Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens (21381 Views)

Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" / Impeachment Plot Against Governor Aliyu Stopped / Tension In EKITI As Impeachment Crisis Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Abbey2sam(m): 9:24am On Jul 23, 2012
olaadegoke: Bakare prophesy might come sooner that predicted yr...Oh wait a min..This is Nigeria politriks..BribeDo or Die
the impeachment process has alread began before his prophesy, his prophesy was yesterday while the impeachment process started since on thursday......soooo?
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 23, 2012
maclatunji:

Do you know your House of Reps. member? I know mine and I know he works hard for his constituency. So yes, they do represent us and by the way this impeachment is long overdue.

If there are members of the National Assembly that have committed crimes, they should be sanctioned according to the law. However, seeking to undermine the powers of the National Assembly because some elements within it may be corrupt is a manifestation of woefully inept thinking.

If NASS members are corrupt, it is the job of the anticorruption agencies within the Executive to investigate and charge them to court since they have no immunity. No matter how you look at it or where you turn, the blame lies with the Executive. You will only think otherwise if you are ignorant, unenlightened or outrightly dumb.

Thats a silly question, i know mine and he is a thief just like the others.. Which Anti corruption agencies are you talking about here are they not corrupt? if they are not corrupt where is the case of facrook? am beginning to think you are one of them... My ears pains me whenever i hear people talk of anti corruption agencies on Nigeria because am yet to see one that is not compromised.... The case of facrook was proven while he suggested otedola's company to be removed from the list of those indicted from the subsidy scam while you and i knows that otedola is not clean of the subsidy scam. If at all the house is serious they should start cleaning their own house
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by alaoeri: 9:28am On Jul 23, 2012
Can't wait for a action film in nigeria, remove the retardeen niger delta militant rises & nigeria divides.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Wizeboy(m): 9:29am On Jul 23, 2012
boyendowed: Impeach him and face war.You think militants will just accept it?
Very funny, so you guys has turned Nigeria to your own property where your so called son (GEJ) can do anything he likes without giving a damn.

If Jonathan is impeach, I can tell you that nothing will happen, as Nigeria belong to us all and not what an individual/group will turn to their entity. Is just that legislatives proposing this are not also clean thats why I wouldn't support them until they clean their own house first.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 23, 2012
alaoeri: Can't wait for a action film in nigeria, remove the retardeen niger delta militant rises & nigeria divides.

u dey mind em, let them try it and see wad up
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by emmddy: 9:32am On Jul 23, 2012
delord's:
They won't react on issues affecting the common man (BOKO HARAM, POVERTY, UNEMPLOYMENT, ELECTRICITY....) but they are ready to die or impeach the president when any policy affect their pockets. Please tell these THIEVES to reduce the grammar "POOR IMPLEMENTATION" to what Nigerians will understand. They will always use superficial grammar to cover up their motives always pregnant with criminal tendencies.

ode dont you know that the budget is well implement all this issue will be solved
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by 9jii(m): 9:41am On Jul 23, 2012
tongue[color=#000099][/color]
pendusky: SMH! PDP GOVERNMENT! Am still watching u guys! And I knw its not possible!

me too.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by bright007(f): 9:43am On Jul 23, 2012
ypzilanti: HOW WE ENDED UP WITH A RETARDEEN PRESIDENT, AND WHY PDP'S PRESIDENTS WILL ALWAYS BE DUMBER THAN THE LAST ONE.

Corrupt and deprived of his third term agenda, OBJ seeks a weak president that will not probe him and may die in power due to health issues.

He nominates Y'ardua and gives him a weaker vice president GEJ to succeed him if his health issues play out.

GEJ assumes power upon his superior's demise, and seeks a dullard who will not challenge his authority. Sambo is nominated.

So Sambo, is duller than GEJ, GEJ is duller than Y'ardua, Y'Ardua is duller than OBJ.

Mathematically:

Sambo < GEJ < Y'Ardua < Obasanjo.
LMAO....something to always make u smile on nairaland.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Ryabcool(m): 9:49am On Jul 23, 2012
gboss4sure:

Boko Haram right? What is boko haram and what are they fighting for? The north should be responsible for boko haram and not GEJ because they don't want it to stop, Ask me why and i will tell you.
what are you saying? No offense but you made no sense. How can you say its the north? Your president himself said he knew the sponsors of the terrorist sect, why didn't he come out with it and make sure they faced the wrath of the law thereby ending the menace? Your president has most part to be blamed. Why do we have him as a president if he can't have the balls to confidently and forcefully end it? I trust OBJ for one thing, if it happened durimg his tenure, he would have levelled the entire north if they dared try to stop him from ending the mayhem. Ebele Jonathan is not fit to be where he is. The security situation in Nigeria MORE THAN ENOUGH justifies impeachment. As to the budget non-implementation, it is also VALID ENOUGH as a reason! Although one can not help but notice the ulterior motives behind it all by our dearest inconsiderate house of reps and senators, the basis they center their accusations cannot be overlooked either. Obasanjo trully did deserve to be impeached for some of his actions, but the fact we didn't impeach him then doesn't mean we shouldn't be wiser to allow the past not repeat itself.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by megxo(m): 9:49am On Jul 23, 2012
so afta de impeach him, wor nxt? maybe a possible Namadi Takes ova....well well well, i hope dat wud bring success.....
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by jamil2(m): 9:50am On Jul 23, 2012
More than 500 viewers to this thread!
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 23, 2012
The impeachment threat is already dead on arrival.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 23, 2012
Will Farouk Lawan also vote to impeach the president? If YES the impeachment process would soon get farouked. GEJ should pls relax
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by ypzilanti: 9:58am On Jul 23, 2012
Abeg, they should leave the guy there. We the progressives want to give him the Edo State landslide treatment in 2015.

