Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens (21383 Views)

Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" / Impeachment Plot Against Governor Aliyu Stopped / Tension In EKITI As Impeachment Crisis Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 23, 2012
I see Nigerians Break UP. Why didn't they impeach OBJ during the era he nearly sold Nigeria and made corruption KING
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 23, 2012
Let them come out straight, they are probably getting broke, no more millions to steal, and they need him to bribe them till the millions starts rolling in again.... #Shikana undecided
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by doctokwus: 8:30am On Jul 23, 2012
Sky Blue: My main reservation to this is that I don't believe the major callers for impeachment are working for the interest of Nigerians. But am I going to make noise about it and actually physically do something in terms of starting group action or whatever else might come to mind? Well, we were told by the AGF (Mohammed Adoke) that prosecution proceedings on oil subsidy scammers were going to start 'next week'. That was two weeks ago. So what am I going to be fighting to protect in this administration?

It is more difficult to just impeach a good leader. Jonathan has been given till 30th of September to dance to the tune (probably a fradulent one) of some elements of the house and perhaps senate. Do they have the numbers to start such a process? Not sure. But he has till that time to show Nigerians why they should take his side in this battle by actually starting to deliver results and not just promises. If not? Good luck to him. He can fight his own battles.
GEJ & his wife are so deep in mud,so early in his tenure,dat he just cannot av d honest,determined or rejuvenative spirit to see dem both out of it;everything about his regime is muddy& he is way out of depth in dis presidential task.But of course,d house may be acting out of selfish motives,just hope dat in dat selfishness,good can come out bc dis country is heading way into d abyss.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by jpphilips(m): 8:31am On Jul 23, 2012
timmy1999: Make dey remove..we never gain anytin for his tenure..more nigeria jet out of d country,GEJ and his family keep spending our money as dey like..it seem pastor tunde pro
phecy will come to past

whatever the motives of the law breakers are, it will not be less noble to having an incompetent presido commander in thief
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by basher(m): 8:31am On Jul 23, 2012
Demdem:

I dont like Sambo either. he is most likely dumb also like his master the Retardeen however no one can tell yet until he is tried. What is known, tried and certain is the incompetent Retardeen that needs to be speedily booted out of power. His cluelessness is turning to something else by the day

If I hear one more person use that archaic word RETARDEEN again, I'll puke all over NL! Jeez, is that even a word? Please come up with something else and stop following the bandwagon Naija style.

Same goes for CLUELESS, and I don't care if it is a real word angry
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 23, 2012
[size=14pt]A presidential aide alleged that the House is angry because the executive rejected its demand for the execution of what was described as some “bogus” constituency projects[/size].

@ Bolded, thats it..... Has this Rep guys ever represented us before? Crazy fool na too plot and impeach GEJ una go do fast. More money to share. When you fight corruption it fights back with full force i dey wait and watch.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by niyiduke01(m): 8:32am On Jul 23, 2012
Good Morning fellow Nigerians...Although i dont have iota of believe in the legislators fight for masses but GEJ need some people once in a while to yank his chain in order to bark...Well i believed that in the next few weeks Nigerians will witness rapid implementation of the budget,e.g new minimum wages for the workers and security agencies,prosecution of a lot of corrupted lawmakers etc...like i said in my earlier post this is the clarion call with the help from God cos when the legislators plays dirty,the presidency will do likewise i.e law of dominoes,then they will all wash their dirty linens in public for the world to see how deceptive,selfish and wicked they are..God Bless Nigeria..I rest my case for now.....
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 23, 2012
Ijogz K: Let them come out straight, they are probably getting broke, no more millions to steal, and they need him to bribe them till the millions starts rolling in again.... #Shikana undecided

U dey mind them
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by paparazzo: 8:33am On Jul 23, 2012
van bonattel: SOME "BOGUS CONSTITUENCY PROJECT MONEY"

THATS THE REAL ISH, DONT YOU GO ABOUT THINKING THE LAW BREAKERS ARE DOING YOU ANY FAVOUR BY CHARGING AT THE PRESIDO

Its like u saw whats in my mind.......IMHO its not for the benefit of Nigerians.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Demdem(m): 8:33am On Jul 23, 2012
basher:

If I hear one more person use that archaic word RETARDEEN again, I'll puke all over NL! Jeez, is that even a word? Please come up with something else and stop following the bandwagon Naija style.

