Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,962 members, 7,952,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:31 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (312185 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by odowetalu(m): 12:27pm On Dec 29, 2012
abeg how do i do this emergency stuff angry angry mine was approved but the available date still far in fact i dont even know how to do it. please reply fast
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 12:32pm On Dec 29, 2012
odowetalu: abeg how do i do this emergency stuff angry angry mine was approved but the available date still far in fact i dont even know how to do it. please reply fast

Did u attach ur I-20 wit ur emergency application.what date were u eventually given and wen is ur sch resuming?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by talk2D: 12:40pm On Dec 29, 2012
@odewetalu
You have to take it by force or leave it.

@house
Pls to those who has taken SAT exam before, how long did it take to receive your exam entrance pass for ur exam venue in your email after you registered.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by makaveli16(m): 12:40pm On Dec 29, 2012
ollyboy1:

Thank you. The school recommended the eshipglobal to me as well but I told them to send it to a friend of mine who is going to send it to me thru fedex.just wanted to know ow efficient they are? I think the prob is cos of d hols and d fact that maybe they will first go to ur sch to collect it from them.so sorry abt that.let's hope u will collect it latest 2nd wen d hols is over.it is well my bro.do u want to wait to receive d I-20 b4 booking appointment,didn't d sch scan d I-20 to u?

The school has some draconian laws like refusing to send a scanned copy, refusing to send an I-20 to any other address apart from your personal address. Sending it to friend would have been my best option if not for their very tough stance. Would still recommend fedex though my lawyer wants me to sue them for this gargantuan ineptitude.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 12:53pm On Dec 29, 2012
makaveli16:

The school has some draconian laws like refusing to send a scanned copy, refusing to send an I-20 to any other address apart from your personal address. Sending it to friend would have been my best option if not for their very tough stance. Would still recommend fedex though my lawyer wants me to sue them for this gargantuan ineptitude.

let's just be hopeful.it is well my bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Profkenny1(m): 12:59pm On Dec 29, 2012
makaveli16:

Makaveli16, listen to me, I decree the release of your document within 72 hours in the name of the resurrected Jesus Christ!!!...the same God that did it for your friend in Ohio will surely do it for you. kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by makaveli16(m): 1:19pm On Dec 29, 2012
Prof kenny:

Makaveli16, listen to me, I decree the release of your document within 72 hours in the name of the resurrected Jesus Christ!!!...the same God that did it for your friend in Ohio will surely do it for you. kiss

PROFESSOR!!!! Hallelujah..I claim that through the power of JAH. Wow, its been a lil while. Op things r lookin' up wiv u? Na so Fedex dey do your brotha. Many are the afflictions of a brotherman. Its great hooking up wiv u on this. Ciao
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:14pm On Dec 29, 2012
Yvete: Where is imperiouxx??

Y'all need to show some love to our person (oga). Get well soon big boss! ((hugs))

Thanks so much

Mr. Chris:
@ Dr. Imperiouxx, the Lord is your Strength oh! We miss you oh! Get well soon! We all wish you quick recovery including our mamacita & others in such situation.

Thanks so much

walex57:
Bro, you need to relax...don't worry the flu will go...take some medications ooo....it is well

Thanks so much

kpolli:
Bros, how you dey? How are you feeling now? Hope you don take all the necessary drugs? Just checking on you. . . Rest well

Thanks so much

You guys are true friends, my one in a million.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Paywole: 3:16pm On Dec 29, 2012
visa!visa!! visa!!! second refusal in a year anyway no shit..heres the story..Lagos embassy for the 8:30 appointment 4 V.Os we were very few compared to my first interview i was even thinking those V.O wud think lets issue all of them jor.. but mehn that wasn't the case.okay back to the story line
Me:goooooooooood morning like 3 times(i made sure he replied back)
V.O:gud morning
V.O:you are going to?
M.E:Minnesota state univeristy.
V.O:Minnesota state university?
ME: Mankato
V.O:ok good Mankato
V.O: to do what ?
me:to pursue my undergraduate in automotive engineering technology
V.O:laughs(why this this course at the same time of what benefit is this course to u here in Nigeria
Me:inside me i was like why is he laughing naw well sha Me:i choose to study AET the prospect for AET is extremely high in naija and more also there's lack of professionalism in the industry i now gave examples on how 9ja is lacking behind in the auto sector compared to other emerging nations more also a degree in AET wud prepare with bla bla bla....END OF MY OWN SCENE FOR THE INTERVIEW..
V.O:you are 25 and u are going to study AET in the us wait,this will be the first time i will be seeing this kind of major here in the embassy(rolling eyes like say he hold shit)and were u admitted into this course wit ACT or wat
ME:the skul required toefl for admission into the major
V.O:i think u can only get to study majors like this in the technical or .....i do see mechanical engr very well but i have neva seen some with a major like this before in this embassy and why not mech engr? at the same time transferring my passport with my 214b white sheet next thing I AM SORRY I CANT ISSUE U A VISA RIGHT NOW THIS WHITE SHEET WILL EXPLAIN THE REASON WHY I CANT AT THE MOMENT ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 3:20pm On Dec 29, 2012
dnpasion: Congrats to all that got their visas and wishing you all the best in your studies. Does anybody know about Southern Arkansas University? i'm planning to apply to this school for the 2013 fall semester admission and also do i need to pay another sevis fee if i apply to this school and the reason why i want to apply to this school is because i remembered during my last interview, the VO asked me why i'm going for computer science major in a christian university ? Please i need some advice.

