Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,442 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (894526 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Marpol: 4:47am On Mar 08, 2013
Please where can I get the back seat head-rest of 2003 EOD to buy? Black colour.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 1:57pm On Mar 09, 2013
Marpol: Please where can I get the back seat head-rest of 2003 EOD to buy? Black colour.

Ladipo spare parts mkt.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Marpol: 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
nas 00:

Ladipo spare parts mkt.

Ladipo is under lock and key atm. Do you have any idea how much it goes for please?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2013
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 10:29pm On Mar 11, 2013
Ladipo has been re-opened. I've got no idea of the price, but you may call this dude. He sells Honda body parts at Ladipo, and he helps me source for things I need to buy (and their cost) before I even go to the mkt at all. If he doesn't have, he can help you look for it amongst fellow traders. If the headrests are not available in the market at that moment, he will tell you as soon as they are available.
Of course, you know you'll have to beat the price down when you eventually get to the mkt yourself.

He is called 'M.P'
You can reach him on 07032834881.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Marpol: 4:34am On Mar 12, 2013
nas 00: Ladipo has been re-opened. I've got no idea of the price, but you may call this dude. He sells Honda body parts at Ladipo, and he helps me source for things I need to buy (and their cost) before I even go to the mkt at all. If he doesn't have, he can help you look for it amongst fellow traders. If the headrests are not available in the market at that moment, he will tell you as soon as they are available.
Of course, you know you'll have to beat the price down when you eventually get to the mkt yourself.

He is called 'M.P'
You can reach him on 07032834881.

Cheers!

Thanks I appreciate.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 5:24pm On Mar 12, 2013
Marpol:

Thanks I appreciate.

What are brothers for? smiley
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by histamine(m): 8:13am On Mar 14, 2013
agabaI23: Honda baby boy
The story

Before I changed the engine, I discovered that the car shaked violently when the ac was turned on and gets worse when the reverse gear is engaged. That I think started when I changed the AC compressor.

This continued with the new engine. Each time this happens, I noticed that the RPM goes close to 0. Mechanics have tried to raise the RPM but the sound continued.
One morning, I noticed that the sound and vibration was on even when the Ac was not on. NB, this sound disppears on top speed

One mechanic removed the rear sensor on the throttle body (what the mechanics called the injector mouth) and the vibration stopped for while stationary but the rpm was always high and driving was unplesant. I was advised to change the throttle body which i did. Vibration stopped momentarily and started all over again. I changed the throttle body again apparently because they had broken the knob that is used to rregulate the RPM.

Still no soilution.

I also changed the inner shaft cup that fits into the gearbox at one point.
Anyone has an idea what is going on? Any suggestions please?

I discovered that my two fans were connected directly so that both fans work on turning on the ignition. This has been rectified

Try checking your IAC(idle air control valve)
Get you air intake checked for leaks or just change. Change your airfilter.
If it still occurs u might wanna get ur fuel lines checked also.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by histamine(m): 8:27am On Mar 14, 2013
The story

Before I changed the engine, I discovered that the car shaked violently when the ac was turned on and gets worse when the reverse gear is engaged. That I think started when I changed the AC compressor.

This continued with the new engine. Each time this happens, I noticed that the RPM goes close to 0. Mechanics have tried to raise the RPM but the sound continued.
One morning, I noticed that the sound and vibration was on even when the Ac was not on. NB, this sound disppears on top speed

One mechanic removed the rear sensor on the throttle body (what the mechanics called the injector mouth) and the vibration stopped for while stationary but the rpm was always high and driving was unplesant. I was advised to change the throttle body which i did. Vibration stopped momentarily and started all over again. I changed the throttle body again apparently because they had broken the knob that is used to rregulate the RPM.

Still no soilution.

I discovered that my two fans were connected directly so that both fans work on turning on the ignition. This has been rectified

Hope this helps.
Change your Airfilter
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by histamine(m): 8:28am On Mar 14, 2013
The story

Still no soilution.

Hope this helps.
Change your Airfilter
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by igbsam(m): 10:59am On Mar 14, 2013
Please guys, How much is a V6 2003 Honda Accord (EOD) Engine....Complete.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davo3286: 10:53am On Mar 15, 2013
bonysmile:
Nice tips. Tnx. Can u help with more tips like
1. The steering of my 2008 Accord vibrates esp when my speed gets 2 about 80km/h n above.
2. When is it advised 2 replace timing belt and plugs? I have just above 40k on d trip counter.
Tnx.

