Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,032 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Ecowas New Member?? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ecowas New Member?? (11139 Views)

Seun New Member Enquiring About Sponsored Post On Home Page / Biafra: Kanu Drags Buhari To ECOWAS Court / Advice Frm A New Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ecowas New Member?? by SmoothCrim: 1:48am On Jul 15, 2012
It was a joke
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Obiagu1(m): 2:49am On Jul 15, 2012
This is still a debate, is Cameroon in West or Central Africa? Personally, Cameroon is a West African country and has been referred as such by the Western media.
I wonder why they are not in Ecowas.
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by PaulJohn1: 3:13am On Jul 15, 2012
@cameroonpride or whatever you call your name, I like the way you handle those folks claiming to be Nigerians, which I doubt.

You saying Cameroon is not a frenchpupet is not certain. 'Cause I learnt you guys export Cocoa to France dayin-dayout without charges, all in the name of them being your colonial master. Although Cameroon is not the only France colonized country that is having this probs, I think it's even worst in Cote d voir. My sibling who just returned from the place said their key asset is being managed by the french.

Joining Ecowas is a good idea, but I think Camero would benefit more if they join ECOWAS compared to what Nigeria will gain. It will be more beneficial to Cameroon if they're English speaking country, example of this is Ghana. Ghana improved drastically virtually in all sector, from movie industry to music industry. You'll notice this from Africamagic movies. Before, Africamagic was only known for Nollywood, but ghana joined the league due to the 9ja influence. Also, economically Ghana has benefit from 9ja under the umbrella of ECOWAS.
Cameroons idea of joining Ecowas is a good one, but I'll want to know if Cameroon would withdraw from other regional organization like that of the central africa..... Whatever, to avoid double standard.
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Musiwa2: 3:40am On Jul 15, 2012
gr
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 5:53am On Jul 15, 2012
SmoothCrim: It was a joke
we clearly have a different culture i didn't take it as a joke sorry.
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by onila(f): 6:02am On Jul 15, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: we clearly have a different culture i didn't take it as a joke sorry.
grin

ghanaians can be cocky. .they think dey invented politics in Africa cheesy
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by SmoothCrim: 6:18am On Jul 15, 2012
Paul John: @cameroonpride or whatever you call your name, I like the way you handle those folks claiming to be Nigerians, which I doubt.

You saying Cameroon is not a frenchpupet is not certain. 'Cause I learnt you guys export Cocoa to France dayin-dayout without charges, all in the name of them being your colonial master. Although Cameroon is not the only France colonized country that is having this probs, I think it's even worst in Cote d voir. My sibling who just returned from the place said their key asset is being managed by the french.

Joining Ecowas is a good idea, but I think Camero would benefit more if they join ECOWAS compared to what Nigeria will gain. It will be more beneficial to Cameroon if they're English speaking country, example of this is Ghana. Ghana improved drastically virtually in all sector, from movie industry to music industry. You'll notice this from Africamagic movies. Before, Africamagic was only known for Nollywood, but ghana joined the league due to the 9ja influence. Also, economically Ghana has benefit from 9ja under the umbrella of ECOWAS.
Cameroons idea of joining Ecowas is a good one, but I'll want to know if Cameroon would withdraw from other regional organization like that of the central africa..... Whatever, to avoid double standard.

exaggerated lies. Ghana has not benefited at all! If anything it brought numerous Nigerian criminals to Ghana who we DEALT WITH lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin

stop the exagerated nonsense!! grin grin grin

Nigeria can't even provide an umbrella for all Nigerians let alone another country! Get over yourself before I put you in your place!!

Cameroon is in Central Africa and should stay there!!
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by SmoothCrim: 6:18am On Jul 15, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: we clearly have a different culture i didn't take it as a joke sorry.

