Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims (33965 Views)

Hidden Islam: Nicolo Degiorgis Charts The Challenges Of Being Muslim In Italy / Challenges Of Muslims In Nigeria; Solutions Needed Please / Challenges Facing Igbo Muslims - Sheikh Uthman Anaga (igbo Muslim) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 05, 2012
Crown Prince: when is the islamic iboman completing the islamic initiation/ceremony by tying a bomb round his waist to do the inevitable in front of his family members?
Fooolesh man from uncircumcized loin.
.What can you say about
there biblical verses you
little terrorist.
“When you approach a
city to fight against it,
you shall offer it terms of
peace. If it agrees to
make peace with you and
opens to you, then all the
people who are found in
it
shall become your forced
labor and shall serve you.
However, if it does not
make peace with you,
but
makes war against you,
then you shall besiege it.
When the LORD your God
gives it into your hand,
you shall strike all the
men in it with the edge of
the sword. Only the
women and the children
and the animals and all
that is in the city, all its
spoil, you shall take as
booty for yourself; and
you shall use the spoil of
your enemies which the
LORD your God has given
you. Only in the cities of
these peoples that the
LORD your God is giving
you as an inheritance,
you
shall not leave alive
anything that
breathes” (
Deuteronomy 20:10-17).
“Now therefore, kill
every male among the
little ones, and kill every
woman who has known
man intimately. But all the
girls who have not
known
man intimately, spare for
yourselves.” (Numbers
31:17-18).
“Do not think that I
have
come to send peace on
earth. I did not come to
send peace, but a sword.
I
am sent to set a man
against his father, a
daughter against her
mother, and a daughter-
in-law against her
mother-in-
law” (Matthew
10:34-35).
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by SisiKill1: 11:37pm On Aug 05, 2012
Sweetnecta: @ Sisi_kill: the bold is more than 2 words. its actually 4. count them, again.
Whaaaaa? You don't say!!!

Oh dear! I am so embarrassed right now. embarassed
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by REVOLUTNIS: 11:37pm On Aug 05, 2012
Any Igbo man or woman who convert to Islam should be stone to dead, bcus their are bringing curse on our land.

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 05, 2012
alienvirus: cheesy cheesy cheesy

Adeboye or Oyedepo? Maybe TB Joshua!
Maybe Chris okotie(searching for 72 virgins,he has tasted 2 and counting),or Oyakhilome(Jerry coil man or Mr masturbation) or Oyedepo(hot slap master) or T.b j(doom doom doom) or Pastor fireman(scum bag that duped a nigerian movie artist) or Oritsejafor(Mr blink blink) or Bakare(Political nuisanse) even Gej(even christains call him all sort of names)any contribution?

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Bella3(f): 11:58pm On Aug 05, 2012
akthedream: .
.What can you say about
there biblical verses you
little terrorist.
“When you approach a
city to fight against it,
you shall offer it terms of
peace. If it agrees to
make peace with you and
opens to you, then all the
people who are found in
it
shall become your forced
labor and shall serve you.
However, if it does not
make peace with you,
but
makes war against you,
then you shall besiege it.
When the LORD your God
gives it into your hand,
you shall strike all the
men in it with the edge of
the sword. Only the
women and the children
and the animals and all
that is in the city, all its
spoil, you shall take as
booty for yourself; and
you shall use the spoil of
your enemies which the
LORD your God has given
you. Only in the cities of
these peoples that the
LORD your God is giving
you as an inheritance,
you
shall not leave alive
anything that
breathes” (
Deuteronomy 20:10-17).
“Now therefore, kill
every male among the
little ones, and kill every
woman who has known
man intimately. But all the
girls who have not
known
man intimately, spare for
yourselves.” (Numbers
31:17-18).
“Do not think that I
have
come to send peace on
earth. I did not come to
send peace, but a sword.
I
am sent to set a man
against his father, a
daughter against her
mother, and a daughter-
in-law against her
mother-in-
law” (Matthew
10:34-35).
sorry bt Christainity is nt about the bible. It is about Christ. Mo-ses is just anoda Mo-hammed! Only diff. Is moses deviated, mohammed was neva on track.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 06, 2012
bright007: In your myopic mind,anybody who is not å muslim is å christian.go to northern nigeria and see how islam has made that place peaceful
Go to india,denmark,Isreal,kenya and see how christainity has made that place peaceful.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 06, 2012
Bélla3: sorry bt Christainity is nt about the bible. It is about Christ. Mo-ses is just anoda Mo-hammed! Only diff. Is moses deviated, mohammed was neva on track.
Are you trying to tell me the bible is useless?
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 06, 2012
Bélla3: my anty's husband , from ebonyi says people there embrace islam 4 things as little as 'okada'
Are they not better than those that accept christainity for things as harmful as HOT SLAP?
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 06, 2012
aneldaking:

