Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (890729 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Baso2019: 3:42pm On Feb 19, 2019
Please house I need help...

I parked my car yesterday evening comfortably.
This morning I tried starting it but only the ignition comes on.

The kick didn't make any move. All lights and even the fan works. what could be the issue

2007 Honda City Vtec
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by temi2008: 9:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
How much should i budget for Engine and Gear Box of 2003 Honda civic - V4 Automatic transmission
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:55pm On Feb 20, 2019
Baso2019:

The kick didn't make any move. All lights and even the fan works. what could be the issue

2007 Honda City Vtec
Kick-starter
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 8:44am On Feb 21, 2019
Baso2019:

2007 Honda City Vtec

1st rule out a weak battery.

Hard knock or tap on the kick starter body with your L wheel spanner like 4 or 5 times.

If it starts, just go and buy a Kickstarter or get a good electrician who can swap the brushes and pray you dont get stranded.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Baso2019: 9:53pm On Feb 21, 2019
adanny01:

1st rule out a weak battery.

Hard knock or tap on the kick starter body with your L wheel spanner like 4 or 5 times.

If it starts, just go and buy a Kickstarter or get a good electrician who can swap the brushes and pray you dont get stranded.

Thanks.. I did exactly that and it started.

Like how much will a kick starter cost?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 10:57am On Feb 22, 2019
Baso2019:

Thanks.. I did exactly that and it started.

Like how much will a kick starter cost?

Good for you.

I have no idea of the cost.

Obvious wornout brushes. Can be replaced by a good elect. I once replaced the brushes of my 03 Accord and the starter served another 2years.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Baso2019: 8:34am On Feb 23, 2019
adanny01:

Good for you.

I have no idea of the cost.

Obvious wornout brushes. Can be replaced by a good elect. I once replaced the brushes of my 03 Accord and the starter served another 2years.

OK. I will go for the replacement then
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by MrMash(m): 9:58am On Feb 23, 2019
Good day everyone,

Honda accord 2004 has the following codes:

P2279
P0507
P0843
P0141
P0135
P0108

D light blinking and gear changing is slow.

Flunctuating RPM.

Please assist.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tundelight(m): 11:19am On Feb 23, 2019
Good day everyone. Please I will appreciate if anyone could recommend any reputable and reliable HONDA TECHNICIAN in Port Harcourt. Thanks for your usual and prompt response.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by gameboy55: 3:52pm On Feb 23, 2019
hello house

please I just bought a 9ja used 2010 honda accord v6

I checked online pdf and 5w-20 oil is recommend, but no specific product was recommended on the manual.

Please which product do you recommend for my car and also should it be synthetic oil or a conventional motor oil

also will like to know how long should it takes before I carry out regular service / maintenance on the car

this is my first car and I would appreciate your response
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Avedonn: 10:21pm On Feb 23, 2019
gameboy55:
hello house

please I just bought a 9ja used 2010 honda accord v6

I checked online pdf and 5w-20 oil is recommend, but no specific product was recommended on the manual.

Please which product do you recommend for my car and also should it be synthetic oil or a conventional motor oil

also will like to know how long should it takes before I carry out regular service / maintenance on the car

this is my first car and I would appreciate your response

Any synthetic 5w-20 but Mobile preferable

Change the oil after 3000 miles.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by abidemidare: 10:39pm On Feb 23, 2019
dillinger:
House, please can someone recommend an upholstery expert that can help fix dropping roof of an 08 accord?

08029788017, he's in oyingbo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by gameboy55: 2:23am On Feb 24, 2019
Avedonn:

okay, thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 9:36am On Feb 24, 2019
Avedonn:

That'll waste some money and destroy the environment if mobil 1 synthetic oil is relaced at 3000miles. Disposal of engine oil in Nigeria causes pollution, I hope you know that. Too frequent oil change is also aiding pollution.

Most Hondas recommended 10,000miles/1year
normal use or 5000miles/6months severe use for fully synthetic oil on a 4cylinder with filter at 10,000miles/1year
For V6 7500miles/1year normal or 3750/6months severe use.

