Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,390 members, 7,954,568 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:42 PM

10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go (20856 Views)

21 Signs It's Just Sex Not A Relationship / 9 Signs It’s Time To End That Relationship / 10 Signs He Wants To Marry You - For Ladies Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by koruji(m): 10:50pm On Jul 13, 2012
I am not trying to disprove any theory. It says right there "Don’t change who you are for anyone else".

Nobody is completely fixed in who they are - that is why they say the only thing constant in life is change.

What I am suggesting is not that this advice is entirely wrong, but it needs to be toned down to something like "Do not change who you are for someone who is not worth it or requires more of you than you can do".

Your reply is an illustration of what I am talking about - learn to see the areas where people have mutual agreement first before you throw out the baby with the bathwater.

His statement and mine are not too far apart, but the difference can bring a whole lot of happiness to many relationships.

Wislet: that is not what he means.
Read it again without the need to disprove a theory u might have heard for a long time- dispassionately- ten u'll understand what it's really talking about.
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by koruji(m): 11:00pm On Jul 13, 2012
Also, just so you know I think the rest of the post is great.

Wislet: that is not what he means.
Read it again without the need to disprove a theory u might have heard for a long time- dispassionately- ten u'll understand what it's really talking about.
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by sashaa(f): 11:05pm On Jul 13, 2012
Nice write-up
@ Op, please number ur points in such a write up. Makes it easier
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by bittyend(m): 11:10pm On Jul 13, 2012
What's up with all the badly written posts on this thread?

If English isn't your first language, stick to writing in Arabic, or Mandarin. cheesy
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by bittyend(m): 11:13pm On Jul 13, 2012
I want the OP to share some of the ish he smoked before writing this long and boring essay. cheesy

Let nature be the judge and do less reading when you're dealing with emotions.
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by Cupidkc(m): 11:21pm On Jul 13, 2012
samuelee1: 9ice write-up, rily gud, bt its easier said, bt also not impossible. It requires d grace of God.
u jst read my mind...
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by pendusky(m): 11:21pm On Jul 13, 2012
bittyend: What's up with all the badly written posts on this thread?

If English isn't your first language, stick to writing in Arabic, or Mandarin. cheesy

Lol
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by not2long(m): 11:24pm On Jul 13, 2012
pls can someone please summarize, i failed summary in waec.
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by SimplySEA(m): 12:04am On Jul 14, 2012
My people lettin go isn't beans o! However d writer is 95% practically correct. I found dat out d hard way minutes ago before coming online. Made contact wit my ex, someone i still feel very much strongly for after 6months of breakup. I held myself up for dat long.
And After d call,......? U guessed right! i should kept my cool and avoided d humiliation. I only made contact. Didn't ask for nothin! Most of u are right! It's very difficult. But pls don't find out how truly difficult it is... It's infact shameful...! Tanks writer. i've saved d page already for referral purpose!

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by modavi: 12:25am On Jul 14, 2012
Dat's true but then,talk is cheap!
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by cama: 1:19am On Jul 14, 2012
what if you are married &ur husband ill treat u how do apply dis rules pls . help
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by Nobody: 1:30am On Jul 14, 2012
Can someone please list the 10 signs.

Sincerely, not trying to be rude, but long NL posts turn me off. lol

Thanks in advance. smiley
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by Nobody: 1:37am On Jul 14, 2012
lestat:
a crossbearer?
Im not sure what you mean
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by adefash(m): 3:21am On Jul 14, 2012
bini girl:
True talk...most of d tym it's easier said than done...
Guy u'r rite but first lets aprct some1 who has put together these practicable words of encouragement for those who think out of love is out of life.it is not easy doesnt mean it is not practicable though!
i have been aplying these kind of realities since i was in high schl & never had any problem with my emotions.i'm hapily married now.
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by zamirikpo(m): 5:45am On Jul 14, 2012
Very nice post,I'l sure read it over and over again so it sinks into d oblangata perfectly.but I hv a questn wot if there's a clause,my own case is on points 2 nd 3,but I feel she's just young and inexperienced,u knw youthful exorbitant,tins I also did wen I was her age..shld I wait it out or let go.pls wise advice...oh.she's 20 nd am 27.
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by zamirikpo(m): 6:17am On Jul 14, 2012
I am not trying to disprove any theory. It says right there "Don’t change who you are for anyone else".

Nobody is completely fixed in who they are - that is why they say the only thing constant in life is change.

What I am suggesting is not that this advice is entirely wrong, but it needs to be toned down to something like "Do not change who you are for someone who is not worth it or requires more of you than you can do".

Your reply is an illustration of what I am talking about - learn to see the areas where people have mutual agreement first before you throw out the baby with the bathwater.

His statement and mine are not too far apart, but the difference can bring a whole lot of happiness to many relationships.

