Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Ecowas New Member?? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ecowas New Member?? (11138 Views)

Seun New Member Enquiring About Sponsored Post On Home Page / Biafra: Kanu Drags Buhari To ECOWAS Court / Advice Frm A New Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 5:28am On Jul 14, 2012
noiseless: I really believe the best thing Cameroun should be doing is to work very hard towards the disintergration of Nigeria, so everyone can know their level and ability and not hiding behind the laughable titles, such as "GIANT OF AFRICA,MOST POPULOUS BLACK NATION" etc. all with nothing to show for it and who needs soviet union as neigbour by the way? Somethings has to be balanced and if these boko infidels ever achieve their dreams in Nigeria without disintergration of that country, trust me no country is safe in Africa, it might sound a bit strange but that is what islamic jihadism is all about.
We never intervene in national/local affairs sorry ..i think the best thing to do is to organize a big reunion with all ethnics groups in Nigeria and you talk about everything so you will this tribalism...
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 5:31am On Jul 14, 2012
naptu2: I think it'd be a great idea. Of course the geography doesn't matter, neither does language, etc (Angola is part of SADC, while Rwanda is part of the Commonwealth). The only thing that matters is strategic interests.
yes me too i think we should but can you list me some advantages of being a member of Ecowas.....?
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 14, 2012
naptu2: Cameroun should join Ecomog to help us battle Boko Haram in northern Cameroun.
we are already doing it with the MED but bok haram is very diffent because their actions are inside the county i mean more inside and i really doubt even for their security that Nigerians will agree to see our forces acting inside their country ...their pride will say no lol ...but we are ready but like your mate said fighting terrorism in another country is a dangerous game..
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by naptu2: 5:53am On Jul 14, 2012
Every advantage has a corresponding disadvantage. I'll list 3

1) Cross border trade. ECOWAS guarantees free movement of people and goods across the borders of member states. This means that Camerounians stand a better chance of taking advantage of, for example, Nigeria's large market. However, you must be competitive in order to reap the benefits of this (for example, the Ghanaians are currently trying to restrict Nigerian traders in Ghana, because they are less competitive).

2) Defence/Security: Cameroun can request for help from Ecomog should she ever need it. However, some citizens of West Africa, because of pride and sovereignty issues, do not like the idea of Ecomog intervening in their country.

3) Free and easy movement of people: You would not need a visa to visit any Ecowas country. This would also mean that criminals can easily move across borders.
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 14, 2012
naptu2: Every advantage has a corresponding disadvantage. I'll list 3

1) Cross border trade. ECOWAS guarantees free movement of people and goods across the borders of member states. This means that Camerounians stand a better chance of taking advantage of, for example, Nigeria's large market. However, you must be competitive in order to reap the benefits of this (for example, the Ghanaians are currently trying to restrict Nigerian traders in Ghana, because they are less competitive).

2) Defence/Security: Cameroun can request for help from Ecomog should she ever need it. However, some citizens of West Africa, because of pride and sovereignty issues, do not like the idea of Ecomog intervening in their country.