Severe use is in driving in freezing or very hot weather, towing/overloading, taxi or long driving hrs and lastly, excessive idling with AC like in holdups.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Piyke: 4:13pm On Feb 24, 2019
Avedonn:

He said its Naija used o. Op I suggest you look for and read the comic thread GAZZUZZ made on an abused car that was upgraded to recommended oil weight. Since its Naija-used, choice of oil will depend on what the previous owner used and how regular he was with oil changes.

A safe approach will be to start with conventional or semi-sythetic 10w-40 and work your way down to 5w-20 after you confirm it doesn't burn oil excessively. In this transition time remember to check oil level regularly.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:28pm On Feb 24, 2019
Piyke:

He said its Naija used o. Op I suggest you look for and read the comic thread GAZZUZZ made on an abused car that was upgraded to recommended oil weight. Since its Naija-used, choice of oil will depends on what the previous owner used and how regular he was with his oil changes.

A safe approach will be to start with conventional or semi-sythetic 10w-40 and work your way down to 5w-20 after you confirm it doesn't burn oil excessively. In this transition time remember to check oil level regularly.

https://www.nairaland.com/4656373/when-it-time-return-factory#69967915

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Piyke: 7:52pm On Feb 24, 2019
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Avedonn: 10:17pm On Feb 24, 2019
Piyke:

Thanks Gazzuzz. Avedonn this will be a good read.

Yeah it's an interesting story but he didn't addressed gameboy55 question specifically.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by popplm(m): 3:53am On Feb 26, 2019
Just got a direct Tokunbo Honda Pilot 2006 with 230k mileage. Please what is the maintenance tips and what to know about my new baby.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by gameboy55: 5:44am On Feb 26, 2019
Piyke:

He said its Naija used o. Op I suggest you look for and read the comic thread GAZZUZZ made on an abused car that was upgraded to recommended oil weight. Since its Naija-used, choice of oil will depend on what the previous owner used and how regular he was with oil changes.

the previous owner was using 5w-30 fully synthetic
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 11:14pm On Feb 26, 2019
popplm:
Just got a direct Tokunbo Honda Pilot 2006 with 230k mileage. Please what is the maintenance tips and what to know about my new baby.

first thing first, 230k mileage and new baby should not be used in the same sentence shocked

secondly, proper routine maintenance checks should not be overlooked because as it stands, most parts will start parting-ways due to its long span usage

other than that and any more of others opinion, enjoy your ride

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:35pm On Feb 26, 2019
popplm:

Buy mobil1 5w30 engine oil from here.
https://www.nairaland.com/4922062/mobil1-usa-0w-40-5w30-0w-20

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by popplm(m): 9:41am On Feb 27, 2019
inze:

first thing first, 230k mileage and new baby should not be used in the same sentence shocked

secondly, proper routine maintenance checks should not be overlooked because as it stands, most parts will start parting-ways due to its long span usage

other than that and any more of others opinion, enjoy your ride
yes it’s high mileage but not accidented. As at present everything with this babe look good and well maintained by the America owner. If there is any other thing I need to do to maintain it, kindly let me know.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by steevy(m): 10:02am On Feb 27, 2019
HELP!!! Honda Accord 07, 4 plugs guzzling fuel.

O2 and AF sensor error confirmed. Any other cause asides these?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 12:33pm On Feb 27, 2019
Piyke:

I did about 5 years ago and will do again if needed. I bet you that people that swap theirs every 6months will spend more if you add cost of the 6monthly ball joint, labour, risk of damage as the Monday hammer strikes grin etc.

