Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (898506 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by zevous: 8:37am On Apr 01, 2019
Beke2020:
Hello house,
I use a Honda 2005 model.
For two months now my car started surging. I took it to my mechanic and he scanned it and changed something but the surging persist. I went back and he said it was the gearbox. I contacted another mechanic, that one worked on it but no change.i took it to a third mechanic. He said I should change the fuel pump. But still no improvement. Rather, in the process my kickstarter got bad and top gasket. Had to replace both. Met with a fourth mechanic now just last week. He changed the two gear censor N12k each and the fuel pump again, but the surging continues, the following day as I pick My car from him my alternator got bad. Truly I dont know what to do. A new mechanic just change the alternator. But I observed the D for drive on the dashboard is beeping, though surging still persist.

Pls what should I do? Do I change the gearbox? Almost all the mechanic said my gearbox is okay.

I need your advise

Bros try close eye change your gear box and enjoy your new car b4 all these mechanic finish you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 9:06am On Apr 01, 2019
Beke2020:
Hello house,
For two months now my car started surging. I took it to my mechanic and he scanned it and changed something but the surging persist. I went back and he said it was the gearbox. I contacted another mechanic, that one worked on it but no change.i took it to a third mechanic. He said I should change the fuel pump. But still no improvement. Rather, in the process my kickstarter got bad and top gasket. Had to replace both. Met with a fourth mechanic now just last week. He changed the two gear censor N12k each and the fuel pump again, but the surging continues, the following day as I pick My car from him my alternator got bad. Truly I dont know what to do. A new mechanic just change the alternator. But I observed the D for drive on the dashboard is beeping, though surging still persist.

Pls what should I do? Do I change the gearbox? Almost all the mechanic said my gearbox is okay.

I need your advise

Bro, is this your car a Honda Corolla 2005?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 9:08am On Apr 01, 2019
Flyingman:
I have an issue with my 2008 Accord. Car doesn’t start when hot. That is when I drive around for while, stop and try to start again. It doesn’t start. I’d have to wait for engine to cool before it starts. Temp gauge is at the middle. I have service the kick starter. Same issue.

fans are working and coolant is at normal level in radiator but when I use my hand to cover the radiator, I don’t feel any pressure or vapor or even water circulation. What could be the issue?.

Run a scan to check the CTS working, also run a coolant leak down test.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jmyno1H(m): 3:47pm On Apr 01, 2019
Good afternoon house.

Please I complained about my Acura MDX here and was advised to have it diagnosed. Please the codes from the diagnosis are:
P0967 and U0107

Please what are the possible reasons for the transmission glitches and what sensor is to be replaced.

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by deleson: 4:22pm On Apr 01, 2019
Hello Gurus,

Honda Accord 2005 - 2007 OR Honda Civic 2006 - 2008?

Please which is best advised for a first time rider/buyer in Lagos?

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 8:19pm On Apr 01, 2019
Beke2020:
Hello house,

I need your advise

Bros, what is surging?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 01, 2019
adanny01:

Bros, what is surging?
Jerking, I think
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Femitx: 10:03am On Apr 02, 2019
It takes me 20mins to start my Honda accord coupe 2001,it kicks well but won't start,so I noticed in my dashboard the sensor sometimes won't come up, it only start when the sensor comes up.pls I need help on how to go about it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 10:46am On Apr 02, 2019
Beke2020:
Hello house,

I need your advise

Bring it to our shop for a PROPER diagnosis. These guys are screwing with you. Show them this post from me to get you a free diagnosis.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 11:47am On Apr 02, 2019
Ok
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by deleson: 12:33pm On Apr 02, 2019
Thanks for the deep insight.

Actually, the civic is my preferred choice after much considerations.

But then, quite a number of persons advised getting any of the 2006 - 2008 Civic.

What do you say?

Thank you.

dicksonadams:

Go for Civic 03-05...it is a strong economy car, parts are easily available and they are cheaper.

The thing about first time car is , you need to avoid cars with issues and expensive maintainace/parts as much as possible as this would negatively impact your first time experience.

Fairly used Civic 03 - 05 are between 400kish and 1m, their prices are not hyped like Toyota corrola, and they are lesser than Honda accords.

Resale isn't bad - if you buy for 400k you can atleast sell 300k after used, which isn't bad.

They are stronger {no crack engine with coolant leaking issues like 06-09 Honda Civic , or major mechanical problem or recall}

They are almost at par with a Toyota corrola in terms of fuel economy and maintenance.

Cars are meant to move you from point A to b this car does the job fine.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by selfmadeOLX(m): 12:56pm On Apr 02, 2019
deleson:
Hello Gurus,

Honda Accord 2005 - 2007 OR Honda Civic 2006 - 2008?

