Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

How Can I Overcome Shyness - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Overcome Shyness (4427 Views)

How Can I Overcome Shyness Around Girls??? / Vertedness / My Manhood Wouldn't Let Me Approach Woman, How Can I Overcome It, I Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Overcome Shyness by gst101: 2:46pm On Jul 23, 2012
i am a very shy person. I am ok with so many ladies but those are the ones i feel nothing for except the love i have for every other person. When i see a pretty lady, my heart melts immediately. What i feel is so huge that my ego is crushed under its weight. When i pull myself together and say 'hello' i wouldnt be able to carry on becos i immediately become empty of words. I become like a fool. The last experience was the most embarrasing of all. I hate it so much! I wish i had other peoples heart. I see myself loosing out on beautiful experiences all becos of this 'shy' thaing. I hate my character! Some one pls help.
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Sijo01(f): 2:50pm On Jul 23, 2012
Hmmmmm, mi dont fink this is shyness o, but loss of self confidence.

How old are you, if you dont mind?
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by achi4u(m): 3:01pm On Jul 23, 2012
go buy helmet so you can hide in it and talk to them.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by kpolli(m): 3:12pm On Jul 23, 2012
gst101: i am a very shy person. I am ok with so many ladies but those are the ones i feel nothing for except the love i have for every other person. When i see a pretty lady, my heart melts immediately. What i feel is so huge that my ego is crushed under its weight. When i pull myself together and say 'hello' i wouldnt be able to carry on becos i immediately become empty of words. I become like a fool. The last experience was the most embarrasing of all. I hate it so much! I wish i had other peoples heart. I see myself loosing out on beautiful experiences all becos of this 'shy' thaing. I hate my character! Some one pls help.

Always have a pack of ori malu in ur pocket wink . . .

1 Like

Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 23, 2012
it can NEVER be overcome unless God decides to change you. I know frm experience cos me i dont think i will ever stop being shy so just know that we both have zero hope

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by gst101: 5:09pm On Jul 23, 2012
jacobscros: it can NEVER be overcome unless God decides to change you. I know frm experience cos me i dont think i will ever stop being shy so just know that we both have zero hope
may be it will never change. But is there a way i can move on despite the 'shy' thaing?
I know i can be the best lover to any lady i fall completely for. This is becos what i feel, is the guarantee that i will be empathetic

that i will show fairness in judgement of issues regarding us

that i will be instinctively and automatically romantic down to the earth

that i will be so ready to give without expecting anything in return not even sex

that even if i argue with her, its going to be with love glowing in my eyes.
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 23, 2012
gst101: may be it will never change. But is there a way i can move on despite the 'shy' thaing?
I know i can be the best lover to any lady i fall completely for. This is becos what i feel, is the guarantee that i will be empathetic

that i will be so ready to give without expecting anything in return not even sex

goodluck in finding a lady that won't mistake ur kindness for weakness. its how evolution has programmed them 4 the sake of survival of the species. Me i have given up hope because i want a hot babe and unfortunately 99.9999% of hot babes are just plain strange.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 23, 2012
gst101: may be it will never change. But is there a way i can move on despite the 'shy' thaing?

@OP, you can maintain these properties and STILL be confident in yourself enough to speak to another human being...because that's all she is. She poops like you, has dragon-breath in the morning, and her farts probably stink worse than yours. cheesy
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 23, 2012
Shyness is a strength, not a weakness, sum pple interpret it as temprament ; shyness helps u to analze better, u r more knowlegeble, and thus makin u more intelligent. There is always that moment of glory, believe me , d ladies re dying for u to talk to them, n some might even think u a snob. Step up, until u start seeing shyness as a strength, u won't overcome. Trust me, cos I am shy, but married to d best model of a wife, ladies are seeking men like us. Godspeed

1 Like

Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by engrtee(f): 7:44pm On Jul 23, 2012
I was very shy b4 until an incident hapend to me.......we were driving one night around 8pm when mopol stopped us and asked us to identify our self every one did except me..,.i was shakin, just couldn't talk......he asked me 3 times but i didn't have the confidence....until he gave me a sound slap before i sudenly shouted STUDENT...
Even then, i had to bring my id card to prove it

since then, i say whats on my mind even b4 a question is asked
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Mynd44: 7:48pm On Jul 23, 2012
If you feel that way, then you should try being friends with a girl before asking her out. Like try to bump into her, akara your friends who know her to start a conversation and you come in and stuff
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by seniormallam(m): 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2012
Wen i don high finish wey 3storey building dey like take-away pack 4 my front, shy 4 where? Infact d girl self go tiny like mosquito 4 my eye, all ur good qualities wey u mention so, wen naija chic nack u heart failure u go wise up.
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by lilpervert(m): 11:33pm On Jul 23, 2012
My guy, shyness is overcome with time. So begin today to feel like nothing compares to you in this world and soon you'll become over confident sef.
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by spikesC(m): 11:44pm On Jul 23, 2012
sadeiyare: Shyness is a strength, not a weakness, sum pple interpret it as temprament ; shyness helps u to analze better, u r more knowlegeble, and thus makin u more intelligent. There is always that moment of glory, believe me , d ladies re dying for u to talk to them, n some might even think u a snob. Step up, until u start seeing shyness as a strength, u won't overcome. Trust me, cos I am shy, but married to d best model of a wife, ladies are seeking men like us. Godspeed

