Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,366 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ (8959 Views)

Buhari Will Collapse Before Election "Ghanaian Prophet" / 2015: Nigeria will collapse if Jonathan fail to win the Presidency- Ifeduba / Nigeria Will Collapse Without PDP - Bode George (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by Gbawe: 6:20pm On Jul 18, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Hi Gbawe, I sent you an email and I am guessing you didn't receive it. Your attention is needed here- https://www.nairaland.com/992476/nairalands-literary-debating-day-cordially#11462533

Thanks!

I did recieve an email on my nairaland profile but did not read it because I thought it was the mods telling me my account is active. Sunday is fine for me. I will check your thread for updates.
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by Eziachi: 6:30pm On Jul 18, 2012
edicolove:

Exactly what part of the statement is a blunder and how do you define a blunder? From where I stand, you are the one trying to define it as a blunder because you hate him. Every neutral would consider what he said a fact and in order.

A blunder politician is one who makes so many mistakes that you knew that the next one is just around the corner. Or should I use gaffe prone, mistake prone, foot in the mouth?
The facts remains that, right from his days as deputy governor in Bayelsa, that this guy will not hack it as a councillor if Nigeria is a serious country.

Every time Jonathan opens his mouth, you knew he will committee a topic of discussion on the negative that will lead to being thrown out of office in most truthful and decent democracies.
I can speak because I had experienced and lived the real democracy for close to 50 years and experience real talented, wise, brutal, honest and integrity politicians, so whenever I see Jonathan, all I can say is this: Only in Africa.

I don't hate or love Jonathan as that will be making me unserious person. Why would I hate him? His actions or inaction doesn't directly affect me but it does affect thousands of people I love and many dependent on me for that reason.

It must be very difficult for you falling in love with a Nigerian politician like Jonathan? I can imagine how difficult it must be for you, reading all the negatives about him, which you knew right down in your heart that are true, but for a man deeply in love you really wish it goes away but its not going to go away, because Jonathan is assured to come out with more blunders as a man not fit to run public office.

Because I don't hate him or in love with him as you do, that gives me the freedom to speak as I see it.
How I wish you will free yourself from that yoke of being in love with a Nigerian politician and he disappoints you every minute but its too hard to bring yourself to say so, so you continue to wallow and defend the INDEFENSIBLE. I hate to be in your sandals.

1 Like

Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by paulcr7: 6:34pm On Jul 18, 2012
i think we should follow what 1timothy 2:1 says.We should pray for this man and not abuse him.our prayers for him will help to order his steps and make Nigeria better for all of us.NIGERIA is going to be great
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by Eziachi: 8:11pm On Jul 18, 2012
paulcr7: i think we should follow what 1timothy 2:1 says.We should pray for this man and not abuse him.our prayers for him will help to order his steps and make Nigeria better for all of us.NIGERIA is going to be great
I don't think nations like South Korea, Malaysia, Japan read or knew anything called 1Timothy 2:1 to have good and honest leaders. God is not a Nigerian and neither is he stupid.
Pray as much as you like, but Dr Pepper will never taste like Coca cola. That is a fact.
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by nduchucks: 8:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
Eziachi:
I don't think nations like South Korea, Malaysia, Japan read or knew anything called 1Timothy 2:1 to have good and honest leaders. God is not a Nigeria and neither is he stupid.
Pray as you like, Dr Pepper will never taste like Coca cola. That is a fact.

^^^^ cheesy cheesy cheesy @ the bolded.
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by uzomagic(m): 9:06pm On Jul 18, 2012
Many Nigerians fail to remember that democracy is not an end in itself but a means to an end; good governance, justice, peace and ultimately development which is a function of the aforementioned. Secondly, democracy, of all the modes of government known to mankind remains the best form of government. Whether we agree or not the truth remains that in the dark days of the military especially between 1983-1999, this Country went several years backwards. Since, the return to democracy in 1999, the PDP has continued to provide leadership for the Country. Given the preceding sixteen years of uninterrupted military despotism by the Buhari, IBB and Abacha regimes, democratic culture is still evolving and is fraught with challenges and limitations like every human institution. Whatever the reservations any person or group of persons may have with the leadership of the PDP at Federal level, the truth remains that it could have been worse. The performance of the opposition controlled states have been almost pathetic as can be examplified from the abysmal performances of the then AD controlled States particularly in the South-West between 1999-2003. The class of Akande(Osun), Adesina(Oyo), Adebayo(Ekiti), Osoba(Ogun) and Tinubu(Lagos) were largely disappointing and this perhaps explains why they were eased out of power in the 2003 general elections except of course with the exception of Tinubu. Since 1999 till date it is on record that the best performing State Governors have always been from the PDP; Donald Duke(Cross River), Chimaroke Nnamani(Enugu) Adamu Muazu(Bauchi) who all did exceptionally well were all of the PDP. On taking over the helm of affairs in 2003, Ayo Fayose re-defined governance in Ekiti after the State went comatose under his ad predecessor, Adebayo. Governor Danjuma Goje(Gombe) also engineered a turnaround of the fortunes of his State from the decay that characterised the State under the previous ANPP administration under Hashidu. With the achievements of Goje, Saraki, Muazu, Yar'Adua, Duke, and even among the present crop, Akpabio, Amaechi, Lamido have all stood out as distinguished performers. The truth remains that there is no evidence to show that the opposition parties would have been able to provide direction and stability in government at the Federal level. By a long shot, both at the state and Federal levels, PDP has remained the bedrock of the Country's democracy and will remain so for a long time to come.

