Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (893557 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Otutu1(m): 4:29pm On Feb 08, 2018
Good day house, please my accord 2007 was worked on for a period and after that the keyless entry stopped working. the battery of the remote was changed but the light doesnt come on. the light inside the car still blinks when its locked
do i need a new security system?

and my navigation code was lost, can i retrieve it?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 4:58pm On Feb 08, 2018
Otutu1:
Good day house, please my accord 2007 was worked on for a period and after that the keyless entry stopped working. the battery of the remote was changed but the Light doesnt come on. the light inside the car still blinks when its locked
do i need a new security system?

what work was done and which light does not come on?

my navigation code was lost, can i retrieve it?

Navigation code can be retrieved
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:33pm On Feb 08, 2018
Uchmanitalo:
Pls the house...Though I am posting out of what is being discussed right here,but I thought that I can use this forum to get the idea of what I am looking for.I am a Nigerian living in Germany.I have a half bus load of assorted wheel bolts/nuts...I am about to ship the bus,herein,I would like to know if any one know about the wholesale prices of used wheel bolts/nuts...pls your professional idea will help me a lot...thank you all.

shocked shocked shocked shocked Bus load of wheel nuts?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2018
tobianthony:
Newbie here to this Sub ...

Question please my gear box got broken by an object along the high way .

Bought another one for 140 k .

My mechanic just told me that I need to buy engine mounting - 3 pieces and gear mounting - 1 piece . At the rate of 6k for one . He's says without it the engine will continue to make a lot of noise when using the AC and when a jerk noise when I change gear .

It's a Honda discussion continues .

Can someone educate and enlighten on this ?

Appreciate it guys .

Very generous of you.

The car vibrates on ac and jerks when gear is selected from P to D. Most likely front engine seat is the bad one, or worse, front and back, a manual check should show the bad one.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by timifakay(m): 9:06pm On Feb 08, 2018
snowlord:
Please....I need help...my Honda accord 2011 showing dz service A _ -3079,m thinking about replacing d oil
Cc:luvinghubby,Gazzuzz

This means you have not been resetting your oil life counter each time you service the vehicle and you have traveled 3079miles since the time it got to 0% oil life when you were supposed to service engine and reset oil life counter.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Otutu1(m): 11:42am On Feb 10, 2018
thebigkendo:

what work was done and which light does not come on?

Navigation code can be retrieved
The light on the key doesn't show when its pressed, seems its dead but the dashboard security light still blinks

Please how can i go about the navigation code?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by snowlord(m): 12:04pm On Feb 10, 2018
luvinhubby:

And reset the oil life indicator when done, else it will keep showing you old% oil life.
tanx will do so
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by snowlord(m): 12:05pm On Feb 10, 2018
timifakay:

This means you have not been resetting your oil life counter each time you service the vehicle and you have traveled 3079miles since the time it got to 0% oil life when you were supposed to service engine and reset oil life counter.
tanx will reset it

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 12:47pm On Feb 10, 2018
Otutu1:
The light on the key doesn't show when its pressed, seems its dead but the dashboard security light still blinks

Please how can i go about the navigation code?

Post the VIN and serial number for your radio here a d you'll be provided with both radio a d navigation code.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 2:13pm On Feb 10, 2018
I have an issue with my power steering system. It keeps vomiting fluid and this reduces the level making the pump come up with the whining noise. In seeking for a quick cheap fix. I had the hose connecting to the rack replaced and yet the situation hasn’t changed. When it’s observed with engine on. The fluid swirl round with no foaming. When the wheel is turned, it goes up a bit with no vomiting but when driven. A noticeable amount of fluid is observed all over the reservoir.

Do I have a bad power steering pump? The pump has been worked on before but works perfectly when the fluid level is at max. It’s a 2008 4cyl accord. Also, is it normal for the steering fluid to spin heavily in the reservoir?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Otutu1(m): 7:50pm On Feb 10, 2018
inze:

Post the VIN and serial number for your radio here a d you'll be provided with both radio a d navigation code.
please where can i find the serial number of the radio?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 10:07pm On Feb 10, 2018
Otutu1:
please where can i find the serial number of the radio?

Turn the ignition switch to ACC (I).
Turn on the audio unit, and make sure you see COdE in the upper display. If you don’t see this message, pull the backup fuse for 1 minute, and then go back to step 1.
Turn off the audio unit.
Press and hold the top halves of the SEEK/SKIP and CH/DISC bars, and then press and release the PWR/VOL knob. This display toggles between two screens.
The first screen displays a U and the first four digits of the serial number (for example, U2200).
The second screen displays an L and the last four digits of the serial number (for example, L0055).
Ignore the U and L, and write down all eight digits

. . . copied. . .

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nitt: 11:09pm On Feb 10, 2018
Hello, please house i need help on my car's steering going very stiff after some minutes of driving.

The power steering leaked oil and the hose was changed but now the stiff thing has come up.

The car is 2005 accord 4 cylinder. Thank you as you reply
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by soloehis(m): 3:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
Pls my 2003 honda civic hatchback is jerking when transmitting on D3 but drives fine on D2 what could be the cause?
and secondly my ATF is dark I intend draining it.. like how many liters of ATF will I be needing?pls I need ur urgent response..thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by soloehis(m): 2:53pm On Feb 13, 2018
soloehis:
Pls my 2003 honda civic hatchback is jerking when transmitting on D3 but drives fine on D2 what could be the cause?
and secondly my ATF is dark I intend draining it.. like how many liters of ATF will I be needing?pls I need ur urgent response..thanks
so na like this we go dey dey
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 5:03pm On Feb 13, 2018
Please what might be causing my gear lever not to move up into R and P and also not to move lower into 2 and 1. It’s only moving between N, D and D3

I had just changed the cv joints, knock sensor, fuel pump and the whole engine fuse box before noticing this as the mechanic finished his work.