my broda pls try 2 knw about d history about ur islam b4 u cum out 2 xpose ur sef or u try 2 ask ur gst lecturer about d history b4 u bgin 2 convert adam mary and co 2 islam haba dis shows dat u r empty wen it cums 2 d knwoldge ur religion hahahaha funny boy
Stop ranting,counter him with poof and points.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Bella3(f): 12:25am On Aug 06, 2012
akthedream: Go to india,denmark,Isreal,kenya and see how christainity has made that place peaceful.
you must be high on weed! None of d places you mentioned is a Christain state. Except mayb denmark.

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Bella3(f): 12:25am On Aug 06, 2012
akthedream: Are they not better than those that accept christainity for things as harmful as HOT SLAP?
where did u see dat?
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Bella3(f): 12:30am On Aug 06, 2012
akthedream: Are you trying to tell me the bible is useless?
the bible is a witnes of hw people related to God. Hw they felt him, hw dey encountered him, and finaly hw to see him. The bible is only a witnes of a witnes to the light. The bible contains Gods word to his servants.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Sweetnecta: 12:43am On Aug 06, 2012
@Khan2012:
by khan2012: 6:40pm

Faraidi: you are truely a bastard and a lost soul

Pls my questions are still pending, i need a Muslim's answer like you.

I have been reading this thread and dont seem to get the fight over supremacy of one religion over another. I'm not interested in the supremacy of one religion over another, I I'm only interested in the fundamental human rights of every individual to worship any God or god they so desire without threat to their life by others. I therefore wish to direct my question more to my Muslim brethrens especially the likes of @Sweetnecta, @Wizeboy etc,
1. Why is it that it is Islam that is highly intolerant of people freely converting to other religions and can go to the extent of issuing fatwa on converts or so called blasphemers
Islam allows people to leave it: "O those who believe, do believe in Allah and His Messenger and in the Book He has revealed to His Messenger and in the Books He has revealed earlier. And whoever disbelieves in Allah and His angels and His Books and His Messengers and the Last Day has indeed gone far astray. [136]

Surely, those who believed and then disbelieved, believed again and then disbelieved, then went on increasing in their disbelief - Allah is not to forgive thein nor lead them on the path."[137] (4:136-137
)

even honour killings by family member?
honor killing is cultural and not religious. islam does not permit it. islam does not advocate it. i know igbos who are angry that i am married to igbo. they wish my spouse leave the union. some of them may actually kill if my spouse is not a person of substance. the same applies to yorubas. or any group for that matter.

I have not seen any so called Christian country killing or sending a Christian who converts to any other religion to jail,
i there a christian country? some thread about polish people hating muslims in poland so much so that they can kill the muslims without thinking about it. Imam jamil alamin of georgia state, usa is in prison and people felt that the case against him happened at the wrong time of history; after 911 and he looked like bin laden with the same thin stringy and long face.

but one dare not leave Islam for any other religion in those Muslim countries.
while "those muslim countries" you have in mind are going about it wrong, so are the christian igbos on nairaland about this thread. whats the difference? behind the close door, who know what igbo chritian community will do to muslim igbo?

