Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,693 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens (21380 Views)

Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" / Impeachment Plot Against Governor Aliyu Stopped / Tension In EKITI As Impeachment Crisis Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by AngelofValor: 10:49am On Jul 23, 2012
According to Section 143 (1): The President or Vice-President may be removed from office in accordance with the provision of this section.

(2): Whenever a notice of any allegation in writing signed by not less one-third of the members of the National Assembly:

(a) is presented to the President of the Senate;

(b) stating that the holder of the office of President or Vice-President is guilty of gross misconduct in the performance of the functions of his office, detailed particulars of which shall be specified.

I sincerely thought the bolded above was supposed to be "not less than two-third of the members". This guyz interpret this constitution to suit their greed always. Well sha, Jona-man just no shake, na only impeachment threat. Our law breakers are toothless bulldogs. Just throw them "GHANA-MUST-GO BAGS FILLED WITH BONES (U KNOW WHAT I MEAN?)" and watch them leave u and tear away at eachother, simple. Just no give urself sleepless nights.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by maclatunji: 10:49am On Jul 23, 2012
noblezone: Anybody who takes these National Assembly folks as having genuine interest in Nigeria and Nigerians should have his head examined.

Any day any time, any where, I thrust the present executive more than the present National Assembly.

Please, does someone know where Faruk Lawan is? He should head the impeachment committee.

Of course, you "thrust" the present executive. By the way, do you know what suspension means vis-a-vis Farouk?
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by maclatunji: 10:52am On Jul 23, 2012
Ozonna: GEJ will escape by bribing some members and increasing the allocation of state govs (Godfathers of most HOR members)which ofcourse is corruption and the scarce money will be used to settle dem. SIMPLE!!!

Let's assume that the impeachment works and Sambo or David Mark is made our leader, do you think MEND will fold their hands. Let's not forget that Tompolo is now CSO of our waterways and GEJ gave him over $100m for d new job. MEND will cripple our oil industry and may even extend thheir bombing campaign to Innocent pple. Infact,MEND may make Bokites look like amateurs.

Now imagine how Nigeria will be with Boko haram/fulani nomads operating in the nNorth and MEND in the south. It'll overstretch our military. @ the ennd of the day Nigeria may cease to exist after few months of war. Infact,we're playing into the hands of those dat want Nigeria to split. The problem is that there'll be bloodshed.

I'm ready to bet with anybody that GEJ has something in mind by giving a warlord contract to secure our waters and sincerely I don't blame GEJ.

The onnly way to remove GEJ is if God takes his life. Until den, let him stay till 2015 and if he doesn't perform, we'll vote for anoda person.

Have you heard of "sting operation"? The rules of the game are rapidly changing.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Ozonna(m): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2012
GEJ will escape by bribing some members and increasing the allocation of state govs (Godfathers of most HOR members)which ofcourse is corruption and the scarce money will be used to settle dem. SIMPLE!!!

Let's assume that the impeachment works and Sambo or David Mark is made our leader, do you think MEND will fold their hands. Let's not forget that Tompolo is now CSO of our waterways and GEJ gave him over $100m for d new job. MEND will cripple our oil industry and may even extend thheir bombing campaign to Innocent pple. Infact,MEND may make Bokites look like amateurs.

Now imagine how Nigeria will be with Boko haram/fulani nomads operating in the nNorth and MEND in the south. It'll overstretch our military. @ the ennd of the day Nigeria may cease to exist after few months of war. Infact,we're playing into the hands of those dat want Nigeria to split. The problem is that there'll be bloodshed.

I'm ready to bet with anybody that GEJ has something in mind by giving a warlord contract to secure our waters and sincerely I don't blame GEJ.

The onnly way to remove GEJ is if God takes his life. Until den, let him stay till 2015 and if he doesn't perform, we'll vote for anoda person.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Ryabcool(m): 10:56am On Jul 23, 2012
Billyonaire: Toy with GEJ, Toy with N'Delta and her Petroleum resources. I am biased and religious when it comes to GEJ, blood is thicker than water.
can u see? Despite all your seemingly objective posts, you just showed you are no different from those tribalistic bigots on nairaland. You should be ashamed of yourself
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by AngelofValor: 10:59am On Jul 23, 2012
Brand_new: I believe he`s eventually gonna get kicked out. I may be wrong but i smell trouble.

If he gets kicked out, no prob. But i strongly, no, very strongly doubt it. No be Naija we dey? Just incase he's kicked out, let them replace him with a southerner, not a northerner. We don tire for these UNPRODUCTIVE NORTHERN RULE.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Ozonna(m): 11:01am On Jul 23, 2012
Network's playing tricks on me.sorry
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by AngelofValor: 11:02am On Jul 23, 2012
BEAF and BILLYONAIRE, pls o, come help una Oga o, dem wan sack am o. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by AngelofValor: 11:13am On Jul 23, 2012
Billyonaire: Toy with GEJ, Toy with N'Delta and her Petroleum resources. I am biased and religious when it comes to GEJ, blood is thicker than water.