Is this an electrical or a mechanical issue? The mechanic went under the car to remove the gear cable and yet the gear lever is still not moving into those gears.

Any suggestions? I don’t have a scan tool. Honda Accord 2004 i4
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 7:06am On Feb 14, 2018
lilkech:
Please what might be causing my gear lever not to move up into R and P and also not to move lower into 2 and 1. It’s only moving between N, D and D3

I had just changed the cv joints, knock sensor, fuel pump and the whole engine fuse box before noticing this as the mechanic finished his work.

Is this an electrical or a mechanical issue? The mechanic went under the car to remove the gear cable and yet the gear lever is still not moving into those gears.

Any suggestions? I don’t have a scan tool

What car is this
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:27am On Feb 14, 2018
soloehis:

Change the ATF first with 4 litres of DW1, clean out the gear solenoid and do a scan to determine if either your gear 2 and 3 switch is faulty.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by soloehis(m): 9:25am On Feb 14, 2018
luvinhubby:

Change the ATF first with 4 litres of DW1, clean out the gear solenoid and do a scan to determine if either your gear 2 and 3 switch is faulty.
God bless you bro
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by soloehis(m): 9:25am On Feb 14, 2018
luvinhubby:

God bless you bro..thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 9:34am On Feb 14, 2018
mayor2013:

What car is this

It’s a Honda Accord 2004 i4 sir
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 10:51am On Feb 14, 2018
Flyingman:
I have an issue with my power steering system. It keeps vomiting fluid and this reduces the level making the pump come up with the whining noise. In seeking for a quick cheap fix. I had the hose connecting to the rack replaced and yet the situation hasn’t changed. When it’s observed with engine on. The fluid swirl round with no foaming. When the wheel is turned, it goes up a bit with no vomiting but when driven. A noticeable amount of fluid is observed all over the reservoir.

Do I have a bad power steering pump? The pump has been worked on before but works perfectly when the fluid level is at max. It’s a 2008 4cyl accord. Also, is it normal for the steering fluid to spin heavily in the reservoir?

Hello fellow Honda users, can someone help affirm if this is a problem. The fluid in PS reservoir tank spins round like a tornado (no foaming). What could cause so much pressure in the tank?. Steering turns well still. I see for some cars, it’s idle with less pressure on YouTube.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 11:03am On Feb 14, 2018
lilkech:

It’s a Honda Accord 2004 i4 sir

Check selector cable- could have been over stretched. Also when you match your brake pedal do the brake lights come up
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jedisco(m): 5:57pm On Feb 14, 2018
lilkech:

Any suggestions? I don’t have a scan tool. Honda Accord 2004 i4

Good day.
I may also need to change my Engine Fuse box.
How much did it cost you to change yours?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jedisco(m): 6:06pm On Feb 14, 2018
Good day house.
I have a problem with my Accord 2003 4cy. The full beam lights suddenly refused to go off. The electrician said it's the relay advised I change the whole engine fuse box after her tried to fix it but failed. Recently, my central lock stopped responding. I have to open and lock the doors manually. I'm thinking the problem is also from the fuse box.

Is it possible to repair it or do I need to change the whole engine fusebox?
Also, is it something I should do immediately or can I wait a little longer as I'm quite strapped for cash now
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 7:09pm On Feb 14, 2018
mayor2013:

Check selector cable- could have been over stretched. Also when you match your brake pedal do the brake lights come up

Oga thank you very much. I forgot to say that I bought a new gear range switch and put it in along with other stuffs that time. It seemed the harness of the new switch was bad. So they put the former one back in and it’s all good now
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 7:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
jedisco:

Good day.
I may also need to change my Engine Fuse box.
How much did it cost you to change yours?

7k @ Onyingbo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 8:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
Flyingman:

Hello fellow Honda users, can someone help affirm if this is a problem. The fluid in PS reservoir tank spins round like a tornado (no foaming). What could cause so much pressure in the tank?. Steering turns well still. I see for some cars, it’s idle with less pressure on YouTube.

See as everyone just shun me for this forum. I know we are all busy in this country sha. All man for himself. I might be asking a novice question. I feel that’s why we are here tho, to be enlightened by the professionals. Well oyibo honda forums are helping me troubleshoot the issue.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by HenryWilliams(m): 9:11pm On Feb 14, 2018
Flyingman:

See as everyone just shun me for this forum. I know we are all busy in this country sha. All man for himself. I might be asking a novice question. I feel that’s why we are here tho, to be enlightened by the professionals. Well oyibo honda forums are helping me troubleshoot the issue.

Don't be angry.. That's the way Nairaland is.. If you aren't a guru.. Chances are.. Your comments will be swept under the carpet. I've also wanted to know.
Mine doesn't spin fast.. Just a little movement.. Unlike my humble CRV that spins like a hurricane
I've often wondered if that was the norm.
My steering is soft though.
I push a 2004 Honda Accord V6
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by toluxa1(m): 1:37am On Feb 15, 2018
ademajek:
Hi house, pls which of the scanners out there can you recommend for my 03 Honda EOD?
Thanks

I have two brand new Launch Creader vii+ in Lagos for N60,000.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by temi2008: 2:45pm On Feb 15, 2018
I want to convert my Car manual window winder to electric/ power winder. Please nairalander, which location can I get it done and how much will it cost me .Thanks

Will be happy to get response from experts in the house. Is a Honda civic 2002 model
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sch(m): 8:12pm On Feb 15, 2018
Pls my honda babyboy surges intermittently when the AC is on.. Kindly asist on what to do to check this. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: lawmanlala(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.