Gbam!!! grin
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by pleep(m): 2:01am On Jul 24, 2012
lol, for most ppl shyness goes away but if it doesn't use drugs. cheesy
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Nobody: 2:28am On Jul 24, 2012
gst101: i am a very shy person. I am ok with so many ladies but those are the ones i feel nothing for except the love i have for every other person. When i see a pretty lady, my heart melts immediately. What i feel is so huge that my ego is crushed under its weight. When i pull myself together and say 'hello' i wouldnt be able to carry on becos i immediately become empty of words. I become like a fool. The last experience was the most embarrasing of all. I hate it so much! I wish i had other peoples heart. I see myself loosing out on beautiful experiences all becos of this 'shy' thaing. I hate my character! Some one pls help.

Lmao... Pull yourself together and start practicing..

Chirpse at least two girls every week for 6months, and you'd be fine after that..
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by pleep(m): 2:33am On Jul 24, 2012
^ that might fuck him up even more. undecided
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by ektbear: 3:18am On Jul 24, 2012
Alcohol was helpful when I was younger (basically 20 and below).

But I think you'll just get better with more practice. Main thing is to not give a sh1t about rejection or an unfavorable response.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by isalegan2: 3:40am On Jul 24, 2012
engrtee: I was very shy b4 until an incident hapend to me.......we were driving one night around 8pm when mopol stopped us and asked us to identify our self every one did except me..,.i was shakin, just couldn't talk......he asked me 3 times but i didn't have the confidence....until he gave me a sound slap before i sudenly shouted STUDENT...
Even then, i had to bring my id card to prove it

since then, i say whats on my mind even b4 a question is asked

grin grin grin cheesy

shymmex:

Chirpse at least two girls every week for 6months, and you'd be fine after that..

¿Qué "Chirpse"?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Chirpse

hmmm. wink
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Enlightened1: 6:24am On Jul 24, 2012
@ OP... We're on the same page. I am such a shy person. I am 24 and have never asked a woman out before, for the fear of rejection and unfavorable response. No matter how hard I try to give myself confidence, once I meet a lady I just forget what to say, and it makes me feel so stupid. So I just stopped entirely. I try to do other things like play video games and read to take my mind off there. I've never had sex before, don't know what it feels like. But yes I do self service.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Gudintent: 6:36am On Jul 24, 2012
Enlightened1: @ OP... We're on the same page. I am such a shy person. I am 24 and have never asked a woman out before, for the fear of rejection and unfavorable response. No matter how hard I try to give myself confidence, once I meet a lady I just forget what to say, and it makes me feel so stupid. So I just stopped entirely. I try to do other things like play video games and read to take my mind off there. I've never had sex before, don't know what it feels like. But yes I do self service.

Wow! U are a late bloomer, but there is hope
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by deshclones(m): 6:44am On Jul 24, 2012
jacobscros: it can NEVER be overcome unless God decides to change you. I know frm experience cos me i dont think i will ever stop being shy so just know that we both have zero hope

Niggah STFU if you have absolutely nothing to say..

Op..what you feel is perfectly normal..so many guys including yours sincerely have passed through that phase..I suggest you make the girls your friends first b4 tell them your main intentions..and stop stopping chic on the road..they will embarass you..rather talk to chics you meet in an enclosed place like bank,eatery,bus etc..look clean and smile..hangout often and lastly..stop self servicing..it kills a man's confidence.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by usermane(m): 6:50am On Jul 24, 2012
Enlightened1: @ OP... We're on the same page. I am such a shy person. I am 24 and have never asked a woman out before, for the fear of rejection and unfavorable response. No matter how hard I try to give myself confidence, once I meet a lady I just forget what to say, and it makes me feel so stupid. So I just stopped entirely. I try to do other things like play video games and read to take my mind off there. I've never had sex before, don't know what it feels like. But yes I do self service.
Ooh, me too am a shy guy and i realise most girls are turned off by shyness. D ones that wouldn't mind shyness are 2 scarce and unidentifiable. Throughout my secondary school and now 200l in univ. i nvr had a gf or went on a date. Am lonely and confused now,i dont know what 2 do. Every1 feel am snobbish cos my shyness nvr let me talk. I must admit i enjoy being shy sometimes bt when i cant have a girlfriend cos of being shy,it bcomes pain.
I do things like browsing,watching movies,reading and mostly playing video game and listening to sad music to reduce my loneliness but evn then i still feel lonely when am less busier.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Theben(m): 7:50am On Jul 24, 2012
I wouldn't say you can completely overcome shyness, but there are ways you can possibly limit this trait of yours. Everyone has an element of shyness in him we only try the best way we could to conceal it. Try and start being active in social events, hang out with friends, go clubbing. The exposure will so much help your confidence.
Also endeavour to be friends with guys that womanize, this will give you the feeling that girls are humans like you however pretty and who knows some of these gals might bring their friends along on their visit and you could just be the one to keep her company.
Finally, please for your ego, don't attempt to approach a girl with bad countenance, even if she is Beyonce.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 24, 2012