1 Like

Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by DExplorer1: 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2012
uzomagic: Many Nigerians fail to remember that democracy is not an end in itself but a means to an end; good governance, justice, peace and ultimately development which is a function of the aforementioned. Secondly, democracy, of all the modes of government known to mankind remains the best form of government. Whether we agree or not the truth remains that in the dark days of the military especially between 1983-1999, this Country went several years backwards. Since, the return to democracy in 1999, the PDP has continued to provide leadership for the Country. Given the preceding sixteen years of uninterrupted military despotism by the Buhari, IBB and Abacha regimes, democratic culture is still evolving and is fraught with challenges and limitations like every human institution. Whatever the reservations any person or group of persons may have with the leadership of the PDP at Federal level, the truth remains that it could have been worse. The performance of the opposition controlled states have been almost pathetic as can be examplified from the abysmal performances of the then AD controlled States particularly in the South-West between 1999-2003. The class of Akande(Osun), Adesina(Oyo), Adebayo(Ekiti), Osoba(Ogun) and Tinubu(Lagos) were largely disappointing and this perhaps explains why they were eased out of power in the 2003 general elections except of course with the exception of Tinubu. Since 1999 till date it is on record that the best performing State Governors have always been from the PDP; Donald Duke(Cross River), Chimaroke Nnamani(Enugu) Adamu Muazu(Bauchi) who all did exceptionally well were all of the PDP. On taking over the helm of affairs in 2003, Ayo Fayose re-defined governance in Ekiti after the State went comatose under his ad predecessor, Adebayo. Governor Danjuma Goje(Gombe) also engineered a turnaround of the fortunes of his State from the decay that characterised the State under the previous ANPP administration under Hashidu. With the achievements of Goje, Saraki, Muazu, Yar'Adua, Duke, and even among the present crop, Akpabio, Amaechi, Lamido have all stood out as distinguished performers. The truth remains that there is no evidence to show that the opposition parties would have been able to provide direction and stability in government at the Federal level. By a long shot, both at the state and Federal levels, PDP has remained the bedrock of the Country's democracy and will remain so for a long time to come.

