Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,444 members, 7,812,335 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308308 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phateemah73(f): 10:57am On Dec 30, 2012
Sorry house the resumption date on my i 20 is jan8 and my appointment date is on the 4, is the date ok or not. Then what shld i fill on the ds 160 wen asked the intended date of travel if the date is ok. Pls for God sake is urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 11:51am On Dec 30, 2012
walex57:
Bro...lemme tell you the fact...to get a job as an international student is like taking a camel through a needle's eye...what work are you thinking about sef...$8 per hour job for 20 hours or less a week? i will advise you do not defer after entry else you will fall "out of status"....defer before coming and remain in naija till your deferment is over or when you have acquired enough money...USA is not for faint-hearted international students ooo...don't worry bro it is well
Well said bro.
In addition, you get to see hell in america when you go over as an INTERNATIONAL STUDENT without any form of financial aid (partial/full scholarships, graduate assistantship, etc) whatsoever from your intended school and your parents ain't financially buoyant. Men, na so suffer suffer you go ðε̲̣̣̣̥Ɣ suffer. If you really want to enjoy your study time in the US, try applying for and obtaining any form of financial aid from your prospective schools if you know your parents ain't like the ilks of Ifeanyi Uba, Dangote etc. International students pay tuition twice the amount residents pay. Of course you know what that means. Know your priorities and start early to set them right. It is very important.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kross1: 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2012
@ Walex and @ ALL, good 'noon. Pls how do I get a cheap flight to houston texas on the 11.1.2013. D prices am seeing r outrageous. Pls help one, help all. Tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dmoney104(m): 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2012
@gurus in d house, which of d standardized exams shud I take 4 my case...Going 4 masters in ( tesol) fall 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dmoney104(m): 1:26pm On Dec 30, 2012
@gurus in d house, which of d standardized exams shud I take 4 my case...Going 4 masters in ( tesol) fall 2013 and hw much dos d exams cost.??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:24pm On Dec 30, 2012
funmiad: pls house..can i defer my admission after entering the US.. or..?? cos i for like 2 work for a while ooo..is it possible..?? pls i need ur advice on this ASAP.

Answer: It's not possible except you are the most lucky JJC Nigerian in America to get an illegally job and if caught (of which I'm sure you will if you ever ever get such job), you are on your way back to Nigeria. And how will you even get a job without SSN and reference letter?.....all about off campus job for a F1 visa carrier at the expense of schooling or while actively schooling tend to infinitesimal.

Another heart breaker is that in America, instead of them giving an illegal Nigerian job, they will rather give it to illegal Mexicans because a Nigerian can't speak Spanish to Spanish customers but a Mexican will do. One more thing, illegal Mexican without job are well known to salvage dumpsters, I'm sure you don't wish for that.

phateemah73: Sorry house the resumption date on my i 20 is jan8 and my appointment date is on the 4, is the date ok or not. Then what shld i fill on the ds 160 wen asked the intended date of travel if the date is ok

Ask your school for a letter that can permit your coming few days behind resumption. Classes start in most schools on Jan 14, that Jan 8 might be your orientation day.

+kross:
@ Walex and @ ALL, good 'noon. Pls how do I get a cheap flight to houston texas on the 11.1.2013. D prices am seeing r outrageous. Pls help one, help all. Tnx

The moment we cross over to Jan, any flight booked within Jan-Feb will be outrageous. Your aim is to resume with the school, so it's either you leave Nigeria today or tomorrow 31 at reasonable price or you book that outrageous flight ticket and get to school in Jan or you wait till beginning of Mar when everything comes down.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
+kross:
Go to wakanow and try different dates,close to that date. You might just find that traveling during weekdays may be cheaper. You may find round trip tickets cheaper than one-way too. Just work around different dates.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Snazzygirl: 3:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
@+kross, u need to book ur ticket like YESTERDAY. Its so crazy right now ....and u need to book now cz prices increase everyday. u shd check Qatar airways and Emirates 4 d cheapest fares esp if u r considering one way. Hmmmnnn .....all d best findin a cheap ticket on ur preferrd date.

