Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Do you Remember Or Used This? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do you Remember Or Used This? (28715 Views)

If You Used This Olympic Exercise Book, Please Go And Marry (Photo) / Names Of Noise Makers: Do You Remember This??? (pix) / Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by bid4rich(m): 11:25pm On Jul 05, 2012
CLASSMAN: ede times ede
remy koni iya
odabo odabo kayode

ede times ede
remi koni iya
segun elere bolu
odabo odabo kayode
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by levos2007(m): 11:28pm On Jul 05, 2012
D.pinaku:

My version was actually
Ede times Ede
Rice Customer Iya
Segun Ede bons
O O Kola.
Mine was " Ede x Ede,
Remi koni Iya
Segun Elere boluu
O dabo o kayode
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Milikiman: 11:29pm On Jul 05, 2012
wat of onward 40 leaves.hmmn i thank God today
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Omogbhollahorn(m): 11:29pm On Jul 05, 2012
Thanks for making me and me bro remember old days...... where is Gandoki the fighter i miss that character
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Theben(m): 11:31pm On Jul 05, 2012
I can't forget those days in army children school, when you have to enter the bush during break to hunt for grasshoppers. Lolz
And the full version of onward exercise book reads
O- Ole
N- Ni
W- Wale
A- Aji
R- Ruler
D- Dada

B- Baba
I- Iya
G- Gani

E- Ede
X- Times
E- Ede
R- Remi
C- Koni
I- Iya
S- Segun
E- Elere

B- Boolu
O- Odabo
O- Odabo
K- Kayode
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by lomzy1(m): 11:35pm On Jul 05, 2012
Hmmm sweet memories.. Does anyone remember any of these:

Alawiye by j.f odunjo (iwe yoruba)

Family living (a subject in primary sch)

And there was this leave we used to grind to paint d blackboard black!!

Felele ball, wembley 5 ball

Match pass with a guy rolling stick in front

They used to tell us to bring brooms to school then and u will be scored based on how big ur broom was!! Most dull students used to get good marks then cos it was a big opportunity for them.

Goody goody, ekanna gowon, tree top, gala of dos days....

Pls add more guys... Bring back d memories
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by tribalism(m): 11:39pm On Jul 05, 2012
you got me thinking, remembering my seat mates then: Ogechukwu Udoanochie, Ifeoma Nwachi and Dominic Ekengwu. sure someone can guess who i am now.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Clemzy16(m): 11:40pm On Jul 05, 2012
Yeah! I remember.. Also, the 2a book that has the picture of okocha, and kanu.. Maybe taribo west inclusive. Can't really remember.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by foyeks2001(f): 11:42pm On Jul 05, 2012
hmmmmmmm....gone are those days, when foyeks2001 was a lil girl...love dis @ poster
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Omogbhollahorn(m): 11:53pm On Jul 05, 2012
I remember wen i use to attend SAM JOE at doyin omololu street in ketu....they tel us we have computer in d school and bring it out 1ce in a year to play PAC MAN and that the end of that class in that year
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by donigspain(m): 11:53pm On Jul 05, 2012
mrkels:

You don dey lie like ur papa and mama now say na only first yu dey carry undecided
My bro, no be lie matter o. I still got my 'REPORT CARD' in my archives.
Funny thing is that the 'TEACHER'S REMARK' of my report card ALWAYS reads: Brilliant and Hardworking but he plays too much.
Kai, if u see my 'white' uniform dat time eh, u go fear. I played sotaay our teacher dey shame to present me as the class monitor and best student.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by BOUNTYDOG(m): 11:54pm On Jul 05, 2012
I felt this same way 6mths ago when we had a case with the omo oniles over one of my dad's properties after his demise,they stupidly took the case to court and my dad being a very strict policied man alway have a principple of writing down most of his deeds,to the extent I found my the dates I brought in my dogs and the day one died in his diaries,which I who own the pets don't even remember.
To cut my story short he had all the transaction with the omo oniles apart from the documents of purchase from the omo oniles on a 2D exercise book the one used for writing way back,it served as a strong evidence as the dates and even the age of the exercise book is enough proof the omo oniles are lying in their charges
Ede time ede
Remi Koni iya
Segun Elere boolu
Oddabo odabo kayode
So me sef na ol school to meet that time na wa o
Time waits for no man
And others are fast coming behind
Baba God na you o
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Darey00(m): 11:54pm On Jul 05, 2012
'aunty come and eat,satan go away'
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by 1Dray(m): 11:54pm On Jul 05, 2012
Who remembers that exercise book with 6 kids drawn on it. If you schooled in the north, you would remember naming each of the kids on the exercise book via a song, sang thus;
Na daya Papa lolo
Na biu Superdee
Na uku Mai anchi roba
Na hudu Dan gaye
Na biyar Mai gashin awake
Na shida Dan makaranta ABC
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by pcagbaji(m): 11:54pm On Jul 05, 2012
yamunla: its. Actualli Ede times Ede,Remi Koni Iya,Segun Elere Boolu,Odabo Odabo kehinde/kayode..!!!
My own version in ogodo pr sch. Is
Eze x eze rice customer is selling eba because of obobo kanda
yamunla: its. Actualli Ede times Ede,Remi Koni Iya,Segun Elere Boolu,Odabo Odabo kehinde/kayode..!!!
My own version in ogodo pr sch. Is
Eze x eze rice customer is selling eba because of obobo kanda
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by fellawales: 11:55pm On Jul 05, 2012
Wow! What a long time that was.happy to reminded of it. When men were boys and women were virgins