You're very much on point. It's a long-term progress. Nigerians will appreciate our President's good works soon though some can't be pleased.
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by Mandelaguy(m): 9:35pm On Jul 18, 2012
uzomagic: Many Nigerians fail to remember that democracy is not an end in itself but a means to an end; good governance, justice, peace and ultimately development which is a function of the aforementioned. Secondly, democracy, of all the modes of government known to mankind remains the best form of government. Whether we agree or not the truth remains that in the dark days of the military especially between 1983-1999, this Country went several years backwards. Since, the return to democracy in 1999, the PDP has continued to provide leadership for the Country. Given the preceding sixteen years of uninterrupted military despotism by the Buhari, IBB and Abacha regimes, democratic culture is still evolving and is fraught with challenges and limitations like every human institution. Whatever the reservations any person or group of persons may have with the leadership of the PDP at Federal level, the truth remains that it could have been worse. The performance of the opposition controlled states have been almost pathetic as can be examplified from the abysmal performances of the then AD controlled States particularly in the South-West between 1999-2003. The class of Akande(Osun), Adesina(Oyo), Adebayo(Ekiti), Osoba(Ogun) and Tinubu(Lagos) were largely disappointing and this perhaps explains why they were eased out of power in the 2003 general elections except of course with the exception of Tinubu. Since 1999 till date it is on record that the best performing State Governors have always been from the PDP; Donald Duke(Cross River), Chimaroke Nnamani(Enugu) Adamu Muazu(Bauchi) who all did exceptionally well were all of the PDP. On taking over the helm of affairs in 2003, Ayo Fayose re-defined governance in Ekiti after the State went comatose under his ad predecessor, Adebayo. Governor Danjuma Goje(Gombe) also engineered a turnaround of the fortunes of his State from the decay that characterised the State under the previous ANPP administration under Hashidu. With the achievements of Goje, Saraki, Muazu, Yar'Adua, Duke, and even among the present crop, Akpabio, Amaechi, Lamido have all stood out as distinguished performers. The truth remains that there is no evidence to show that the opposition parties would have been able to provide direction and stability in government at the Federal level. By a long shot, both at the state and Federal levels, PDP has remained the bedrock of the Country's democracy and will remain so for a long time to come.
To add to all you have said my brother,it is known fact that most of those crying now and shouting fire! Fire! Fire! Were once telling us a different tale and extolling the virtues of their party(PDP) and the govt in power.....el rufai and co are on records...they even supported and participated in some hanky pankh games(Dino and el rufai),now they are saints overnight. Saints because they craved more power and couldn't get it and it shocks me at the kind of short memories Nigerians have.......are we easily swayed by rhetorics and acting? Are we so confused in this country that we now fail to see over ambitious people trying to ride on our crest of emotions to power? Anyway,the president was simply saying that his govt does not stifle opposition(we have all witnessed that it the past in this country),and tha his party(PDP) has the highest level of tolerance in his country as per other aspiring power craving political parties, who are now wooing us and telling us how angelic they are going to be(devil I know..........)anyway on the tolerance thing,am yet to be proven wrong.
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by Rexyl(m): 11:16pm On Jul 18, 2012
This man's views may be senseless and unreasonable to many but I could see he has been struggling within himself to change some things for good except that some forces are in fierce struggles against his achievements and success of his tenure. He is trying to put some things straight but for these strongholds. I may not believe in any party right now because there have been basis by which each party has failed people in one way or the other. What can we say about them promising a better and greater changes once they get there but give them the chance many people will bite their fingers in regret when they are seeing them reversing what they promised pointing on the failure of proceeding government. They would have soon forgotten their mind blowing analysis that might have portrayed them as genius or very perfect individuals who can do and act without hiding under any excuse. Any one or party always quoting excuses for failure is as unreliable as the previous experience that the majorities have determined to change or reject.
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 18, 2012
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by johnny119: 6:59am On Jul 19, 2012
I don't blame those who are writing anyhow.Nigeria is just a country that is full of wise fools who never see any good from someone the have made up their minds to hate.na subsidy victims dem be.what GEJ said is not far from the truth though not completely true anyway.
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by nativedoctor(m): 7:13am On Jul 19, 2012
Na wa

Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by Eziachi: 11:42am On Jul 19, 2012
D-Explorer:

You're very much on point. It's a long-term progress. Nigerians will appreciate our President's good works soon though some can't be pleased.
Its funny when it comes to issue like choosing leaders on merit, not by ethnic bias, election rigging, good representation, you guys tend to remember that democracy is a long term thing.
But no such long term luck when it come to your presidency trying to match the likes of American president on opulence based on public purse, the size of presidential fleet of jets.
At this stage in the American democracy, their presidents probably still rides bicycle to work, there are no white house, no airforce 1, endless mercedes benz for one man and there was no junketing the world looking for non existing and elusive investors.
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by Eziachi: 12:05pm On Jul 19, 2012
centje: one of d things that makes a man is nt to allow sentiments overshadow his sense of judgment. No matter hw u hate someone stil make effort to read meanin into his or her statements. Wat gudluck said hs some element of truth,if it were nt d way pdp waz structured gudluck an ijaw man wont be president. Pdp is d only party in nigeria wit nation wide coverage. [b]Acn is regarded as yoruba party,apga igbo,Anpp is to d north likewise cpc.[/b]we may nt be able to see d true colour of Some of these parties until they handle presidency. Nigeria waz in a severe political tension b4 d return of d present democracy,gradually that tension is coming down all bc of how pdp hs bn handlin power. Tho error waz really made in gudlucks case buh it waz necessary otherwise wat is happenin in d north wuld hv been happenin in some states of d south south region and it wuld hv had more disintegrating effect on d country than wat we hv now. So i stil insist pdp controls a great percentage of wat stil unites this 'failed state' called nigeria.

The bolded is what they programme you Nigerians to believe and as long as the sentiment persist, no matter how bad they are and how awful their record in governance are, you gullible Nigerians will continue to choose them as your leaders.
This is the same PDP the American diplomats termed as non political party of no ideology but a congregation in individuals with common interest of holding on to power and sharing of public purse.

PDP and Jonathan will become regional like the ones you mentioned if they no longer has monopoly of public money both federal/states, juicy contract as reward and patronage, no monopoly of NTA/FRCN.
In the last election Jonathan has three presidential jets at his disposal 24/7, while the other fellas can only made with hiring on hourly bases, of which they cannot afford.
It means, if GEJ chooses he can visit each state 5 times before the poll and others will be lucky to cover the 36 states once. Plus the fact that all those made billionaires by PDP will be competing falling over themselves towards money for their campaign for re-election.