3) Free and easy movement of people: You would not need a visa to visit any Ecowas country. This would also mean that criminals can easily move across borders.
nahhh in terms of competitiveness we are doing well Cameroon is the only one who sells his products in all central Africa countries without importing any ...we are ready to competition it's what we need i'm pissed of those people ....free movement this is very interesting we failed to put that in Cemac only on paper not in the real life tho all can enter in Cameroon but they refuse to do the same...they act like ghana... equato and Gabon persecute all Cameroonians who are working in their country we pay the highest taxes etc etc....Cemac really piss me off...for Ecomog i really doubt that Nigerians could be proud to ask for help in another country just look the boko haram case Nigeria could ask the help of Cameroon but they don't ..this pride is in everybody lol ..i have a question Mali is an Ecowas member right? if yes, why there is no intervention from others Ecowas members to establish peace and support the government( even if there is no longer a government in this country) because everyday women/children are raped by those Tuareg who kill and destruct everyone and everything even archaeological sites... what Nigeria ,Ivory coast and Senegal are waiting?
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by lagcity(m): 6:19am On Jul 14, 2012
I love Cameroonians but i'm pissed at them right now. For christ sake, wtf is wrong with u guyz?! angry Why haven't u put a bullet thru Paul Biya's head? that nicca has been there for centuries, kill that mofo. angry man, i trust my Naija ppl, even the devil himself cant rule us for 10yrs. grin B4 Cameroon joins ECOWAS, they must kill their president first. That's my Ruling. All Rise!
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by naptu2: 6:24am On Jul 14, 2012
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 14, 2012
lagcity: I love Cameroonians but i'm pissed at them right now. For christ sake, wtf is wrong with u guyz?! angry Why haven't u put a bullet thru Paul Biya's head? that nicca has been there for centuries, kill that mofo. angry man, i trust my Naija ppl, even the devil himself cant rule us for 10yrs. grin B4 Cameroon joins ECOWAS, they must kill their president first. That's my Ruling. All Rise!
my bro the man 82 years old he doesn't worth a war/riot he will die soon we are just waiting////and last but not least our opposition is messed up they are nerds period ..do you understand french? if yes i will post a video of a candidate and if you don't laugh i'm not Cameroonian anymore .....people always judge from outside but the truth is Biya divided the opposition (+ 200 political organizations ) the man is clever he managed everything to make them kill each others( not literally) so Cameroonians prefer to be ruled by this old man he may not be the best but trust me he is not the worst i know my people .by the way i could ask you the same question can you tell me how a guy like goodluck jonathan is the presidnet of nigeria? my only request is that you guys learn french teach it in school we have so much to share we have to break this language barrier even if Cameroon is bilingual
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 14, 2012
naptu2: Ecomog generals are meeting to thrash out a Mali invasion plan.

http://forum.newzimbabwe.com/index.php?/topic/55118-ecowasecomog-generals-meet-to-thrash-out-a-mali-invasion-plan/
that's talk politics are always talking Malians need actions .....anyway Nuke them enough is enough those rebels groups are becoming very annoying .......
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by naptu2: 6:41am On Jul 14, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: that's talk politics are always talking Malians need actions .....anyway Nuke them enough is enough those rebels groups are becoming very annoying .......

I agree with you 100%
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 14, 2012
naptu2:

I agree with you 100%
Malians leaders have been very stupid i have to say that this big county is almost three time Togo but they only have something like 5000 soldiers with no equipment everybody could invade mail even Togo which is more little has +10000 soldiers....what this government was excepting they can't even fight a rebellion i wonder what if there was a boko haram and Med in Mali ...i know the situation is not funny but what the hell were they thinking?
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by onila(f): 1:32pm On Jul 14, 2012
SmoothCrim: Puppet, you are not half the country Ghana is!! Go to Wikipedia and check!! You would not even be 3rd... Ivory coast is better!!! NO FRENCH PUPPETS!!!! We already have enough!! grin On a serious note I don't think it is possible! If it was put up for a vote I think you would get in MAYBE!

true! Ghana is a better democratic governed country while cameroon is a dictator-no human rights country
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by onila(f): 1:38pm On Jul 14, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: nahhh in terms of competitiveness we are doing well Cameroon is the only one who sells his products in all central Africa countries without importing any ...we are ready to competition it's what we need i'm pissed of those people ....free movement this is very interesting we failed to put that in Cemac only on paper not in the real life tho all can enter in Cameroon but they refuse to do the same...they act like ghana... equato and Gabon persecute all Cameroonians who are working in their country we pay the highest taxes etc etc....Cemac really piss me off...for Ecomog i really doubt that Nigerians could be proud to ask for help in another country just look the boko haram case Nigeria could ask the help of Cameroon but they don't ..this pride is in everybody lol ..i have a question Mali is an Ecowas member right? if yes, why there is no intervention from others Ecowas members to establish peace and support the government( even if there is no longer a government in this country) because everyday women/children are raped by those Tuareg who kill and destruct everyone and everything even archaeological sites... what Nigeria ,Ivory coast and Senegal are waiting?