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Omogbhollahorn(m): 12:03am On Jul 06, 2012
I remember KITO sandals and that lovely OLD ROGER story........please o who played After round 1 original panadol extra otungbe de ;Dplease o who played After round 1 original panadol extra otungbe de.....my hand red die
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Monjerk: 12:03am On Jul 06, 2012
Gone are those days... When the time table (2*2) as we do call it then was a night mare to me. At primary 2 i find it very dificult to recipe 4*1 till the end. Quite remember then when my dad use to say "do you know how dificult it is to make money" saying in my dialet and translating it to english sounds like this " do you know how dificult it is to fight for money" so back then i normaly think my dad will go and be fighting with other people to make money. lol
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by oyetobi31(m): 12:05am On Jul 06, 2012
[color=#000099][/color] grin grin
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by deezed1(m): 12:06am On Jul 06, 2012
I couldn't help but smile as I saw dis n as I read d replies of fellow NLders.Thanks 2 ma teachers(cAn hardly remember deir names, wz so small then) @ St.Mary's Nur/pry school. still av in ma head, a faint picture where d slates were packed after each excercise. grin
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by donigspain(m): 12:07am On Jul 06, 2012
Please, can anyone from the SOUTHEAST recall the infamous GHOST of MR. OKPONKU who is believed to have died in service as a teacher and is always associated with quite and/or windy conditions? His 'ghost' is believed to haunt students especially innocent primary school pupils.
I still recall vividly the days of military rule. Then, the military governor of Abia state in the person of Col. Ike Nwosu used to pursue students to school with 'koboko'. Dem no born u well to dey swagger for road with ur school uniform when it's already past 8am on a school day. Who say military no value education?
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by 1Dray(m): 12:09am On Jul 06, 2012
Remember going to school every morning and the almajiris and other Hausa/fulani kids singing "Dan makaranta Boko ko, ba karatu ba sallah sai yawo zagi Mallam". This they do whenever they see kids on school uniform going to school every morning. Translating the song it means; "Western School pupil, no reading of koran, no praying (the type they do), just roaming about insulting Mallam".
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Omogbhollahorn(m): 12:13am On Jul 06, 2012
MY BEST SONG..
SOME HAVE FOOD BUT CAN NOR EAT SOME CAN EAT BUT HAVE NO FOOD WE HAVE FOOD AND WE CAN EAT GLORY TO THEE O LORD BLESS THIS FOOD OH LORD FOR CHRIST SAKE JESUS COME AND EAT SATAN GO AWAY, AUNTY COME AND EAT (NOT FROM MY MIND OH, AUNTY EAT KE)

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Monjerk: 12:25am On Jul 06, 2012
[b][/b]
1Dray: Remember going to school every morning and the almajiris and other Hausa/fulani kids singing "Dan makaranta Boko ko, ba karatu ba sallah sai yawo zagi Mallam". This they do whenever they see kids on school uniform going to school every morning. Translating the song it means; "Western School pupil, no reading of koran, no praying (the type they do), just roaming about insulting Mallam".

Bros, You saw them singing this kind of song and you never reported 2 me then when i was the President, now you can see that you are still one of the cause of this Boko Har.. issue, this thing realy started way back then. lol...
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by babe4chi(f): 12:28am On Jul 06, 2012
Good old days....
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by draj93(m): 12:30am On Jul 06, 2012
Ah. I remember then in Holy innocent nursery and Primary school. Aunty eno, aunty shemiye, aunty gbemi, uncle akapo, uncle mike, uncle iroko and my able proprietor aluku innocent. Back then was like a battle field. A Perpetual late cormer like me given d assembly prefect boy. I remember dat song very well. 40 ladies eat amala vomit ewedu soup (40 leaves)
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Jibwillz: 12:37am On Jul 06, 2012
hmm! hw tym fly's, nvr tot starin' @ diz wud bring joy 2 ma hrt.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Dagods(m): 12:43am On Jul 06, 2012
Waow !! were did u get dis?u will make a gud historian,i use dat Olympic blue back& pure white inside xrcise book.u made me smile dude
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by babe4chi(f): 12:43am On Jul 06, 2012
Good old days...

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by conyema12(m): 12:50am On Jul 06, 2012
Ejiné: Edeh Times Edeh.
Rice. Customer.
I Saw Edeh.
Beans.
Oloko-Oloko Kids

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by modavi: 1:10am On Jul 06, 2012
Isaactop9: really got me smilling
same here!
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Roland17(m): 1:17am On Jul 06, 2012
Speaks loud of how education in Nigeria has not only nose dived, but also degenerated in the past 15 years, Pictures of illitrate artists without any identity with their music or arts have replaced arithmetic tables as front and back covers of notebooks for pupils and students..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Flogging Children In School And At Home: Good Or Bad? Whats Your Take? / I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? / UNIBEN Professor, Alexander Emoghene, Dies