Oshio Baba, Fashola...hope you guys are warming up.

End this PDP charade.

PDP should nominate the few performing governors they have on their rooster if they are serious, but they wont.

Open you eyes people. PDP at the center is not interested in development. It is interested in maintaining the status quo.

Their policy is to always seek a weak unambitious fella that will not rock the boat, so that the status qup will remain.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by TrueNaijaguy: 10:00am On Jul 23, 2012
Tinubu's paper is at it again. They also came up with a sensational headline 'Jonathan begs Tambuwal' all in a bid to demean the President an make Nigerians believe he's not in charge. Most of these reports are mere speculations.

The motion to commence impeachment proceedings against GEJ' if the budget wast implemented by 100 percent by september was never adopted by the house so where is this story coming from. The President also that there has been delay in releasing funds for some parastatals and has given directives where necessary. Coincidentally he was having a meeting with some of his appointees on ways to enhance implementation same time the house was dee bating the issue.

Budget implementation has been our problems since 1999 but this is the first time a sitting President is openly admitting that it's a problem that must be tackled as a matter of urgency. Rather than crucify him, Nigerians should commend him for the way and manner headmitted the challenges and the commitment he has shown so far in containing it. #longlivenaija
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by BabaOlowo: 10:03am On Jul 23, 2012
Dont be deceived, thieves go impeach thief? Another trick to steal money Big Time.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Ryabcool(m): 10:03am On Jul 23, 2012
ifihearam:

Shut up there ode
Na Gej invent boko haram

You sef shut up! Agon oshi! So? Him no invent am, but he no fit stop am? Ewu common get out of my face if u no get better thing to talk!
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by basher(m): 10:05am On Jul 23, 2012
Ryabcool: STFU! We didn't have boko haram causing this mayhem in OBJ's tenure, did we?

No we didn't, but we had cultists and warlords causing mayhem in rivers, bayelsa and delta states, to name a few. Hundreds perished.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by basher(m): 10:07am On Jul 23, 2012
Ryabcool:
You sef shut up! Agon oshi! So? Him no invent am, but he no fit stop am? Ewu common get out of my face if u no get better thing to talk!

Just like obj stopped the boys in the creeks eh?
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 23, 2012
ypzilanti: HOW WE ENDED UP WITH A RETARDEEN PRESIDENT, AND WHY PDP'S PRESIDENTS WILL ALWAYS BE DUMBER THAN THE LAST ONE.

Corrupt and deprived of his third term agenda, OBJ seeks a weak president that will not probe him and may die in power due to health issues.

He nominates Y'ardua and gives him a weaker vice president GEJ to succeed him if his health issues play out.

GEJ assumes power upon his superior's demise, and seeks a dullard who will not challenge his authority. Sambo is nominated.

So Sambo, is duller than GEJ, GEJ is duller than Y'ardua, Y'Ardua is duller than OBJ.

Mathematically:

Sambo < GEJ < Y'Ardua < Obasanjo.

On Point...
I am sooo shymexxing this...
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Pakavy(m): 10:15am On Jul 23, 2012
van bonattel: CANT LIKE JONATHAN BUT IF THEY THROW HIM OUT, WHICH OTHER THIEF CAN WE TRUST AMONG ALL THE ROTTEN MANGOES OUT THERE?
must we replace a rotten mango with a mango 4rm d same stock?cant we use a different stock or infact a different species?4 how long r we gonna allow this kind of democratic monarchy 2 continue?
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Ryabcool(m): 10:16am On Jul 23, 2012
basher:

Just like obj stopped the boys in the creeks eh?
he might have not stopped them, but he damn well contained them
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by maclatunji: 10:18am On Jul 23, 2012
gboss4sure:

Thats a silly question, i know mine and he is a thief just like the others.. Which Anti corruption agencies are you talking about here are they not corrupt? if they are not corrupt where is the case of facrook? am beginning to think you are one of them... My ears pains me whenever i hear people talk of anti corruption agencies on Nigeria because am yet to see one that is not compromised.... The case of facrook was proven while he suggested otedola's company to be removed from the list of those indicted from the subsidy scam while you and i knows that otedola is not clean of the subsidy scam. If at all the house is serious they should start cleaning their own house

Anticorruption agencies are directly under the President, if they fail, he too has failed and vice versa.

