Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ (8960 Views)

Buhari Will Collapse Before Election "Ghanaian Prophet" / 2015: Nigeria will collapse if Jonathan fail to win the Presidency- Ifeduba / Nigeria Will Collapse Without PDP - Bode George (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by chucky234(m): 12:45pm On Jul 18, 2012
Billyonaire: PDP = Power2dPeople!; The most populous party in Africa, the Assembly of Best Brains, The Party with Nationalistic view. PDP is the greatest thing to happen to Nigeria. The opposition parties are just regional militia driven by fraudulent godfathers, but PDP, is for the people. We rule, while others follow.
Billy why did you chose display your dead brain cells in public nah,PDP the greatest thing to happen to Nigeria? I can see you are battling with strange illness that's affecting your sense of reasoning.
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by Beaf1: 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2012
kiss

Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by Gbawe: 12:50pm On Jul 18, 2012
D-Explorer:

Mr. Man, that's the trend in that party you're rooting for. A make-believe 1st term to earn the 2nd by "white-wash" as you stated. Why not think more of the horrible 2nd term people endures. Mr. President's comment is pure truth and quiet obvious and admitted by unbiased Nigerians.

Which "unbiased Nigerians"? The ones who only see PDP moving Nigeria towards imminent "collapse" via the insecurity, misrule and hideous corruption they abet with opportunistic callousness? How many Governors has the PDP produced since 1999 and how many , as a percentage, have been ultra-woeful? Do the statistics and inspect the awful ratio.

If democracy means "winning" election and then pretending to lead while you actually loot, then certainly PDP takes the prize. As per how many Nigerians have had their fundamental thinking and reasoning bastardized , I am certainly not surprised you and some "unbiased Nigerians" think the PDP represent "democracy". It just shows Nigeria is an aberration that tends to give its own warped interpretations to things.

Look below to see what others ,actually decent practitioners of democracy as designed, think of the PDP. While you see "democrats", the rest of the world, commenting solely on what is on the ground, see only opportunists Vultures,Hyenas and plunderers.

http://ekens-orlu1..co.uk/

American official says PDP is not a party

March 21, 2011 01:28PM

The United States does not consider the ruling Peoples’ Democratic Party a political party, a US diplomatic cable leaked to the whistleblowing site, Wikileaks, and made exclusively available to NEXT has shown.
Charge d’ affaires of the US embassy in Nigeria, Lisa Piascik, in a dispatch dated October 19, 2007, informed Washington that despite its labelling as a political party, the PDP did not meet “the common western understanding” of a political party.
According to Ms. Piascik, the PDP “lacks key ingredients most political parties share”.
After taking a swipe at the party’s mission statement, the American diplomat proceeded to deliver what is probably the most scathing analysis yet of the PDP.
“The PDP remains an agglomeration of interest groups formed around persons of prominence and power which are loosely tied together by a desire to remain in office and maintain access to the “national cake” or resources of the state”, Ms. Piascik declared.
“The PDP remains a highly fractious and opportunistic coalition of interests. True opposition, in the form of a powerful group with access to the pillars of power, comes from within the PDP - not from without as would be expected in a democratic party structure.”
She added that the party, which claims to be the biggest political platform in Africa, has no “ideological consensus” whatsoever and had remained divided from the start.
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by chucky234(m): 12:54pm On Jul 18, 2012
ifihearam:

