Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (893577 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:40am On Sep 25, 2014
cellors:

Biko, how much is the tokunbo engine of EOD Honda Accord? 05 and clean one?
Need your e-mail address.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 25, 2014
klipse: It feels like the steering has a gap. When you slightly turn the steering, it frees up then stiffens then frees like there is sumtin hooking in the steering rack.

Have the rack looked at.

Also, check the tie rods smiley
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cellors: 9:13am On Sep 25, 2014
luvinhubby:
Need your e-mail address.

talkcellors@gmail.com

Regards
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by klipse: 5:35pm On Sep 25, 2014
9jacrip:

Have the rack looked at.

Also, check the tie rods smiley

Ok. So can you refer any good mechanic in lagos?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by klipse: 6:23pm On Sep 25, 2014
luvinhubby:
Your steering rack is leaking & looses pressure.
May need to change it.

Since I bought the car over 16 months ago, I have not topped the power steering fluid nor any fluid at that. They are all above minimum
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Emekayoung(m): 11:42pm On Sep 25, 2014
cry
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 27, 2014
Good day guys, please I have a little challenge that needs help from the experts. For some months now, my 2007 accord horn has not been responding too well. 20% of times it works. other times its dead. my electrician said its a control lead infront of the steering that needs to be changed for 15k. Please has anyone experience this beforr and knows how to go about it? I'll appreciate your inputs. Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:58pm On Sep 27, 2014
Lilema: Good day guys, please I have a little challenge that needs help from the experts. For some months now, my 2007 accord horn has not been responding too well. 20% of times it works. other times its dead. my electrician said its a control lead infront of the steering that needs to be changed for 15k. Please has anyone experience this beforr and knows how to go about it? I'll appreciate your inputs. Thank you.

Your mechanic wants to chop you mugu cheesy
That is your horn switch, and it's not more than 5k

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
^^^^how much is eod compressor luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 10:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
Please pals, I drive a 2001 accord and I have the following issues.
1. The revolution of the engine does not pass 4000r/min. When I step on the throttle, the engine speed rises but once the tachometer hits 4000r/min, the engine starts jerking and will not go higher. This is noticed both when the car is stationary and when mobile and affects me when speeding off. It drives smoothly if I don't push the engine. I have changed my spark plugs, changed fuel pump, cleaned air filter, all to no avail. Please help.

2. I noticed that if I turn my steering to extreme angle, my engine goes down and comes up again when I release it a little. Is this normal?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rainmaker12(m): 7:31pm On Sep 30, 2014
Please help!!!
My engine temperature rises to d highest point wen driving. Water is full, Fans are working, mechanic said its gasket. what should I do? I really though if its gasket cos d engine oil has not increase in volume.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kessygirl(f): 3:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
Please house, my husband has honda element which has shock absorber problem and i need a very good one please. His own is 2004-2005. If someone can help me, i will be very grateful. I dey cotonou but can send someone to wheresoever the person dey for lagos to buy it. So far it is original.
Thank you all.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 5:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
1. The revolution of the engine does not pass 4000r/min. When I step on the throttle, the engine speed rises but once the tachometer hits 4000r/min, the engine starts jerking and will not go higher. This is noticed both when the car is stationary and when mobile and affects me when speeding off. It drives smoothly if I don't push the engine. I have changed my spark plugs, changed fuel pump, cleaned air filter, all to no avail. Please help.

2. I noticed that if I turn my steering to extreme angle, my engine goes down and comes up again when I release it a little. Is this normal?
Please help.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rainmaker12(m): 2:12am On Oct 06, 2014
Please help my 1999 honda accord temperature gauge comes on and off, works anytime it feels like. Anyone knows the cause of this?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by klipse: 11:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
Macmilla:

Please help.

It may be your idle sensory. Have the car scanned, idle sensory regulates the idle rev of your car and should disengage once in motion. It happened to me when i used to have a gallant 2001.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 9:58am On Oct 08, 2014
klipse:

It may be your idle sensory. Have the car scanned, idle sensory regulates the idle rev of your car and should disengage once in motion. It happened to me when i used to have a gallant 2001.
I just pulled d codes and the following problems were reported
VTEC
Primary heated O2 sensor
Secondary heated O2 sensor
Automatic transaxle malfunction.

Please what do I do from here?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 10:54am On Oct 08, 2014
Please how much is the gearbox for 2001 Honda accord 4cyl?
Mail is lastof4brothers@gmail.com
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davo3286: 4:48pm On Oct 08, 2014
For Honda workshop manuals: www.workshop-manuals.com/Honda
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2014
Macmilla:
Please how much is the gearbox for 2001 Honda accord 4cyl?
Mail is lastof4brothers@gmail.com
40 - 45k

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 2:58am On Oct 09, 2014
Macmilla:

Please help.

1. Its called the Rev limiter or engine speed limiter.

A rev. limiter is a device fitted to an internal combustion engine to restrict its maximum rotational speed. This is usually carried out to prevent damage to the engine, however sometimes these devices are fitted to prevent an engine reaching the point at which it develops maximum power. www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rev_limiter

Usually, it is set to limit the engine revolution within the white area preventing possible damage at the red zone of the tachometer.