I had this problem recently with my 2007 Honda Accord. It vibrates when you step on the brake at that speed right? Exactly the same thing. Whenever I speed up to 80km/h and step on the brake pedal I feel vibrations on my Steering wheel. The culprit was the front rotor(s), i.e. the brake disc. That's what you get when they become warped. What my mechanic did was to replace both the front discs and the vibration stopped. So, my guy, change your front brake discs (left and right) and don't forget to change the pads as well. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dougivilla(m): 11:39am On Mar 15, 2013
davo3286:

I had this problem recently with my 2007 Honda Accord. It vibrates when you step on the brake at that speed right? Exactly the same thing. Whenever I speed up to 80km/h and step on the brake pedal I feel vibrations on my Steering wheel. The culprit was the front rotor(s), i.e. the brake disc. That's what you get when they become warped. What my mechanic did was to replace both the front discs and the vibration stopped. So, my guy, change your front brake discs (left and right) and don't forget to change the pads as well. Good luck!
Before making any changes, he should first confirm that his engine sittings are in order and fuel pump is working well. These can also cause serious vibrations. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:48am On Mar 16, 2013
igbsam: Please guys, How much is a V6 2003 Honda Accord (EOD) Engine....Complete.

Thanks
The Engine is N170,000 & the gear is N150,000.
Call 08029255299.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 17, 2013
I have a 2003 Honda Accord V6. I unknowingly entered a pot hole at a very low speed. Few minutes after my TCS light came on and remained so. I turned off the TCS button to no avail. A day later, the brakes light are on permanently. I ran a diagnostics and the following results displayed:

B1155: Gauge Control Module lost communication with Comb headlight message
B1156: Gauge Control Module lost communication with combination switch control
B1157: Gauge Control Module lost communication with Multiple Integrated Control Unit (MICU)
B1559: Gauge Control Module lost communication with Multiple Integrated Control Unit (Poor Switch Message)
B1160: Gauge Control Module lost communication with Dr Multi Dr Lk message

11-01: Torque Control Clutch (TCC) Solenoid Valve A Malfunction
12-01: Front Right Wheel Speed Sensor malfunction
13-01: left front wheel speed sensor open or shut
14-01: left front wheel speed sensor malfunction
15-01: Right rear wheel speed sensor open or shut
16-01: Right rear wheel speed sensor malfunction
17-01: left rear wheel speed sensor open or shut
18-01: left rear wheel speed sensor malfunction

Please I’ll appreciate useful information how to get these issues resolved and how to get in touch with a reliable Honda technician if need be. Are there things I can just do on my own like twitching something? What will my technician require that I do that isn’t required to resolve these issues that will suggest I flee from him?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vinume(m): 2:15pm On Mar 18, 2013
PLS somebody help me. I just purchased a TOK HONDA PILOT but d gear is not selecting well. what could be d possible cause? Help before ds mechanics will begin ds their extortion with me.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 18, 2013
vinume: PLS somebody help me. I just purchased a TOK HONDA PILOT but d gear is not selecting well. what could be d possible cause? Help before ds mechanics will begin ds their extortion with me.

You cannot have it returned to the dealer?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 18wheeler: 2:37am On Mar 19, 2013
Please anyone knows any reliable honda technician/mechanic in Yola town? I'm new here and need to do some repairs on my honda '99 accord before I travel next week for easter. Quick responses will be highly appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Marpol: 7:42am On Mar 19, 2013
I recently ordered for a 2003 Honda Accord EX and the road to where I stay is very bad and gets flooded when it rains.

What should I look out for? Secondly is the EOD a reliable car in terms of performance and durability?

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 19, 2013
Marpol: I recently ordered for a 2003 Honda Accord EX and the road to where I stay is very bad and gets flooded when it rains.

What should I look out for? Secondly is the EOD a reliable car in terms of performance and durability?

Thanks

I use the 04 version of yours, plus the description of where you stay depicts my own area too - Ibafo (not sure you're familiar?).

I got the car last year, due to driving in the rain (flooded and heavily mudded roads) the car now looks like I got it 100yrs back - I will advice when it rains do not drive that car, leave it till the road is ply-able else you risk spending on shaft(C.V joints) all the time, your engine hitting the ground/dragging the engine through water which is bad, ball joints problem, steering arms problem, decolouration of the body to mention a few. I've had to stop driving whenever it rains.

The problems I listed might seem cheap but when it runs non-stop for months with other expenses on the table you'll understand cheesy

All in all, the car is a very solid car if properly maintained and attention is paid to every detail.

Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Marpol: 6:32pm On Mar 19, 2013
@9jacrip The area you described is exactly like mine. That means the car go park tire be that! Strictly for dry season.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 19, 2013
Marpol: @9jacrip The area you described is exactly like mine. That means the car go park tire be that! Strictly for dry season.

Exactly! It will save you a lot of stress and embarrassment with the car fVckin up in the mud or pool of rain water. LOL.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Marpol: 9:11pm On Mar 19, 2013
9jacrip:

Exactly! It will save you a lot of stress and embarrassment with the car fVckin up in the mud or pool of rain water. LOL.