U see a very good example of a F.O.OL
How can they be development and job creation amidst war and instability
Securing lives of her citisen is the basic and primary function of government
Can a dead man work and feed??common u should pass thru elemtary sch na
Do you just open your mouth and say whatever comes out of it,you are the biggest fo.ol here with moronic brain,GEJ has no excuss with the trillions set aside for security. War you say? You are a big slowpoke,the bombings has so far been a regional thing and that can never be an excuss for GEJ's failure.
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by HammedSodiqq: 12:59pm On Jul 18, 2012
Objectively, I feel the president is fairly right. Our first attempt at democracy was short lived cos the operators could not guard it jealously. PDD despites all the odds, have been able to keep the military out of politics. I think they deserve commendation sha.
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by chucky234(m): 1:00pm On Jul 18, 2012
Acidosis: You are right sir but your citizens will not understand, especially those that don't think outside their state like most Lagosians do. If Fashola utters similar statement about Lagos and ACN, most people would praise him.
Your mumu go last,how many Lagosians have you seen praising Fashola unjustly?
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by mymindkk: 1:40pm On Jul 18, 2012
I smell fear written everywhere, in the Presidency n PDP...
But dt fear can be averted if GEJ gets it ryt nw, long b4 2015....
On d flip side, if GEJ is not able 2 arrest d hiccups in majorly d power sector, oil sector n of course the sick rebel called BOKO HARAM, come 2015, there would be a shift in d party at d federal level n no doubt sequel 2 ds, PDP will lose ground for many yrs 2 come (dts if dey don't get extinct) due 2 d fact dt many of d patrons n big guns in d party would leave 4 d proceeding party in power (definitely nt.. D PDP).
These r d words 4rm d clairvoyant in me.
Pre n post 2015 is 1 of a kind, marked by a shift towards d new NIGERIA
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by Eziachi: 1:57pm On Jul 18, 2012
ifihearam: I see some of you here are foolish
So he should say without A.CN or CPC abi?
This man was brought there by that party and he needs to register is loyalty to the party being the biggest political party in africa. Please grow up,by the way I have confidence in GEJ as a pure democrat and nt the party and there is nothing really wrong in the statement he made.

Its funny when I read your above quoted, I thought you were being sarcastic, until I start to read you other posts afterwards.
Being a supporter of a Nigeria politician must really be tough for anyone that possesses a measure of conscience, because after reading the full content of the thread and many other Jonathan's presidential blunders after another in both utterances and deed, wouldn't your first reaction be:
God! how do I defend this one now? Can't he keep his gob sealed for one day, just a week after his Mrs perm sec debacle?

But trust you guys, you always manage to find a way around it, really clever bunch! in ironic way.
I don't know how you guys does it but you manage to do it anyway. I salute.

1 Like

Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by najoke: 2:06pm On Jul 18, 2012
Eziachi:

Its funny when I read your above quoted, I thought you were being sarcastic, until I start to read you other posts afterwards.
Being a supporter of a Nigeria politician must really be tough for anyone that possesses a measure of conscience, because after reading the full content of the thread and many other Jonathan's presidential blunders after another in both utterances and deed, wouldn't your first reaction be:
God! how do I defend this one now? Can't he keep his gob sealed for one day, just a week after his Mrs perm sec debacle?

But trust you guys, you always manage to find a way around it, really clever bunch! in ironic way.

Well said.
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by edicolove: 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
mymind_kk: I smell fear written everywhere, in the Presidency n PDP...
But dt fear can be averted if GEJ gets it ryt nw, long b4 2015....
On d flip side, if GEJ is not able 2 arrest d hiccups in majorly d power sector, oil sector n of course the sick rebel called BOKO HARAM, come 2015, there would be a shift in d party at d federal level n no doubt sequel 2 ds, PDP will lose ground for many yrs 2 come (dts if dey don't get extinct) due 2 d fact dt many of d patrons n big guns in d party would leave 4 d proceeding party in power (definitely nt.. D PDP).
These r d words 4rm d clairvoyant in me.
Pre n post 2015 is 1 of a kind, marked by a shift towards d new NIGERIA

I will let you know this. If PDP goes burst, the nation goes with it. The error many of these ACN folks make is that they think PDP is in the name. It isnt in the name. PDP is just a platform for Nigerians to come together accross the country. In 1979 it was NPN, in 1960s. it was NCNC (though not as broad as it is today). The point is, Nigerians must always look for a common ground to come together and that common ground must

1. Not be controlled by one person
2. Not be controlled completely by one region
3. Must be able to accomodate different ideologies because thats the reality on the ground.

It doesnt matter what the name of that party is. Whether you call it PDP or DPD or PDD, it doesnt matter. It is the consensus across board that will matter. ACN and CPC dont have those qualities. No hausa man will trust a party that is dominated by Tinubu. No south south or south east man will trust a party that is dominated by Tinubu and moslems or Buhari and muslims. It is the reality on the ground. It doesnt matter what many of these south west peeps are posting here on Nairaland. Edo people did not vote for Oshiomole because he is in ACN. If he moves to any party today, they will al move with him, including PDP. His open credit to GEJ for the elections shows that. He was Jonathan's biggest defender during the fuel subsidy debate. Rochas is PDP thru and thru and went to APGA and unseated Ohakim. If the people of Imo state had considered is closeness to PDP, they would have rejected him. They voted for him because of who he is and their distaste for Ohakim, not because of APGA.