Please which is best advised for a first time rider/buyer in Lagos?

Thank you.

While the civic will seem preferable to many, if you'd be owning the car for a quite number of years, the experience should matter. Chrome door handles, better sterio sound, better dashboard and radio compartment plus the accord isn't looking so dated as the civic. The whole experience matters too.

In the used market, they are also very similar prices.

So Accord for Me!

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Neyohpinpin: 1:46pm On Apr 02, 2019
radautoworks:

Bring it to our shop for a PROPER diagnosis. These guys are screwing with you. Show them this post from me to get you a free diagnosis.

please where is your shop located... i have a Honda 05 that i would like u to diagnose...thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:52pm On Apr 02, 2019
Please house help me answer o. So I just changed my transmission on a Honda Civic. They brought the car today.

The transmission is perfect but I hear a funny sound from the engine and when I took it for a test drive and put the AC it looked like the engine was lagging.

My mechanic is saying the reason is because my transmission is new and the sensors need time to adapt (Whatever that means). He said I should give it a week and give a report next week. Alternatively he saying I might need to change the engine over time (No money ooo).

Please what do you guys think?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Neyohpinpin: 1:55pm On Apr 02, 2019
good afternoon ....i drive a honda 03 but I noticed that the oil level keeps going down ...sometimes when I park and I check the floor. I see oil on the floor...please I need a good mechanic that can help me before the engine knocks please
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 2:52pm On Apr 02, 2019
Waow
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by deleson: 5:04pm On Apr 02, 2019
Okay, thank you.

Would you recommend a Toyota Corrolla 2003 - 2005 to Honda Accord, still for a first time owner?

selfmadeOLX:

While the civic will seem preferable to many, if you'd be owning the car for a quite number of years, the experience should matter. Chrome door handles, better sterio sound, better dashboard and radio compartment plus the accord isn't looking so dated as the civic. The whole experience matters too.

In the used market, they are also very similar prices.

So Accord for Me!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by deleson: 5:05pm On Apr 02, 2019
What car do you use and what was the problem?

dicksonadams:

Welcome to the life of a car owner. I recently spent 90k just like that on Friday for a car problem unprepared.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 6:55pm On Apr 02, 2019
deleson:
What car do you use and what was the problem?

Honda Civic 08
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 7:01pm On Apr 02, 2019
deleson:
Okay, thank you.

Would you recommend a Toyota Corrolla 2003 - 2005 to Honda Accord, still for a first time owner?

If money is not a problem, then corolla all the way
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 7:53pm On Apr 02, 2019
Beke2020:
Hello house,

I need your advise

I have had this issue before. I scanned the car and changed my ECU for 25k or so. Most mechanics said I should replace the gearbox but that was far from it. ECU was not sending the right signal. Just scan my brother and share the code with the gurus here before you loose weight with car issues.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 7:59pm On Apr 02, 2019
kingreign:

Run a scan to check the CTS working, also run a coolant leak down test.

Thanks. The sensors seems fine after a scan. Maybe a clogged radiator. I could see dirts in the radiator today and car overheated. Will diagnose further and revert.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 8:12pm On Apr 02, 2019
Flyingman:

Thanks. The sensors seems fine after a scan. Maybe a clogged radiator. I could see dirts in the radiator today and car overheated. Will diagnose further and revert.
What was the temp value gotten from the CTS?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cokegee: 10:08pm On Apr 02, 2019
Hello guys please how many is back shock and a pair of headlight for babyboy 2000
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 11:07pm On Apr 02, 2019
Neyohpinpin:

please where is your shop located... i have a Honda 05 that i would like u to diagnose...thanks

Here you go

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by steevy(m): 1:09pm On Apr 04, 2019
Anyone got Gazzuz's number? His MTN has not been available for days.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jeraw: 3:00pm On Apr 04, 2019
steevy:
Anyone got Gazzuz's number? His MTN has not been available for days.
He is not in the country at the moment..

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 7:55pm On Apr 04, 2019
kingreign:

What was the temp value gotten from the CTS?

CTS- 82 degrees Celsius.
Intake air temperature - 59 degrees Celsius
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 8:15pm On Apr 04, 2019
Flyingman:

CTS- 82 degrees Celsius.
Intake air temperature - 59 degrees Celsius

Your IAT reads a rather higher value than normal.

Replace CTS, and IAT.

Footnote: hope your ECU is still factory follow come ECU and your car isn't flooded sha.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sniperwolf(m): 11:11pm On Apr 04, 2019
Please recommend an OBD scanner at a reasonable price for 2010 Honda Accord
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cokegee: 11:35pm On Apr 04, 2019
Please who know how much honda accord 2000(babyboy) headlamps cost
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 05, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.