cameroon cant help us to deal with boko haram undecided. .stop yarning things you dont know
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 14, 2012
onila:

cameroon cant help us to deal with boko haram undecided. .stop yarning things you dont know
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 14, 2012
onila:

i really doubt that you know something in military stuff i really doubt...just ask a to any random military officer how we are helping you with the MED ..like i said the only reason Cameroon can't intervene in Nigeria is just that Nigeria can do it by their own ( i think you can)2)boko haram are too local/inside the country i don't know for Nigerian but i don't think Cameroonians would be happy to see Nigerian forces bombing and killing others Cameroonians even for their sake i call it pride......you also don't know anything about Cameroon it's good to be patriotic but not in ignorance Cameroon can help Nigeria in any military situations ..we can blow out boko haram in -72H ... but fighting terrorism in a foreign country is not a good game....but anyway could you tell me please why you think that Cameroon can't help you?
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by onila(f): 1:57pm On Jul 14, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: i really doubt that you know something in military stuff really ...just ask a random military how we are helping you with the MED ..like i said the only reason Cameroon can't intervene in Nigeria is just that Nigeria can do it by their own ( i think you can)20boko haram are too local/inside the country i don't know for Nigerian but i don't think Cameroonians would be happy to see Nigerian forces bombing and killing others Cameroonians even for their sake i call it pride......you also don't know anything about Cameroon it's good to be patriotic but not in ignorance Cameroon can help and can blow out boko haram in -72H ...

you guys are so patriotic then y cant u remove paul biya and his corrupt government out

Ghana can do a better job for us . .Ghana has shown the world they are the most patriotic and the most organized country in Africa. they will have better ideas for Nigeria. you cant help someone when your house is on fire undecided
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by onila(f): 2:06pm On Jul 14, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE:

you came to a Nigerian forum with a signature like Nigeria owns us 300,000 km of land
do u have respect at all? see this french muppet

we gave u bakassi, now you still want more . 2 years ago your stupid, corrupt government tried to claim obudu cattle ranch
i guess you guys wanna claim the whole of calabar until you are satisfied

all this just goes down 2 envy and greed of nigeria's abundant natural resources
its things like this that make us hate cameroonians. .don't ever say we hate u because its you guys that go looking for trouble
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 14, 2012
onila:

you guys are so patriotic then y cant u remove paul biya and his corrupt government out

Ghana can do a better job for us . .Ghana has shown the world they are the most patriotic and the most organized country in Africa. they will have better ideas for Nigeria. you cant help someone when your house is on fire undecided
i don't know where you are going with that but anyway i'm not here to bash a country...Cameroon in fire i didn't know that ....please give me a break Ghana is having an economic boom but i don't think is a reason to lick their ass......we are talking about military stuff and there is no comparison between ghana army and cameroon army we are 20 years ahead....i keep asking you guys to give me your criteria to judge a country? ...for the case Biya do you understand french? i post something about him on this thread look it up ...Cameroonians are not trying to remove him we are waiting his death the man does not worth a war or a riot he lived his live(h is 82years) why 17y.o and etc should die for him when they can simply wait 6 more years you can't understand we do not have the same mentality....so you have three questions what are your criteria to judge a country? ....do you understand french? and are you even nigerian because you keep talking about ghana like if it was the heaven on earth you must me Ghanaian don't have a problem with hat tho
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by BlackBaron: 2:07pm On Jul 14, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: you are the typical Nigerian who only like anglophone...
SmoothCriminal is not Nigerian.

The first aftershock after joinng would be the typical Nigerian invasion. Truckloads of tens of thousands of Nigerian with their ECOWAS passports smiling gleefully and demanding free unrestricted access to Cameroon.
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by onila(f): 2:14pm On Jul 14, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: i don't know where you are going with that but anyway i'm not here to bash a country...Cameroon in fire i didn't know that ....please give me a break Ghana is having an economic boom but i don't think is a reason to lick their ass......we are talking about military stuff and there is no comparison between ghana army and cameroon army we are 20 years ahead....i keep asking you guys to give me your criteria to judge a country? ...for the case Biya do you understand french? i post something about him on this thread look it up ...Cameroonians are not trying to remove him we are waiting his death the man does not worth a war or a riot he lived his live(h is 82years) why 17y.o and etc should die for him when they can simply wait 6 more years you can't understand we do not have the same mentality....so you have three questions what are your criteria to judge a country? ....do you understand french? and are you even nigerian because you keep talking about ghana like if it was the heaven on earth you must me Ghanaian don't have a problem with hat tho

you guys are waiting for him 2 die grin comic relief! many cameroonians today don't have access 2 good health care, schools etc . .what if he lives for another 5 years