PDP is the only party you will find in many states of Nigeria. States like Cross River, Ebonyi, Abia, Nasarrawa, Kebbi, etc have practically no presence of ACN. Others have no presence of CPC. Jonathan was spot on in his statement. The ACN supporters here call it a gaffe because they want to paint everything he says as such. But he is very correct. If the PDP was like ACN or CPC, they would have brought down the federal might on the opposition just like ACN is doing in Lagos and the country would have plunged into a war. The goal of boko aram is for the military to take over because they believe they have a stake in a military government in Nigeria but even they are making a big mistake. The Nigerian military is not what it used to be.
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by edicolove: 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
Eziachi:

Being a supporter of a Nigeria politician must really be tough for anyone that possesses a measure of conscience, because after reading the full content of the thread and many other[b] Jonathan's presidential blunders[/b] after another in both utterances and deed, wouldn't your first reaction be:

Exactly what part of the statement is a blunder and how do you define a blunder? From where I stand, you are the one trying to define it as a blunder because you hate him. Every neutral would consider what he said a fact and in order.
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 18, 2012
As much as I hate PDP but I must say is the only party that is not ethnic based. For example, ACN Is a yorouba thing, CPC is an hausa thing while APGA is an igbo thing. And PDP is a Nigerian thing but the loot us dry
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by Acidosis(m): 2:46pm On Jul 18, 2012
ifihearam:

Una own na to dey speak english wey nor dey line
Person wey una dey insult is the number1 citizen
Yet you wey go school for harvard ,dey intelligent and even presidential. Where are you mtcheeew

Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by NEROSKY(m): 2:47pm On Jul 18, 2012
Gej deserves decapitation
I wish I could carry this out. Bleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you GEJ!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by lumeneng22: 2:54pm On Jul 18, 2012
You mean the country has not collapse as is it is now? Nothing is yet working
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by Biggyd2: 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2012
People Deceiving People
Party Deceiving People
dem People Demonic Party!!!

Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by bakarya(m): 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2012
Honestly we nid 2 treat pdp's 4k up
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by Tolexander: 3:49pm On Jul 18, 2012
D-Explorer:

How can you judge an administration that has not ended and very much a long-term progress except you're been biased.
yorubas do say sátidé tí ó bá ma da, àlàmísì la ti máa mò ó(saturday dt will b good, it on d friday that u will begin to know)
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by ziccoit: 3:55pm On Jul 18, 2012
The more this guy (GEJ) farts in the public the more my ability to comment on him reduces. He just doesn't worth the energy.
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by DExplorer1: 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2012
gboss4sure: As much as I hate PDP but I must say is the only party that is not ethnic based. For example, ACN Is a yorouba thing, CPC is an hausa thing while APGA is an igbo thing. And PDP is a Nigerian thing but the loot us dry

Well said! It's not about been a PDP member or defending a party unreasonably. It's about been realistic. Many Nairaland cyber-warriors will not for once accept ANYTHING that comes in GEJ's name so why convincing them. PDP is a mega party contained with all tribes and languages. No doubt Mr. President was right.

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by mannygee: 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2012
(so people still get time for this clueness presido. Abeg, DJ play my song jare. That one wey sing 'ema dami duro....)
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by KA24DETT(m): 4:27pm On Jul 18, 2012
ifihearam:

U see a very good example of a F.O.OL
How can they be development and job creation amidst war and instability
Securing lives of her citisen is the basic and primary function of government
Can a dead man work and feed??common u should pass thru elemtary sch na

So in your dictionary , we should concentrate on security then move on to the next? Thats not how it works. We have to be working on every facet of development. It does not change ur priority. There are other functions of government like roads, electricity. We can do everything together not neglecting one and focusing on one. With that thinking, we will never develop..
America is fighting 2 wars and still working on creating jobs and developing it's economies . Russia still has to deal with the terrorist in Chechnya and there economy is among the fastest growing economy in the world..
We can't use BoKoharam as an excuse for not moving faster than we are. That will show that he is playing right into the hands of BoKoharam sponsors.
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by DExplorer1: 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2012
Gbawe:

Which "unbiased Nigerians"? The ones who only see PDP moving Nigeria towards imminent "collapse" via the insecurity, misrule and hideous corruption they abet with opportunistic callousness? How many Governors has the PDP produced since 1999 and how many , as a percentage, have been ultra-woeful? Do the statistics and inspect the awful ratio.

