Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,254 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims (34036 Views)

Hidden Islam: Nicolo Degiorgis Charts The Challenges Of Being Muslim In Italy / Challenges Of Muslims In Nigeria; Solutions Needed Please / Challenges Facing Igbo Muslims - Sheikh Uthman Anaga (igbo Muslim) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Yahoo1(m): 4:37pm On Aug 05, 2012
alienvirus:

I will rather watch tom and jerry
...and thats what Christians will tell u too..do u tink reading d koran is fun,just like u luv reading d koran,we Christians love reading the Bible,...
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by bukatyne(f): 4:39pm On Aug 05, 2012
Please I Just Opened A Thread And I Need Answers [\b]why do muslims think that the Comforter Jesus Christ Promised is Mohammed?[\b]
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by bright007(f): 4:40pm On Aug 05, 2012
alienvirus:

I will rather watch tom and jerry
bros,hope if u watch jerry eating pork meat,allah will not be angry shaaa ooo!I also hope mohhamad will not be angry if u watch jerry go pig-hunting?

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Saxophemsy: 4:45pm On Aug 05, 2012
tbaba1234: ^Muslim means one who submits to God.... Did Jesus submit to God? your bible says he did many times... If that is the case, He is muslim....
i've submited to God and am nt a muslim so review ur notion

4 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by alienvirus: 4:46pm On Aug 05, 2012
bukatyne: Please I Just Opened A Thread And I Need Answers [\b]why do muslims think that the Comforter Jesus Christ Promised is Mohammed?[\b]

All you need to know is here. Stop wasting bandwidth.

nairaland.com/995694/what-bible-say-muhammad
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by CHEUARIN: 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2012
Dear Muslims, why all these fanatics? Kindly educate me on the primary goal of Islam? Why is there war between Muslims the world over? Why sucuide bombings even in the mosques? Besides, is there marriage in Heaven: 72 virgin brainwashing? is your god holy? Can he behold iniquity/sexcapades? If he can, who then is your god married to? Where is Mohammad now? Married with 72 virgins, I guess? Some Iman has to find out this? Something does not just add up! Can't you see that anyone can form any religion and surely there will be followers like muslim faithfuls? Any way, I want to use the following simple questions to help you out of dilusion/illusion! Just search for answers with fairness: Is there One true God and many fake gods? Who is Jehovah? Who is Jesus Christ? Where did He come from? Did Jesus truly heal the sick, raised the dead, cast out demons, etc? Did Jesus actually resurrect after revealing His death? Are there evidence of Jesus' reign/impact on earth? Did Jesus act in the capacity and authority of God Almighty (the only true God)? Where is Jesus now? Do you believe that without an original in place, there is no fake? Are genuine Christains following Jesus' footsteps? Is Heaven the abode of only true God? Is there any earthly practise such as marriage and eating/drinking in Heaven? Is there Hell? Where is the abode of the father of deception: Satan? Who will be in Heaven with the Holy and only true God? Who will occupy hell? I found the answers to these questions and hence remain firmly rooted as a CHRIST-follower (Christain) until Jesus comes again! He who wants to go to hell can register anywhere he likes but not in Christainity. Thanks folks and see you in Heaven if you are raptureable!

3 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by aryzgreat: 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2012
yommy2sure: The biggest inconsistency I found with this Islam is that at least according to the preserved religious books there is agreement that Adam, Abrham, Noah, Lot, David, Solomon etc then Jesus all have Jewish origin then all of a sudden the comforter of the Jews and indeed all mankind after Jesus chose abi God chose him to come from Arab. Thats exactly where the linear graph took some sharp bend called Islam!

May God bless u 100 times smiley infact i was about writting this, how come the jewish prophets linear graph all of a sudden swerve towards arab? hmmm! How come jesus was talking about an "arab comforter" dat is miles away. Does Jesus have any similarity with muhaMAD? how did muhaMAD comfort d world? with bombs and be-heading?

Jesus told peter, "peter on u i will build my church, d gates of hell shall NEVER prevail against it, so if Jesus was talking about muhaMAD as d comforter to come after him and bring islamaBAD, does it mean Jesus was contradicting himself by telling his disciples dat his church can NEVER succumb to d gate of hell nd islam inclusive?

