Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

BMW Owners' Forum - Car Talk (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BMW Owners' Forum (230012 Views)

Honda CRV Owners Forum / Nissan Xterra Owners Forum / Kia Owners Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Shagati(m): 5:32pm On Dec 31, 2013
The red from another angle (I LOVE THE RED) and other colours smiley

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Gee2728(m): 10:24pm On Dec 31, 2013
@ shagati, we sexy and u know it................

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by yungboss(m): 10:26pm On Dec 31, 2013
Gee,
the e46 wins hands down...
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Gee2728(m): 10:37pm On Dec 31, 2013
godssonibk: I think you should be able to get a good one in Lagos, how much is your budget for this car

sorry for the late response, am looking at about 2 to 2.5mil.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by godssonibk: 10:42pm On Dec 31, 2013
You'll definitely get a nice one...The budget is not bad
Gee2728:

sorry for the late response, am looking at about 2 to 2.5mil.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Gee2728(m): 11:27pm On Dec 31, 2013
godssonibk: You'll definitely get a nice one...The budget is not bad

Tnx for the concern.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lungwun(m): 7:24am On Jan 01, 2014
The E92 is a beautiful car but unfortunately when I look out my window at my driveway, all I see is my E46 coupe, and that is what makes it more beautiful.

When I upgrade, that story might change.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Shagati(m): 12:58pm On Jan 01, 2014
lungwun: The E92 is a beautiful car but unfortunately when I look out my window at my driveway, all I see is my E46 coupe, and that is what makes it more beautiful.

When I upgrade, that story might change.

Lol!
Poignant words
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lungwun(m): 9:25am On Jan 04, 2014
Duplicate post. See below.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lungwun(m): 9:27am On Jan 04, 2014
I think I may just have bolloxed my car. Woke up to do some diy (change fuse 59, windscreen washer system) and due to the silly location of the glove box when trying to pull out the fuse, I mistakenly pulled out another 25a fuse.

Looking at the fuse card, there is only one 25a fuse in my e46, and that's still in place so I'm thinking I may have nudged out a spare fuse.

Problem is the car won't start now. It comes on, fuel pump runs, ac works, radio works, but the car does not turn over, not even a click can be heard in the engine bay. Like the key isn't communicating with the engine.

What could I have possibly done wrong and does anyone know a reliable BMW electrician in Abuja to come take a look-see?

Thanks.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Dsannin: 2:38pm On Jan 04, 2014
Guys my 318ci performance has dropped, I'm gonna take it for servicing at he end of the month. Any suggestions on what I should change considering it's an old car. Or what I should look for. Also anyone know a good scanning place in Lagos, preferably on the island for BMW. Plus don't say coscharis. Thanks
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by ingzima: 11:05pm On Jan 04, 2014
Please help, i have been trying to get the complete tail lights of a E83 2008 , I checked every where i can in lagos including Owode,Ladipo and Coscharis and havent found them, can anyone help
sexylogan: Hello, fellow Nairalanders.
I created this thread so that BMW owners, enthusiasts, etc. could have a thread to chat and discuss
anything about the Ultimate Driving Machine. Feel free to ask questions abt any model and those with
technical or owner-based knowlege can contribute. I looked for a BMW thread in this section but i didnt
find any. Also feel free to chip in tips on where owners can get reliable service, parts and general
mainenance of BMWs where u live. Thanx.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by ingzima: 11:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
Please where can i get the additives (the octane booster) cos i just got a 2008 x 3 too
Wallie:

Fuel consumption compared to what? Compared to other SUVs in its class, it should rate very well. Six speed tranny with modern engine to limit fuel consumption.

The only problem that I see with driving cars like this in Nigeria is due to the lack of quality fuel. In Nigeria, you seem to only have one grade of fuel and it's probably the lowest one, 87 octane rating.

The engines in modern BMWs require a minimum of 91 octane rating (RON) and I don’t believe you can find it in Nigeria. This means that the car will run inefficiently and burn more fuel because the ECU (computer) will try to compensate for bad fuel by retarding timing.

Essentially, the higher the octane rating, the less likely the fuel will detonate under pressure. If the fuel detonates too early (knock), the ECU will minimize the compression of the engine to accommodate the bad/inadequate fuel.

Of course you can add octane boosters to the fuel to bring up the octane rating. Hopefully, I didn’t confuse you.

2008 is a good year to buy because the SUV was updated (LCI) in 2007.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lungwun(m): 9:53am On Jan 05, 2014
Now that you mention it, what is the rating of our fuel here in Nigeria? I know my E46 requires 91.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by ingzima: 10:17am On Jan 05, 2014
90 RON unleaded
lungwun: Now that you mention it, what is the rating of our fuel here in Nigeria? I know my E46 requires 91.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by hay123: 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2014
Please can someone kindly assist me on what to do as my BMW 530i 2003 model with double venus engine is no longer engaging on reverse gear
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by 234GT(m): 9:44pm On Jan 05, 2014
Good evening gurus in the house.
Someone is offering me an e46 2000 bmw tokunbo for 1m, but I think the car is overpriced. It is manual trans.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by samuelk(m): 11:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
234GT: Good evening gurus in the house.
Someone is offering me an e46 2000 bmw tokunbo for 1m, but I think the car is overpriced. It is manual trans.

