Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,676 members, 7,955,490 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:25 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (938476 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (443) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nawtyqutekushj(m): 9:38pm On Apr 30, 2017
luvinhubby:

The stiffness and leakage is from the steering rack, it is better replaced as any repair is just to postpone judgement day cheesy, it will surely come.

Oh thanks, Honda and Issue grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by smellingmenses: 9:46pm On Apr 30, 2017
nawtyqutekushj:

Oh thanks, Honda and Issue grin
I am loving my Honda civic... 20 years old
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 01, 2017
Luvinhubby

I need alternator & compressor.

4 plugs 05 Accord.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ping2ping: 12:02pm On May 02, 2017
Hello @luvinhubby. Though i started a tread on this but i felt you could still be of help.

I have a honda accord 1996 (a.k.a Honda Bulldog). I'm having issues with the car. First is that the idle run is very high, 1500 - 2000RPM. I took it to the mechanic, they services the throttle body and IACV and FITV but the problem continued. Another mechanic now used foam to block the two holes inside the throttle body and the problem of high idle run stopped. It runs now at about 800-1000RPM. Another issue started, the car just stalls intermittently mostly when you want to move the car, like if you start it starts normally, idles normally, but once you engage the gear to drive and press the throttle pedal, the car will stall with the dashboard lights on. If you start it right after it starts normally. This happens randomly that i cannot predict when it will happen. If somehow i manage to make it not to stall when it want to by quickly depressing the gas pedal hard it will move but at any point i brake that the car will come to a stop, if i want to move again as in press the gas pedal the engine will go off. As a result at times the car goes off on the road.

I have gone to several mechanics and car electricians yet the issue has persisted. Sometimes if i go to the mechanic the problem will not occur and i will not be able to simulate it.

In the process of trying to resolve the problem, i have replaced the following: fuel pump, distributor, fuel pump relay, plugs, throttle body.

I will appreciate any help to resolve this problem.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by michaelchinedu(m): 1:53am On May 03, 2017
I have a tokunbo Benz C220 "97" for sale @ 1.2 Million,
It is very clean. 
Direct from Germany.
call +2347036879479 Or you Can WhatsApp me too for more pictures and clean Business thanks

benz C220 1997 for sale

alloy wheels

Power windows

power door locks

Air Bags

ABS

5 speed Auto Transmission

open roof

auto

Factory fitted AC

*Direct from Germany*.

Price - 1.2 million
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Qasimak1: 4:42pm On May 03, 2017
Are you looking for another income that can sustain you and your family, are you a salary earner while can't try to venture business that can still fetch you apart from your salary.
Transportation business is a lucrative business in this era of recession in Nigeria like Tricycle business is a very lucrative business in this era of recession/hardship in our country, if you are in a very remote area you can be getting something around #4000 to #5000 daily after deducting daily expenses and you can get fairly used of this tricycle for # 250,000 to #300,000 and to learn how to drive/
ride it is not difficult, if you're in Lagos or
Ibadan I get help you to get one.
my contact detail is
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 7:33am On May 04, 2017
bigsecsyde:
Oga Gazzuzz, The check engine light started blinking today and my car won't accelerate very well. What could be the cause sir and probable solution. It's a 2008 Accord.
from my most recent experience... The fault could most likely be from the nozzles.. It should be serviced.. It happened to me last week.. But.. First.. Check the plugs and plug wires.. Mine is fixed now..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Yewandequeen(f): 8:48am On May 04, 2017
misterkelly:
I drive a Honda civic 2004 model. it doesn't accelerate well on time (race well) after ignition or after braking.
What could be the problem and possible solution?

And I notice that the hand brake sign on the dashboard is always on, irrespective of whether it is on hand brake or not?
What could be the problem and solution?

I Got ur mail, responded but it bounced back.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by gen2man1(m): 9:36pm On May 04, 2017
Please, how much will Honda shuttle 1994 booth cost
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by gen2man1(m): 9:36pm On May 04, 2017
Please, how much will Honda shuttle 1995 booth cost
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 4:48pm On May 05, 2017
Obaluf0n:
Luvinhubby

I need alternator & compressor.

4 plugs 05 Accord.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 4:49pm On May 05, 2017
gen2man1:
Please, how much will Honda shuttle 1995 booth cost

₦25,000 with the glass.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by paymentvoucher: 1:57pm On May 06, 2017
Please how much will steering rack for Honda Accord 1997 (ACADEMY/BULLDOG) cost.