Even the most irrelevant political party in Nigeria today, if you given the same opportunity as PDP to control the centre even for ONLY one year, they will equally become national spread as PDP now claimed to be.
And my people has a saying that " The man carrying the palm-front on his head is the one all the goats will be following"

If PDP or ACN is to win Ondo in their next election, just give six months the so called Labour party will no longer be state wide spread, that how it works in Nigeria, its all about who control the source of money.
Ask yourself this, how national spread was PDP at its inception in 1998 compared to 2012?
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by Gbawe: 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2012
Eziachi:
Its funny when it comes to issue like choosing leaders on merit, not by ethnic bias, election rigging, good representation, you guys tend to remember that democracy is a long term thing.
But no such long term luck when it come to your presidency trying to match the likes of American president on opulence based on public purse, the size of presidential fleet of jets.
At this stage in the American democracy, their presidents probably still rides bicycle to work, there are no white house, no airforce 1, endless mercedes benz for one man and there was no junketing the world looking for non existing and elusive investors.

My brother, please don't mind these charlatans. America is even too great a comparison. Let some of these sycophants even travel to some of our West African neighbouring Country to appreciate that the basics, as far as leadership vis-a-vis round pegs in round holes, are now solidly addressed thus boding well for the future.

It is almost impossible , in West Africa today, to see overt dullards and mediocrities becoming Presidents. Show me a West African Presidential election, minus Nigeria of course, and I will show you a parade of the best, or close, a nation has to offer ala proven, tried and tested performers. This is the minimum that increasingly sophisticated electorates are demanding.

In Ghana, for example, Ghanaians know those who will slug it out with Atta-Mills in this year's election. Akuffo Ado is a former Minister with a solid history in public office. Pa Kwesi Nduom is a business mogul and enterpreneur per excellence. etc, etc.

In Nigeria, they are still getting away with serving up mediocrities and the burnt food at the bottom of the pot they will package as "most fiscally responsible Governor in Nigeria" (Yar Adua) and "humble boy with no shoes" (GEJ).

When those who rightly stated that an ambitious nation has no business pinning its future on these mediocrities are proven right, the next thing is for sycophants to focus on attacking personalities to mask the incompetence of their 'messiahs'. Meanwhile they are the same empty barrels who yesterday shouted that their mediocre god has the answers and solutions !!!!!

Why won't Nigerians, today, be targets of insults from other Africans when they see we are individually driven yet nationally foolish, nationally divided and the biggest enemies of ourselves.
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by OmoLisabi(m): 12:30pm On Jul 19, 2012
Very reckless statement by elretardo. Annoying.
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by Gbawe: 12:36pm On Jul 19, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
LMAO @ PDP = civilized.

Some ppl will not kill me on this board. Ediots presenting themselves as intellectual debaters. cheesy

My sister, what has gotten us where we are today if not the penchant of many Nigerians, including the so-called "educated" ones, to embrace 'goodluck', shallow expectations of a miracle, ethnic jingoism, sectional bias and sentiments instead of simply using sensible parameters as many of our adult African neighbours are doing to good effect?

Nigeria ,disgracefully, , remains one of the few places today in the world where the top job can go to an abject mediocrity who has no history of delivering solutions. Most nations don't entertain such senseless gambles anymore.

When failure is then seen everywhere, these emotional Nigerians, rather than confront their poor and juvenile decision-making, now concentrate their efforts on looking for "enemies" and "haters" of those always predisposed to fail because they had no business being where they are in the first place.
Re: Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ by DExplorer1: 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2012
Gbawe:

My sister, what has gotten us where we are today if not the penchant of many Nigerians, including the so-called "educated" ones, to embrace 'goodluck', shallow expectations of a miracle, ethnic jingoism, sectional bias and sentiments instead of simply using sensible parameters as many of our adult African neighbours are doing to good effect?

Nigeria ,disgracefully, , remains one of the few places today in the world where the top job can go to an abject mediocrity who has no history of delivering solutions. Most nations don't entertain such senseless gambles anymore.

When failure is then seen everywhere, these emotional Nigerians, rather than confront their poor and juvenile decision-making, now concentrate their efforts on looking for "enemies" and "haters" of those always predisposed to fail because they had no business being where they are in the first place.

You are simply a talkative! I see you winning any arguement on baseless grounds. You choose not to accept facts, you deny objectivity just to make your comment look all and mighty. As long as you see NOTHING positive about this administration, those emotional Nigerians won't agree or appreciate your lines. They're here to communicate and reduce your ignorance about the polity. Gbawe, i wonder for how long your diatribed approach will make you relevant on subject matters.

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Economy On The Brink Of Collapse - ACN Warns / Revenue Formula: Governors To Demand 42% Of Federal Allocation / See What Fulani Herdsmen Did To My Friend - So Shocking! (SEE PICTURES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.