Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,954 members, 7,828,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308970 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 12:36am On Jan 01, 2013
imperiouxx:

Yea, sending my greetings to our Nigeria members.

Oh ok sir.... Them dey future, we dey past cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 12:40am On Jan 01, 2013
kpolli:

Oh ok sir.... Them dey future, we dey past cry

lol....That's life for you. Our own time is coming.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 1:57am On Jan 01, 2013
Happy new year to the Nigerian folks! We go soon join una for 2013.. smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 2:15am On Jan 01, 2013
we hv placed many things in human hands & lost dem, but notin we place in GOD's hands eva gets LOST. I place u & ur famillies in GOD's care 4 multiple blessings, Happy New year Guyz, Love y'll
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 2:51am On Jan 01, 2013
Happy new year to my fellow nairalanders. All spring applicants,receive ur visa by fire in jesus name
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 3:06am On Jan 01, 2013
imperiouxx:

Yea, sending my greetings to our Nigeria members.

Yes o....just as people in Asia entered the new year before us, we have entered the new year b4 you Yankee peeps......all the same....Happy New year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 7:01am On Jan 01, 2013
Happy new year nairaland!!! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by stanogb(m): 11:25am On Jan 01, 2013
[size=13pt]happy new year all[/size]
by the grace of God, this year we will all get our study visa successfully...in Jesus name amen.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 12:20pm On Jan 01, 2013
shoggie: I do not reaaly know what is happening, house please help me out!

I booked my appointment since 24 November 2012 & I chose the only available date which was 26/12/2012 & was confirmed by an email sent to my inbox.
On another ocassion, I received another email stating that my appointment date is 27/12/2012.
Again on December 12 at 4;58 PM, I received a third email stating that my appointment has been rescheduled to January O4, 2013 upon embassy request and that I should log in back into my account to check the details for the new appointment confirmation sent to me.
Then I reported to fellow nairalanders & I was urged to contact them which I did through email & phone call though I could not get through phone . Hence I still considered 04 Jan. to be Ok for me. They did not reply my email until last week Tuesaday (exactly 4 businessday because of break).
Last Friday I received a call from embassy affirming that my appointment is this friday 04/12/2013.

Now, I logged in to my email & I saw another email from embassy stating that my appointment has been rescheduled to next weekend & that they are sorry for any inconveniencies they may have caused me.
House, Since November 24 this is what I have been living for & This is another story.
Please I invite all the GURUS in the House to help me out of this matter.
Honestly, I am DUMBFOUNDED, Speechless indeed a day to my year of Divine Favour
I do not really know what is happening.
The resumption date on my I-20 is no later than January 14, 2013. In short, I would not have finished the processing before the last day of resumption.

I should be obliged to your response.
Thanks.
All i can say is that you pray...cos i've never sen anyone experience such...no chase girl enter new year ooo, my own advice na to pray...don't worry you will be favored...happy new year
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by stanogb(m): 12:28pm On Jan 01, 2013
please pals check this out.
There is a new transcript ordering and delivery service in Nigeria called ETX-NG(etx-ng .com). It allows students to order transcripts from their universities in Nigeria and have such transcripts electronically delivered to any school worldwide. you might find it extremely easy because you wont have to bother traveling down to your school or sending a relative or friend considering the risk of traveling these days. You will also not have to worry about the successful and on-time delivery of the transcripts as the whole process is tracked and status updates are provided to you. ETX-NG stands for Electronic Transcripts Exchange in Nigeria.

what do you think
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by winbyforce: 12:49pm On Jan 01, 2013
Happy new year y'all. 2013- a year of wonderful testimonies!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Snazzygirl: 1:06pm On Jan 01, 2013
@stanogb ....I didn't want to reply u initially but u concluded ur post with "what do u think" so I will be nice this new year and tell u what I tink .....dis website/service is a piece of crap! I just used their price calculator and they practically charged me 20k more than d normal rate of ordering and delivering transcripts in my institution. So their service charge is 20k ...mscheeeeewwwwww. I know most institutions have online platforms of ordering transcripts so I don't know what this service is really about. I really couldn't determine if ur post is an advert or a question, anyways ....if its an advert, pls remove asap.. i refuse to b angry dis new year grin ....cheers!