Religion should be by choice, isn't it or are Muslims afraid of loosing members that they have to resort to using fear to keep followership?
refer to the verses, about. are the christian igbos afraid the muslims igbos may actually diminish the rank of the christians by good behavior?

2. Why is it that Muslims always find it hard to co-habit with people of other religions,
yoruba land, muslim and christian communities exist.

they come in settle quietly, but over time, when they grow in number, they begin to cause violent activities? E.g in Burma, in India, Russia and so on. (You may want to justify this one).
black america fought for its right when its population became large enough to influence the effort. south african blacks started their effort to let the world pay attention to them over apartheid when they are having many doctors and lawyers, and other professionals. every minority wants equality as they see injustice upon them as evil and oppressive.

Though i always say that 'if every muslim can be like the yoruba muslims,
try senegal. its next door. really. and the muslims in ethiopia, though majority are being killed by the christians. how about that? evil is evil regardless of which group commit it.

there will be relative peace in the world'. In yoruba family, you can find an Immam father and a pastor son and they co-habit peacefully, but same cannot be said of northerners or arab muslims where it seems intolerance is the order of the day as well as indoctrination even from childhood.
do you count the igbo christians aong the fanatics?

3. Why do Muslims always hide under the guise of Islam to term the western world Christians and therefore declare Jihad on non-muslims? Cos the truth is that the fact that former President Bush is a Christian or America and Britain Christian dominated countries does not mean that they are fighting terrorists in the name of Christianity or any other religion.
the opinion about bush is yours. bush said crusade. thats what his people started out as; crusaders. continue to sugarcoat everything for christianity without facing reality.

So why does Muslims always incite hatred against Christians when world leaders take political decisions?
you must be local? every group wants freedom for itself and even dominate others. christians are exactly like that the reason you see igbo christians shunning igbo mulims. the christians have been very successful in dividing the muslims. the office of the kalifah has not been restored because you have some big shots muslims who do not want to be subjected to the kalifah.

4. Agreed that violence is not only limited to Islam, but what I see everyday points to the fact that Islam is akin to violence.
there is no violence in islam, but there are violent muslims. nowhere in the uran you can wipe people off the map including animals and trees.Look into your Bible where Jesus was the God of the OT and see what he was before he became mild.

Dont get me wrong, i have a lot of Muslim friends and they surely are peaceful, but it seems there is an aspect of Islamic teaching to which when twisted tend to turn people violent and intolerant of other religions.
twisting can be applied to get your result. reality is whats important. while islam make people mild[er], the same cant be said about christianity where war is total war until the opponent is vanguished. Thank God that you didnt say you are the peaceful one and your muslim friends are the violent ones.

5. Finally, I know that there are extremests in different religions, but why is it that Islam tend to be the religion with most violence and intolerant of other religions. E.g, Moslems are allowed to practice their religion in the western and non-muslim world to a great extent,
great extent, you said. but there are muslim citizens in these so called non muslim countries. they pay taxes and serve in the defense of the countries. you tend to think islam is foreign to the west or the so called non muslim countries. it is not so.

but same cannot be said of Muslim countries allowing freedom of other religions in Muslim dominated countries.
the rule of islam does not dominate or the ruling tool of the places you tag muslim countries. and christians are free to worship in senegal. do you now that?

Instead they resort to calling non-muslims condescending names like pigs and people of the book.
the word infidel was coined by christians so that it can be used in identifying muslims. jews call non jews goyims, gentiles. you tend to be doing a bad job in the bidding for your religion. you need to research some so that muslims are not all perfect. but they need to improve so do all others, including christians.

Non-muslims are not allowed to practice freely in muslim dominated countries and are always under constant threat both by the masses and government. Non-muslims are highly marginalized.
try israel. then come back and tell us. try the vatican. try china. try ethiopia where it is fashionable to kill muslims.