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by BrutusOj(m): 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2012
kaytytty: i do nt blame d christians because their religion allows them to practice same sex marriage such as lesbianism and gay,it also gives right to prostitution,it also does nt support early marriage but it support casual sex well am nt suprised it was a religion introduced after a long reign of slavery so their souls re enslaved n yet they rejoice in immorality n still they claim they want to b like christ
.And nairaland had it last week dat comercial sex workers(ashewo)prostitutes complained dat dia business no longer boom cos of ramadam,meanin dat u n ur muslim brodas patronise dem most.Even if muhamed is oportuned to rise up again,I wu stil not join islam.cos I hate shielding blood

3 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by alienvirus: 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2012
bright007: bros,hope if u watch jerry eating pork meat,allah will not be angry shaaa ooo!I also hope mohhamad will not be angry if u watch jerry go pig-hunting?
bright007: bros,hope if u watch jerry eating pork meat,allah will not be angry shaaa ooo!I also hope mohhamad will not be angry if u watch jerry go pig-hunting?

Oh no, I hate eating pork! Do you eat that dirty thing? You must be disgusting.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by bright007(f): 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2012
alienvirus:

Oh no, I hate eating pork! Do you eat that dirty thing? You must be disgusting.
Now tell us d truth:Do u hate eating pork or Allah told u not to eat it?
Here is my first question:Will allah be angry if u watch tom and jerry eating pork?
Also will Allah be angry if u buy å pig toy for ur child?

2 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by DBen2: 4:58pm On Aug 05, 2012
Muslims in d east r not been marginalised though they r very few in no. Compare to christians ,I know I have meet a commissioner in one of the eastern states,in nsuka igbo moslems population is high .I think we shd focus on personal relationship with people around us not religion ,as a christian I am happy with it but if u relate with gd moslems u will never regret it and they r very honest. The perception of islam in the east is not encouraging though I believe is as a result of frequent crisis in d north wc mainly igbos r victims and northern part is mainly islam .
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by alienvirus: 4:58pm On Aug 05, 2012
I hate eating it. Now to you, do u like eating human beings?
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Yahoo1(m): 5:00pm On Aug 05, 2012
A Christian will go out and preach the gospel,he or she wuld preach repentance; accept Jesus christ as ur Lord and personal saviour...seek ye first the kigdom of God,and every other thing shall be added onto you! ,but i do kn that muslim dont just preach repentance,they preach acceptance of islam...does that mean if u accept the religion,then you are guaranteed d Kindgom of God! U worship d true God? Rili? You say d Bible is full of false writtings? Wow....your koran was written by God ryt?...for all i kn koran was written by a human being...who evidently proven committed a lot of sin,killing is a sin ryt?...well mohammed killed! When will u muslims stop acting so self righteous,accepting islam is not an achievement,you are enitled 2 your belief,yeah you can preach that,but in Nigeria in case u dont kn,its a federal state,with diverse opinions,cultures and ethnic groups,...i tink its outrageous 2 wash ur private part b4 u enta a mosque..

2 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by sampeter(m): 5:04pm On Aug 05, 2012
Taking an objective view of the two 'scriptures'(Bible and Quran) and the two persons (Jesus christ and Mohammed) critically, one would no doubt glean the following: 1. Jesus christ advocate PEACE unconditionally, laying copious emphasis on forgiveness, love, kindness and other virtues as a must to qualify as his follower, But Mohammed emphasis intolerance forceful conquest, and other antisocial conducts, and his own peace is meant to be amongst muslims and not to others. And, on a closer look Islam is synonymous with barbarism and savage, hence it is struggling with mainstreaming in this 21st century and waning with time. I know it wont see the lyt of 23rd century if Jesus tarries, cos then all would have seen the Light. Jesus Christ is THE WAY no controversy.

2 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Saxophemsy: 5:07pm On Aug 05, 2012
Wizeboy:
The more you talk the more you show how ignorant you are, I ask you so many question in my last post, but you refuse to answer any of the questions ask, instead you jump on another false and erroneous conclusion. I believe you dont really know what you are saying. I told you not to abuse the prophet but you refuse and start saying nonsense to the prophet which your Bible even confirm.