@Imperiouxx, sent u a msg yesterday ...crazy mtn didn't deliver it. Ow u dey?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:20pm On Dec 30, 2012
moroh:
Go to wakanow and try different dates,close to that date. You might just find that traveling during weekdays may be cheaper. You may find round trip tickets cheaper than one-way too. Just work around different dates.

Even he tries with different combinations of website, airline, time, day, route and direction of flight, Jan 1 - early Mar are the most expensive and can't be compare with Dec.

Snazzygirl: @Imperiouxx, sent u a msg yesterday ...crazy mtn didn't deliver it. Ow u dey?

No qualms, there is always another. I'm good, thanks. Soon MTN issue will be over.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2012
Yvete:

Hmnnn are you saying that you don't comment on romance topics like 'I love her but she's too shy. Pls Help!' cheesy cheesy
They are a more lively over there with funny names and hidden jokes thrown around.

You astute girl. . . . I go there when am extremely bored and idle. . . And as they say "an idle mind is. . ". . . You can't compare now to when I had romance section bookmarked on my browser, b4 the new regime went there and turned the place into cliques zone. . . Maybe I would one day give you some NL stories I have heard and even observed myself
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 3:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
funmiad: pls house..can i defer my admission after entering the US.. or..?? cos i for like 2 work for a while ooo..is it possible..?? pls i need ur advice on this ASAP.

Why would you want to do this? You won't be able to work or do anything within this period and you would be required to not reside in the USA at that period
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2012
Yvete:

I believe you're hot all day, everyday. grin

Take my comment as read. I was trying to figure out why the VO laughed. Okay? Starting all over as a freshman is what I find improper and presumed that the VO could have as well because its costs you more money and more years. Do you ride a bicycle from Lag to Abj when you can ride a bus or fly to your destination faster? That's my reasoning behind the comment that someone else could not grasp. Unless you have no certifications/diploma/degree you can try again this semester giving solid examples that explain how productively you've been working towards the Automotive degree.

When you say automobile, most people would immediately think Michigan because of its auto industry. If you don't try again this semester, apply to stellar Colleges like Michigan State (MSU) for the same degree or Mech. Eng elsewhere. PS: The automotive degree is popular with schools like Everest and co ... technical schools. When you come in for a bachelors in the US, your major is unofficial and you're not allowed to declare officially till the 1st semester your junior year. Meaning: You can switch your degree plan as soon as you step foot in the college. My older sis went from a Diploma in Accounting at UniAbuja -> One semester at Texas A&M Accounting -> changed her mind to UT Austin for BS Nursing then MS Nursing. It was fast. If its easier to get a visa with Mech. Eng, go for it. All the best.

Henceforth, I refuse to anyone who's reasoning is obviously skewed, poses with fake Christian empathy and used my name maliciously. ....

Sorry Walex ... Life goes on.

Calm down dear (my new slogan)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
@fumiad
You can check this website 'www.eatright.org' for detailed info on the ACEND accredited schools that offer MS in nut&dietetics. No one can decide a school for you.There are many questions you will need to ask yourself that nobody here has an answer to. For example, we don't know if u want to be an RD or you just want to be a nutritionist(this is an important question u'll have to answer,bc it will determine the track u'l follow), we don't know ur GPA, neither do we know how much you can afford for tuition. Do your research through that website, and also check out the website of your desired school for updated info.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Dotphil: 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2012
Pls all, i need ur assistance. I need TOEFL materials esp the 12th edition of Kaplan. I already downloaded 1 but didn't get d CD for listening wit it. Anybody with a link dat can help as my test is jst weeks away . Ur gesture will be highly appreciated
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ChitownBase: 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2012
[b][color=#770077][b][b][color=#770077][quote author=funmiad]pls house..can i defer my admission after entering the US.. or..?? cos i for like 2 work for a while ooo..is it possible..?? pls i need ur advice on this ASAP.[/quote