Hope u'll take this threat all the way to the occupants of Abuja National Assembly, cos na there e go make sense pass. grin grin grin
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by gidjah(m): 11:19am On Jul 23, 2012
weda money changa hands or power change hands, abeg let d right tin be done, let us enloy naija for once abeg jare!we t tired of weakness n lies
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 23, 2012
So d fact dat ds thieves are looting our money is nt enough 4 dm,dey stil want 2 entice us wit nonsc jst 2 gain popularity and mk dmslves relevant_I DNT BLAME DEM,I BLAME US 4 LEAVIN DEM DIA 4 SO LONG
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by usmanyaro17: 11:22am On Jul 23, 2012
Like OBJ said during his time,it's a joke carried too far,who is more impeacheable?is it the President who is trying to fix things or the Dishonourable house if reps members who are neck deep in corruption,they are not even one iota of shame,who are they trying to deceive?they have nothing to show except corruption.Let earlier they wake up from slumber they better oh,they have a serious credibility problem themselves.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by mrperfect(m): 11:23am On Jul 23, 2012
Well, let see how it goes.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 23, 2012
AngelofValor:

Hope u'll take this threat all the way to the occupants of Abuja National Assembly, cos na there e go make sense pass. grin grin grin
I did that on their twitter pages. Its the least I can do. N'Delta Petroleum resources has been "enjoyed" by different Hausa and Yoruba Presidents. Why is all these heat coming up as soon as N'Delta pikin enter Aso Rock, which one be "impeachment move" against non-implementation of 100% of the budget when we are in July. Year 2012 never finish naw. This is War against the Niger Delta, the bread winner of Nigeria.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by jmaine: 11:32am On Jul 23, 2012
Billyonaire: This is War against the Niger Delta, the bread winner of Nigeria.

LOL
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Okijajuju1(m): 11:35am On Jul 23, 2012
Billyonaire: I did that on their twitter pages. Its the least I can do. N'Delta Petroleum resources has been "enjoyed" by different Hausa and Yoruba Presidents. Why is all these heat coming up as soon as N'Delta pikin enter Aso Rock, which one be "impeachment move" against non-implementation of 100% of the budget when we are in July. Year 2012 never finish naw. This is War against the Niger Delta, the bread winner of Nigeria.

I actually agree with the bolded.. and by extension the entire South..

Sadly thoogh, all they can do is try, but ask for failing, thats a sure guarantee..
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by AngelofValor: 11:53am On Jul 23, 2012
Billyonaire: I did that on their twitter pages. Its the least I can do. N'Delta Petroleum resources has been "enjoyed" by different Hausa and Yoruba Presidents. Why is all these heat coming up as soon as N'Delta pikin enter Aso Rock, which one be "impeachment move" against non-implementation of 100% of the budget when we are in July. [/b]Year 2012 never finish naw. This is War against the Niger Delta, the bread winner of Nigeria.

[b]UR HEAD E DEY THERE. So u dey see wetin i dey see too. July never end and they are in a HASTE to steal money already. These guyz are JOKERS. Tell GEJ not to shake.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by chucky234(m): 12:08pm On Jul 23, 2012
Impeach who? Retardeen will certainly not allow that to happen with his N1bn food allowance at stake,senators and reps will be rewarded with subsidy money. Retardeen is in control,that guy don't look to me like who will fall easily.
Ghana must go bags will go round,at least Sanusi still have the secret account designated with Wesfargo intact.
Come to think of it,is those senators/reps any better than GEJ? Guess same evil blood flows in their veins, Naija case if hopeless.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by SkyBlue1: 12:09pm On Jul 23, 2012
AngelofValor:

UR HEAD E DEY THERE. So u dey see wetin i dey see too. July never end and they are in a HASTE to steal money already. These guyz are JOKERS. Tell GEJ not to shake.

Good point stating the obvious, yes elements of the national assembly are indeed very corrupt.

But when you look at Friday night you can begin to guess what Saturday will be like. With the people on his side this cannot even be a serious discussion to even be considering, talkless of happening. If Jonathan wants the support of the people then he needs to start delivering. Period.

As far as I can see both executive and legislators are complicit and not performing, and I don't see why any sane person will waste their saliva or effort in protecting or fighting for any of them. Nowadays I look to state governors to get my 'hope fix' about the Nigeria of a country, not the federal government.
Because beyond words and the right sounding promises, Jonathan is yet to show how he is truly different from the rubbish we have had before. He is yet to show he is ready to fight corruption.