I am not Ghanaian but we all know ghana is the best governed country in Africa
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 14, 2012
onila:

you came to a Nigerian forum with a signature like Nigeria owns us 300,000 km of land
do u have respect at all? see these french muppet

we gave u bakassi, now you still want more . 2 years ago your stupid, corrupt government tried to claim obudu cattle ranch
i guess you guys wanna claim the whole of calabar until you are satisfied

all this just goes down 2 envy and greed of nigeria's abundant natural resources
ts things like this that make us hate cameroonians. .don't ever say we hate us because its you guys that go looking for trouble
i couldn't imagine that my signature could bother someone ....but it's the truth i have proofs and facts... i just want to make it clear i respect everybody who deserve respect so far i have never made a bad comments about nigeri or nigerians or even another country ..you have my topics and my comments to verify it....french muppet or puppet don't know where you coming up with that you are simply insulting nigerians lawyers and others officers and who recognized without any pressure that Bakassi belongs to Cameroon... my corrupt government each year Nigeriais ranked 1stin the list of corrupted countries so clean your own backyard do not make a confusion with historic fact and greed ...you own us 300 000 km square period i'm not here to make your education use your internet to useful things.. "We" this we stand for who assume your anger and your hate i really doubt that nigerians hate Cameroonians or even Cameroon if it's true why do we have 5millions of nigerians in Cameroon when i'm not even sure that you have more than 500cameroonians in nigeria.. Nigeria resources please don't make me laugh if you were a little bit clever you could have checked who is cameroon in terms of natural resources before posting this nasty comment....we have nothing to envy to anybody on this earth ...Cameroon looking for troubles? this is very new we don't even what troubles are ..to conclude Cameroon and Nigeria are neighbors even if we do not share the same languages/culture we must learn to love each other and fight for africa instead of bashing each other country. peace .. i came here to learn about my neighbors's minds and thoughts not to bash someone or insult someone...and if it can please you Nigerian and Ghana are the best countries in the world Cameroon is jus a 1/3 world country....now can we go back to the thread ..even if it appears that you failed to bring something useful to this thread ...sorry for my english i hope you will understand..i'm not here for war..

1 Like

Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2012
onila:

you guys are waiting for him 2 die grin comic relief! many cameroonians today don't have access 2 good health care, schools etc . .what if he lives for another 5 years

I am not Ghanaian but we all know ghana is the best governed country in Africa
listen clear fully there is no opposition in Cameroon ..they are so divided that they can't reunite people even in their own organizations ..you may dislike Biya form the outside buy you are clearly not ruled by him....so don't talkabot what you don't know the day someone will come with a true program instead of those Biya must go i'm sure Cameroonian will elect him...the same goes to nigeria with his multitude of presidents dwhere is nigeria in term of health care.schools.....by the Cameroon has the highest rate of literacy in Africa 75%in 2010 like i said maybe you should try to learn about your neighbor instead of doing like everything is good nigeria ..srry to bust your bubble but isn't it in Nigeria that a chief officer freed boko haram members because they give him some bribes....mon frere my presence here is not to bash a country okay? Nigeria is the paradise Ghana the heaven and Cameron the hell on earth do you feel good now?

1 Like

Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 14, 2012
BlackBaron:
SmoothCriminal is not Nigerian.