#TeamOptimism
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by dyrocha: 8:06am On Jul 24, 2012
Theben: I wouldn't say you can completely overcome shyness, but there are ways you can possibly limit this trait of yours. Everyone has an element of shyness in him we only try the best way we could to conceal it. Try and start being active in social events, hang out with friends, go clubbing. The exposure will so much help your confidence.
Also endeavour to be friends with guys that womanize, this will give you the feeling that girls are humans like you however pretty and who knows some of these gals might bring their friends along on their visit and you could just be the one to keep her company.
Finally, please for your ego, don't attempt to approach a girl with bad countenance, even if she is Beyonce.

But I would suggest a girl wit bady countenance is d best lab rat. I also suffered d same fate and now in that testmode process with lots of womanizers as friends. Call me stupid but yes you can't know d devil's ways if you dnt wine and dine with him. Experience is d best teacher.. If you succed with an ugly looking babe, its so evident you will with a sleek chick plus d gurls you see being so porche can't bare d sight of a clean guy, dey r also shy to a fault and try to cover up with shades of different kind and most especially I'm very busy kinda word.. Brace up bro like I have and you'll get der. With weeks of practice...

1 Like

Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by gst101: 9:07am On Jul 24, 2012
we have so much in common. But for the wanking, pls curtail it! I am wining
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 24, 2012
Guys the articles on this website will change your life. Start with this one:

How School SCREWED You With Anxiety And Young Girls… And Getting Your Confidence BACK!:
http://www.seductionscience.com/2011/how-school-fked-you-with-anxiety
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 24, 2012
You should look into joining Toastmasters. They're an international club and I've heard great things about them. I'm considering joining them too. You could find one near your location, I hope. Many people are afraid of public speaking, even people who usually appear confident. Kimora Lee Simons, Beyonce and Nicole Kidman have all described themselves as being shy. I'm sure there're other people in Hollywood who are as well. I remember watching Kimora's show earlier this year when she had to speak at an event and she was literally shaking because she was afraid of going on stage and speaking to the crowd. This's a successful businesswoman, someone who has made a name for herself and who is always very outgoing on her show. She later admitted that she was terrified of public speaking and had always been, but she did go out to speak that day. She stumbled a few times, but she did it.

In 2nd yr, we had to do a group presentation for a chem class - a class of almost 200 people. I was in a group full of extroverts and to my surprise they were much more nervous than I was. These were people I hung out with once in a while and sat with a few times in class, so I knew they were more out there than I. It was a surprise to see them being fearful of the presentation as well. Some of them were even more worried than I was. When it was our turn I was hella scared, but somehow pulled myself together and ended up getting the second highest mark in my group. A lot of times it is in our heads. Sometimes you think you can't do something, you would surprise yourself if you just push yourself a bit more. Shy people can become great public speakers; we just need more practice and self-confidence. It also helps if you talk about something you're interested and well-informed in and if you shift the focus from yourself to those you're speaking to, since we internalize things a lot more than others.

Have a look at this:
http://www.ius.edu/shyness/faq/how-do-i-overcome-shyness.html

There're plenty of useful info. on the site, just browse around:
http://www.ius.edu/shyness/

Good luck.
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Enlightened1: 1:47am On Jul 25, 2012
@ yield.. Thanks for your candour, but the topic of discussion is how to overcome shyness when toasting a girl not public speaking
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Nobody: 2:02am On Jul 25, 2012
@ poster, I used to be very shy so I understand your frustration.
In time, it will get easier, but in the meantime, try to just be who you are and seek out interests and passions in your life . You are not a fool but someone whos time will come. One day,you will be a wonderful partner to someone Im sure!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Nobody: 2:07am On Jul 25, 2012
Enlightened1: @ yield.. Thanks for your candour, but the topic of discussion is how to overcome shyness when toasting a girl not public speaking

Mr., you should not be talking. YOUR reply has nothing to do with the OP. The irony.

Why does my reply bother you? I replied because I could relate to him. What I wrote and the links I provided would still be helpful to him. Whether he chooses to read and gain anything from the links is up to him. Shyness and public speaking are very related. Of course, you didn't know that, [b]UN[/b]Enlighthened1. You just wanted to run your mouth. =D

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies Will You Call Your Husband "Daddy Wa" Or "Daddy" / How To Win Your Ex Boyfriend Back From Another Woman Girl / Should You Marry Whom You Love Or Love Whom You Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.