Now I want you to clarify some of your Bible verses for me. If you didnt clarify this Bible verse this time around, I will assume you are confused and dont know what you are saying (and I will end this discussion here without replying you again).

YOUR BIBLE CONFIRM THE COMING OF PROPHET MUHAMMED

Read the following Bible verse which Jesus said and answer a simple question that follow:

John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever"

John 15:26 "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me"

John 14:26 "But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

John 16:7-14 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you."

1. Who is the Comforter being referred to by JESUS
2. he will guide you into all truth; for he shall not speak of himself but what he shall hear (that) shall he speak and he will shew you things to come (Can you deny the fact now that Prophet Muhammed is been sent by it was confirmed by JESUS).

JESUS said he will guide you into all truth (Who is he really referring to?):
why make erroneous quotes? Jesus promised the spirit of truth(holy ghost), is muhammad a spirit?

4 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by talk2me006(m): 5:15pm On Aug 05, 2012
odumchi: Islam has failed to maintain a good image in the east for many reasons most important of which being the Nigerian-Biafran war.

In the East, at that time, the war seen as an effort by the Northerners (namely the Hausa Fulani) to Islamize the East, thus the stigma. Nowadays, we are trying to find ways to harmonize our societies and establish peace between the adherents of Christianity and Animism. Christianity has already damaged and uprooted a large amount of the culture of the Eastern peoples; there is no need for Islam to enter the scene and wreak its own share of damage.

Besides, speaking from the perspective of the Igbo, the Igbo world view, culture, and tradition are incompatible with those of Islam. Attempting to unite these two will result in massive cultural upheaval and (possibly) violence. Besides, Christianity is so deeply rooted in Igboland that attempting a mass conversion from it to another faith is nearly impossible.

Ndi Igbo inyi mepe anya inyi o. Okwukwe Ndi Alakoba enweghi opoto na ali Igbo.
If u like go hug transformer!
ISLAM wil dominate d world weather u like it or not.
if u disagree let set d battling line btw u and d owner of that islam.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by aryzgreat: 5:16pm On Aug 05, 2012
Like his Bedouin contemporaries, Muhammad believed in shadowy beings and ghosts. These mythical creatures were known as Jinn. Muhammad spoke extensively about jinns. He told his followers that jinns were made of fire. They stand on each other’s shoulders all the way to heaven to eavesdrop to the conversation of the “exalted assembly” (mala-e a’la). Exalted Assembly, or Assembly of high was a term used by Sumerians to refer to the ancient reunion of gods representing the Sumerian pantheons, presided over by An and Enlil. Muhammad believed that meteorites are missiles thrown by angels to deter jinns from eavesdropping.

And (the Jinn who had listened to the Qur’an said): We had sought the heaven but had found it filled with strong warders and meteors. And we used to sit on places (high) therein to listen. But he who listeneth now findeth a flame in wait for him. Q. 72: 8-9

He repeated the same absurd idea again.

”We have indeed decked the lower heaven with beauty (in) the stars, (For beauty) and for guard against all obstinate rebellious evil spirits, (So) they should not strain their ears in the direction of the Exalted Assembly but be cast away from every side, Repulsed, for they are under a perpetual penalty, Except such as snatch away something by stealth, and they are pursued by a flaming fire, of piercing brightness. Q. 37: 6/10

And

“And we have, (from of old), adorned the lowest heaven with Lamps, and We have made such (Lamps) (as) missiles to drive away the Evil Ones, and have prepared for them the Penalty of the Blazing Fire. Q. 67: 5

[b]The universe envisioned by Muhammad, belongs to the realm of fairytale. The Earth for him was flat were the Sun raised from seas in one end and sets in the muddy waters on the other end. In Arabic, the word “sama” means both heaven and sky. Muhammad, just like his contemporaries, did not make any distinction between the two. He said heaven (sky) is made of seven layers and placed the stars in the lowest layer, lower than the Moon. Then he envisioned jinns standing on each other’s shoulders all the way to heaven to eavesdrop to the discussion of the “Exalted Assembly”. He thought stars are lamps hanging from the dome of the sky to adorn the lower heaven. When jinns climb on each other to eavesdrop, heaven’s guardian angels grab a star and hurl it at the jinns to scare them. Can any reasonable person today accept this kind of balderdash? What ancient people called shooting starts are meteorites – tiny rocks that glow when they enter the atmosphere of the earth. Stars are suns thousands of light years away from us. Apart from the fact that the idea of jinns is ridiculous, can they really stand on each other to reach the presence of gods? Which gods? If God is one, what is this “exalted assembly” he was talking about? As absurd as it may be, today’s Muslims still believe in the jinns. If it is written in Quran, then it must be true, as far as they are concerned. Rejecting this foolish idea is tantamount to rejecting the Quran.’[/b]