The first aftershock after joinng would be the typical Nigerian invasion. Truckloads of tens of thousands of Nigerian with their ECOWAS passports smiling gleefully and demanding free unrestricted access to Cameroon.
wow really maybe to stop such things we have to make all countries which are member a better place to live so their population will stay in their own countrry and only industries and companies will move ..i mean if a guy like dangote invest in Cameroon and create jobs in Cameroon it's good it will make money and help cameroonian another guys like fotso or mukete can do the same in ghana/nigeria/senegal/benin etc .the movement of populations in not the best thing to do ....just look at the european union you don't see british moving to french etc..
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by onila(f): 3:02pm On Jul 14, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: i couldn't imagine that my signature could bother someone ....but it's the truth i have proofs and facts... i just want to make it clear i respect everybody who deserve respect so far i have never made a bad comments about nigeri or nigerians or even another country ..you have my topics and my comments to verify it....french muppet or puppet don't know where you coming up with that you are simply insulting nigerians lawyers and others officers and who recognized without any pressure that Bakassi belongs to Cameroon... my corrupt government each year Nigeriais ranked 1stin the list of corrupted countries so clean your own backyard do not make a confusion with historic fact and greed ...you own us 300 000 km square period i'm not here to make your education use your internet to useful things.. "We" this we stand for who assume your anger and your hate i really doubt that nigerians hate Cameroonians or even Cameroon if it's true why do we have 5millions of nigerians in Cameroon when i'm not even sure that you have more than 500cameroonians in nigeria.. Nigeria resources please don't make me laugh if you were a little bit clever you could have checked who is cameroon in terms of natural resources before posting this nasty comment....we have nothing to envy to anybody on this earth ...Cameroon looking for troubles? this is very new we don't even what troubles are ..to conclude Cameroon and Nigeria are neighbors even if we do not share the same languages/culture we must learn to love each other and fight for africa instead of bashing each other country. peace .. i came here to learn about my neighbors's minds and thoughts not to bash someone or insult someone...and if it can please you Nigerian and Ghana are the best countries in the world Cameroon is jus a 1/3 world country....now can we go back to the thread ..even if it appears that you failed to bring something useful to this thread ...sorry for my english i hope you will understand..i'm not here for war..

how do we owe you land? I hrd some parts of cameroon back in the day went to gabon, central African republic and Nigeria
why dont you guys claim part of Gabon's or central African republic land? just because Nigeria has large oil reserves

bakassi is a very sensitive issue. the southern western cameroonians and the calabar had very good reasons why they believe its there land
Nigerians have not recovered from the trauma of loosing Bakassi, which were are still able to recover from.

It doesn't matter what the history books or the UN says this time. If Cameroun makes any more silly claims the Nigerian army should be sent to occupy the Western half of Cameroun. claiming more of Nigeria's land is the worst thing cameroon government can do at the moment

if nigerians and cameroonians are so called brothers as you claim undecided why didnt cameroon and nigeria jointly exploit the bakassi like what gabon and equatorial Guinea did when they had oil land issues

the Nigerians living in Cameroon. Majority of them are Igbo business men. Trust me these igbo men dont have good things to say about cameroon

they say cameroonians avoid and discriminate Nigerian business men (envy). even tho most of the private businesses in cameroon are owned by Igbo Nigerian men tongue
cameroonian officials also over tax and exhort money from Nigerians just because they are Nigerians. .

Nigerian men will tell you they prefer living in Ghana or ivory coast than cameroon
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by onila(f): 3:14pm On Jul 14, 2012
Formerly Cameroon used to hae 700 000 km in the whole territory but some part of Cameroon gone to Nigeria, Chad, Gabon and even Congo

Re: Ecowas New Member?? by SmoothCrim: 3:23pm On Jul 14, 2012
Lets be honest Cameroon has waged a war on a West African country and is a French puppet state. When they come I see them bringing French politics into the region which after years of hard work seems to be fading. Why add 20 million more black French men who will try to convince Ivory Coast, Senegal, Benin etc etc that they have more in common because of who colonized them. At best we should be trying to lessen the impact of these old colonial countries in Africa not increasing them. ECOWAS is the strongest and most united region in Africa. SADC is just on paper. The East African community is weak. Arab Maghreb Union is divided and weak and ECOCAS(Economic community of CENTRAL African states) is useless. Maybe only the proper African Union can rival ECOWAS. To make it stronger the countries in it now have to work together to solve the issues the region has now. This is not the time to be adding potential spoilers! If they join it will most certainly be because their French masters have asked them to join and destabilize the region so that there is no strong region in Africa!!