Relax, life is short why take everything so seriously grin grin grin grin
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by SmoothCrim: 6:19am On Jul 15, 2012
onila:
grin

ghanaians can be cocky. .they think dey invented politics in Africa cheesy

Ghana invented everything in West Africa! Everyone owes us BIG!!!
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Afam4eva(m): 7:44am On Jul 15, 2012
So much delusions on this thread.
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 15, 2012
Paul John: @cameroonpride or whatever you call your name, I like the way you handle those folks claiming to be Nigerians, which I doubt.

someone banned me and hided my reply....i will make it short this time..before leaving french managed to make accords with Ahidjo most of them have a duration of+40 years .....that's why some french companies are still present in Cameroon ...however Biya manged to diversify our foreign investors chinese/usa/etc..and french are only in our rail transport and share the exploitation of the port of douala with the government(it's the group bollore).....this pain in our azz come from the colonization i guess you know that the way french and british managed their colonies was totally different british used the indirect rule(the use local chief to represent them) french used the direct rule( no local chief in the gestion of affairs) from outside you can say we are their puppet but trust me french doesn't have any influence on Cameroon...for the industry movies i'm sorry it won't be easy because Cameroon has his own industry and sincerely your movies are just boring (too much sorcery witchcraft /bloodsucking blood money...and people who leave their villages and become suddenly rich(really?)...ahaha Cameroonian don't like it...maybe anglophone ...but they represent nothing the great/wealthier consumers are francophone....) but for music don't worry Cameroonian listen everything good ...(P-square don tom /2face ..../even coupe-decale with arafat) .we are very open mind..i would like to make it clear if we join Ecowas it's not to be under the domination of a country.. Cameroon is already a bilingual country ...so nigeria have to do the same put french in your social life in government offices and T.Vnews so that people will become used to that...my english is not perfect but i understand and i can hold a conversation in english but i'm not sure a nigerian or a ghanaian can do the same in french ...i heard you tried that but it failed....when you will learn french you will stop watching your movies to watch ours(lol) our artists are good and our comedy stand up show are just great....we have a lot the share but this language barrier make us look like enemies.i hope you are not angry i don't bash your movies.but it's just a minority who like it. Cameroon will try to exist from all Cemac organizations but it won't be easy because the majority of cemac offices/buildings are in Cameroon(everything except the complex and resort where presidents meet annually) and chad pipeline pass through cameroon to use our port/ chad/rca/congo don't have an access to the ocean so we can't get rid of them we will always trade with those guys or they will simply die of famine . Gabon agriculture is archaic guinea doesn't have one....in other words Cameroon can leave cemac which is actually useless for us but we will keep trading with them i guess it's not forbidden in Ecowas to trade and deal with non members
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 15, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Relax, life is short why take everything so seriously grin grin grin grin
i have to admit that in Cameroon calling someone dog or drunkard is not seen as a joke anyway....we are here to chill
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 15, 2012
SmoothCrim:

exaggerated lies. Ghana has not benefited at all! If anything it brought numerous Nigerian criminals to Ghana who we DEALT WITH lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin

stop the exagerated nonsense!! grin grin grin

Nigeria can't even provide an umbrella for all Nigerians let alone another country! Get over yourself before I put you in your place!!

Cameroon is in Central Africa and should stay there!!
Cameroon is in West Africa and will join Ecowas soon if Gabon and Guinea keep blocking the regional integration by not applying the passport cemac
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Obiagu1(m): 6:41pm On Jul 15, 2012
^^^

Is the government of Cameroon actually planning to join Ecowas or is it just your wish?
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by SmoothCrim: 6:44pm On Jul 15, 2012
Obiagu1: ^^^

Is the government of Cameroon actually planning to join Ecowas or is it just your wish?

He came here thinking we would be begging him to join and when we rejected him he is crying girly tears!!! Cameroon will never join West Africa because then, why not add all of Central Africa to West Africa?? WE already have something called the African Union!!!! Either way it is historically not a west African country!