Happy new year House, this year will be a year of testimonies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 01, 2013
Snazzygirl: @stanogb ....I didn't want to reply u initially but u concluded ur post with "what do u think" so I will be nice this new year and tell u what I tink .....dis website/service is a piece of crap! I just used their price calculator and they practically charged me 20k more than d normal rate of ordering and delivering transcripts in my institution. So their service charge is 20k ...mscheeeeewwwwww. I know most institutions have online platforms of ordering transcripts so I don't know what this service is really about. I really couldn't determine if ur post is an advert or a question, anyways ....if its an advert, pls remove asap.. i refuse to b angry dis new year grin ....cheers!

You are damn right. I checked the price of ordering from my school to a school in the same town and it was 16000. Transcript in my school is not more than 1500, so are they going to use 14500 for mailing within a 15 minute distance?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by stanogb(m): 2:04pm On Jan 01, 2013
Snazzygirl: @stanogb ....I didn't want to reply u initially but u concluded ur post with "what do u think" so I will be nice this new year and tell u what I tink .....dis website/service is a piece of crap! I just used their price calculator and they practically charged me 20k more than d normal rate of ordering and delivering transcripts in my institution. So their service charge is 20k ...mscheeeeewwwwww. I know most institutions have online platforms of ordering transcripts so I don't know what this service is really about. I really couldn't determine if ur post is an advert or a question, anyways ....if its an advert, pls remove asap.. i refuse to b angry dis new year grin ....cheers!

it was recommended to me by someone for sending my transcript...but i can see for myself that their charges are gargantuan...i just want to know if their services are reliable...in case someone has used it before...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 3:08pm On Jan 01, 2013
stan-ogb:
please pals check this out.
There is a new transcript ordering and delivery service in Nigeria called ETX-NG(etx-ng .com). It allows students to order transcripts from their universities in Nigeria and have such transcripts electronically delivered to any school worldwide. you might find it extremely easy because you wont have to bother traveling down to your school or sending a relative or friend considering the risk of traveling these days. You will also not have to worry about the successful and on-time delivery of the transcripts as the whole process is tracked and status updates are provided to you. ETX-NG stands for Electronic Transcripts Exchange in Nigeria.

what do you think

Why should a third party have access to request for my transcript. . . Defeats the purpose of confidentiality. . . . This service should be shut down
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:42pm On Jan 01, 2013
kpolli:

Why should a third party have access to request for my transcript. . . Defeats the purpose of confidentiality. . . . This service should be shut down

Not only shut down, they should be bonded and arrested grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 01, 2013
Happy New Year people
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 7:56pm On Jan 01, 2013
HAPPY NEW YEAR MY PEOPLE!!! Cheers to new beginnings
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 7:57pm On Jan 01, 2013
kpolli:
It's not too late. . . School doesn't resume till second week of next month so u can join me in Florida cool . . .

Mamacita is shaking ke, I think I myt cut my holiday short just to come warm her up wink

kpolli lied here. eyaa smh

kpolli: Hmm, she was in faculty of art. . . Awww didn't know the weather was that bad. . . Wish her speedy recovery. . . Still dunno how I avoided illness myself. . . She should drink lots of tea, eat pepperish food and drink vodka too (helps me recover from flu). . . wud try n send her a pm

Proud Akokite!!! kpolli stop hating tongue yvete collects teas so i drink enough.
Im still waiting. i saw this on nairaland but dere's no where to click. ... You have 6 new Nairaland PMs. Please check your e-mail account now. (Dismiss)
Thnks to mr chris, walex, Ichei anthony, imperriox and all for ur kind wishes. Im well now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:04pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mamacita007:

Proud Akokite!!! kpolli stop hating tongue yvete collects teas so i drink enough.
Im still waiting. i saw this on nairaland but dere's no where to click. ... You have 6 new Nairaland PMs. Please check your e-mail account now. (Dismiss)

Thnks to mr chris, walex, Ichei anthony, imperriox and all for ur kind wishes. Im well now.

