Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,552 members, 7,865,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:58 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (907879 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 23, 2019
obinnanelson4:
have the refrigerant pressure checked, seems it's low. They will add a little for you.
if it’s a dual climate zone option, it might not be refrigerant issue. Both sides are controlled independently.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 23, 2019
Compliance:
Hello house, please I use a discussion continues, I noticed than my passenger ac vent is cooler than the driver vent. What could be the cause?
if it’s a dual climate zone option, confirm ur driver side tempt control and the passenger side are both at the lowest.

You can snap ur dash board controls with the display when the AC is on and post so we can see.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by easysunny(m): 4:02pm On Apr 23, 2019
Pls gurus in the house, I need advice. I'm planning on buying Honda Pilot. I admire it much especially 2006 - 2008 as it'll serve me for family car. But as a first time car owner, I don't know much about car maintenance nor associated problems with every car.
I need advice on the cost of maintenance and reliability. Is it good for a beginner?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by osuofia2(m): 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2019
pls gurus in the house, i intend to buy honda EOD but some people seems to complain about the leg pulling. pls what is your opinion and how can one manage such situations
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kcbaba007: 7:18pm On Apr 23, 2019
osuofia2:
pls gurus in the house, i intend to buy honda EOD but some people seems to complain about the leg pulling. pls what is your opinion and how can one manage such situations

osuofia2:

it's d ball joint that pulls off, and this ia so because of the way it was manufactured it is positioned, this is also compounded by the careless attitude and mismanagement of drivers, if attention is paid to it, good management culture is developed, and perhaps changing it every six months with quality ones, u will not have problem, EOD is a nice car,

pls, when buying, get a good toks, and when buying a nigerian used, pls, make sure that mechanics have not raped the engine, u can contact one of the gurus on this platform to help u in getting a good one
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 9:50pm On Apr 23, 2019
obinnanelson4:
have the refrigerant pressure checked, seems it's low. They will add a little for you.

Your refregerant Pressure is definitely Low, have it refilled and that will be solved
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Besto(m): 10:28pm On Apr 23, 2019
Tgiirl:

Having same issue with my honda civic 08 but my story is different.

My car was working perfect except that the power steering pump makes my steering hard when slowing diwn to make a turn. So i decide to purchase a new power steering pump.

When the mechanic wanted to remove the PSP, he saw that the pSP was still good but the 2 bolts holding it were broken into the engine.

And the only option that i was given was for they to remove my engine to get the broken bolts out, which they did.

After fitting my car engine together,

...... my check engine light came up.
...... car wont rev when idle
...... car jerk heavily when shifting from P
..... serious body vibration and noise
..... sucking fuel 4x normal consumption
..... D never stops blinking even after shifting from D to others

I took the car back and all bolts were tighten and the mechanic called a rewire. To make it rev.

still nothing chanced only that the car could rev. And more problem surfaced. Eg
......battery not charging
...... AC fan comes on when AC is off and AC fan goes off when AC is put on, cause overheating.
..... car stiil jerking whenever i shift to R or D
..... rev now between 1500 to 2000 on idle
...... lagging when moving with sound like handbrakes not down.
...... forceful movement and late changing in gear when on motion.
...... D shift still blinks on dash board

Visited 2 other rewires in oyingbo. Same problems resurface after leaving there and driving some distance.

So i took it for a scan and the result was

=P0141
=P1658
=P0369
=P16BB

And the scanner man worked on it and everything seem pretty perfect but the check engine came back not long same day .

All problem gone, just the check engine light on and Ac fan permanently rolling as soon as i put on the engine. While D still blinks on dash board

Not until last night, while i was trying to turn around the car within a street. My gear shifter, just got slippery from P to D1 back and forth without changing. And i got stucked on R ...

I put off my engine and then it refuse to start cos the gear is on R but i move the shifter to P and N ... it still show gear on R on the dash board.

Im now very confused. My car just go worst. Need help

I dont know why i allow my engine to be removed sef.

