Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,121 members, 7,811,151 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace (23242 Views)

Aregbesola Visits Ooni Ogunwusi, Squats In His Palace. See Photos / Emir Of Ibi Gave Melaye Fish At His Palace (Photos) / Who Is More Relaxed Here (GMB Or GEJ) In The Meeting With John Kerry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by dinoinlove: 7:18am On Jul 01, 2012
Chidex2442: mak him carry him oba go cook soup na mtcheeew....

U̶̲̥̅̊ wortheless life stfp
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by vippper: 7:24am On Jul 01, 2012
when u joke with your king be very careful not to joke with the OBA OF BENIN,because u fool that asked that question your hungry king will rush out to see GEJ and endorsed the wrong candidate because of greed.May the gods of your land have mercy on you for asking such fooooooolish question.l am not for benin but i will always love his way of leading his kingdom .oba otun kpeye .long live the oba of benin.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 01, 2012
Na wa o!!!

See how these GEJ servants are working so hard to put down the Oba of Benin's administration, all in favour of retardedeen.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Walexz02(m): 7:25am On Jul 01, 2012
jason123:

He is the most respected monarch in Nigeria, at least, Southern Nigeria....just saying...
Nt in nigeria o! U better knw wt u ar saying**
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by BENZINA(m): 7:42am On Jul 01, 2012
BEaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaf!you continue to "REWIND". This is not your issue so don"t go there, or you loose your supporters.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by dont8(m): 7:47am On Jul 01, 2012
jude33084: I don't think that is true. He is the president of Nigeria and can see whoever he like.
But he can't see me.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by yungboss(m): 7:47am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: Isolate yourself for a moment every day, preferably in your Sanctum, and send thoughts of love, harmony, and health towards humanity as a whole, particularly towards all those who suffer physically or mentally. Ask God to assist them on all planes and to preserve them as much as possible from the ordeals of Life
damage limitation
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Bardic: 7:48am On Jul 01, 2012
[i][/i] i was thought obas are wise when it comes to dealing with people bt i dont see any wiseness in dat action.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by BENZINA(m): 8:01am On Jul 01, 2012
The wiseness in this is by the oba refusing to engage with other members of the entourage, apart from the president.CONGLIONE.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 01, 2012
sally bonne:

Even ur so called american president wen he won his election and was on tour he went to see d queen wit his family, cutseyed to her and shool hands they have respect, its jst africans like u dt are trying 2 b unafrican and trying 2 b like ppl u tink lack respect meanwhile they do

Keep shut, you ignoramus. How can you compare a mere communal head - and there are thousands of them in this funny jungle called Nigeria - to the Queen of England, who is the Head of State of England, the CONSTITUTIONAL monarch of the Commonwealth Realms, and the Supreme Governor of the Church of England. . .whose face is on the national currency? Are you daft or are you just mentally retarded?

To those of you who are asking the foooooolish question "who is Jonathan"? And saying that the Oba of Benin can choose not to see him? Smh. Your ignorance is worse than a terminal disease. You dumb kids don't know anything about constitutionalism and state protocol. The personality of the president is irrelevant, and so is your personal sentiments about him. What matters is the the individual occupying the office of the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces is the MOST IMPORTANT individual in the land; the embodiment and personification of the Nigerian state, and MUST be respected as such by all other authorities in the land - be they temporal, spiritual, political, social, or legal.

The Oba of Benin, with due respect to the handful Bini people that venerate him, is not recognised by the Nigerian consitution. His position is completely devoid of any real significance other than traditional and ceremonial. He cannot overrate his importance in the Nigerian polity, much less arrogate to himself, the prerogative of defying protocol by choosing not to see the president. He realises that, of course, which is why he invited the president into his inner chamber - contrary to the claims of the OP. But for those of you here saying otherwise, you need to get a life. And in case you don't know, the traditional authorities are SUBORDINATE to political authority, and the law empowers even the governor to depose any traditional ruler in his state if need be.

You can worship your Oba for all I care, but don't make it seem like the rest of the country knows who the hell he is, or even gives a Bleep. Nothing pisses me off than an overbloated sense of self-importance.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 01, 2012
As for all those ANIMALS dat are running their mouth against MY OBA..i want to tell u this...benin(Edo state) is the heart beat of nigeria just as NIgeria is the heart beat of africa..if sometin is wrong wit benin, sometin will definately be wrong wit Nigeria and of course any problem in Nigeria will affect Africa..