THANK YOU
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Piyke: 7:57pm On Feb 27, 2019
gameboy55:

the previous owner was using 5w-30 fully synthetic

He can fire on with the Gazzuzz coughs Mobil 5w-30 fully synthetic oyel or the blend or conventional versions
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by myners007: 6:07am On Feb 28, 2019
Please i need advice on how to resolve a challenge of increasing temperature of My 2007 v6. The temperature guage ussualy rise to the middle level barely minutes after kick off.I took the car down to a radiator mechanic and he advised that i get a new radiator and that the one inside is expired. The radiator of the car was changed replaced with a belgium one this January and i wonder why would the radiator be replaced in such a short period of time.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by myners007: 6:12am On Feb 28, 2019
Please i need advice on how to resolve a challenge of increasing temperature of My 2007 v6. The temperature guage ussualy rise to the middle level barely minutes after kick off.I took the car down to a radiator mechanic and he advised that i get a new radiator and that the one inside is expired. The radiator of the car was changed replaced with a belgium one this January and i wonder why would the radiator be replaced in such a short period of time.I also observed tremendous rise in the temperature whenever the ac is switched on.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Chimasunday: 2:34pm On Mar 01, 2019
[quote author=myners007 post=76205293]Please i need advice on how to resolve a challenge of increasing temperature of My 2007 v6. The temperature guage ussualy rise to the middle level barely minutes after kick off.I took the car down to a radiator mechanic and he advised that i get a new radiator and that the one inside is expired. The radiator of the car was changed replaced with a belgium one this January and i wonder why would the radiator be replaced in such a short period of time.I also observed tremendous rise in the temperature whenever the ac is switched on.[/quo

Check your thermostat or the fan to check if it is rolling and check on top gasket.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Chimasunday: 2:41pm On Mar 01, 2019
abidemidare:

08029788017, he's in oyingbo

Call, text or Whatsapp - (+243) 08165000488 - Chima

Hello Car owners and everyone, my company's name is Chima Automobile Service. I run a car automobile mechanic workshop in Lagos, Nigeria and I am also very available to meet your needs even if you don't live in Lagos or Nigeria. My specialty and car service rendering is top notch and of better quality without being expensive. My instagram page has testimonials from customers on it for confirmation.

I can service, do maintenance and fix every mechanical issue concerning mostly Japanese cars, like Toyota, Honda, Lexus, Nissan, Mercedes-Benz and other brands.

I can change your Engines, Brake-pads, oil, fuel pumps, shocks, Car legs or tyres, service your engines or do a total change on it at your request. I can do full bodywork repairs on your car. I can also upgrade your cars by adding extra features of accessories like wheels, rims, A/Cs, Lights, Bumpers and Fenders, Stereo sound systems, speakers and other beautifying and effective components to make it glitter and look refurbished and make you feel good and comfortable with it.

I also deal on cars, used or brand new ones, as well as car body parts. I sell them to and buy from customers as well. Please contact my number for more info on what is available. Thank you.

Call, text or Whatsapp - (+243) 08165000488 - Chima �⚙���
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Chimasunday: 2:53pm On Mar 01, 2019
steevy:
HELP!!! Honda Accord 07, 4 plugs guzzling fuel.

O2 and AF sensor error confirmed. Any other cause asides these?

Yes. The catalyst is missing.

Call, text or Whatsapp - (+243) 08165000488 - Chima

Hello Car owners and everyone, my company's name is Chima Automobile Service. I run a car automobile mechanic workshop in Lagos, Nigeria and I am also very available to meet your needs even if you don't live in Lagos or Nigeria. My specialty and car service rendering is top notch and of better quality without being expensive. My instagram page has testimonials from customers on it for confirmation.

I can service, do maintenance and fix every mechanical issue concerning mostly Japanese cars, like Toyota, Honda, Lexus, Nissan, Mercedes-Benz and other brands.

I can change your Engines, Brake-pads, oil, fuel pumps, shocks, Car legs or tyres, service your engines or do a total change on it at your request. I can do full bodywork repairs on your car. I can also upgrade your cars by adding extra features of accessories like wheels, rims, A/Cs, Lights, Bumpers and Fenders, Stereo sound systems, speakers and other beautifying and effective components to make it glitter and look refurbished and make you feel good and comfortable with it.

I also deal on cars, used or brand new ones, as well as car body parts. I sell them to and buy from customers as well. Please contact my number for more info on what is available. Thank you.

Call, text or Whatsapp - (+243) 08165000488 - Chima �⚙���

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.