I think his main complaints is countries in Central Africa with small populations and a lot of oil don't want free movement within that region because, they are worried that Cameroonians and Congolese will overrun their country and "ruin" the demographics while marginalizing the DISTINCT ethnic groups that have traditionally occupied those lands. That is what this is all about!!
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 15, 2012
Obiagu1: ^^^

NOt the central government but several economists wrote a thread and letters to the president ......and we citizen are just pissed off by what gabonese and guinean do
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 15, 2012
SmoothCrim:

He came here thinking we would be begging him to join and when we rejected him he is crying girly tears!!! Cameroon will never join West Africa because then, why not add all of Central Africa to West Africa?? WE already have something called the African Union!!!! Either way it is historically not a west African country!

I think his main complaints is countries in Central Africa with small populations and a lot of oil don't want free movement within that region because, they are worried that Cameroonians and Congolese will overrun their country and "ruin" the demographics while marginalizing the DISTINCT ethnic groups that have traditionally occupied those lands. That is what this is all about!!
Cameroon will never beg someone for something ...abeg wake up....we are a dominant force in this continent especially in central and west Africa...since it's acknowledged that trades can't stop even if you don't belong to any organizations our geographical position make us impossible to avoid.... furthermore our 30millions people are just a market that nobody can't neglect ...stop fooling yourself ...i'm not asking the permission to a single Ghanaian or even to ghana ......i'm more interested by what nigerian think if we will easily get along ...period..and so far i think they are cool.and not against
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 15, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Cameroon will never beg someone for something ...abeg wake up....we are a dominant force in this continent especially in central and west Africa...since it's acknowledged that trades can't stop even if you don't belong to any organizations our geographical position make us impossible to avoid.... furthermore our 30millions people are just a market that nobody can't neglect ...stop fooling yourself ...i'm not asking the permission to a single Ghanaian or even to ghana ......i'm more interested by what nigerian think if we will easily get along ...period..and so far i think they are cool.and not against
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 15, 2012
SmoothCrim:

first intelligent comment ...they are pissing me off.. eveif without our companies they are nothing...gabonese are/were lazy...cameroonian are teachers /doctors/taximen/traders and businessmen in Gabon. since they found oil they refuse any access to their zone even if you hve your cemac passport you are racketed by the police and you pay too much taxes...without forget the violence and the hostility of their population ....same with guinea where it's more difficult because they speak spanish ...so Cemac is just boring...we furnish them with everything without benefits..in others words they are acting ghanaian(just kidding)..they say we are arrogant even if we have all the reason to be arrogant i think we are just dynamic
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2012
Obiagu1: This is still a debate, is Cameroon in West or Central Africa? Personally, Cameroon is a West African country and has been referred as such by the Western media.
I wonder why they are not in Ecowas.
tell this to @smoothcrim tell him ohh i tried
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by SmoothCrim: 2:17am On Jul 16, 2012
I am opposed to letting Central Africans in West Africa. Even Nigeria is not a pure West African country but, 10 percent Central grin grin grin THere is a difference between West Africa and WESTERN Africa. Cameroon is in Western Africa but, not West Africa.

Look up the difference cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

What I find funny is this slowpoke thinks Cameroon would be relevant in West Africa. It would be just another country and nothing special in West Africa. In central Africa it is different! As I already said, if I was the leader in Cameroon I would join West Africa since the regions economy is heading toward 1 trillion dollars on purchasing power parity but, it seems once you join one region you are stuck there. Lastly the countries in West Africa are not fully integrated and what is preventing its full integration is too much French mentality rather than an African mentality! I don't think adding Cameroon would help that but, rather make the region entrench this thinking which I believe is now only starting to get erased(albeit slowly)... So, the simple answer is NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 3:00am On Jul 16, 2012
SmoothCrim: I am opposed to letting Central Africans in West Africa. Even Nigeria is not a pure West African country but, 10 percent Central grin grin grin THere is a difference between West Africa and WESTERN Africa. Cameroon is in Western Africa but, not West Africa.