This civic 08 na wahala car as small as it is.. For your power steering bolts breaking inside the engine ( You are using the wrong belt probably a short belt fixed the wrong way hence the tension on the power steering)

I learnt the hard way about psp bolts breaking because I had to bring down my engine twice in couple of 4 months due to wrong belt not until I figured out I have been using a wrong belt sent by the Op of this thread.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:27am On Apr 24, 2019
easysunny:
Pls gurus in the house, I need advice. I'm planning on buying Honda Pilot. I admire it much especially 2006 - 2008 as it'll serve me for family car. But as a first time car owner, I don't know much about car maintenance nor associated problems with every car.
I need advice on the cost of maintenance and reliability. Is it good for a beginner?

Don't hesitate, a very good SUV.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by seanfer(m): 11:18am On Apr 24, 2019
Hello, My friend is planning to buy either of the 2 vehicles both Nigerian Used Honda Element 2004-2006 and toyota Rav4 2004-2005... Please I will like to know if He is making a good choice
Please tell me about the Durability,Fuel Economy, Maintenance and Availability of Parts and Mechanic... Going to be his first time car
Cc: Nurey,
Heavenlybang,
Gazzuzz,
Motorguru,
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by realbee(m): 11:39am On Apr 24, 2019
Hi guys, please I need urgent advice. This morning my honda accrod 2006 i4 refused to start when gear is in Park. No crank, nothing though all the lights on the dashboard illuminate normally. When I shift the gear to Neutral the car starts normally and I was able to drive to work. I tried again when at work, same thing. Car won't start in Park behaves as if gear is in D. When I change to Neutral, it starts normally. I have never experienced this and will appreciate any idea on what can be the problem.

For context, car was parked for 2 weeks while I travelled. It was working normally before I left. I also used it yesterday and I checked all fluids, started the car, warm it up for about 15 mins, wash, drove to work and drove home after work, car started in Park and behaved normally all through . Problem started this morning.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by easysunny(m): 11:44am On Apr 24, 2019
luvinhubby:

Don't hesitate, a very good SUV.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm just scared about what some say concerning the maintenance of Honda Pilot. That the cost of maintenance is on high compared to Toyota highlander. I just love the Honda pilot.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 12:44pm On Apr 24, 2019
realbee:
Hi guys, please I need urgent advice. This morning my honda accrod 2006 i4 refused to start when gear is in Park. No crank, nothing though all the lights on the dashboard illuminate normally. When I shift the gear to Neutral the car starts normally and I was able to drive to work. I tried again when at work, same thing. Car won't start in Park behaves as if gear is in D. When I change to Neutral, it starts normally. I have never experienced this and will appreciate any idea on what can be the problem.

For context, car was parked for 2 weeks while I travelled. It was working normally before I left. I also used it yesterday and I checked all fluids, started the car, warm it up for about 15 mins, wash, drove to work and drove home after work, car started in Park and behaved normally all through . Problem started this morning.

Gear range switch
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mimini: 5:21pm On Apr 24, 2019
Please my new EOD makes a loud sound when driving with speed on the express road. when driving slowly on inner streets, its noiseless. I want to know if its normal. The noise is too much. Even my old Toyota Camry does not make such noise. The mechanic asked me to raise the car, which I did. the noise wasn't heard. it only occurs with speed on the express. Please I need answers. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by realbee(m): 6:36pm On Apr 24, 2019
luvinhubby:

Gear range switch

Thanks luvinghubby, Can this be repaired or its best to get a replacement? how much can I get it from you if you have it? I can come down to your shop on Friday.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:13pm On Apr 24, 2019
mimini:
Please my new EOD makes a loud sound when driving with speed on the express road. when driving slowly on inner streets, its noiseless. I want to know if its normal. The noise is too much. Even my old Toyota Camry does not make such noise. The mechanic asked me to raise the car, which I did. the noise wasn't heard. it only occurs with speed on the express. Please I need answers. Thanks.

Bearings
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:13pm On Apr 24, 2019
realbee:

Thanks luvinghubby, Can this be repaired or its best to get a replacement? how much can I get it from you if you have it? I can come down to your shop on Friday.