You definitely missed your bf within 2 days. Sorry sha and happy you've let go off him in your mind now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 8:05pm On Jan 01, 2013
Yvete: There could be other factors that work against a visa applicant. For instance, poor grammar, improper dressing, ... Or bad looks grin grin (this may not be the case in this situation though).

At 25, you should have at least attended a higher institution prior to your application with either transfer credit, associates or a bachelors degree. I'll say the truth that its ridiculous if you're a freshman.

I no fit laugh abeg wey the laughing smiley.
yvete nwa nnem most people looking for visa their eyes dey red. they will not see d joke in what u said.
american visa is a serious emotional matter.
or is it dat some people dont know the meaning of freshman?
freshman is 100 level so wat shes saying is dat if u;ve ever
attended uni before, mention it to the VO or better still transfer credit
for ur own good.
she will nt laugh at anybody becos of their age. Is it not our big bros that
came for bachelors?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 8:08pm On Jan 01, 2013
imperiouxx: You definitely missed your bf within 2 days. Sorry sha and happy you've let go off him in your mind now.

oga imperrioux which bf again nau? shey walex said i need a man. Im looking for dark skinned man (i no wan born albino), masters level STEM guy only, nigerian is a must, he must not be razz and he must fear God. im not complicated at all. abi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 8:13pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mamacita007:

I didn't lie. . . . Didn't u see my message about my pilot? Hating ke. . . .

Go to the email account you used to register ur NL account and you would see the pm. . .

So madam has adjusted to yankee weather, we thank God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 8:14pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mamacita007:

oga imperrioux which bf again nau? shey walex said i need a man. Im looking for dark skinned man (i no wan born albino), masters level STEM guy only, nigerian is a must, he must not be razz and he must fear God. im not complicated at all. abi

So us razz ones don't have a chance cry cry cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 8:15pm On Jan 01, 2013
kpolli:

I didn't lie. . . . Didn't u see my message about my pilot? Hating ke. . . .

Go to the email account you used to register ur NL account and you would see the pm. . .

So madam has adjusted to yankee weather, we thank God

ok. i'llcheck it.
ive adjusted now buh i still wear gloves for now. llooooll

kpolli: So us razz ones don't have a chance cry cry cry cry

NO! Polish up for ur own good
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 8:18pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mamacita007:

ok. i'llcheck it.
ive adjusted now buh i still wear gloves for now. looool

NO! Polish up for ur own good

So I should start wearing skinny jeans like those your toasters in unilag abi. . . . Naaa would rather stay razz

Gloves for? Biko!!! Me never see that kind cold wey go cos that one ooo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 8:24pm On Jan 01, 2013
for viu students and those of u that want private christian skls do or die. When dey deny ur visa application or warn u on dis thread, its for ur own good.

Little-Known Colleges Exploit Visa Loopholes to Make Millions Off Foreign Students

By Tom Bartlett, Karin Fischer, and Josh Keller

Early on a Friday morning, four college students stand shivering in the parking lot of an office complex in Sterling, Va. The building itself is unremarkable, red brick and dark glass, but security cameras are bolted to the walls, cement posts line the perimeter, and coils of concertina wire surround the trash bins. This is a branch of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the investigative arm of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

But a Chronicle investigation suggests that Tri-Valley is only the beginning. Other colleges—most of them unaccredited—exploit byzantine federal regulations, enrolling almost exclusively foreign students and charging them upward of $3,000 for a chance to work legally in the United States. They flourish in California and Virginia, where regulations are lax, and many of their practices—for instance, holding some classes on only three weekends per semester—are unconventional, to say the least. These colleges usher in thousands of foreign students and generate millions of dollars in profits because they have the power, bestowed by the U.S. government, to help students get visas.

While these institutions are well-known among Indian students looking to work full time, they have managed to go mostly unnoticed in the United States. That anonymity is just fine with Daniel Ho, the owner of the University of Northern Virginia, an unaccredited college that has called itself the most popular American university for Indian students. Says Mr. Ho: "We don't want people to know us."