CC Gazzuzz Luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ayloaded04: 9:31pm On May 07, 2017
Gurus in the house please help. I have a 2004 Honda Accord v6.

First problem is that whenever I depress the accelerator too quickly, the car jerks like it's gonna go off until I stop accelerating and it returns back to normal. If I accelerate steadily and let it run through its normal course, the car moves normally. This happens both when I'm moving from an idle state and when I'm in motion.

Secondly the car seems to be throwing a hard start of late. It's worse when the car has been idle for days. It usually goes back off on the first couple of starts except I keep my foot on the accelerator
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by smellingmenses: 11:49pm On May 07, 2017
seems like a fuel pressure issue...have you checked your filter?
Ayloaded04:
Gurus in the house please help. I have a 2004 Honda Accord v6.

First problem is that whenever I depress the accelerator too quickly, the car jerks like it's gonna go off until I stop accelerating and it returns back to normal. If I accelerate steadily and let it run through its normal course, the car moves normally. This happens both when I'm moving from an idle state and when I'm in motion.

Secondly the car seems to be throwing a hard start of late. It's worse when the car has been idle for days. It usually goes back off on the first couple of starts except I keep my foot on the accelerator
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 07, 2017
luvinhubby:

₦25,000 with the glass.
Hello please I need Honda civic 1995/96 front wheel bearing.. the two sides.. and tie rod complete.
Price please. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dipson4u08(m): 4:47am On May 08, 2017
Billyonaire:
Honda is for starters.....Apart from Cross Tour, I dont see any Honda worth driving...
And dont be surprice that guy is a driver....
Odee

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ayloaded04: 5:08am On May 08, 2017
smellingmenses:
seems like a fuel pressure issue...have you checked your filter?

Thanks will do
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by damuseron(m): 6:14am On May 09, 2017
What is the cost of upper arm and ball joints + needed accessories for 06 Honda accord please, luvinhubby, gazzuzz.
Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by phaamsaam: 12:07pm On May 09, 2017
Greetings, Gurus in the house, I have an Eod 2005 V6, noticed an engine display on the left of dash board, also a triangle display and TCS prompt on dashboard, recently AC started to misbehave, a startling noise comes up when you put on the AC, when starting the car, TCS doesn't show but comes up after few mins of driving... What could be wrong
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by phaamsaam: 1:06pm On May 09, 2017
Gazzuzz can I get your contact, am in Lagos
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:38pm On May 09, 2017
phaamsaam:
Greetings, Gurus in the house, I have an Eod 2005 V6, noticed an engine display on the left of dash board, also a triangle display and TCS prompt on dashboard, recently AC started to misbehave, a startling noise comes up when you put on the AC, when starting the car, TCS doesn't show but comes up after few mins of driving... What could be wrong

Your vehicle will require a scan. If you go to your profile settings and write something on your signature, you will be able to see other people's signatures

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by phaamsaam: 2:11pm On May 09, 2017
Ok thanks brosO
GAZZUZZ:

Your vehicle will require a scan. If you go to your profile settings and write something on your signature, you will be able to see other people's signatures
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 10, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Can the section highlighted​ in the image be replaced?

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:15pm On May 10, 2017
SmartChoices:

Can the section highlighted​ in the image be replaced?

That's part of the chassis, if it's bad, vehicle should be scrapped. But in nigeria, we cut and weld.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 9:03pm On May 10, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

That's part of the chassis, if it's bad, vehicle should be scrapped. But in nigeria, we cut and weld.

. . . otherwise, it can be 'replaced'
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 10, 2017
inze:

. . . otherwise, it can be 'replaced'
Replace​d? Care to explain further?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 10:22pm On May 10, 2017
SmartChoices:

Replace​d? Care to explain further?

. . . just as my Oga at the top has said
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 10, 2017
inze:

. . . just as my Oga at the top has said
Inze!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Opeolami(m): 10:44pm On May 10, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

my baby boy vibrate but stop when on acceleration. also I need a compressor and steering. tnx
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 10:46pm On May 10, 2017
SmartChoices:

Inze!

. . . what i do?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 10, 2017
inze:

. . . what i do?
I am not​ready to replace my civic....Any other suggestions suggestions​?

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (443) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.