Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,402 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? (2892 Views)

This Guy Broke Up With His Abuja Girlfriend & Married A Girl From His Village / Her Lover Of Over Four Years Just Broke Up With Her; Please Advise Her / She Broke Up When I Told Her No Sex Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by hotshotpeter(m): 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2012
I've noticed that whenever a girl breaks up with a guy she always adds these annoying words, "Atleast we can still be friends, right?" Personally, i hate it. There you are, all heart-broken and feeling like it's the end of the world and that person you've loved so much is telling you "we can still be friends." I need to get your opinion on this. Would you still be friends with someone who just broke up with you?
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by cog1: 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2012
Its all good at the end really!
Sometimes God opens doors to give us opportunities,
Sometimes he CLOSES doors to protect us!
We may not understand when he closes doors when and where we wish he opens!!
Rise above the hurt & be friends,yes,because that particular
Door at that point in time needs to be closed.
At the point you realize this crucial fact,you rise above the hurt & its easier to move on.
So,when next a babe says "can we still be friends?"
Please say "with all pleasure ma'am!"

1 Like

Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 05, 2012
Hell raised to the power of NO!!!
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by infogenius(m): 5:18pm On Jul 05, 2012
Of course.
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by hotshotpeter(m): 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2012
cog1: Its all good at the end really!
Sometimes God opens doors to give us opportunities,
Sometimes he CLOSES doors to protect us!
We may not understand when he closes doors when and where we wish he opens!!
Rise above the hurt & be friends,yes,because that particular
Door at that point in time needs to be closed.
At the point you realize this crucial fact,you rise above the hurt & its easier to move on.
So,when next a babe says "can we still be friends?"
Please say "with all pleasure ma'am!"

Maybe sometime in the future. But at that point in time when i'm still grieving and mad as xxxx. Hell to the no.
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by hotshotpeter(m): 6:20pm On Jul 05, 2012
sexkillz: Hell raised to the power of NO!!!

On point bro
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by hotshotpeter(m): 6:22pm On Jul 05, 2012
infogenius: Of course.

When you've experienced it you will understand
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by claremont(m): 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2012
No. I delete their details from my phone, my Facebook, my email, burn all the pictures and everything that reminds me of the relationship.
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2012
claremont: No. I delete their details from my phone, my Facebook, my email, burn all the pictures and everything that reminds me of the relationship.

Lol! Sounds like me
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by hotshotpeter(m): 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2012
claremont: No. I delete their details from my phone, my Facebook, my email, burn all the pictures and everything that reminds me of the relationship.

Wow. Bro you dey vehs oh.
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by pendo89(f): 6:55pm On Jul 05, 2012
I think it depends on the cause of the breakup and what the relationship was based on.

If we are together in biz and I still value your input and deals, I would not be stupid enough to delete your details.

I keep that side of things going on and erase the emotional part.That I am good at doing.

To speed that up, get urselves other partners to draw attention from each other.

But if you don't add any positive value in each other's life then go separate and forget the person completley
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by bizzlemie(m): 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2012
BEFORE D RELATIONSHIP: We're best of lovers
AFTER D RELATIONSHIP:We're total strangers!

Did y'all notice d rhyme dere? Hehehehe
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by Mynd44: 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
Yes I can. I see noting bad in it but it will have to depend on the circumstances of the break-up
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by hotshotpeter(m): 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
pendo89: I think it depends on the cause of the breakup and what the relationship was based on.

If we are together in biz and I still value your input and deals, I would not be stupid enough to delete your details.

I keep that side of things going on and erase the emotional part.That I am good at doing.

To speed that up, get urselves other partners to draw attention from each other.

But if you don't add any positive value in each other's life then go separate and forget the person completley

That's cold
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by pendo89(f): 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2012
hotshot_peter:

That's cold

But how else does 'move on'? I am sure you have heard that phrase before, no?
You cant move on while stringing another person along,It's not fair to the new person at all.
Leave emotional baggage behind and start afresh. That to me is moving on.
Keep the non emotional attachment on.I don't know if you understand me.
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by ijebabe: 8:07pm On Jul 05, 2012
sexkillz: Hell raised to the power of NO!!!
I'm breaking up with you. Can we be friends?
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by hotshotpeter(m): 8:09pm On Jul 05, 2012
pendo89:

I don't know if you understand me.