But even a cursory examination of Tri-Valley reveals problems. The Web site is rife with misspellings, creative grammar, and apparent untruths. It says, for example, that the university is accredited by the International Association of Bible Colleges and Seminaries, but an official there said Tri-Valley was never a member and that the association doesn't offer accreditation. Purported faculty members who appear on Tri-Valley's Web site say they never taught there. One of the four members of the university's advisory board, Sung Hu, a professor of electrical engineering at San Francisco State University, say that while he accepted an invitation from Ms. Su to be an adviser years ago, the board had never met.

How could such a transparently troubled institution become certified by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to enroll international students? As Tri-Valley officials discovered, loopholes and vague wording in the rules make it relatively easy for an upstart university to get approval.

The rush of Indian students to such a new college would have raised concerns among American consular officials in India if they had seen a flood of visa requests from admitted Tri-Valley students. But the university exploited a rule that allows students to gain admission to one college, secure a visa, then transfer to another without ever setting foot on the first campus. The Indian government found that only 10 students had been granted visas directly from U.S. Consulates in India to attend these institutions.

The tensions are continuing to play out. When the four former Tri-Valley students were interrogated at the immigration office in Northern Virginia, federal agents seemed skeptical that they really were victims. They must have realized, one agent told them, that Tri-Valley wasn't what it claimed. The students responded that Tri-Valley had approval from U.S. immigration services. How were they supposed to know it wasn't operating within the bounds of the law if the government didn't?

After hours of questioning, one of the four was arrested and released on his own recognizance. He will have to appear in front of an immigration judge. After his release, the student seemed to be in shock, muttering that his life had been ruined. Once outside the building, he put his hand over his face and began to weep.

As for the three other former Tri-Valley students, one will be attending the University of Northern Virginia. The other two are enrolled at nearby University of North America, located on the second floor of a Wachovia bank building. The university barely existed just a few months ago, with fewer than two dozen students. Now it may enroll as many as 75 former Tri-Valley students. It has three closet-size classrooms, a small computer lab, and a skeleton staff.

WATCH OUT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mamacita007:

lolz....anything special abt STEM?
Mamacita007: for viu students and those of u that want private christian skls do or die. When dey deny ur visa application or warn u on dis thread, its for ur own good.

Little-Known Colleges Exploit Visa Loopholes to Make Millions Off Foreign Students

By Tom Bartlett, Karin Fischer, and Josh Keller

Early on a Friday morning, four college students stand shivering in the parking lot of an office complex in Sterling, Va. The building itself is unremarkable, red brick and dark glass, but security cameras are bolted to the walls, cement posts line the perimeter, and coils of concertina wire surround the trash bins. This is a branch of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the investigative arm of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
People will not answer, na when them refuse them visa, them go start to cry.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 8:58pm On Jan 01, 2013
kpolli:
So I should start wearing skinny jeans like those your toasters in unilag abi. . . . Naaa would rather stay razz

Gloves for? Biko!!! Me never see that kind cold wey go cos that one ooo

llooooll go jor!!! not skinny jeans but fitted clothes nau. dont u like to look sharp? everybody is laughing at me but soon my body will adjust to the system. my small cousin put on the AC last night and this boy never wears shirt while im always complaining about cold. They'll wait for me to sleep then put off the central heater so I bought the small heater that i carry around the house. lloooooll
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 8:58pm On Jan 01, 2013
moroh:

Yes, we have three heads, 6 brains and two hearts
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 8:59pm On Jan 01, 2013
moroh:

so u're not in STEM too... moroh no fall my hand oo.looool
whats ur major?
i wont say sorry bro to anybody that wont avoid these skls or write a test. na dem sabi grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 9:03pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mamacita007:

looool go jor!!! not skinny jeans but fitted clothes nau. dont u like to look sharp?
everybody is laughing at me but soon my body will adjust to the system. my small cousin put on the AC last night and this boy never wears shirt while im always complaining about cold. They'll wait for me to sleep then put off the central heater so I bought the small heater that i carry around the house. loooool

lol grin grin grin grin grin

Pele. . . .

If it is by fitted shirt then na me sharp pass wink

But I like movies like Omo ghetto smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.