Fuel subsidy prosecution, report, improvement implementation, investigation, farouk. We have not forgotten.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:14pm On Jul 23, 2012
basher:

If I hear one more person use that archaic word RETARDEEN again, I'll puke all over NL! Jeez, is that even a word? Please come up with something else and stop following the bandwagon Naija style.

Same goes for CLUELESS, and I don't care if it is a real word angry

DUMBINHO, this is not an Enlish Word but BRAZILIAN (Ronaldhino)
grin
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Dpeacemaker101: 12:15pm On Jul 23, 2012
Now we know where they are coming from, the speaker want to run for 2015 and he wants to impeach GEJ before then. No wonder Tunde Bakare is seeing visions, or rather having dreams. Well, it is alright to set high hopes but it is wrong when you use your dreams to work against people wrongly, even when it is still a dream. Trying to impeach the president,when you are not even clean is not the right way to go about this my friend( Mr. Speaker) . The budget not being implemented before now, is still because of these same people (members of the national assembly)crying for impeachment, cos they can't wait to embezzle funds that have already included in their constituency projects, and the federal government is trying to sort these issues out before full implementation to avoid funds going to wrong hands for their personal consumption. No wonder all the delay, our senators and Rep.Members should be truthful to us and tell us the main reason for the impeachment plan.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 23, 2012
ifihearam: All this na "wash" according to eldee. They cannot do anything more than a dead rat,they are all concerned of what they can grab and yes tambuwal was invited by the president 2days ago. Our legislooters are all shameless and toothless bulldogs,when the time comes let's us see who will be bold enough to vote against the president.
But wait ooo are they threatening to impeach both the president and vice??if you think GEJ is dull and slow then wait till you hear sambo speak,dat guy is duller than some of you here ooo
RODFLMAO
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Audukaya: 12:22pm On Jul 23, 2012
I dnt knw y poltcns are uder scoring our intellect,as if we are also fools.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Olanlere11: 12:23pm On Jul 23, 2012
All these shocking revelations have corrupted the move. It is glaring now that becos the budget encapsulate their jumbo contituency project allowance, that is why they are pushing for complete implementation. What a selfish move. Also, If the claim that Tambuwal is warming up for Presidential election come 2015 is true, then using insecurity as an excuse will only expose him as a supporter of this crisis. Rep members must rise above board, realizing that they are being used to realize a hidden agenda. These greedy people sef
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by SkyBlue1: 12:26pm On Jul 23, 2012
Audukaya: I dnt knw y poltcns are uder scoring our intellect,as if we are also fools.

Hey. Its fifty years later and we are still dealing with light or no light. You sure you are overscoring us . . . ?
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 23, 2012
Yada yada yada...Mr GEJ is everly clueless!
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 23, 2012
All this are film-trick which cannot happen
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Bukkyade: 12:32pm On Jul 23, 2012
See what greed can cause, these people should rest now.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Bukkyade: 12:33pm On Jul 23, 2012
These people want our president to play ball with them, we know all these things now. GEJ can not be impeached by rogues and lunactics called national assembly member, they should sort themselves out before talking about impeachment joor.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by touchmehard: 12:34pm On Jul 23, 2012
Empty vessels that make the loudedst noise. Has Femi Gbajabiamila paid back the $25,000 he defrauded from his client in Georgia U.S.A. in 2003? After being banned from practising law in d United States he ran to Nigeria to contest for elections with the ill-gotten money. You have just exposed yourself Femi Gbaja!
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Dollarman101: 1:00pm On Jul 23, 2012
See this mumu dishonourable members ooo, they should stop deceiving themselves thinking they are deceiving us. Because, by now Nigerians know who is working and not. They jus think they can continue deceiving us. Some members have been there for over 8yrs and can't account for any reasonable effect they have impacted in their constituency and senatorial zones. They only share rice and onions to widows whenever it is Christmas,and they feel is development. Infact they should all go to hell for all I care. GEJ is still our president.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by lineviews: 1:13pm On Jul 23, 2012
Impeachment! Impeachment!! Impeachment!!! this is long overdue, we are only delaying the unavoidable by keeping Jonathan further on the seat.

The Country is in turmoil and you can imagine the extent of our sacrifices over the few years he has resumed office. This is not what we need. Imagine a nation where disintegration of our Republic seems to be a solution to our problems, we should all be reminded that we have been lasted this long because few of our leaders back then chose true leadership, discipline and nationhood other than Monies that now runs the vein of our leaders.

The leaders now chose each other, to satisfy their personal gains as it is with the case of the CJN, Petroleum Minister, SEC boss and others that have been ruining the trust of our hope in Jonathan as our Saviour

I trust as i also hope that the representatives will imbibe the culture of true federalism and embrace the principle of doing the right thing at the right time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NBC/AIT: Court Asks Parties To Maintain Status Quo / Soludo: My Government Will Empower One Million Youths Annually / Appreciating The Administrations Of Obasanjo, Yar'adua, Jonathan, And Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.