@Funmi the only way u can work is wen u register with the school u are goin to attend den u can look for jobs on campus and its only a 20hr job for 8.25per hr

thats in IL with other states i think the minimum wage is even lesser so its better u have enuf financial backup before u enter Usa, becos getting job outside

school my dear is so close to impossible and if caught u will be deported for breaking the law. its so funny becos i talked about this issue in part 2 and one

yankison said if u have money for flight he can survive in America that i shud not discourage him, becos i survived in America He too will survive its so funny.

so all am saying is carry as enuf as u can atleast for first semster then work during the summer 40hrs full time then u shud be fine and also apply for GA if u are a graduate student...my 2cents!!! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sholexxx(m): 10:29pm On Dec 30, 2012
Plsss house I need an advice asap..I jst got an admision I usa want start another degree in us after finishing an hnd in naija n my passport reads 28yr..can I b granted visa. Plsssssss I ned sum advice. Tanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 11:17pm On Dec 30, 2012
sholexxx: Plsss house I need an advice asap..I jst got an admision I usa want start another degree in us after finishing an hnd in naija n my passport reads 28yr..can I b granted visa. Plsssssss I ned sum advice. Tanks

My guess is that your not 28
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 11:25pm On Dec 30, 2012
+kross:
I think you have been well answered by snazzygirl, imperiouxx and others,...if you feel the price is too outrageous, then consider breaking your flight to see if it gets any cheaper...like go to www.wakanow.com and search for flights from Lagos to New York (which is always the cheapest flight destination from nigeria to the USA)probably royal air maroc, eygptair and so, don't consider iberia, arik, british airways and the likes cos their prices fit break neck at this peroid, then search on google for flights from NY to Houston probably jetblue airlines...you will need to spend the money all the same if you must meet your resumption date so act fast...all the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by successgrace: 12:15am On Dec 31, 2012
phateemah73: Sorry house the resumption date on my i 20 is jan8 and my appointment date is on the 4, is the date ok or not. Then what shld i fill on the ds 160 wen asked the intended date of travel if the date is ok. Pls for God sake is urgent

Like Imperrioxx said just get a letter from the school and you will be fine,in fact you can resume a week after the commencement of classes so if your classes starts lets say on the 14th of Jan you can come in on the 20th and start school on the 21 so collect your visa and book your flight and jet in as soon as you can all u need is just a letter from your school
Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phy: 2:56am On Dec 31, 2012
@successgrace, how're doing? send me an email via my contact.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 4:13am On Dec 31, 2012
bigfrancis21:
Yayyy! Our oga don return! Welcome sir!

Yes boss....our chairman is back.....the ogbuefi 1 of Nairaland....any other is a what o....counterfeit..... grin...Abeg don't fall sick again o. wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 4:35am On Dec 31, 2012
Yvete:

I believe you're hot all day, everyday. grin

Take my comment as read. I was trying to figure out why the VO laughed. Okay? Starting all over as a freshman is what I find improper and presumed that the VO could have as well because its costs you more money and more years. Do you ride a bicycle from Lag to Abj when you can ride a bus or fly to your destination faster? That's my reasoning behind the comment that someone else could not grasp. Unless you have no certifications/diploma/degree you can try again this semester giving solid examples that explain how productively you've been working towards the Automotive degree.

When you say automobile, most people would immediately think Michigan because of its auto industry. If you don't try again this semester, apply to stellar Colleges like Michigan State (MSU) for the same degree or Mech. Eng elsewhere. PS: The automotive degree is popular with schools like Everest and co ... technical schools. When you come in for a bachelors in the US, your major is unofficial and you're not allowed to declare officially till the 1st semester your junior year. Meaning: You can switch your degree plan as soon as you step foot in the college. My older sis went from a Diploma in Accounting at UniAbuja -> One semester at Texas A&M Accounting -> changed her mind to UT Austin for BS Nursing then MS Nursing. It was fast. If its easier to get a visa with Mech. Eng, go for it. All the best.