Ummmm NO. Expanciate
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by Mynd44: 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2012
ijebabe:
Hmmm
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by Nobody: 4:58am On Jul 06, 2012
I tried. It doesn't work, especially when you're the one hurting.
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by Nobody: 5:11am On Jul 06, 2012
ogugua88: I tried. It doesn't work, especially when you're the one hurting.

Exactly
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 06, 2012
ijebabe:
say what?!
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by OldHag: 7:17am On Jul 06, 2012
Yes you can still be'just good friends' it all depends on the reasons behind the breakup.
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by Mynd44: 7:44am On Jul 06, 2012
sexkillz: say what?!
Ouch that's gotta hurt
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by mideeniafe(f): 9:29am On Jul 06, 2012
Well of course, but it depends on the reason why we broke up.
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by Goldieluks: 9:50am On Jul 06, 2012
Yeah, but not immediately.
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by tellwisdom: 10:28am On Jul 06, 2012
Mbanuuuuuuuu..ARU angry angry
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by hotshotpeter(m): 10:43am On Jul 06, 2012
ogugua88: I tried. It doesn't work, especially when you're the one hurting.

GBAM raised to the power of infinity
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by Mynd44: 10:47am On Jul 06, 2012
hotshot_peter:

GBAM raised to the power of infinity
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by Etranshub(m): 10:50am On Jul 06, 2012
Such friendship only take u guys back to bed n the s*x continue but this time with no commitment so u both end up cheating ur new partners. Have had such over n over and in must cases the girl we ask that the friendship should end when she realise she is getting nothing but just s*x from the frienship
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by 190: 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2012
I agree with cog1

God does tins in misterious ways
And d end always justify d means - he protects us in ways unimaginable

My ex said those same words 2me late last year
Here was my response

Let's say her name is Jane

Jane I have known you for well over 7yrs now
And we've bin dating for well over 6yrs now
During which, I have done pratically everything do-able for you
Including getting you an admission with which you are a graduate
And about going 2 serve
Before you felt you are now too big and started phocking ur fellow class mates and
Lecturers for marks - its all gud doe
But I don't tink its Ok we remain friends, I wouldn't wanna av anytin 2 do again wiv u
Cos I've come 2 understand that love doesn't exist and its just mare infactuation
You Jane has been a bad influence in my life and I must have bin so dunb not 2 c d beast
And bi.tch in u after all these yrs

Ever heard of d world - each 2 their tent oh isreal
I nid both of us 2 stay on opposite sides of th e lane
If u ever see me, don't greet me and I won't greet or respond if u ever
Say hi, either online or in reality, don't call my fones and don't add me on bbm
I hope u understand wah I'm saying

She nodded

Now go

And that was d end, I turned my back with heavy hart,took my leave
Last time I heard she was in an active relationship in PH wit a yahoo boy
Fast forward 2 5months later
I'm having d best of relationship God can ever bless a man
She is everything and has an IQ of a white woman and as sweet as a Nigerian woman + she is
From a notoriously wealthy family where money is d least of their problems
Hell cute 2 d core and recently I've bin complaining that she doesn't allow me do
Notin for her
Just 20 and a graduate with 2.1 and a scholarship 2 any uni in d world 2 read her masters and
Currently planniing a suitable country where we cud both link up

I think na 2 give am belle remain - rotfl
Juss kiddin na joke I de

Word of advice 2 guys out there
Never u - I repeat Never u date a gurl who on her own
Can't afford a square meal or a bottle of fanta
Else u become d fanta in her life till she squeezez d juice outta u
And finds herself an ice cold beer - always go for
D champhange popping types
Re: Can You Still Be Friends With Someone Who Just Broke-up With You? by Mynd44: 1:13am On Jul 07, 2012
190 has lost it

(1) (2) (Reply)

15 Things Women Do Better Than Men.. / I Stayed Outside And My Fiancee Neva Introduced Me To Her Mum Formally.am Confus / Guys Pls Who Will You Marry Of This Two?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.