Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (891705 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vuitton(m): 11:13am On Oct 31, 2014
Macmilla:
Please how much is the gearbox for 2001 Honda accord 4cyl?
Mail is lastof4brothers@gmail.com

I hear it's about 50k now sha..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vuitton(m): 11:30am On Oct 31, 2014
40 - 45k as posted earlier by someone on this thread for gear 2001 Accord.

I use the same model (4 plugs) and my gear no act right. The D4 was blinking then I changed the gear switch (sensor) and it's beta but not up to 90% cos sometimes it's still blinks and I have to turn off the engine and restart.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vuitton(m): 11:41am On Oct 31, 2014
I have used this Accord 2001 (4plugs) for 20months and have never changed the gear oil because:

1) The 1st mech I used cheated me saying he did a gear oil change while he didn't (maybe it was a good thing)

2) I have been advised by 2 different mechs not to change the oil as the gear may pack up after (ie it may cease working)

However, my gear is in a management phase whereby I stay on the mainland but when I drive to Lekki and back (or other such long distance) the gear seems stressed becos the D4 may flash or the "R" may react slowly.

Another advice is to change the oil 1st thing in the morning when the gear is cold, using mobil gear oil.

Please what do u guys think? I don't want to be forced to change gear prematurely or out of negligence of its proper maintenance.

Thx in advance..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 2:34pm On Oct 31, 2014
Good day pals.

My 2003 accord pulled a surprising one on me yesterday, when the central lock switches (on the front door panels) as well as the key-controlled central lock mechanism ceased to function. I observed this immediately after the car was cleaned up at a car wash!

On pressing the central lock buttons, there is a small clicking sound heard from somewhere under the dashboard on the driver's side.

Has anyone ever experienced this? What could be responsible?

How may I fix this?

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rainmaker12(m): 12:32am On Nov 01, 2014
Vuitton:
40 - 45k as posted earlier by someone on this thread for gear 2001 Accord.

I use the same model (4 plugs) and my gear no act right. The D4 was blinking then I changed the gear switch (sensor) and it's beta but not up to 90% cos sometimes it's still blinks and I have to turn off the engine and restart.

pls how much did u get the sensor
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by obiaguna(m): 12:57am On Nov 02, 2014
Good day all, I have a 2001 Honda crv and I want to replace all the tyres. Who knows where I could get proper fairly used tyres and tips to maintain that particular brand of Honda. I know little or nothing abt cars because this car was handed to me by my parents and I have never been a car freak. Thanks y'all.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ngutor(m): 4:50am On Nov 02, 2014
Hi guys. I need help with my 2005 honda accord. The RPM never gets to 6. Ideal is 5 and anything slightly above 5 it begins to fluctuate. Have scanned the car severally but no code. Car drives fine though
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 9:39am On Nov 02, 2014
Vuitton:

I hear it's about 50k now sha..
Automatic?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 02, 2014
Ngutor:
Hi guys. I need help with my 2005 honda accord. The RPM never gets to 6. Ideal is 5 and anything slightly above 5 it begins to fluctuate. Have scanned the car severally but no code. Car drives fine though

You should never rev engine up to 5000 RPM anyways when static and if your car gets to 5k RPM on acceleration then you're good - anything beyond 5k is unhealthy for your engine and tranny.

If it bothers you then you should see if its not a fuel pump issue, speed limiter/sensor.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vuitton(m): 10:50am On Nov 02, 2014
rainmaker12:

pls how much did u get the sensor

3k at oyingbo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dammiebrown(m): 11:47am On Nov 02, 2014
Hi guys! please i need help with my 07 accord tranny. Its an auto tranny. I get a vibration/jerk when the gear changes. Please is this an issue that can be resolved by changing/servicing the drive switch/gear switch?
Also on the instrument cluster, the DRL icon is light up. Pls help, its my first ride. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ngutor(m): 11:39am On Nov 03, 2014
9jacrip:

You should never rev engine up to 5000 RPM anyways when static and if your car gets to 5k RPM on acceleration then you're good - anything beyond 5k is unhealthy for your engine and tranny.

