit pdp uniform.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Ideevic(m): 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2012
Gej shldnt ve gone there wit pdp uniform.when he knows d tension.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by eddycapuro: 12:54pm On Jul 01, 2012
pro01:

Keep shut, you ignoramus. How can you compare a mere communal head - and there are thousands of them in this funny jungle called Nigeria - to the Queen of England, who is the Head of State of England, the CONSTITUTIONAL monarch of the Commonwealth Realms, and the Supreme Governor of the Church of England. . .whose face is on the national currency? Are you daft or are you just mentally retarded?

To those of you who are asking the foooooolish question "who is Jonathan"? And saying that the Oba of Benin can choose not to see him? Smh. Your ignorance is worse than a terminal disease. You dumb kids don't know anything about constitutionalism and state protocol. The personality of the president is irrelevant, and so is your personal sentiments about him. What matters is the the individual occupying the office of the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces is the MOST IMPORTANT individual in the land; the embodiment and personification of the Nigerian state, and MUST be respected as such by all other authorities in the land - be they temporal, spiritual, political, social, or legal.

The Oba of Benin, with due respect to the handful Bini people that venerate him, is not recognised by the Nigerian consitution. His position is completely devoid of any real significance other than traditional and ceremonial. He cannot overrate his importance in the Nigerian polity, much less arrogate to himself, the prerogative of defying protocol by choosing not to see the president. He realises that, of course, which is why he invited the president into his inner chamber - contrary to the claims of the OP. But for those of you here saying otherwise, you need to get a life. And in case you don't know, the traditional authorities are SUBORDINATE to political authority, and the law empowers even the governor to depose any traditional ruler in his state if need be.

You can worship your Oba for all I care, but don't make it seem like the rest of the country knows who the hell he is, or even gives a Bleep. Nothing pisses me off than an overbloated sense of self-importance.

Your epistle is dumb and surely portrays your level of understanding.
You don't need to write long rubbish and think you've made a point. You are cursed. Fool

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by slimderek(m): 1:02pm On Jul 01, 2012
You guys shouldn't joke with the oba of benin.
Seriously he's the most respected monarch in Nigeria
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 01, 2012
jason123:

He is the most respected monarch in Nigeria, at least, Southern Nigeria....just saying...
I know dat dat Oba would like to be respected...because of politics he refuses to acknowledge a bigger "Oga". See what our traditional leaders is teaching us.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by tonididdy(m): 1:12pm On Jul 01, 2012
omo 'n' oba ne edo uku akpolopolor...oba erediawa the 2nd...the great oba of benin kindom...oba ar tokpeye...ise
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by brownlord: 1:19pm On Jul 01, 2012
Yomieluv: then the oba should consider himself priviledged to be visited by the president of the most populous black nation...OBA Of benin my A.s.s....oba benin ko,oba togo ni..wetin the oba dey feel like sef?.

Just like ur emir that would sit on the floor to worship the president, and would die in a bycicle crash like ur sultan? No won u people r mostlt lunatic
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by thefunclubenterprise(m): 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2012
munaco: WHAT A SHAME. THE PRESIDENT HAVE NO WORK TO ATTEND NA TO GO FIGHT FOR ELECTION FOR BINI HIM KNOW.

Help me ask o!
9ja has plenty issues dat needs his time,he is coming to Edo.
I don't knw y he answers to those thugs who invite him to com and show off they hav connection
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by ololo12: 2:10pm On Jul 01, 2012
Very dangerous to mess or Bleep around with the Oba of Benin!!
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by bombwar(m): 2:18pm On Jul 01, 2012
scopusng: President did't deserve welcome.
Why,,,,,? definitly because the oba is too afraid to face His Excellency,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,F,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllll
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 01, 2012
brownlord:

Just like ur emir that would sit on the floor to worship the president, and would die in a bycicle crash like ur sultan? No won u people r mostlt lunatic

lol,lwkmd,lmao......his emir can lick the MUD and sleep in the gutter just to welcome GEJ...OBA GHATOR KPERE...ISE...
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2012
eddycapuro:

Your epistle is dumb and surely portrays your level of understanding.
You don't need to write long rubbish and think you've made a point. You are cursed. Fool

So this is what you can offer to counter my "dumb epistle"? You buffoons make me laugh. When you have nothing sensible to say, you resort to curses. You're unworthy of my attention; even my 12 year old niece would send your sorry a.r.s.e. to the cleaners when it comes to intellectual matters. Dimwit. . .go and worship your Oba; you can even offer yourself as living sacrifice to prolong his life. The rest of us don't even care to know who he is.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by bombwar(m): 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2012
scopusng: President did't deserve welcome.
Cant u read bf talking like an i,,,,,diot, Read
Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by OAM4J: 12:23am
Edo Politics: Oba shuns Airhiavbere as President visits

The Oba of Benin, Om n’Oba Erediauwa, yesterday shunned the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) delegation which paid a courtesy visit to him in his palace.

The Oba who normally receives visitors to his palace personally yesterday asked the Iyase of Benin, Chief Sam Igbe to receive the delegation on his behalf while he stayed in his inner chambers.

In his prayers, the Iyase said “our son, the president came on a courtesy visit and after his visit, he should have a safe journey home.”

The President was thereafter asked to proceed alone to the inner chambers to see the Oba while others, including the PDP Candidate, Maj-Gen Charles Aihiavbere (rtd), were asked to vacate the palace hall
Go and read
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by efe22(m): 2:33pm On Jul 01, 2012
Hmm long live the only respected and recognise Oba in Nigeria. ...Oba of Benin
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by bombwar(m): 2:34pm On Jul 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Etiquette is not a Goodluck thing.

I just like how the Oba treated him like any other politician.

This shows how foolish u are,,,,Who told u dat He was treated like other politician,,,,,,Go and read the whole story before talking Rubbish...............

Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by OAM4J: 12:23am

The Oba of Benin, Om n’Oba Erediauwa, yesterday shunned the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) delegation which paid a courtesy visit to him in his palace.

The Oba who normally receives visitors to his palace personally yesterday asked the Iyase of Benin, Chief Sam Igbe to receive the delegation on his behalf while he stayed in his inner chambers.

In his prayers, the Iyase said “our son, the president came on a courtesy visit and after his visit, he should have a safe journey home.”

The President was thereafter asked to proceed alone to the inner chambers to see the Oba while others, including the PDP Candidate, Maj-Gen Charles Aihiavbere (rtd), were asked to vacate the palace hall
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by bombwar(m): 2:39pm On Jul 01, 2012
the funclub enterprise: What annoys me is

And also , nxt time gej should notify the oba if he wants to pay a visit!......he should be civilized,even if its not the oba, u don't just come to see someone unexpected now!
The oba was obviously busy wit his traditional stuffs

U r an I,,,,diot,,,,Who told u that the stupid local Oba did not see His Excellency,,,,,,,?

Go and read Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by OAM4J: 12:23am

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 01, 2012
slimderek: You guys shouldn't joke with the oba of benin.
Seriously he's the most respected monarch in Nigeria
shut up,he's respected only in that forsaken village of urs,filled with wh.or.e who are spreading. H.I.V. In nigeria..d.u.m.b king.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 01, 2012
brownlord:

u cant compare the Emir with that communal head u call Oba benin,the Emir aside from being a king,is also the spiritual head of the Moslems..can u beat that.dumb a.s.s.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Achimedis1(m): 3:26pm On Jul 01, 2012
opaitbaba: just wait till a Benin man comes here & insults u back. They dnt joke with their king.
wu is oba make im go seatdown we no no him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

#NeverBelieveOBJ Trending On Twitter / Photo: Nigeria Today - Daily Trust / Tinubu Cancels 40% IGR Deduction From Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.