Then Again u r right...
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by obaf(m): 6:25am On Jul 14, 2012
So what happens to compromise? What happens to wife's submssive wife & loving husband? If you're to be rigid cos you don't want to lose yourself? Any good marraige counselor will tell you, both parties will have to let go of their individual principles to achieve a good united home. It is called sacrifice to make things work,those ladies that can't submit, u'll always see they are single & remain single.that's why the whole thing theoretical.
Don't lose yourself in d sense that we all know when bullshit is offered to us,that why(especially for ladies) to see that the guy you want to date is someone you can submit to.
That my piece of mind
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by wellmax(m): 6:38am On Jul 14, 2012
Very helpful
Thanks for sharing
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by supertop7: 7:53am On Jul 14, 2012
My people is life itself not complicated? The poster has really made sense in his write up, infact his write up is the bible i read this a.m. All d pple dat said 'it is easier said than done' also made sense . But i will say that dis write up will be more difficult to applied in a legally married situation than in a 'boy friend, gurl friend relationship' period! The only ground i feel one shuld not be able to hold on to a relationship or marriage is d case of infidelity nd adultery.
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by cindyrella(f): 8:03am On Jul 14, 2012
freecocoa: A shorter version please.
My thoughts exactly! embarassed
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by Wislet(f): 8:09am On Jul 14, 2012
koruji: I am not trying to disprove any theory. It says right there "Don’t change who you are for anyone else".

And I say, human beings are supposed to do the CHANGING by themselves and FOR themselves- because you see the need to be better than you already are..... And NOT because you are in a relationship where more is expected of you, or for someone who is supposedly 'worth' it. Smh.

The first gives you complete satisfaction- that you see the need to improve yourself, BY YOURSELF, and you are doing it. Relationship or not.

And not because '' I have to live up to the expectation of boyfriend A because he's such a nice guy ,so as not to disappoint him''.
Because in doing that you will become a shadow of yourself... Feeling empty and inadequate (not good enough for anyone), it will be a CHORE. And u'll be constantly looking in the mirror to be sure it's still you standing.
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by Wislet(f): 8:36am On Jul 14, 2012
cindyrella:
My thoughts exactly! embarassed
freecocoa and cindyrella
angry angry

laziness huh?
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by freecocoa(f): 8:45am On Jul 14, 2012
Wislet: freecocoa and cindyrella
angry angry

laziness huh?
Not exactly.tongue

Anyway my own is that we all know when to let go but some people choose to ignore the signs.

My mum always said,odu bu odu bu nke nmadu duru onwe ya. Meaning = the best advice is the one given to self.

Omo when you get tired of being treated badly in a relationship,no be person go tell you to bounce wink.

Btw i read all that before asking for a shorter version,just being mischievous as usual grin.
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by Wislet(f): 8:54am On Jul 14, 2012
freecocoa: Not exactly.tongue

Anyway my own is that we all know when to let go but some people choose to ignore the signs.

My mum always said,odu bu odu bu nke nmadu duru onwe ya. Meaning = the best advice is the one given to self.

Omo when you get tired of being treated badly in a relationship,no be person go tell you to bounce wink.

Btw i read all that before asking for a shorter version,just being mischievous as usual grin.
hehehe wink
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by emmax2alfa: 9:21am On Jul 14, 2012
Nice one,learnt a lot. Thanks
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by dolphinsea: 9:22am On Jul 14, 2012
This is simply flawless...God bless u op! A standing ovation 4yhu,lol.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by Sharexgold(m): 9:26am On Jul 14, 2012
Well said, Love is practical....!
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by ENEONWO(m): 10:05am On Jul 14, 2012
So witty and efficacious! Will be the subsisting constitution for many a relationship. Thanks a bunch for sharing.
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by ENEONWO(m): 10:09am On Jul 14, 2012
Absolutely wise and constructively brewed advice. Thank you so plenty for posting.
Re: 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go by Alfoasegh: 10:10am On Jul 14, 2012
Great post but mostly applicable to boyfriend-girlfriend relationships (not marriages) as rightly pointed out by someone earlier.
As for those who think it's easier said than done, I agree it's quite difficult but it's definitely achievable.
I was in a relationship for over 2 yrs where I was so carried away that I practically became my parners father financially although I blamed myself for trying to live up to her expectations then. When I looked at myself, I became a shadow of my old self, going from positive to zero in my bank a/cs and then into -ve with major projects stalled here & there. The only project that was vibrant was meeting the whims & caprices of the lady in question. Then I realized she was making more withdarwals than deposit (actually no meaningful deposits at all if you ask me) into the relationship & into my life. Some of the deposits she flaunted then (honesty & faithfulness) were both faulted eventually as she was caught red-handed in some undeniable bouts of infidelity. The last straw that broke the camel's back was my finding out that she wasn't even an under-graduate after paying school fees, hand-outs, accomodation, general maintenance & upkeep for two good sessions, thinking I had finally found the proverbial missing part of my rib. Anyway, we eventually parted ways but it wasn't easy for me. After severe emotional stress spanning over 1 year, I eventually was able stay on my own without this very strong urge to always call, text or be with her. But I must confess it wasn't easy at all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Love? Nigerians React (Video) / At What Age Did You Start Dating? / Why Are Women So Jealous Of Each Other?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.