I have experienced change in the limits each time i washed the engine bay of my 1996 and 2003 Honda accords. The '96 will drop to about 3200r/min until i drive the car for some hours sometimes into a day or two depending on my movements. The '03 was the one that gave me a real scare because the limit wasnt constant and at times as low as 2000r/min. I washed the '03's engine just twice but had that experience once only. Now, on a good day the limit is sometimes 4000r/min and most times about 5000r/min.

If you didnt wash, then there may be a problem (probably related to lit CEL) causing the ECU to limit the engine speed as a precaution.

2. Yes its normal since the power steering pump would have taken up more power to make the turn smoother just like an A/C compressor would do. More light to that is that, in a car with electronic trottle system, the rev goes up automatically to accomodate for the additional power required at idle. So the idle speed is controlled by ECU to go up when A/C compressor, power steering, or alternator activates.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 9:15am On Oct 09, 2014
I didn't wash my engine. I'm even thinking of doing that cos d engine is quite greasy in some places.
I noticed my CEL was burnt and when I got it replaced, it was persistently on. So I got it scanned. The scanner detected problems with
VTEC
Primary heated O2 sensor
Secondary heated O2 sensor
2nd gear pressure switch.
I guess I'll start with these and see if it fixes my problems.
More information on the above will be appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 9:19am On Oct 09, 2014
From what I read in my car manual, the spid limiter kicks in when the engine revolution hits the red zone and that's 7000rpm and above.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by soonest(f): 6:58pm On Oct 09, 2014
The gurus in the house, my accord's 6 loader CD has suddenly stopped working. It wouldn't even come on. However the radio still works. Pls, what could be the problem and solution? Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rainmaker12(m): 8:14pm On Oct 09, 2014
pls my 1999 accord d4 light has being blinking and the car wont move well neither ll change. pls gurus wat may be the cause, i just changed the engine. tanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 3:46pm On Oct 10, 2014
Macmilla:
From what I read in my car manual, the spid limiter kicks in when the engine revolution hits the red zone and that's 7000rpm and above.

Thats about correct on most cars only that its set before revolution hits red zone.

I guess on my 2003, the ECU controls it depending on several inputs from many sensors. Example is when the engine is very cold in the morning just after 1st kick, the limit seems to be lower probably because of low temprature.

Besides i just watched a video of a 99 Honda civic where the redline was at 7000r/min and the limit is at 5000r/min.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFG6JL66CCM
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 11:06pm On Oct 11, 2014
@luvinghubby:

Hullo Sir. Pls, how much will I get these at Oyingbo:

1) Front pair of Tokunbo Shock Absorbers for a 2006 Honda Accord

2) A set of 4 NEW
brake discs/ rotors for the same car

Looking forward to your reply ASAP.
Thanks!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vuitton(m): 4:00pm On Oct 12, 2014
Macmilla:

Please help.

My brother.. with regard to your car not exceeding 4000rpm the issue may just be the timing belt..

Have u had it replaced (or removed and re installed before)?
It may also be the sensor for the timing belt.. I suspect cos I suffered the same fate when me timing belt cut and I fitted another.

While the issue was the sensor, it could also be the timing belt wasn't properly placed on the teeth.

Hope the info is useful.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vuitton(m): 4:06pm On Oct 12, 2014
On the dashboard of my Accord 02 the "D4" sign started blinking a few days ago and I have to move with D1 or D2..

Hoping it's the sensors or change of gear oil cos I never ready buy gear.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rainmaker12(m): 4:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
Vuitton:
On the dashboard of my Accord 02 the "D4" sign started blinking a few days ago and I have to move with D1 or D2..

Hoping it's the sensors or change of gear oil cos I never ready buy gear.
yes its sensor, i had similar problem, just get a good electrician.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lanre2009: 5:43pm On Oct 13, 2014
Hi all,

My 1998 Honda accord (baby boy) looses power whenever it tries to change gear, and this makes the car lunges forward a little bit when it eventually enters the next gear, has anyone experienced such problems before and how did you solve it. Thanks.

You can have a better understanding of the problem on the link below:-

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16704
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tholuxanny: 12:01pm On Oct 14, 2014
Please help...I drive Honda accord 1995 (bull dog), though bought from someone. At the point of purchase, the oil gauged well. And after 2 week, I noticed the oil was short and I decided to change the oil. The Mechanic told me he bought one 'WHIZ oil' (4 litres). then 2 week after I travelled to Ibadan from lagos and when I got back, I realised the oil was very very low ( no leakage at all). So I later called the former user to ask him the kind of oil he normally use to service the car and he said visco 2000. please do you think going back to visco 2000 can solve this problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sonibota: 2:45pm On Oct 14, 2014
Vuitton:

My brother.. with regard to your car not exceeding 4000rpm the issue may just be the timing belt..
Have u had it replaced (or removed and re installed before)?
It may also be the sensor for the timing belt.. I suspect cos I suffered the same fate when me timing belt cut and I fitted another.
While the issue was the sensor, it could also be the timing belt wasn't properly placed on the teeth.
Hope the info is useful.

Macmilla, I noticed you are persistent with this complaint of yours. Forget about all the above mentioned suggestions. If you can do it yourself, there is this mechanism behind the injector mouth. I cant remember what the name is. it has three valley-like ducts and has a passage for water. Loosen it and cleanse it thoroughly with fuel. Or possibly revert to me on phone for more explicit guide.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.