The following hadiths confirm the above story.

Narrated ‘Aisha: I heard Allah’s Apostle saying, “The angels descend, the clouds and mention this or that matter decreed in the Heaven. The devils listen stealthily to such a matter, come down to inspire the soothsayers with it, and the latter would add to it one-hundred lies of their own.”[ Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 54, Number 432]

Narrated ‘Aisha: Some people asked the Prophet regarding the soothsayers. He said, “They are nothing.” They said, “O Allah’s Apostle! Some of their talks come true.” The Prophet said, “That word which happens to be true is what a Jinn snatches away by stealth (from the Heaven) and pours it in the ears of his friend (the foreteller) with a sound like the cackling of a hen. The soothsayers then mix with that word, one hundred lies.”[ Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 93, Number 650]

Muslims are convinced that jinns are real. If it is in the Quran it must be real. The thought that the Quran can be
false does not enter their minds

MuhaMAD was a fairytale master. he postulated the earth was flat low and behold, scientists proved him wrong....
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by mshd5: 5:28pm On Aug 05, 2012
[quote author=Sweetnecta]we have to accept that christianity was not the first religion of the igbos. paganism was. i am guessing when christianity began to creep in, there were back room talks of it being foreign, not natural to the igbo animist spirit. and today, the igbos are calling themselves christian people. i need to let you guys know that there are igbo muslims on nairaland and they are not seeking contracts or favors from any nigerians. i know igbo muslims in my own life, members of my family. islam will enter igbo blood whether you are ready for it or not. it will both home and abroad, abroad meaning "far away land". the civil war headed Gowon for the Nigerian Government and Ojukwu for the part that wanted to leave the union. Both men were christians! to me, it was christian war, through and through and i was alive then, unlike those who the incident was related to. Bayo can laugh all the way, until he is shocked to the truth from God. if noblezone thinks islam always turns violent a. May Allah increase u in knwledge n wisdom
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by tonadoes: 5:35pm On Aug 05, 2012
I did enjoy dis trend, quite educative. All tanx 2 Vemmawealth, Sweetnecta and co. Any wise person wld hav seen wer d truth lies after dis long debates. In all we shd learn 2 tolerate one another
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by adezjamz(m): 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2012
odumchi: Islam has failed to maintain a good image in the east for many reasons most important of which being the Nigerian-Biafran war.

In the East, at that time, the war seen as an effort by the Northerners (namely the Hausa Fulani) to Islamize the East, thus the stigma. Nowadays, we are trying to find ways to harmonize our societies and establish peace between the adherents of Christianity and Animism. Christianity has already damaged and uprooted a large amount of the culture of the Eastern peoples; there is no need for Islam to enter the scene and wreak its own share of damage.

Besides, speaking from the perspective of the Igbo, the Igbo world view, culture, and tradition are incompatible with those of Islam. Attempting to unite these two will result in massive cultural upheaval and (possibly) violence. Besides, Christianity is so deeply rooted in Igboland that attempting a mass conversion from it to another faith is nearly impossible.

Ndi Igbo inyi mepe anya inyi o. Okwukwe Ndi Alakoba enweghi opoto na ali Igbo.
so how come hausa xtian exist? d major prob of u igbos is dat u are unidirectional in ur thinking. even if d door of d paradise is open 4 a fool to c, surely if will miss d way 2 it. datz y many of ur leaders had failed u including d current failure of d nation. May God show u d way.

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Ebeau: 5:55pm On Aug 05, 2012
vemmawealth:

Some of us know who this your Allah is and d understanding of his personality only points at one thing. That Islam is a deception.