Henceforth, I refuse to anyone who's reasoning is obviously skewed, poses with fake Christian empathy and used my name maliciously. ....

Sorry Walex ... Life goes on.

Yvete...I really have some questions for you regarding some aspect I am confused about....it's kinda personal though...gimme your email so I can email you directly. Thanks.

PS. How's Señorita Mamacita doing now....my warm regards 2her. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phateemah73(f): 11:19am On Dec 31, 2012
@successgrace, can i just print out the reply of the mail i sent to them to the embassy because the letter may not reach here before my interview date if i should tell them to send it with all this holiday or the embassy don't need any letter. pls i need ur advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Snazzygirl: 11:58am On Dec 31, 2012
@Phateemah73, d email reply sounds good but I don't knw if it is sufficient. Concerning d letter, u can tell dem 2 write it on their letter head and scan to u. U'll print d scanned copy and take it to d embassy.

House, pls who knows d available interview dates @ Abuja embassy as of today. Thnks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phateemah73(f): 12:05pm On Dec 31, 2012
tanx snazzygirl
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 2:54pm On Dec 31, 2012
phateemah73: @successgrace, can i just print out the reply of the mail i sent to them to the embassy because the letter may not reach here before my interview date if i should tell them to send it with all this holiday or the embassy don't need any letter. pls i need ur advice

Just as snazzygirl said, you may ask them to scan the extension letter written on a letterheaded paper, that I'm sure is sufficient.

Also just to let u know that even email printouts have worked very well for all the people I know, so I think you'll be just fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phateemah73(f): 6:00pm On Dec 31, 2012
Tanx much @ square65, i really appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shoggie(m): 8:53pm On Dec 31, 2012
I do not reaaly know what is happening, house please help me out!

I booked my appointment since 24 November 2012 & I chose the only available date which was 26/12/2012 & was confirmed by an email sent to my inbox.
On another ocassion, I received another email stating that my appointment date is 27/12/2012.
Again on December 12 at 4;58 PM, I received a third email stating that my appointment has been rescheduled to January O4, 2013 upon embassy request and that I should log in back into my account to check the details for the new appointment confirmation sent to me.
Then I reported to fellow nairalanders & I was urged to contact them which I did through email & phone call though I could not get through phone . Hence I still considered 04 Jan. to be Ok for me. They did not reply my email until last week Tuesaday (exactly 4 businessday because of break).
Last Friday I received a call from embassy affirming that my appointment is this friday 04/12/2013.

Now, I logged in to my email & I saw another email from embassy stating that my appointment has been rescheduled to next weekend & that they are sorry for any inconveniencies they may have caused me.
House, Since November 24 this is what I have been living for & This is another story.
Please I invite all the GURUS in the House to help me out of this matter.
Honestly, I am DUMBFOUNDED, Speechless indeed a day to my year of Divine Favour
I do not really know what is happening.
The resumption date on my I-20 is no later than January 14, 2013. In short, I would not have finished the processing before the last day of resumption.

I should be obliged to your response.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MrChris1(m): 12:01am On Jan 01, 2013
Wishing All My Honorable Members Of This Wonderful Thread A Happy & Prosperous New Year!!! Its 2013!!! GLORY BE TO GOD ALMIGHTY!!!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 12:02am On Jan 01, 2013
Happy New Year guyz!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 12:30am On Jan 01, 2013
imperiouxx: Happy New Year guyz!

Bros, we still dey 2012 oooh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 12:32am On Jan 01, 2013
kpolli:

Bros, we still dey 2012 oooh

Yea, sending my greetings to our Nigeria members.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.