Has a setting, better replaced
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kcbaba007: 8:48pm On Apr 24, 2019
realbee:

i did a resetting for mine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 9:25pm On Apr 24, 2019
kcbaba007:
Gear gurus in the house, pls, after fixing d other issue on my EOD, i discovered d gear started having high shift points, tried setting it from the transmission range switch sensor, no change, itreaches 3k rpm to make d 1st change, 3.1 to make the second change, same as the 3rd gear,how can i reset the auto gear shift points?cause normally, it shouldn't go beyond 2.2k rpmbefore it will change from gear 1 to 2 and it is supposed to reduce in 3,4 & 5cc Gazzuzzkingreignluvinhubbyobi
Try adjusting the TPS. It's the reason.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kcbaba007: 9:28pm On Apr 24, 2019
kingreign:

Try adjusting the TPS. It's the reason.

thanks kingreign, u too much

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by uncleseries: 10:48pm On Apr 24, 2019
please how much can one get new engine. honda accord hybrid 2006. for reference purpose abeg
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tess1(m): 11:46pm On Apr 24, 2019
@lovinhubby or anyone that sells parts here.

Please how much is the 2003 Honda Pilot parts that's in this picture? Only the part that looks like a cutlass.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mimini: 12:33am On Apr 25, 2019
Bearings[/quote]
Thanks for your response.

Please it was driven all the way from warri to me in Abuja. where are the bearings located in the car and what should be done abt them.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by holax4real(m): 9:52am On Apr 25, 2019
my 2004 accord is burning much fuel, vibrating on idle, black smoke from exhaust, 2 of the spark plug is always wet. IexThe car is shorting oil, although there is traces of oil leakage. I scanned d car and got code 118 and 141. car gurus pls help as my mechanic is suggesting new engine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 25, 2019
Can anyone recommend a reliable Honda parts dealer at Ladipo market. Please share contact
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:10pm On Apr 25, 2019
dillinger:
Can anyone recommend a reliable Honda parts dealer at Ladipo market. Please share contact

There is a problem with the statement grin

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 25, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

There is a problem with the statement grin

cry looking for ckp sensor for my 08 accord. Wouldn’t mind if you could help out.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:54pm On Apr 25, 2019
dillinger:

cry looking for ckp sensor for my 08 accord. Wouldn’t mind if you could help out.

I remember telling someone to buy a brand new unit.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by drakeskull(m): 4:15pm On Apr 25, 2019
WHo has fuel filter for 07 IS250?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 25, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

I remember telling someone to buy a brand new unit.

It’s me Boss. Still not gotten one
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:15pm On Apr 25, 2019
drakeskull:
WHo has fuel filter for 07 IS250?

check thread title.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
tess1:
@lovinhubby or anyone that sells parts here.

Please how much is the 2003 Honda Pilot parts that's in this picture? Only the part that looks like a cutlass.

Cutlass ke?

Lateral arm - ₦4,000
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 8:11am On Apr 26, 2019
Please oh I swam inside deep water with a 2004 accord i4 3 days ago and now my engine makes some kind of ‘pu - pu - pu - pu’ noise coming from the exhaust tip as it’s running and it jerks like it’s a misfire but I checked the plugs and injector nozzles and they are all working well. I scanned and got the codes below

Code. P1009

Fault location. Camshaft position (CMP), intake/left/front, bank 1 – circuit malfunction/timing over-advanced/ system performance

Probable cause. Wiring, valve timing, engine mechanical fault, CMP actuator, ECM

Code. P1457

Fault location. Evaporative emission (EVAP) canister purge valve – circuit malfunction

Probable cause. Wiring, EVAP canister purge valve, ECM

Code. P1077

Fault location. Intake manifold tuning valve system malfunction – low RPM

Probable cause. Hose leak/blockage, wiring, intake manifold tuning valve, intake manifold tuning valve actuator, ECM

Please can someone tell me exactly how to point my Mech in the right direction? Thanks

Gazzuzz
Kingreign
Sultan
Luvinhubby

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (435) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.