As for Farouk Lawan, the House of Reps. have suspended him and are investigating the bribery scandal. Is there any other thing they can constitutionally do?

The job of investigating and charging to court of criminal suspects in Faroukgate lies squarely with the EFCC and ICPC which are under the supervision of the President.

Regarding your House of Reps. Member, what proof do you have that he is a "thief " and not just being overpaid?
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by goksonjay(m): 10:22am On Jul 23, 2012
He who lives in glass house throw no stone. Senators and other lawmakers(Not all of them anyway)should be stoned. they are all thieves that have wrecked the ship of this nation...
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Ryabcool(m): 10:22am On Jul 23, 2012
basher:

No we didn't, but we had cultists and warlords causing mayhem in rivers, bayelsa and delta states, to name a few. Hundreds perished.
first of all, thank you for replying maturedly. Now back to the topic, i admit they did. But did anyone of those cultists dare raise their hands up in pursuit of national dominance? Plus the militants i recollect caused mayhem because they were senselessly but ultimately fighting for the ecological damage done to thier lands which had a vantage of getting sympathy. Can you please tell me why boko haram shouldn't be entirely demolished? Can you please tell me why a sitting president of a country should tell the entire country to get used to terrorist attacks because it is everywhere?
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 23, 2012
Toy with GEJ, Toy with N'Delta and her Petroleum resources. I am biased and religious when it comes to GEJ, blood is thicker than water.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Demdem(m): 10:31am On Jul 23, 2012
dr stone:

/\ /\ /\ /\

Are you Ok!?

u nuts ??
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by DaBozz(m): 10:37am On Jul 23, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
“I can tell you that this
government is a responsible
one and it has done its best
to implement the budget.
When Nigerians see the
budget report card, they will
be shocked that the House
was just crying wolf.”
u r a fool! Govt dt impose tax on its citizenry in d name of fuel subsidy and has turned a blind eye to corruption and insecurity...I CRY 4 9JA
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Ozonna(m): 10:38am On Jul 23, 2012
GEJ will escape by bribing some members and increasing the allocation of state govs (Godfathers of most HOR members)which ofcourse is corruption and the scarce money will be used to settle dem. SIMPLE!!!

Let's assume that the impeachment works and Sambo or David Mark is made our leader, do you think MEND will fold their hands. Let's not forget that Tompolo is now CSO of our waterways and GEJ gave him over $100m for d new job. MEND will cripple our oil industry and may even extend thheir bombing campaign to Innocent pple. Infact,MEND may make Bokites look like amateurs.

Now imagine how Nigeria will be with Boko haram/fulani nomads operating in the nNorth and MEND in the south. It'll overstretch our military. @ the ennd of the day Nigeria may cease to exist after few months of war. Infact,we're playing into the hands of those dat want Nigeria to split. The problem is that there'll be bloodshed.

I'm ready to bet with anybody that GEJ has something in mind by giving a warlord contract to secure our waters and sincerely I don't blame GEJ.

The onnly way to remove GEJ is if God takes his life. Until den, let him stay till 2015 and if he doesn't perform, we'll vote for anoda person.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Ozonna(m): 10:42am On Jul 23, 2012
GEJ will escape by bribing some members and increasing the allocation of state govs (Godfathers of most HOR members)which ofcourse is corruption and the scarce money will be used to settle dem. SIMPLE!!!

Let's assume that the impeachment works and Sambo or David Mark is made our leader, do you think MEND will fold their hands. Let's not forget that Tompolo is now CSO of our waterways and GEJ gave him over $100m for d new job. MEND will cripple our oil industry and may even extend thheir bombing campaign to Innocent pple. Infact,MEND may make Bokites look like amateurs.

Now imagine how Nigeria will be with Boko haram/fulani nomads operating in the nNorth and MEND in the south. It'll overstretch our military. @ the ennd of the day Nigeria may cease to exist after few months of war. Infact,we're playing into the hands of those dat want Nigeria to split. The problem is that there'll be bloodshed.

I'm ready to bet with anybody that GEJ has something in mind by giving a warlord contract to secure our waters and sincerely I don't blame GEJ.

The onnly way to remove GEJ is if God takes his life. Until den, let him stay till 2015 and if he doesn't perform, we'll vote for anoda person.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Ozonna(m): 10:42am On Jul 23, 2012

Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 23, 2012
Anybody who takes these National Assembly folks as having genuine interest in Nigeria and Nigerians should have his head examined.

Any day any time, any where, I thrust the present executive more than the present National Assembly.

Please, does someone know where Faruk Lawan is? He should head the impeachment committee.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Appreciating The Administrations Of Obasanjo, Yar'adua, Jonathan, And Buhari / Osun People’s Mandate Beheaded By Judicial Magic – Shehu Sani Reacts / If He Is Not Using Religion, It Is Tribe - Adeyanju Mocks Obi's "Strategy"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.