2 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Bella3(f): 1:05am On Aug 06, 2012
@sweet necta
what was Jesus b4 he became mild?
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Nobody: 1:16am On Aug 06, 2012
Bélla3: you must be high on weed! None of d places you mentioned is a Christain state. Except mayb denmark.
You must be high on skunk or have you received and holy Slap??Must it be a christain state/country be your terrorist can attack?
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Bella3(f): 1:36am On Aug 06, 2012
akthedream: You must be high on skunk or have you received and holy Slap??Must it be a christain state/country be your terrorist can attack?
am sorry, bt u said its christains that are doing the terrorism!
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Nobody: 1:45am On Aug 06, 2012
Bélla3: am sorry, bt u said its christains that are doing the terrorism!
You did not answer my question,Have you received Bishop Oyedepo's hot slap??,an yes i meant christian terrorist..
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Nobody: 1:52am On Aug 06, 2012
vemmawealth:

Be deceiving yourself. Which allah? The star/crescent moon or d black stone?
You have been stylishly dodging questions that have been put forwajrd to you.Nope muslim don worship what u stated above.its the christains that worship idols which include the picture of Nel gibson..is he not ur jesus?..So anybody with beards and long hair represents ur jesus huh?..You okay?

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by talk2me006(m): 5:25am On Aug 06, 2012
Bélla3: the bible is a witnes of hw people related to God. Hw they felt him, hw dey encountered him, and finaly hw to see him. The bible is only a witnes of a witnes to the light. The bible contains Gods word to his servants.
Dis man/woman, it seems you dont even ashame of yourself.
so christianity doesnt belive in moses,and u said christianity is not about bible.
omg! which kind of religion be this.
may God prevent us from this your religion and I pray he should let us meet him with his only religion-ISLAM . amin.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by talk2me006(m): 5:36am On Aug 06, 2012
Bélla3: king lived by d sword, died by d sword. He is in hell nw.. Even though i knw u are devils agent and hav acess to hell., sory, am nt hell bound u cant drag me wit u. And my mum and dad hav bin living happily for twenty sumtin years and stil livin. Best couple ever! Example of true love! Btw, why do u condemn divorce when mohammed had about 18 bosoms to suck from, plus Aishas flat ones dat were equal to one fourth making it 18and 1/4?
U need special intervention from God.
your false comment abt d prophet(pbuh) wil not harm him but rather elevate him. it is you that wil lose
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by gbadexy(m): 5:37am On Aug 06, 2012
I still ask, was any arab country aggressive before 1947 when america forced palestinians out of their land and made them refugees?
Wasn't after the act that six arab countries attacked isreal and the enmity between america and the arabs started.
Christians are the worst hypocrites n earth and it has been inculcated by their western colonial masters. Even animists are straight forward and predictable.
Any intelligent and honest person knows that it was because the americans displaced the palestinians that started some groups sponsored by the some arab leaders to continue the war covertly against america and while the palestinians and some arabs view them as freedom fighters, america see them as terrorists. One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.
I now respect the foresight of the arabs that repel american's influence. any country that allows itself to be controlled by them is a good country(e.g saudi, U.A.E) and they later gradually pollute them.
Imagine america and britain pressuring african countries and even threatening them with aids withdrawal to accept homosexuality because they know most african countries are poor. What kind of condition is that before you can help someone. Look at the senseless killing during the premier of batman movie and the yearly such occurrence by their youths or an anglican gay bishop! (The person who should know better why God destroyed soddom and gommora) what kind of congregation would he have?
I now see the sense in the conservative stance of core muslim countries. They say americans have freedom, freedom to commit adultery and make it glamorous by free love, spouse swapping, homosexuality? The muslim sharia law might be harsh, but any straight forward person that doesn't steal, crave after another person's spouse, kill and commit horrible crimes has nothing to fear and it would make that community sane. If I stay in such country, I will adapt and even be strictly kept away from sin.
Islam gave the option of early marriage and marrying of up to four wives so as to prevent fornication, adultery and wandering eyes, yet hypocrites prefer freedom to engage in pre_marital sex and adultery and would complain about early marriage call polygamy adultery! How unreasonable can someone get.
Most of the prophets of God had many wives and the Quran is like the continuation of Old testament. What I find curious is the difference in the tone and manner God communicates in the Old testament and swift departure in the tone and instructions of God in the new testament. The God that doesn't tolerate associating partners with him in both the Quran and OT, that doesn't tolerate injustice to people and that gives warning of what to expect in both books suddenly was mild and meek. God has been communicating with His prophets for thousand of years and His message never changed, suddenly over a span of few years chronicled in the NT, God changed His laws and is tolerant of sin with promise to wash off all sins by simply believing that Jesus died for them and is His son.
The main purpose of man's creation is to worship God alone and nothing else, I think people need to generally pray to God to lead them to Him, there are so many confusionists out there that are deceiving people for financial gains.