Look up the difference cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

What I find funny is this slowpoke thinks Cameroon would be relevant in West Africa. It would be just another country and nothing special in West Africa. In central Africa it is different! As I already said, if I was the leader in Cameroon I would join West Africa since the regions economy is heading toward 1 trillion dollars on purchasing power parity but, it seems once you join one region you are stuck there. Lastly the countries in West Africa are not fully integrated and what is preventing its full integration is too much French mentality rather than an African mentality! I don't think adding Cameroon would help that but, rather make the region entrench this thinking which I believe is now only starting to get erased(albeit slowly)... So, the simple answer is NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! grin grin grin grin
don't know if i must call you tribalist or racist whatever....look up at the number ..Cameroon will be very relevant more than benin/senegal/gambia etc..even more than ghana .....the fact are there with +20years of bad governance cameroon is still a great country on this continent ..with all our problems with have one of the highest gdp per capital and nominal,,,,french mentality? uhuh we didn't chose the people who colonize my country tho cameroon has never been a colony ....anyway don't why you are so against ......can you give me a true argument instead of your so called french-mentality ?
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 3:01am On Jul 16, 2012
only a slowpoke can recognize another slowpoke....mind that
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by ektbear: 3:20am On Jul 16, 2012
The price for admittance to Ecowas is 500,000 nubile women.

So yeah, Cameroon can join, so long as it pays the fee grin
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by SmoothCrim: 3:28am On Jul 16, 2012
SmoothCrim: Here is the newest Data on the economies

Nigeria
http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2012/01/weodata/weorept.aspx?pr.x=21&pr.y=3&sy=2009&ey=2012&scsm=1&ssd=1&sort=country&ds=.&br=1&c=694&s=NGDPD%2CNGDPDPC%2CPPPGDP%2CPPPPC%2CLP&grp=0&a=

Ghana
http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2012/01/weodata/weorept.aspx?pr.x=67&pr.y=13&sy=2009&ey=2012&scsm=1&ssd=1&sort=country&ds=.&br=1&c=652&s=NGDPD%2CNGDPDPC%2CPPPGDP%2CPPPPC%2CLP&grp=0&a=

Cameroon

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2012/01/weodata/weorept.aspx?pr.x=39&pr.y=9&sy=2009&ey=2012&scsm=1&ssd=1&sort=country&ds=.&br=1&c=622&s=NGDPD%2CNGDPDPC%2CPPPGDP%2CPPPPC%2CLP&grp=0&a=

Ivory Coast

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2012/01/weodata/weorept.aspx?pr.x=73&pr.y=8&sy=2009&ey=2012&scsm=1&ssd=1&sort=country&ds=.&br=1&c=662&s=NGDPD%2CNGDPDPC%2CPPPGDP%2CPPPPC%2CLP&grp=0&a=

Senegal

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2012/01/weodata/weorept.aspx?pr.x=36&pr.y=16&sy=2009&ey=2012&scsm=1&ssd=1&sort=country&ds=.&br=1&c=722&s=NGDPD%2CNGDPDPC%2CPPPGDP%2CPPPPC%2CLP&grp=0&a=

Stop posting Central African data of small countries. What will give you a good idea is the Human development index. The human development index(HDI) tells you more than anything else because it factors in everything.

Cameroon would add something but, the answer is still NO NO NO!!! wink tongue shocked shocked shocked

Here is the economic situation today...

Once again, how will Cameroon be more relevant?

It brings nothing new to the table. It is at the same level as Ivory Coast but, Ivory Coast is a proper West African country with deep roots in the region!!

Cameroons roots are in Central Africa.

What annoys me most about you is your unearned arrogance and the belief that the region would be interested in Cameroon. The answer is a resounding NO! Lastly you have insulted many proper West African countries to try to make your case namely, Senegal, Benin etc etc. These are very important West African countries to us and to have the audacity to insult them shows you will not fit into the region!! You can't insult your way in!!! grin grin grin grin

Cameroon is not a West African country to begin with but, a central African country in the Western part of Africa and to take it you have to take about 5 central African countries with it. Give West Africa a chance to form a real region rather than adding new members before creating something grin grin grin grin West Africa still needs to be integrated(respectfully of course), promote democracy, fight terrorism and other ills. Why add a dictatorship to the region? tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin

As I said, this discussion is a waste of time because it will never happen.
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by SmoothCrim: 3:30am On Jul 16, 2012
ekt_bear: The price for admittance to Ecowas is 500,000 nubile women.