Allah is an arabic word meaning "the god" .The arabic word for God is not Allah. "illah" is the arabic word for God. That's why Muslims say " la illah ill Allah" meaning "there is no God but "the-god"

Allah was worshipped by ancestors of Muhammad (peace cannot possibly be upon him). His grand father (Abdulmutallib) worshiped Allah and named Muhammad's father AbdAllah (meaning the servant of Allah). Allah was one of the over 360 idols housed in the Kaaba. Muhammad (peace cannot possibly be upon him) came and dislodged all others and left only Allah/ "the god" (the black stone)

There's also Allat(meaning "the goddess"wink She is mentioned in the Qur'an (Sura 53:19), pre-Islamic Arabs considered her as one of the daughters of Allah along with Manāt and al-‘Uzzá.

The shrine and temple dedicated to Allat in Taif was demolished by Abu Sufyan ibn Harb, on the orders of Mohammed (trying to cover his claim that God has no Son), during the Expedition of Abu Sufyan ibn Harb, in the same year as the Battle of Tabuk.

the worst of mankind must be the one who thinks he knows when actually he knows nothing. oh, so u think u are in the better position to translate the Qur'an to Muslims? u'r making a big mistake. and btw, does that make u feel better about christianity. that sure is. your insecurity keeps you going all around finding faults about Islam.

Mind you, Allah says, "Today I have perfected your religion for you, and completed My grace upon you, and approved Islam as your religion." #andnothingmore
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by aryzgreat: 5:58pm On Aug 05, 2012

raiyu · 75 weeks ago
It is sad to see that many muslims are still letting themselves being deceived by the lies that have been foretold for centuries. I live in a country that just announced itself as a modernize muslim country. The leaders always boast about Islam is the true religion. Everyone have their equal rights in Islam.

Although I am no longer a muslim, I can never make my renounce official since it is against the Syaria Law in this country. You are only considered as a non-muslim if the syaria court says so. But at the same time, if you make any statements of leaving Islam whether verbally or written, you can end up in jail for 3 years. Can you imagine how injustice the Islamic law is. Giving hopes of equal rights in believe, but at the same time when you wanted to change faith, they took away your rights without any consent or understanding.

Changing faith is no men's power to control. It is between you and God. How can you force someone who is truly no longer have faith in Islam to continue be a muslim for the rest of their lives. I remembered someone used to tell me these saying, " You can bring your horse to the river, but you can never make your horse to drink from it."

Maybe the officials can force people to continue be a muslim. But they can never change people's faith.

It's hard to live in limbo like this.

many muslims are leaving IslamaBAD but are scared of death
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by aribisala0(m): 6:08pm On Aug 05, 2012
aryzgreat:

MuhaMAD was a fairytale master. he postulated the earth was flat low and behold, scientists proved him wrong....
This is very true but is equally true for the Christians with many similar tales like Jesus ascending UP into heaven. Or a voice from above (HEAVEN) declaring this is my believed son. Tales as ridiculous as they would be now were accepted as Gospel back then.
tales of Jesus casting out demons of madness and sending them into herds of swine.
In short both of them were filled with Ogogoro !!
Just imagine if any of those two jokers was around today??
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by aryzgreat: 6:14pm On Aug 05, 2012

Islam contradicting itself while trying to understand d Bible

All four Gospels say that Jesus was crucified. The story of his crucifixion is given in detail in

Mark 15. 21-41;

Matt. 27.32-44;

Luke 23. 26-43 and

John 19. 17-27,

Despite this the Quran says Jesus was not crucified. Instead, his resemblance was put over another man (Remember Mission Impossible? Must have been something like that.) and it was that person who was crucified.

“And because of their saying (in boast), ‘We killed Messiah ‘Isa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allâh,’ – but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of ‘Isa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)

But Allâh raised him ['Isa (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he is in the heavens). And Allâh is Ever All­Powerful, All­Wise. )” (Q.4:157-158)

Muslims apologists have defended this Quranic error. The Encyclopaedia of Islam writes:

The denial, furthermore, is in perfect agreement with the logic of the Qur’an. The Biblical stories reproduced in it (e.g., Job, Moses, Joseph etc.) and the episodes relating to the history of the beginning of Islam demonstrate that it is “God’s practice” (sunnat Allah) to make faith triumph finally over the forces of evil and adversity. “So truly with hardship comes ease”, (XCIV, 5, 6). For Jesus to die on the cross would have meant the triumph of his executioners; but the Quran asserts that they undoubtedly failed: Assuredly God will defend those who believe”; (XXII, 49). He confounds the plots of the enemies of Christ (III, 54).