What criteria did you use to select this school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 3:24pm On Dec 29, 2012
Paywole: visa!visa!! visa!!! second refusal in a year anyway no shit..heres the story..Lagos embassy for the 8:30 appointment 4 V.Os we were very few compared to my first interview i was even thinking those V.O wud think lets issue all of them jor.. but mehn that wasn't the case.okay back to the story line
V.O:laughs(why this this course at the same time of what benefit is this course to u here in Nigeria
Me:inside me i was like why is he laughing naw well sha Me:i choose to study AET the prospect for AET is extremely high in naija and more also there's lack of professionalism in the industry i now gave examples on how 9ja is lacking behind in the auto sector compared to other emerging nations more also a degree in AET wud prepare with bla bla bla....END OF MY OWN SCENE FOR THE INTERVIEW..
V.O:you are 25 and u are going to study AET in the us wait,this will be the first time i will be seeing this kind of major here in the embassy(rolling eyes like say he hold shit)and were u admitted into this course wit ACT or wat
V.O:i think u can only get to study majors like this in the technical or .....i do see mechanical engr very well but i have neva seen some with a major like this before in this embassy and why not mech engr? at the same time transferring my passport with my 214b white sheet next thing I AM SORRY I CANT ISSUE U A VISA RIGHT NOW THIS WHITE SHEET WILL EXPLAIN THE REASON WHY I CANT AT THE MOMENT ..

Sorry bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:34pm On Dec 29, 2012
@ Kris kross and I.Joan,

@yemdeb,

Double congrats. Give the lady light love kisses not deep French kisses like that in your bedroom because I know you will be over happy today
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 3:35pm On Dec 29, 2012
imperiouxx: Give the lady light love kisses not deep French kisses like that in your bedroom because I know you will be over happy today

lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:40pm On Dec 29, 2012
makaveli16:

makaveli16: Pls house, I need suggestions on how to resolve this impasse. My I-20 (which should have been delivered on the 18th of december) has been stuck in fedex's facility in POYLE GB (Great britain) since 15th of december. I mailed eshipglobal and they were like it was due to customs delay. Pls, has anyone on this gone through this same predicament? How long does it take for the imbroglio to be resolved? My school resumes on the 15th of January. Thanks
makaveli16:

I'm yet to receive it as @ today. It takes 3-5 business days normally, a friend of mine got his within the time frame. Care less about the amount bro (paid $110 through eshipglobal), care about efficiency. You don't want to walk an inch in my shoes. It's left me distraught and devastated. Keep your head up.
makaveli16:

Thanks for your response bro. You are appreciated. Ph.d? Lol. Can see we are both aligned on the same career path (Mechanical Engineering), keep the flag hoisted. Just hope the Prince of Fedex would allow my package to be delivered with post-haste.

I laugh till one of my teeth turns black . Please wait, in few days you will spar with an ignorant VO with some of your incredible vocabularies. GRE still at work.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 3:43pm On Dec 29, 2012
Congrats to the dude getting married today . . . . .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2012
Yvete:

lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

When the joy is too much you can do anything.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:01pm On Dec 29, 2012
@paywole,

You and I know the reason for your refusal. I wonder if the first VO that refused you earlier on gave your hint like this did. Now, you need to change to Mech Engr. MSU is a good school but it's funny they offer some stuffs of VIU my bad.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2012
Paywole: visa!visa!! visa!!! second refusal in a year anyway no shit..heres the story..Lagos embassy for the 8:30 appointment 4 V.Os we were very few compared to my first interview i was even thinking those V.O wud think lets issue all of them jor.. but mehn that wasn't the case.okay back to the story line
Sorry man! Its a good thing d dude laughed at ur flaws dt way u kw d drills..
Just work on ur wrongs and it shall become a testimony IJN!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 5:09pm On Dec 29, 2012
@ imperioux, how's ur health, hope ure keeping warm !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2012
s-beauty :
@ imperioux, how's ur health, hope ure keeping warm !