Free movement for the women is that what you are saying?? grin grin grin grin
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 3:50am On Jul 16, 2012
SmoothCrim:

It brings nothing new to the table. It is at the same level as Ivory Coast but, Ivory Coast is a proper West African country with deep roots in the region!!

What annoys me most about you is your unearned arrogance and the belief that the region would be interested in Cameroon. The answer is a resounding NO! Lastly you have insulted many proper West African countries to try to make your case namely, Senegal, Benin etc etc. These are very important West African countries to us and to have the audacity to insult them shows you will not fit into the region!! You can't insult your way in!!! grin grin grin grin

Cameroon is not a West African country to begin with but, a central African country in the Western part of Africa and to take it you have to take about 5 central African countries with it. Give West Africa a chance to form a real region rather than adding new members before creating something grin grin grin grin West Africa still needs to be integrated(respectfully of course), promote democracy, fight terrorism and other ills. Why add a dictatorship to the region? tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin

stop twisting my comments i didn't insult a country here ....my comment is clear in term of eonmy /military power/population etc benin gambia etc can't compete with cameroon it's a fact not an insult.....i had an uncle who lived in benin..and many senegalese live in Cameroon ...so i can't insult them....okay since you are the one who decide who join Ecowas can you tell me what ghana brought in ecowas? we are not a central African country ....we are a west african country nothing less nothing more
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 3:53am On Jul 16, 2012
ekt_bear: The price for admittance to Ecowas is 500,000 nubile women.

really ? maybe we should join first then with your free ecowas passport you cwill come here and make your moves. deal?
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by ektbear: 3:56am On Jul 16, 2012
deal
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by SmoothCrim: 3:59am On Jul 16, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: stop twisting my comments i didn't insult a country here ....my comment is clear in term of eonmy /military power/population etc benin gambia etc can't compete with cameroon it's a fact not an insult.....i had an uncle who lived in benin..and many senegalese live in Cameroon ...so i can't insult them....okay since you are the one who decide who join Ecowas can you tell me what ghana brought in ecowas? we are not a central African country ....we are a west african country nothing less nothing more

Prove to me that Cameroon is more West Africa than Central and I will leave you alone...

Once again get Ghana out of your smelly mouth. It is an insult to keep it there grin grin grin Cameroon is NOT a West African country!! If you really want an answer a simplified form is Ghana gave West Africa everything!!
Re: Ecowas New Member?? by Nobody: 4:07am On Jul 16, 2012
SmoothCrim:

so far you are the only one who is arrogant..saying cameroon presence in ecowas will be irrevelant how do you call it? can you tell me what have you achieved so great that others can do..like i said before if ghana is doing well it's an opportunity for everybody to take example and do the same ...ghana economic boom doesn't give you the right to bash others be cocky and arrogant.....you posted some links here did you even read them ....if yes was i wrong by saying that benin gambia can't compete i don't think so...we are not here to lie or please someone you didn't see me list nigeria cause i know that in term of economy they are wealthier even ghana is wealthier but we are not far from you with your so good governance and democracy you are not very far from us ...Cameroon with all his problems (bad governance and etc.. compete and crush ghana) it's good to be proud of your country or of your region but you didn't give any good reasons and this show that you have a personal problem with Cameroon/cameroonians.by the way i told you that this thread is to see if nigerians think we can get easily along ..with bakassi stuff some years ago i thought some will refuse but unfortunately it's a ghanaian who has never been in Cameroon probably has never met a cameroonian but is the first to badmouth on us....5years ago where was ghana....never forget that our continent is weak and this hate against us won't help. in term of dictatorship: ghana had dictators and nigeria also ..people and country change Cameroon is facing what others faced before us ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Hope For Railway Resurrection- Washington Post / Presidency Rejects Removal Of Immunity Clause / Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke: SERAP To UK Govt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.