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by talk2me006(m): 5:44am On Aug 06, 2012
akthedream: You have been stylishly dodging questions that have been put forwajrd to you.Nope muslim don worship what u stated above.its the christains that worship idols which include the picture of Nel gibson..is he not ur jesus?..So anybody with beards and long hair represents ur jesus huh?..You okay?
dont mind dat woman.she has not replied any of those question instead jump to other. is like she has confused
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by gbadexy(m): 6:16am On Aug 06, 2012
Wow, we had Iftar for nairaland muslims on saturday and I wish I could have met AKthedream and sweetnectar.
Sweet nectar, keep up the real jihad. Your husband is a most fortunate man.
Muhammad didn't consummate with Aisha at 9 years old, while he married her relatively young, any student of history knows that girls marry at 12 years old back then and even in the mediaval times and if it were an issue, the critics of the prophet would have made an issue out of it.
Besides, the arabs and Caucasians have rapid growth and a 12 or 13 years old arab would probably look like a 19 year old black african.

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by talk2me006(m): 6:37am On Aug 06, 2012
Bélla3: sorry bt Christainity is nt about the bible. It is about Christ. Mo-ses is just anoda Mo-hammed! Only diff. Is moses deviated, mohammed was neva on track.
If christian is not about bible that mean ur christianity has no bases. i wil suggest a holy quran for u which wil let u know that jesus cannot save u.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by talk2me006(m): 6:38am On Aug 06, 2012
If christian is not about bible that mean ur christianity has no bases. i wil suggest a holy quran for u which wil let u know that jesus cannot save u..
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by talk2me006(m): 6:59am On Aug 06, 2012
Bélla3: have ur shiek ra.ped ur 9 yrs old sister?
bella or wat, your reply here show us the kind of a woman/girl u be. no wonder!
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 06, 2012
Bélla3: king lived by d sword, died by d sword. He is in hell nw.. Even though i knw u are devils agent and hav acess to hell., sory, am nt hell bound u cant drag me wit u. And my mum and dad hav bin living happily for twenty sumtin years and stil livin. Best couple ever! Example of true love! Btw, why do u condemn divorce when mohammed had about 18 bosoms to suck from, plus Aishas flat ones dat were equal to one fourth making it 18and 1/4?
@vemmawealth and Bella3-Well am left with no choice here but to do this.If all you have said about Islam and Prophet Muhammed(pbuh) in particular is true,may the God you serve answer all your prayer and grant you all your wishes on earth and hereafter.But if what you have been posting are lies,may the God you serve punish you and make you pay for it on earth and hereafter(Unless you repent from these lies)..Please kindly say a big AMEN to this if you know you have been typing nothing but the truth.Even that adultrated book you call Bible,also detest lies.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by manbuchai: 7:25am On Aug 06, 2012
These mallams never fails to amaze me,so their target now is to penetrate igboland?That will never happen in a million years,those that are posting this trash does not know the igbos.Infact i am out of here!!!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience / 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh / Shocking Reason Why Muslims Don't Condemn Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.