We the binis are noble people that was why THE BRITISH WAS JEALOUS OF US AND THIS MADE THEM STEAL SOME OF OUR BRONZE( GO TO THE BRITISH MUSEUM NOW AND SEE SOME OF D BRONZE THAT THEY STOLE)....so for all dose runny dier mouths, is not our fault that ur repective MONARCHS can go to the extend of sleeping in the MUD TO WELCOME the president.so i advice u kip shut B4 WE BLAST U GUYZ WITH CHICKEN POX AND MEASLES...OBA GHA TOR KPERE.:...ISE.........

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by MrUmaRu(m): 8:43am On Jul 01, 2012
Yomieluv: then the oba should consider himself priviledged to be visited by the president of the most populous black nation...OBA Of benin my A.s.s....oba benin ko,oba togo ni..wetin the oba dey feel like sef?.
Na craze dey worry am
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 01, 2012
jude33084: I don't think that is true. He is the president of Nigeria and can see whoever he like.
mr man...u need to wake up...recently, d emir of kano lambasted sambo, now d oba of benin ignored GEJ...get it ryt...royal fathers are not boyz to d president,especially when they dont lack money...ok??

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by esikpogho: 8:46am On Jul 01, 2012
empty seat.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by MrUmaRu(m): 8:47am On Jul 01, 2012
GudluckIBB:

You are a big fool for refering to my Oba in such a manner.are u ok!if u don't know how to talk ,can't you shut your dirty mouth?If I hear anything from you again on this issue.I will throw you what will make you to be bed wetting for the rest of your life.
Better be guilded
Na small small boys plenty for that bini ?
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by tai2(m): 8:47am On Jul 01, 2012
pro01:

Keep shut, you ignoramus. How can you compare a mere communal head - and there are thousands of them in this funny jungle called Nigeria - to the Queen of England, who is the Head of State of England, the CONSTITUTIONAL monarch of the Commonwealth Realms, and the Supreme Governor of the Church of England. . .whose face is on the national currency? Are you daft or are you just mentally retarded?

To those of you who are asking the foooooolish question "who is Jonathan"? And saying that the Oba of Benin can choose not to see him? Smh. Your ignorance is worse than a terminal disease. You dumb kids don't know anything about constitutionalism and state protocol. The personality of the president is irrelevant, and so is your personal sentiments about him. What matters is the the individual occupying the office of the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces is the MOST IMPORTANT individual in the land; the embodiment and personification of the Nigerian state, and MUST be respected as such by all other authorities in the land - be they temporal, spiritual, political, social, or legal.

The Oba of Benin, with due respect to the handful Bini people that venerate him, is not recognised by the Nigerian consitution. His position is completely devoid of any real significance other than traditional and ceremonial. He cannot overrate his importance in the Nigerian polity, much less arrogate to himself, the prerogative of defying protocol by choosing not to see the president. He realises that, of course, which is why he invited the president into his inner chamber - contrary to the claims of the OP. But for those of you here saying otherwise, you need to get a life. And in case you don't know, the traditional authorities are SUBORDINATE to political authority, and the law empowers even the governor to depose any traditional ruler in his state if need be.

You can worship your Oba for all I care, but don't make it seem like the rest of the country knows who the hell he is, or even gives a Bleep. Nothing pisses me off than an overbloated sense of self-importance.

Handful of Bini people? You forget the extent of the Benin Empire and people who are still subject to its traditional system, a majority who are non-Bini. I'd love to watch the government try and depose the Oba of Benin, if they won't perish in the chaos that follows, GEJ indeed, a spineless fellow. Who no come, no go know. As the Bini's would say: Oba ghator kpee. Ise.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 01, 2012
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by IleIfe2(m): 8:55am On Jul 01, 2012
jude33084:

undecided obviously you r from the west.