Since its not even an accepted word then why are u bothered? u ok?
abegii, face topic and mind ur business

1 Like

Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by ypzilanti: 8:33am On Jul 23, 2012
Hahahahahahaha

You guys want to impeach GEJ so we can have Sambo as president?

Let me tell you how PDP politics works.

When GEJ became substantial president and was asked to pick his vice president from among the governors, his first question was:

'who is the dumbest and most unambitous among the PDP governors? The one that will not give me wahala'

As clueless as he is, I will take GEJ over Sambo any day.

1 Like

Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by grafikii: 8:34am On Jul 23, 2012
Is the president not responsible your list, what the hell are u saying
delord's:
They won't react on issues affecting the common man (BOKO HARAM, POVERTY, UNEMPLOYMENT, ELECTRICITY....) but they are ready to die or impeach the president when any policy affect their pockets. Please tell these THIEVES to reduce the grammar "POOR IMPLEMENTATION" to what Nigerians will understand. They will always use superficial grammar to cover up their motives always pregnant with criminal tendencies.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Jettage: 8:35am On Jul 23, 2012
Dame Patient Jonathan has secured her future, even if GEJ becomes Jobless, after-all she will return to Bayelsa with an "arrangee" Job I don't Trust these Lawbreakers, Can they ever act? They shout a lot like tootless bull-dogs, They know about the National disaffection for Jonathan. they are working on our psyche and for their pockets we all know that. see their wives as they rule on this link

http://www.akinbami..com/2012/07/why-are-these-more-powerful-than-nation.html
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by architectsizzle(m): 8:36am On Jul 23, 2012
nigeria needs what has happen in Egypt, Tunisia, Libya and other northern african countrie. We need to form a rebel that can force this killers and armrobbers out. We need anti- azzad rebel here in naija. Rather than people dieing because of tanker explosion or church bombings, they and me can die to eradicate past and corrupt leaders in this country! If u are afraid to die! U will eventually die by road, bomb blast or plane crash! So join the crusade and let nigeria change for the better. [quote][/quote]
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Willy7(m): 8:37am On Jul 23, 2012
Hey,we've seen this movie before,play another movie.House of rogues and robbers
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Willy7(m): 8:37am On Jul 23, 2012
Hey,we've seen this movie before,change the movie.House of rogues and robbers
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by DICKtator: 8:40am On Jul 23, 2012
I don't hope for GEJ impeachment because it automatically places Sambo as the President and if Sambo gets impeached, then we would have sum1 lyk David Mark cry as president(?).
It is best GEJ finishes his term and gets swept away from power by Progressives.
A wholistic change is what the Nigerian peoplw want!!