That means all the effizy I want to do with the car will have to be shelved!

Have you ever had cause to change the brain box due to swimming in pool of water?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 19, 2013
Marpol:

That means all the effizy I want to do with the car will have to be shelved!

Have you ever had cause to change the brain box due to swimming in pool of water?

Bros it is best to shelve the effizy to be able to enjoy your car better. No, I've never had to change the brainbox and I pray that never happens but the expenses I've made on that car's front legs alone ehn?! Or was it the abrupt removal of the C.V joint on the front while going up and down hill-like pot-holes? I'm not the only one going through the road damage induced problems, even people with supposed jeeps like crv and the likes! Nor be beans baba. cheesy
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Marpol: 4:52am On Mar 20, 2013
@9jacrip, pls how much is the front legs? And how often does it go bad?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by keni: 10:53am On Mar 25, 2013
Help!!!! my baby boy wont start after driving for sometime e.g from island to mainland and then stopping to get fuel or something, then I try to start the car again it just wont start even thou the engine rolls, I have to leave the car for up to an hour before it starts again, I was embarrassed on saturday in Ikeja G.R.A I had stopped on the road to ask someone for direction they were afraid to come and meet me so I swithced off the engine and went to them just for about 30 secs they gave me the direction, I went back to the car and It wont start until after about an hour. what could be the problem, it is the fifth time in about a month.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 25, 2013
keni: Help!!!! my baby boy wont start after driving for sometime e.g from island to mainland and then stopping to get fuel or something, then I try to start the car again it just wont start even thou the engine rolls, I have to leave the car for up to an hour before it starts again, I was embarrassed on saturday in Ikeja G.R.A I had stopped on the road to ask someone for direction they were afraid to come and meet me so I swithced off the engine and went to them just for about 30 secs they gave me the direction, I went back to the car and It wont start until after about an hour. what could be the problem, it is the fifth time in about a month.

Sir, replace your fuel pump before it leaves you stranded at night or while travelling inter-state.
And make sure you get an original one not the chinese-made new ones o.

Enjoy.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by keni: 4:52pm On Mar 25, 2013
9jacrip:

Sir, replace your fuel pump before it leaves you stranded at night or while travelling inter-state.
And make sure you get an original one not the chinese-made new ones o.

Enjoy.

My brother I have changes it twice ooo, how much do you think the tokunbo is?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 25, 2013
9jacrip:

I use the 04 version of yours, plus the description of where you stay depicts my own area too - Ibafo (not sure you're familiar?).

I got the car last year, due to driving in the rain (flooded and heavily mudded roads) the car now looks like I got it 100yrs back - I will advice when it rains do not drive that car, leave it till the road is ply-able else you risk spending on shaft(C.V joints) all the time, your engine hitting the ground/dragging the engine through water which is bad, ball joints problem, steering arms problem, decolouration of the body to mention a few. I've had to stop driving whenever it rains.

The problems I listed might seem cheap but when it runs non-stop for months with other expenses on the table you'll understand cheesy

All in all, the car is a very solid car if properly maintained and attention is paid to every detail.

Enjoy
lol. Small world (or not). I stay here too, and I never drive when it rains!
Anyway, I was going to ask for pointers on this heavy-vibrating/lowRPM-when-stationary problem as my car( 97-2000 Honda Prelude) developed it recently. So I'll go through the responses here before seeing my mechanic over the weekend.
Another niggling problem I've had for about a year now is slight wobble on both rear wheels, at all speeds. I can see it through my side mirrors( now so visible that other motorists have called my attention to it). This does not particularly affect the stability but I can feel it when I take turns at moderate speed. No noises though. Over this period of time, I've changed practically everything connected( stabilizer linkages, bushings, low-arms or so, practically overhauled all of the back and front wheel assembly). Countless wheel alignment/balancing e.t.c. Problem would seem solved only to re-emerge in a week or two.
I already decided to continue 'managing' it like that but better safe than sorry I guess. Please, any suggestions?
A friend suggested I change all 4 tyre wheels/rims as they might be slightly warped? Maybe I will do that, although I'm somewhat attached to the current ones.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 25, 2013
keni:

My brother I have changes it twice ooo, how much do you think the tokunbo is?

I think around 5k, bought one last week. Contact the person that started the thread, he has a store at Oyingbo Honda Market.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by keni: 9:51am On Mar 26, 2013
9jacrip:

I think around 5k, bought one last week. Contact the person that started the thread, he has a store at Oyingbo Honda Market.

Thanks my brother
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tushbobo(m): 11:01am On Mar 26, 2013
What could cause my batteries not to last more than 7 months.The last two brand new batteries I purchased did not last long before they packed up.The last one I bought was a trane battery with adequate rating.The one before was also good. Is there a reason for this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.