So, the answer is no because,

1) Historically Cameroon is not a West African country
2) The risk is higher than the reward
3) They have a history of aggression against West African states and calling their French masters to do the dirty work for them

NO NO NO!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 14, 2012
onila:

how do we owe you land? I hrd some parts of cameroon back in the day went to gabon, central African republic and Nigeria
why dont you guys claim part of Gabon's or central African republic land? just because Nigeria has large oil reserves

bakassi is a very sensitive issue. the southern western cameroonians and the calabar had very good reasons why they believe its there land
Nigerians have not recovered from the trauma of loosing Bakassi, which were are still able to recover from.

It doesn't matter what the history books or the UN says this time. If Cameroun makes any more silly claims the Nigerian army should be sent to occupy the Western half of Cameroun.

if nigerians and cameroonians are so called brothers as you claim undecided why didnt cameroon and nigeria jointly exploit the bakassi like what gabon and equatorial Guinea did when they had oil land issues

the Nigerians living in Cameroon. Majority of them are Igbo business men. Trust me these igbo men dont have good things to say about cameroon

they say cameroonians avoid and discriminate Nigerian business men (envy). even tho most of the private businesses in cameroon are owned by Igbo Nigerian men tongue
cameroonian officials also over tax and exhort money from Nigerians just because they are Nigerians. .

Nigerian men will tell you they prefer living in Ghana or ivory coast than cameroon
like i said you really don't know Cameroon igbo own what? the igbo in Cameroon work in garage owned by cameroonian ....by the way i doubt you know all the +5millions of nigerians so i can't trust what you are saying but if they dislike cameroon why they don't leave ..i don't get it.....so you agree with me that you own us land ..so why are you angry just give it back..i don't know in which planet you live but here on earth we care about U.N and historic books......and don't try to fool us we are not oblige to exploit our ressource with nigeria but we are brothers with different views and opinions.....you do not understand the context of gabon and guinea problem which is very different from Cameroon and nigeria by the way guess who was the mediator? Cameroon.
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by onila(f): 3:29pm On Jul 14, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: listen clear fully there is no opposition in Cameroon ..they are so divided that they can't reunite people even in their own organizations ..you may dislike Biya form the outside buy you are clearly not ruled by him....so don't talkabot what you don't know the day someone will come with a true program instead of those Biya must go i'm sure Cameroonian will elect him...the same goes to nigeria with his multitude of presidents dwhere is nigeria in term of health care.schools.....by the Cameroon has the highest rate of literacy in Africa 75%in 2010 like i said maybe you should try to learn about your neighbor instead of doing like everything is good nigeria ..srry to bust your bubble but isn't it in Nigeria that a chief officer freed boko haram members because they give him some bribes....mon frere my presence here is not to bash a country okay? Nigeria is the paradise Ghana the heaven and Cameron the hell on earth do you feel good now?

cameroon does not have the highest literacy rate in Africa shocked. .even Nigeria is way higher. .trust me I know about my dear neighbour really well
the countries in Africa that have the highest literacy rate in Africa are zimbabwe, kenya, zaire, equatorial guinea n botswana
Cameroon literacy used to be high before but since that clown paul biya took over=cameroon has gone down the drain. .

Anyways if cameroon wanna join ecowas no problem but i think the cameroonian government wld rather prefer 2 be in CEMAC!
last time i checked Nairaland cameroon nayah said cameroon are proudly central africans and dont want anything to do with west africa
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2012
SmoothCrim: Lets be honest Cameroon has waged a war on a West African country and is a French puppet state. When they come I see them bringing French politics into the region which after years of hard work seems to be fading. Why add 20 million more black French men who will try to convince Ivory Coast, Senegal, Benin etc etc that they have more in common because of who colonized them. At best we should be trying to lessen the impact of these old colonial countries in Africa not increasing them. ECOWAS is the strongest and most united region in Africa. SADC is just on paper. The East African community is weak. Arab Maghreb Union is divided and weak and ECOCAS(Economic community of CENTRAL African states) is useless. Maybe only the proper African Union can rival ECOWAS. To make it stronger the countries in it now have to work together to solve the issues the region has now. This is not the time to be adding potential spoilers! If they join it will most certainly be because their French masters have asked them to join and destabilize the region so that there is no strong region in Africa!!