Althoguh most Muslims believe Jesus was raised to heaven alive, a small minority of them, mainly Ahmadi Muslim, say he was indeed rescued but died before his ascension. Mahmoud Ayoub says,

The Qur’an is not here speaking about a man, righteous and wronged though he may be, but about the Word of God who was sent to earth and returned to God. Thus the denial of killing of Jesus is a denial of the power of men to vanquish and destroy the divine Word, which is forever victorious.”

A problem with this story is the fact that it implies that God is unjust. He tricks people by replacing Jesus with someone else. Isn’t that injustice to that victim? Why would not God save Jesus without playing tricks and sacrificing someone else in his place? It also implies that God is weak. Playing tricks is what the weak does.

Why this discrepancy? Why would Muhammad say something that is contrary to all Gospels? It is because Muhammad’s knowledge of the Scriptures was based on hearsay. He personally had not read the Bible.

At the time of Muhammad, the Christians of the Northern Arabia and Damascus were Nestorian. They thought that it is impossible to kill the Son of God. Based on this belief they had developed a doctrine that maintained God must have tricked the Pharisees and the person who was crucified must have been someone else who took the resemblance of Jesus.

This is how Muhammad came to know about the story of crucifixion. Even though he could read, he was not fond of books and learning. Narcissists think they know everything, and there is nothing anyone can teach them.

There are numerous verses that show Muhammad had very little understanding of the Bible. While listening to Christian preachers, particularly in the market of Okaz, during his youth, he heard many Bibilical stories, but because he did not read that book personally, he confused many of its events and protagonists.

One example of those confusions is the story of Samaritans and Moses where Muhammad places the Samaritans at the time of Moses when such people had not existed at that time.

Another blunder is when he confuses Mary, mother of Jesus with Miriam, sister of Aaron and Moses. These two women lived 1500 years apart. The Quran says.

“She brought (the babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms), They said: “O Mary! Truly a strange thing has thou brought! “O sister of Aaron, thy father was not a man of evil, nor your mother a woman unchaste!” Q. 19:27-28

This error is repeated in verse 66:12 where Muhammad calls Mary, daughter of `Imran.

The reason for this blunder is because Mary and Miriam are both translated in Arabic as Maryam. The unlettered prophet pretender heard Jesus’ mother was Maryam and also Aarron’s sister was called Maryam. He thought the two are one and the same.

There is evidence to suggest he could read. It is unlikely that Abdul Muttalib would not send him to maktab (school). However, it is also clear that Muhammad was not in love of books. His knowledge about everything, including the Bible is superficial and sketchy

MuhaMAD did expo! grab bible by hearsay, grab Torah abraham history and call it koran and claim allah spoke to him about koran.

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by khan2012: 6:19pm On Aug 05, 2012
Ebeau:

the worst of mankind must be the one who thinks he knows when actually he knows nothing. oh, so u think u are in the better position to translate the Qur'an to Muslims? u'r making a big mistake. and btw, does that make u feel better about christianity. that sure is. your insecurity keeps you going all around finding faults about Islam.

Mind you, Allah says, "Today I have perfected your religion for you, and completed My grace upon you, and approved Islam as your religion." #andnothingmore
Pls U Muslims should answer my question. Why do u like converting people by force?