If it bothers you then you should see if its not a fuel pump issue, speed limiter/sensor.
I dont do that but I believe a car should naturally be able to do that? Even when moving I notice it gets to 140/hr easy but getting to 150/hr seems to be an impossible task

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 8:19pm On Nov 06, 2014
Ngutor:

I dont do that but I believe a car should naturally be able to do that? Even when moving I notice it gets to 140/hr easy but getting to 150/hr seems to be an impossible task

It's not that difficult to exceed the 140km/hr mark Sir. If your car is auto transmission, when you are around that speed limit, release the accelerator and depress it again just a little below it's previous position. If your engine and transmission are top notch, it will surprise you how your accord will respond. Be ready to 'fly' though, cos the movement becomes something else!! cool

I advise you stay below 140/hr though, no matter where you're driving. Life has no duplicate Sir smiley

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rainmaker12(m): 10:40pm On Nov 06, 2014
nas00:

It's not that difficult to exceed the 140km/hr mark Sir. If your car is auto transmission, when you are around that speed limit, release the accelerator and depress it again just a little below it's previous position. If your engine and transmission are top notch, it will surprise you how your accord will respond. Be ready to 'fly' though, cos the movement becomes something else!! cool

I advise you stay below 140/hr though, no matter where you're driving. Life has no duplicate Sir smiley
I like the sound of that...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mozee: 11:48pm On Nov 06, 2014
Hello people, I have pain stakingly read through the tips and guidlines in this useful and very informative thread.

I tried reading through to know wther, some peeps on here would have experienced a similar trouble I am having with my 2003 honda LX. Fortunately, some have had similar problems, but mine has almost finished frying my pocket financially speaking.

About few months back, I noticed the shaking of the car whenever I accelerate at about 40km or when the gear is changing from gear 2 to 3. It shakes for just about few seconds and it stops. Then whenever I get to a halt or a traffic stop and I accelerate it shakes again for the same few seconds and stops. Though, it looked as if I had a wobbly tyre but I have changed the tyres and its still shaking.
Now, I complained to my mecho and he said its the inner cups. I changed it right there and then, it cost me about 8k for both sides. After about a week, the car started shaking again, the same problem, took the car back and had a little fight with the Igbo boy that sold the spare part to me, that he sold fake spare part. After the whole argument he gve me another one. This same inner cups where changed and about the same one week again,the same problem started again. Whew. I went furious.
I chnaged to another mechanic and he said it was the same inner cups. Bought another one, and it worked fine, until about 7 days later, same thing came up again. Now am going crazy. To cut the long story short. I have changed the inner cups about 5 times now and presently the car is still the same. ( no savings, this car has finiahed my small money).
Hmmmmmm, now I don't understand what exactly is damaging the inner cups, coz whenever the innercups where removed and checked by the mecho we noticed a kinda circular engraving on that inner sides where the rings are. ( I hope you guys understand my description).
I have changed almost everything but no difference.
Except that I was once using DEXRON1 OANDO as the ATF.
Just today I drained it and bought the DW1-ATF. Though, my gear shifts normally and perfect but something spoils the edges in the inner cups.

Pls somebody help before this car kills me financially.
@luvinhubby. I also need your candid advice pls. Biko.
I welcome any good opinions and suggestions. And I will be glad to clarify if u do not understand my outlined complaint.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mozee: 11:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
[quote luvinhubby HELP)Hello people, I have pain stakingly read through the tips and guidlines in this useful and very informative thread.

I tried reading through to know wther, some peeps on here would have experienced a similar trouble I am having with my 2003 honda LX. Fortunately, some have had similar problems, but mine has almost finished frying my pocket financially speaking.

About few months back, I noticed the shaking of the car whenever I accelerate at about 40km or when the gear is changing from gear 2 to 3. It shakes for just about few seconds and it stops. Then whenever I get to a halt or a traffic stop and I accelerate it shakes again for the same few seconds and stops. Though, it looked as if I had a wobbly tyre but I have changed the tyres and its still shaking.
Now, I complained to my mecho and he said its the inner cups. I changed it right there and then, it cost me about 8k for both sides. After about a week, the car started shaking again, the same problem, took the car back and had a little fight with the Igbo boy that sold the spare part to me, that he sold fake spare part. After the whole argument he gve me another one. This same inner cups where changed and about the same one week again,the same problem started again. Whew. I went furious.
I chnaged to another mechanic and he said it was the same inner cups. Bought another one, and it worked fine, until about 7 days later, same thing came up again. Now am going crazy. To cut the long story short. I have changed the inner cups about 5 times now and presently the car is still the same. ( no savings, this car has finiahed my small money).
Hmmmmmm, now I don't understand what exactly is damaging the inner cups, coz whenever the innercups where removed and checked by the mecho we noticed a kinda circular engraving on that inner sides where the rings are. ( I hope you guys understand my description).
Just today I drained it and bought the DW1-ATF. Though, my gear shifts normally and perfect but something spoils the edges in the inner cups.

I welcome any good opinions and suggestions. And I will be glad to clarify if u do not understand my outlined complaint.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 10:21am On Nov 12, 2014
mozee:
[quote luvinhubby HELP)Hello people, I have pain stakingly read through the tips and guidlines in this useful and very informative thread.

You didnt mention whether the part you bought was new or tokumbo.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mozee: 8:11am On Nov 16, 2014
I bought tokunbo. I,don't think they sell the new inner cups.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by shamecurls(m): 12:47pm On Nov 16, 2014
edoyad:
My mechanic wants me to change the Condenser of my A C, he said a bigger one would be better than the one it came with. Is this sound advice?