If democracy means "winning" election and then pretending to lead while you actually loot, then certainly PDP takes the prize. As per how many Nigerians have had their fundamental thinking and reasoning bastardized , I am certainly not surprised you and some "unbiased Nigerians" think the PDP represent "democracy". It just shows Nigeria is an aberration that tends to give its own warped interpretations to things.

Look below to see what others ,actually decent practitioners of democracy as designed, think of the PDP. While you see "democrats", the rest of the world, commenting solely on what is on the ground, see only opportunists Vultures,Hyenas and plunderers.

1) You see, your hate for PDP won't allow you to be abit objective in your judgement. In as much as i detest corruption, i would like you to pin-point a political party that has kept a clean sheet. Politics is about 2 people; those caught and those yet to be caught. Don't forget whichever way, there's an escape route.

2) The kind of politics practised in Nigeria is a complex one and you talking about PDP governor's count and result shouldn't be rocket science as Rotimi, Akpabio and many others will respond to that.

3) It sounds comical when you began to relate far and wide paid, traffic-seeking articles and comment to realities in Nigeria, you should know better.

4) PDP winning an election has always been decided by the unbiased Nigerians which includes YOU. Whether you voted for the party or the candidate, at least you voted! The strength of the party and candidate nature won't permit Nigerians those you think have their fundamental thinking and reasoning bastardized to vote for no one than the Umbrella still covering you.

I think you see clearer now, Mr. Gbewe? GEJ is on a long-term progress, the more people like you bury your excessive and magical expectations the better you appreciate people like me and the government.

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by ifeci: 4:43pm On Jul 18, 2012
edicolove:

I will let you know this. If PDP goes burst, the nation goes with it. The error many of these ACN folks make is that they think PDP is in the name. It isnt in the name. PDP is just a platform for Nigerians to come together accross the country. In 1979 it was NPN, in 1960s. it was NCNC (though not as broad as it is today). The point is, Nigerians must always look for a common ground to come together and that common ground must

1. Not be controlled by one person
2. Not be controlled completely by one region
3. Must be able to accomodate different ideologies because thats the reality on the ground.

It doesnt matter what the name of that party is. Whether you call it PDP or DPD or PDD, it doesnt matter. It is the consensus across board that will matter. ACN and CPC dont have those qualities. No hausa man will trust a party that is dominated by Tinubu. No south south or south east man will trust a party that is dominated by Tinubu and moslems or Buhari and muslims. It is the reality on the ground. It doesnt matter what many of these south west peeps are posting here on Nairaland. Edo people did not vote for Oshiomole because he is in ACN. If he moves to any party today, they will al move with him, including PDP. His open credit to GEJ for the elections shows that. He was Jonathan's biggest defender during the fuel subsidy debate. Rochas is PDP thru and thru and went to APGA and unseated Ohakim. If the people of Imo state had considered is closeness to PDP, they would have rejected him. They voted for him because of who he is and their distaste for Ohakim, not because of APGA.

PDP is the only party you will find in many states of Nigeria. States like Cross River, Ebonyi, Abia, Nasarrawa, Kebbi, etc have practically no presence of ACN. Others have no presence of CPC. Jonathan was spot on in his statement. The ACN supporters here call it a gaffe because they want to paint everything he says as such. But he is very correct. If the PDP was like ACN or CPC, they would have brought down the federal might on the opposition just like ACN is doing in Lagos and the country would have plunged into a war. The goal of boko aram is for the military to take over because they believe they have a stake in a military government in Nigeria but even they are making a big mistake. The Nigerian military is not what it used to be.