1 Like

Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Ryabcool(m): 8:44am On Jul 23, 2012
gboss4sure: I see Nigerians Break UP. Why didn't they impeach OBJ during the era he nearly sold Nigeria and made corruption KING
STFU! We didn't have boko haram causing this mayhem in OBJ's tenure, did we?
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by killuminati(m): 8:45am On Jul 23, 2012
Infact make dem impeach the mumu president, his yaw-yaw vice, the thieving senates, the legislootors. Infact mek army just take over cos we do tire for this kind demo-crazy
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 23, 2012
I don't think the impeachment threat can ever materialise; it is merely aimed at ruffling the president's feathers and blackmailing him into dancing to the wishes of the House. The ramifications of a president's impeachment in Nigeria's fragile ethno-centric politics are too great. Let's just see this impeachment threat as a piece of momentary comic relief to distract us from the more serious issues of insecurity and economic collapse.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by amyg(f): 8:46am On Jul 23, 2012
All of you yabbing Mr.president will do worse wen they get dr.
Politics is said 2 b a dirty game so show me d saint in dat power corridor.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Afrocatalyst: 8:46am On Jul 23, 2012
Grassroot uprooting of most of our coveted misdemeanoric law creaters/killers is most earnestly desired over the vast and incumbently most gigantic fool in motherland, AFRICA. Just my own opinion pls.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by cutievik: 8:47am On Jul 23, 2012
Wait guys,so many messages in my brians inbox...infact i tink it's full so b/4 i delete dem let me share.Do u guys remeber vividly last mnth in Akwa ibom,wen d joint NASS nd the executive help a joint summit?,they all laughed,shared jokes nd discussed at length,so y d sudden change of hart?worst of all i keep hearin 4rm our finance minister dat our economy is growing everyday(True)bt hw many Nigeria's hv felt d impact?,den imagine if it weren't growin hw wud we hv bin?maybe d tym we spent here on NL wud hv bin spent on d streets hawkin pure water or gala jst 2 make end's meet.jst can't tel were dis country is sailing 2,prosperous future or Doom?
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by kokoA(m): 8:48am On Jul 23, 2012
In my own opinion, I think GEJ brought this upon himself. The executive have taken the lagislator for granted for a while now, turning them to ordinary 'spectators' in issues of National importance. First GEJ's govmt discribed the resolution passed by the house during the fuel subsidy saga as just an "expression of their opinion" and that there was "no going back". Secondly, the senate comittees on privatization and pensions carried out a brobe and resolutions were made, only for GEJ's government to throw their efforts into the 'dustbin'. Thirdly, the senate accused the FG of refusing to sign most of the bills it has passed, trust Abati, he came out and accused them of passing bills seeking to create more agencies. Also, the 'otteh saga' did not go down well with the lagislators.. Inasmuch as GEJ wants to be seen as a 'tough guy' he has to careful not to undermine the other arms of government considering the fact that he is not really on the good side of the people, he might not get the sympathy he needs. My common man advice to GEJ is "You don't show that you are a tough guy by closing your ears to the peoples' opinion, you earn you tough guyness by being upright and accountable, Fashola is a good example". Meanwhile, the legislators should caution him rather than threaten.

1 Like

Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 23, 2012
Godspeed! angry
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 23, 2012
Ryabcool: STFU! We didn't have boko haram causing this mayhem in OBJ's tenure, did we?

Boko Haram right? What is boko haram and what are they fighting for? The north should be responsible for boko haram and not GEJ because they don't want it to stop, Ask me why and i will tell you.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by maclatunji: 8:50am On Jul 23, 2012
Nigerians are a very funny set of people. You have a government that's driving the country on the verge of bankruptcy and all you can think of when the National Assembly which is charged with the duty of calling the Executive to order starts to exert its power in this regard is to call them names.

It seems you are in love with suffering, carry on if you will, GEJ is more than capable of leading you to the abysmal destination that you desire so much.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Cyberconnect12: 8:52am On Jul 23, 2012
tpia@:

i doubt anyone is f.ooled.

na only God fit intervene in nigeria matter.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 23, 2012
I hope they keep up the pressure on GEJ to implement the budget- should be what law makers should be doing. If they had done same to Obj during his 8 useless years in power, we would have been celebrating steady electricity now.

I see this as positive pressure, though my gut feeling tells me this might just be a move to arm twist the executive to settle them.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by holluwai(m): 8:52am On Jul 23, 2012
I grew up to watch the budjet read by the president shortly after new years but for heaven its past mid year and the presido's only business is flying around a bird. They better kick his smelly butt outta office.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Vigilante: 8:52am On Jul 23, 2012
basher:

E be like say those words de pain you pass GEJ. Nothing is fair in war.
Re: More Trouble For GEJ As Impeachment Plot Thickens by Mandelaguy(m): 8:54am On Jul 23, 2012
Nigerians should not be easily swayed or carried away. What have these law makers contributed to the country,their states and constituencies if I may ask? Their selfish moves over time has been witnessed by all and sundry,nd the bogus nature of their projects that yield or add no values are there for all to see. I advice we don't get deceived by people that are very corrupt and care only about their pockets.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Yet To Pick Buhari’s Running Mate / Obasanjo Lands In Minna To Join Osinbajo For Investment Summit(pics) / Buhari Rejects PIGB, Says It Whittles Down His Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.