3) They have a history of aggression against West African states and calling their French masters to do the dirty work for them

wake up smoothcriminal it's the morning .....please abeg don't make me laugh if countries like Mali/Benin/togo are in ECOWAS could you tell me why can join you ...you clearly have a bad image of Cameroon and Cameroonians i don't know why but my dear colonization is ended ...Cameroon is not the Muppet or puppet of any western country... historically Cameroon is not W.A country 50years agothere was no country called Cameroon i don't where/who made your history but i think we are free to chose where we want to go...Ecowas is not doing so great the incompetence of Ecowas is hided beause NIGERIA GHANA and Ivory coast are doing good maybe we can add Senegal ....but the biggest revenue per citizen in Africa are in Central Africa Gabon with the highest then Equatorial guinea...
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2012
SmoothCrim: Lets be honest Cameroon has waged a war on a West African country and is a French puppet state. When they come I see them bringing French politics into the region which after years of hard work seems to be fading. Why add 20 million more black French men who will try to convince Ivory Coast, Senegal, Benin etc etc that they have more in common because of who colonized them. At best we should be trying to lessen the impact of these old colonial countries in Africa not increasing them. ECOWAS is the strongest and most united region in Africa. SADC is just on paper. The East African community is weak. Arab Maghreb Union is divided and weak and ECOCAS(Economic community of CENTRAL African states) is useless. Maybe only the proper African Union can rival ECOWAS. To make it stronger the countries in it now have to work together to solve the issues the region has now. This is not the time to be adding potential spoilers! If they join it will most certainly be because their French masters have asked them to join and destabilize the region so that there is no strong region in Africa!!

wake up smoothcriminal it's the morning .....please abeg don't make me laugh if countries like Mali/Benin/togo are in ECOWAS could you tell me why can join you ...you clearly have a bad image of Cameroon and Cameroonians i don't know why but my dear colonization is ended ...Cameroon is not the Muppet or puppet of any western country... historically Cameroon is not W.A country 50years agothere was no country called Cameroon i don't where/who made your history but i think we are free to chose where we want to go...Ecowas is not doing so great the incompetence of Ecowas is hided beause NIGERIA GHANA and Ivory coast are doing good maybe we can add Senegal ....but the biggest revenue per citizen in Africa are in Central Africa Gabon with the highest then Equatorial guinea...
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by onila(f): 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: like i said you really don't know Cameroon igbo own what? the igbo in Cameroon work in garage owned by cameroonian ....by the way i doubt you know all the +5millions of nigerians so i can't trust what you are saying but if they dislike cameroon why they don't leave ..i don't get it.....so you agree with me that you own us land ..so why are you angry just give it back..i don't know in which planet you live but here on earth we care about U.N and historic books......and don't try to fool us we are not oblige to exploit our ressource with nigeria but we are brothers with different views and opinions.....you do not understand the context of gabon and guinea problem which is very different from Cameroon and nigeria by the way guess who was the mediator? Cameroon.

Nigerians are survivors looking for money everywhere. the Nigerians in cameroon are just managing cameroon undecided. .many igbo men are going thru hell with cameroon corrupt police men and wicked people.

Nigerians have not recovered from loosing bakassi. claiming more of our land will destroy the future relationship with cameroon
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Mandelaguy(m): 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2012
We once had something with northern Cameroun and it was not bad. Cameroun can bring something good to the stable if they are really keen on joining ecowas. What ecowas is all about is strengthening economic and military ties and elevating the sub region......so it is not a bad idea. I will vote YES!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidency Rejects Removal Of Immunity Clause / Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo / ISWAP Attacks Askira Uba, Borno Deputy Speaker’s Hometown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.