I think you should check his comment and other threads, abacha is his hero, he wants him to comeback. He is obviously Usman, an arewa cyber trooper on a weekend shift.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by MrUmaRu(m): 9:00am On Jul 01, 2012
dont8: But he can't see me.
. . . cos he dont see worthless people
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Demdem(m): 9:08am On Jul 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
lmao

www.nairaland.com/attachments/743542_168844_4281172146459_27073869_n_jpg66b5dab7696973677eacce570a3ce420

Damn it.
The revered oba's inner chamber must be cleansed for allowing the retardeen in.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by ayobase(m): 9:21am On Jul 01, 2012
jason123:

He is a respected monarch in Nigeria, at least, Southern Nigeria....just saying...

POC!
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by meedx: 9:45am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: Who is Oba of Bini for God's sake......Is that a name of a native doctor ?...just axing..
Go read your history texts or better search google, the answer is just a flip or click away.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by meedx: 9:45am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: Who is Oba of Bini for God's sake......Is that a name of a native doctor ?...just axing..
Or visit the british museum.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by meedx: 9:52am On Jul 01, 2012
jude33084:

undecided obviously you r from the west.
No, he is an alien from space.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Ajillo: 9:55am On Jul 01, 2012
Beaf: Rewind...

Desperation!
Anti-GEJ's, una de lie wella sha o! shocked shocked shocked shocked

[size=14pt][/size]

http://247ureports.com/oba-shuns-airhiavbere-as-president-visits/

Those of you who don't know Bini culture and tradition will fail to see that the quote above is a pacific insertion.In what the Oba was doing, nobody including Jonathan would have been allowed to see him. If he does, then the Oba is fake. The truth is that Jonathan did not see him because he came at the wrong time and not because of politics.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Ajillo: 9:56am On Jul 01, 2012

Desperation!

[size=14pt][/size]

[size=8pts]Those of you who don't know Bini culture and tradition will fail to see that the quote above is a pacific insertion.In what the Oba was doing, nobody including Jonathan would have been allowed to see him. If he does, then the Oba is fake. The truth is that Jonathan did not see him because he came at the wrong time and not because of politics.[/size]
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 01, 2012
sally bonne:

Pls tell dem abi him
tell him not dem.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Ajillo: 9:57am On Jul 01, 2012

Desperation!

[size=14pt][/size]

The President was thereafter asked to proceed alone to the inner chambers to see the Oba while others,
including the PDP Candidate, Maj-Gen Charles Aihiavbere (rtd), were asked to vacate the palace hall.

Those of you who don't know Bini culture and tradition will fail to see that the quote above is a pacific insertion.In what the Oba was doing, nobody including Jonathan would have been allowed to see him. If he does, then the Oba is fake. The truth is that Jonathan did not see him because he came at the wrong time and not because of politics.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by meedx: 10:00am On Jul 01, 2012
manny4life: That's the problem with democrazy, had Mr. President arrived Edo state without acknowledging the Oba, everyone will claim he was disrespectful. As much as the office of the Oba of Bini is highly respectful, I'm off the opinion that he should have set his differences aside and receive the president. Well, Mr. President should do what other presidents do when they're not welcome- play the ignorance card.
The Oba received the president in his inner chambers alone. You should have read properly before commenting. Some people are just too lazy to read.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by zunnurain1: 10:19am On Jul 01, 2012
I dont blame you, "charity begins at home". Let me know your village before i say something. Idiot, eranko....... Oba of Benin, may you leave long(amin)... Oshomole for second term
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by thefunclubenterprise(m): 10:24am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: Thanks for the enlightenment....where I come from...Obas are not gods....they are communal heads...

I'm not a bini, but I knw what power that guy has in his kingdom o!!!........Benin is not where u com 4rm,its bigger....ur hamlet may hav communal heads, but benin kingdom or empire has a king

Did u do general studies in ur university...d course name was 'nigerian people and culture" then u will knw how influential the oba and benin kingdom are

Ok, mayb u didn't att a university, but then u did social studies in secondary school now!!...or no...don't tell me u didn't get secondary sch education??

Ok....@least ur dad should hav told u folk tales and history of what happened in nigeria

Wait a minute!

Did u knw ur father?

Idiot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Silent War Between Oshiomhole And Obaseki / Kingsley Moghalu Supporters Meet In Rural Kogi (Pictures) / FG Files New Terrorism Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.