All these our local mechanisc claiming to know the car more than the manufacturer. I beg stick with the original and factory spec.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Emmans1(m): 2:20pm On Nov 16, 2014
please who can suggest a good Autocare workshop for me.

I want to be trained as an auto mechanic.

PLEASE...the address is OK for me.

I stay in Ikorodu, Lagos.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by gambus007(m): 6:52pm On Nov 19, 2014
Hello Honda Lovers,i have two question to ask?
1. if i buy 5w-30 Synthetic for honda accord 2000 and i drive 100km per day for
5days. My question is how many Km covers is the
best to change oil?with good oil filter? Thank you in
advance.

2.A friend of mine is about to buy honda accord 2000 model euro spec aka adiddas which does not come with factory fitted a.c.i told him not to buy it, he shld go for factory fitted a.c honda.someone advice him to work or fit a.c locally.pls what is the disadvantage of fitting a.c to the car?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lanre2009: 4:14am On Nov 22, 2014
I was having some problems with my honda accord 1998 model and i took for SCANNING, I got the following codes:

P1607
P1129
P0141
P0401
P1738

Please all the gurus in the house can you explain to me what the following codes mean and how to fix it. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by chosen124: 1:30pm On Nov 22, 2014
Luvinhubby has abandoned this thread
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by chosen124: 1:30pm On Nov 22, 2014
Luvinhubby has abandoned this thread
too bad
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lanre2009: 2:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
lanre2009:
I was having some problems with my honda accord 1998 model and i took for SCANNING, I got the following codes:

P1607
P1129
P0141
P0401
P1738

Please all the gurus in the house can you explain to me what the following codes mean and how to fix it. Thanks

gurus in the house including luvinghubby please help thrash this issue
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tsiriman(m): 8:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
gambus007:
Hello Honda Lovers,i have two question to ask?
1. if i buy 5w-30 Synthetic for honda accord 2000 and i drive 100km per day for
5days. My question is how many Km covers is the
best to change oil?with good oil filter? Thank you in
advance.

2.A friend of mine is about to buy honda accord 2000 model euro spec aka adiddas which does not come with factory fitted a.c.i told him not to buy it, he shld go for factory fitted a.c honda.someone advice him to work or fit a.c locally.pls what is the disadvantage of fitting a.c to the car?

With a fully synthetic 5W30 and a high performance filter it should take you around 6,000 miles or 10,000kms. But for me I'd go even slightly further.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by gambus007(m): 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
tsiriman:

With a fully synthetic 5W30 and a high performance filter it should take you around 6,000 miles or 10,000kms. But for me I'd go even slightly further.
wher can i get high performance filter?apart frm mobil one wic other oil is available dats gud.thank u.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by BENTOSYN: 12:40am On Nov 24, 2014
Please house I need to know how much the 2004 Honda Accord EOD 4 cylinder engine costs, I'm based in Abj but can buy in Lagos if I have to...I believe I needa change mine ASAP! Some mechanic just changed the rings and bearing of the car after which it was slightly smoking and since then the sound of the car has changed...it's now loud. i'd appreciate price quotations and contact details...I wish to know how reliable these tokunbo engines re as I've not had course to change the engine of any of my past vehicles.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by showreals(m): 3:32pm On Nov 25, 2014
BENTOSYN:

Please house I need to know how much the 2004 Honda Accord EOD 4 cylinder engine costs, I'm based in Abj but can buy in Lagos if I have to...I believe I needa change mine ASAP! Some mechanic just changed the rings and bearing of the car after which it was slightly smoking and since then the sound of the car has changed...it's now loud. i'd appreciate price quotations and contact details...I wish to know how reliable these tokunbo engines re as I've not had course to change the engine of any of my past vehicles.

Call 08029255299
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lacasa: 11:18am On Nov 27, 2014
mozee:

Try this;

Tell ur mech to uninstall ur fuel filter(it's inn the fuel tank)

Buy a can of carb cleaner, tell him to spray a good amount on it n all parts attached to it. It's a spongey kinda thingy, it's gonna come out dirty bt after it's cleaned n left to dry.

Let him re-install n try it.

*had a hard time wt this kinda problem on my 2005 EOD, until a mech did this n voila, no more vibrations on motion*
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by erictoonice: 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
please sir my Honda bull dog vibrates a lot when it climbs a steep, even speed breakers, the check engine lights are also permanently on even though I've serviced it, the fuel consumption is also pretty high, including engine getting over heating when I put on ac.
thanks please what do u advise.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mozee: 8:26am On Nov 28, 2014
[quote author=lacasa post=28387917][/quote]
Thanks a lot bro, I will tell him to do that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.