@d bolded
you are completely right! I didn't know u could mk sense like this! but in 2015, its not going to b PDP anymore! and sorry to disappoint u, the nation will not "burst"! Abeg hail beaf beside you for me.
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by Phikom(m): 4:54pm On Jul 18, 2012
Jonadog ma foot
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by jmaine: 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2012
Quotes from Mr President

He said the intention of the opposition was to drown the PDP by painting it as a bad party.

Don't mind the hypocritical opposition , we all know all political parties lack basic ideologies, and are just platforms to looting the national treasury

Going by the extreme corruption index of the opposition despite their minimal power base . . . .What they will become if they were as large as the PDP is better left unimagined . . .

There is an Efik Proverb that says ===> Abasi isi noho idiok unam nnuk ( God does not give a terrible and a fierce animal horns) . .Imagine a lion,tiger or leopard with horns . . .Na disaster be that grin

Jonathan accused the opposition of adopting ‘philosophy’ of “when you say the wrong thing one thousand times, it becomes the right thing.”

Thank You Sir, You indeed understand the underlying workings of the Opposition nay sayers, wailers and screamers

I keep telling them that ==========> Saying bullshyte a million times = Bullshyte . cool

Goebbels reportedly said, “If you tell a big lie enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.”

Am sure the bottle feeders from Saharaliars and faketimes [/b]news portals will attest to this fact, that their incessant daily propaganda and lies aint working . . .

“[b]So, if you are not safe, you can’t even think of hunger because a dead person does not need food. So, security is very, very fundamental.

Sir, people misunderstood what you meant, and instead of asking for clarity, they decided to ridicule themselves by exhibiting their ignorance . . .I will replay what your message chose to address to those ignorant folks

Replay

jmaine: Simple interpretation ======>

we have various feelings which are stimuli e.g hunger , sex grin , safety concerns e.t.c with each having an over riding influence over another, dependent on it's critical level . . .

Thus, an hungry animal who is about to feast will abandon his food and flee if danger lurks around . . . . . .an indication that the critical need to stay alive is greater than the stimuli of severe pangs of hunger . . .

GEJ was talking as a biologist here in relation to our critical security concerns grin . . . .

More Quotes

He said that events of the past weeks indicated that the activities of Boko Haram had been curtailed, adding that the killings last week in Plateau State had nothing to do with the sect.

Offcourse, people conversant with the chronic crisis in Plateau State, are aware that it goes beyond the sect . . .The Fulani herd's men currently fomenting all over the country don't consult any sect before carrying out their bloody crusades . . .Only the ignorant will think otherwise

On the economy, he said his government was taking a number of measures in areas like Agriculture and Water Resources, adding that reforms were also[b] being worked on[/b] in the petroleum sector.

Offcourse, your saying the plain undeniable fact, the hypocritical opposition have nothing meaningful to say, except to silently wish it fails for their own pleasure . . .

Time will Justify all

From Jmaine, The gentle - brutal brother you assigned the windows "8" Fortified laptop number OOO grin
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by Cuddlemii: 5:05pm On Jul 18, 2012
Gbawe:

Hi Gbawe, I sent you an email and I am guessing you didn't receive it. Your attention is needed here- https://www.nairaland.com/992476/nairalands-literary-debating-day-cordially#11462533

Thanks!
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by MZmuaz: 5:22pm On Jul 18, 2012
Sometimes I wander what these fools that they call them self our leader take us for. Some one ruling for 13yrs and nothing to show still telling Us he is the best ,yes he is the best in corruption ,in security , jobless name it. Come 2015 we will decide who we want on that sit
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by DExplorer1: 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
Tolexander: yorubas do say sátidé tí ó bá ma da, àlàmísì la ti máa mò ó(saturday dt will b good, it on d friday that u will begin to know)

If this' your school of thought then you need to read edifying contents.

Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by OgaMosco(m): 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2012
Na who holy pass Gej
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by GustaD: 6:04pm On Jul 18, 2012
Abia.....itz d opposite
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 18, 2012
LMAO @ PDP = civilized.

Some ppl will not kill me on this board. Ediots presenting themselves as intellectual debaters. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Economy On The Brink Of Collapse - ACN Warns / Politicians Are Friends, Don't Die For Any, Olowu Of Kuta Charges Osun Youths / Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.