Sure sweet beauty. I'm good now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2012
imperiouxx:

Sure sweet beauty. I'm good now.
We thank God

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2012
Sorry Bro...i'm yet to figure out what might have gone wrong, he shouldn't deny you based on the fact that you would be the first to come to the embassy with such course, there's always a first to everything...you sure this is complete or revised?...i'm so sorry bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2012
walex57:
Sorry Bro...i'm yet to figure out what might have gone wrong, he shouldn't deny you based on the fact that you would be the first to come to the embassy with such course, there's always a first to everything...you sure this is complete or revised?...i'm so sorry bro

You got the VO wrong. He wasn't the first to denied paywole, though we don't know the reason for the first deny but I'll buy the idea that the AE Technology sounds to them like a course which should be offered in technical schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2012
imperiouxx:

You got the VO wrong. He wasn't the first to denied paywole, though we don't know the reason for the first deny but I'll buy the idea that the AE Technology sounds to them like a course which should be offered in technical schools.
His first denial was in July nothing to do with the AE , it was on a diff ground, he applied to a cc i think ..
Bt ure right, with d way d dude was laughing(according to his description) its obvious dt kinda course isn't sthg worth stressing a visa for ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2012
s-beauty :

His first denial was in July nothing to do with the AE , it was on a diff ground, he applied to a cc i think ..
Bt ure right, with d way d dude was laughing(according to his description) its obvious dt kinda course isn't sthg worth stressing a visa for ..

Ok. The course is a reputable course in the school but the guy was unfortunate to meet someone who the course sounds like technical to

http://www.mnsu.edu/programs/autoengineertech.html
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2012
imperiouxx:

Thanks so much

Thanks so much

Thanks so much

Thanks so much

You guys are true friends, my one in a million.
Yayyy! Our oga don return! Welcome sir!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2012
imperiouxx:

Ok. The course is a reputable course in the school but the guy was unfortunate to meet someone who the course sounds like technical to

http://www.mnsu.edu/programs/autoengineertech.html
Its what I thot as well, cz Vo's aint thr to judge ur career path bt if they deny u on a basis.... God pass them..he could gv it one more shot before d school resumes if he has faith n finds a date, if not ..(I'm just saying thou,) I really cnt decide for him!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:08pm On Dec 29, 2012
s-beauty :

Its what I thot as well, cz Vo's aint thr to judge ur career path bt if they deny u on a basis.... God pass them..he could gv it one more shot before d school resumes if he has faith n finds a date, if not ..(I'm just saying thou,) I really cnt decide for him!

I strongly concur with you. Though VOs were trained to use their discretions sometimes. He was just a victim of misconception.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:10pm On Dec 29, 2012
bigfrancis21:
Yayyy! Our oga don return! Welcome sir!

Thanks but our only oga is God and He never fails or left us.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2012
Presentation matters in my opinion.

That's a good degree he's got there. I don't think its about the degree. For a VO to laugh at your face is quite sad. There could be other factors that work against a visa applicant. For instance, poor grammar, improper dressing, ... Or bad looks grin grin (this may not be the case in this situation though).

At 25, you should have at least attended a higher institution prior to your application with either transfer credit, associates or a bachelors degree. I'll say the truth that its ridiculous if you're a freshman.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2012
Yvete: Presentation matters in my opinion.

That's a good degree he's got there. I don't think its about the degree. For a VO to laugh at your face is quite sad. There could be other factors that work against a visa applicant. For instance, poor grammar, improper dressing, ... Or bad looks grin grin (this may not be the case in this situation though).

At 25, you should have at least attended a higher institution prior to your application with either transfer credit, associates or a bachelors degree. I'll say the truth that its ridiculous if you're a freshman.

You don start again.....LWKMD o!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2012
imperiouxx: You don start again.....LWKMD o!

Loooool my dear, who are we to question God - the Master creator? Teheehee. You should be appreciative for your cuteness. wink jokes apart, facial looks is not important, but overall presentation is. I heard that people will facial scars or acne are less likely to be favored at job interviews and its scary. I donno how true that is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.