I have been reading this thread and dont seem to get the fight over supremacy of one religion over another. I'm not interested in the supremacy of one religion over another, I I'm only interested in the fundamental human rights of every individual to worship any God or god they so desire without threat to their life by others. I therefore wish to direct my question more to my Muslim brethrens especially the likes of @Sweetnecta, @Wizeboy etc,
1. Why is it that it is Islam that is highly intolerant of people freely converting to other religions and can go to the extent of issuing fatwa on converts or so called blasphemers, even honour killings by family member?
2. Why is it that Muslims always find it hard to co-habit with people of other religions, they come in settle quietly, but over time, when they grow in number, they begin to cause violent activities? E.g in Burma, in India, Russia and so on. (You may want to justify this one). Though i always say that 'if every muslim can be like the yoruba muslims, there will be relative peace in the world'. In yoruba family, you can find an Immam father and a pastor son and they co-habit peacefully, but same cannot be said of northerners or arab muslims where it seems intolerance is the order of the day as well as indoctrination even from childhood.
3. Why do Muslims always hide under the guise of Islam to term the western world Christians and therefore declare Jihad on non-muslims? Cos the truth is that the fact that former President Bush is a Christian or America and Britain Christian dominated countries does not mean that they are fighting terrorists in the name of Christianity or any other religion. So why does Muslims always incite hatred against Christians when world leaders take political decisions?
4. Agreed that violence is not only limited to Islam, but what I see everyday points to the fact that Islam is akin to violence. Dont get me wrong, i have a lot of Muslim friends and they surely are peaceful, but it seems there is an aspect of Islamic teaching to which when twisted tend to turn people violent and intolerant of other religions.
5. Finally, I know that there are extremests in different religions, but why is it that Islam tend to be the religion with most violence and intolerant of other religions. E.g, Moslems are allowed to practice their religion in the western and non-muslim world to a great extent, but same cannot be said of Muslim countries allowing freedom of other religions in Muslim dominated countries. Instead they resort to calling non-muslims condescending names like pigs and people of the book. Non-muslims are not allowed to practice freely in muslim dominated countries and are always under constant threat both by the masses and government. Non-muslims are highly marginalized.

I will like an answer to all these and why Muslims are o.k with people converting from other religions to Islam, but not the other way round. I believe people should have the right to live their life the way they so choose, but Islam seem not to agree with that. God says vengeance is mine, but in Islam it seems Muslims always want to physically fight for God and forcefully convert people, hence the logical reason they are growing cos people are afraid to die. There are many world religions as we know it today, but Islam is the one most associated with violence and bloodshed.

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Onlytruth(m): 6:20pm On Aug 05, 2012
The fact remains that Igbo are Christians because Christianity makes sense to them and "marries" into Igbo natural worldview and belief system. Igbo have long believed in "Egbe bere Ugo bere"(let the kite perch and let the eagle perch too-live and let live) even before Christianity set foot in Igboland. Islam does not truly believe in Egbe bere ugo bere. It spread mainly through jihadic conquests.
Islam is charged to propagate by violence, and that strikes at the CORE of the Igbo spirit of free choice and egalitarianism.

To me, an Igbo who say he is a Moslem is like a sheep who thinks that by hunting and eating meat with lions long enough he could become a canivore. Islam is predominantly in the Arab and semi-arab worlds for a reason. The Spaniards fought the Moors constantly for 700 years and in the end kicked them out of Spain. Today, Spain is a Christian country. They could have become Muslims, but they are not. lol
The same basic rejection of Islam by the Spaniards is type of a basic rejection of Islam by the Igbo. The rejection is natural and basic. Onye Igbo would rather revert to traditional African beliefs than convert en masse to Islam. Such mass conversion will NEVER happen in Igboland, even in a 1000 years.

So, I go with those who say that about 9.99% of the so called Igbo Muslims are actually contract seekers and business deals men. cool

2 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by khan2012: 6:23pm On Aug 05, 2012
tonadoes: I did enjoy dis trend, quite educative. All tanx 2 Vemmawealth, Sweetnecta and co. Any wise person wld hav seen wer d truth lies after dis long debates. In all we shd learn 2 tolerate one another
pls wht is the truth? why does Islam force people to convert and issue fatwa on people that denounce Islam?
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 05, 2012
Islam, Moslem. I dey laugh ooo
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 05, 2012
@aryzgreat. See what Years of brainwashing can do to a human being. how dare you accuse islam of beleiving in spirits. May be you meant christianity. Muslims beleive in the Existence of Jinns (spirits).but we dont worship them. But christians worship spirit/ghost called holy ghost. This is a universally known fact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Zakatul - Fitr: I Received This From My Muslim Neighbor / Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. / 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.