I believe its overpriced

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Gee2728(m): 11:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
234GT: Good evening gurus in the house.

some detailed pics could help us advice you.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by 234GT(m): 5:13am On Jan 06, 2014
Gee2728:
some detailed pics could help us advice you.

Thanks. I don't have the pictures, but it is the so called coja type.

samuelk:
I believe its overpriced

Thanks so much.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Gee2728(m): 11:13am On Jan 06, 2014
[quote author=234GT]

Thanks. I don't have the pictures, but it is the so called coja type.

Any way if I were u I would not buy what I have not physically inspected. If ur new to BMW pls take an expert( maybe someone that has a beemer) along with you even if it means u gonna pay him so that u dnt end u spending half the price. Of purchase after u buy the car for fixing issues.

Its safer to know what ur up against from the start so that u can get a good deal on the price of the car. Pls once again take a mech with u to inspect the car forget abt the looks. Looks dnt drive a car its the mechanical aspect that do. If any of the check lights is on ask question or demand for a scan.

Some car seller clear the codes without fixing the fault which means its gonna show up after u purchase the car. so ask for a test drive and drive as hard as u can to make sure the car is sound..

Pls check the cooling/heating system to make sure it they work normal.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by 234GT(m): 9:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
Thanks so much Gee2728. I will do exactly as you said!
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by samdbash(m): 7:53am On Jan 07, 2014
lungwun: I think I may just have bolloxed my car. Woke up to do some diy (change fuse 59, windscreen washer system) and due to the silly location of the glove box when trying to pull out the fuse, I mistakenly pulled out another 25a fuse.

Looking at the fuse card, there is only one 25a fuse in my e46, and that's still in place so I'm thinking I may have nudged out a spare fuse.

Problem is the car won't start now. It comes on, fuel pump runs, ac works, radio works, but the car does not turn over, not even a click can be heard in the engine bay. Like the key isn't communicating with the engine.

What could I have possibly done wrong and does anyone know a reliable BMW electrician in Abuja to come take a look-see?

Thanks.

Morning Lungwan, there are some BMW mech & electricians that I've been using for about 10yrs now & they're quite reliable. They are around Gudu & u may wish to try them. Call me up on 08176317317 for directions bro...
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Emperoh(m): 11:21am On Jan 07, 2014
samdbash:

Morning Lungwan, there are some BMW mech & electricians that I've been using for about 10yrs now & they're quite reliable. They are around Gudu & u may wish to try them. Call me up on 08176317317 for directions bro...

Need these contacts as well bros.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by samdbash(m): 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
Emperoh:

Need these contacts as well bros.

No wahala Emperoh, just call me up. Cheers man
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Shagati(m): 10:15pm On Jan 07, 2014
Gee2728: @ shagati, we sexy and u know it................
Lol. Damn right!
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by samuelk(m): 6:36am On Jan 08, 2014
finally summoned enough courage to allow the AC technician takeout my dashboard for the evaporator to be replaced. It wasn't as difficult as i thought maybe due to the expertise of the guy that carried out the task, will upload some pictures
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by yungboss(m): 8:06am On Jan 08, 2014
samuelk: finally summoned enough courage to allow the AC technician takeout my dashboard for the evaporator to be replaced. It wasn't as difficult as i thought maybe due to the expertise of the guy that carried out the task, will upload some pictures
oh that's good.
I have problem with my AC too, I need to have a new compressor on the e46, and change all the AC components. Currently I have not been using it,waiting till i fix it, I'm not confident to give it to technicians whom I do not trust.
I have been driving the old reliable m50...

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by samuelk(m): 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2014
yungboss:
oh that's good.
I have problem with my AC too, I need to have a new compressor on the e46, and change all the AC components. Currently I have not been using it,waiting till i fix it, I'm not confident to give it to technicians whom I do not trust.
I have been driving the old reliable m50...
if you were based in Lagos, I would have recommended the guy who worked on mine
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by samuelk(m): 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2014
Wow! the thread has lost so much information, and to think my beemer was involved in a crash two days after my previous reply.....almost done with the restoration.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 28, 2014
Hi all my beemer pals.
I have a major issue with my e46 323 engine.
I notice a lot of thick blue smoke whenever I rev my engine. It became worse with loss of power whenever I drive.
Recently the engine refused to start. It just cranks, a couple of experts came to check and told me the engine has 'lost compression'
To cut the long story short. They both independently recommended a change of engine albeit one said 'borale' and the other said a complete engine.
What I want to know is do I actually need a complete engine or will borale be ok?
Secondly how much does a borale and complete engine costs?
I will love to hear from anyone.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by olamega(m): 12:11am On Jul 20, 2014
I have issues with my a/c too, I've spent about 21k already, pls can somebody recommend a good place for me in Abuja/Kaduna or Kano?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (93) (Reply)

Club-Lexus / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.