Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,227 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Single Invitations And Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Single Invitations And Relationships (727 Views)

Domestic Violence And Relationships / Prophecy And Relationships / Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Single Invitations And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 8:27am On Jul 24, 2012
A friend of mine called me yesterday to complained that she was invited to a celebration with mutual individuals but her fiance isn't. She stated that her fiance became irate and accused her of trying to "stand alone". I told her to inquire and make a decision. Did I advised her appropriately?

My personal opinion is if a person is married...I think it is a courtesy to invite the spouse as well. However, if the person is single then it is a catch 22 and could be dicey. Any thoughts?

It is different when the person doesn't want to attend the event....however do you feel comfortable going to an event knowing your partner is unhappy with the decision? Do you think it is rude or justified?
Re: Single Invitations And Relationships by buzzedoffbeauty(f): 9:36am On Jul 24, 2012
Hi Mrs. Chima...when you stated " with mutual individuals" does that mean they know her fiance very well? I think there must be a reason they wouldn't invite him...either they don't know him like that and it's a very close friends only kind of setting or...they have a bad impression of him either through her or someone else or actions he has shown at other gatherings... Out of love for my friend I would always invite her partner, even if they're just boyfriend and girlfriend. If she acknowledges him in public then I would do the same. Depending on the situation I don't believe her friends are acting out of love when they invited her knowing that she has someone she cares dearly for. You advised her well, it's best not to give advice based on assumption in this situation...please let us know how it turns out... undecided
Re: Single Invitations And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 9:42am On Jul 24, 2012
Hello Buzzy...

It is supposed to be someone that knows her fiance but still didn't invite him. (She didn't seems unhappy that her fiance isn't invited) It is possible that he is unwelcome to attend the celebration for numerous reasons.....I think it isn't a big deal not to be invited but then again I can only speak for myself.

I will update when I find more information because I am curious on how she will handle it and how her fiance will react. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Single Invitations And Relationships by Rocktation(f): 10:33am On Jul 24, 2012
I think it is rude. Even if they're at loggerheads with each other, the hubby should have been invited all the same. It would have been left for him to decline, if he doesn't want to attend.
It is a guiding rule that someone who's married or in a relationship with the invitee, should be invited along with their partner at all times. And except the host is unaware of this guideline which must be taught to him or reminded of, supposing it is an oversight, the invitation should not be honored.

Yes, everyone does need a breather every once in a while, to stay balanced and gay in a relationship. But it is best that we reduce it to our gurls and boys night outs or when our partners don't feel up to it and declines of their own free volition.
Re: Single Invitations And Relationships by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 24, 2012
Gbam.
Re: Single Invitations And Relationships by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 02, 2012
If he isn't invited...neither am I.

Period. cool
Re: Single Invitations And Relationships by tellwisdom: 2:04am On Aug 02, 2012
Shey na everything wey happen inside ur smelly compound u go bring come here?? .........Abeg make una leave space fr better topic o angry angry
Re: Single Invitations And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 2:34am On Aug 02, 2012
tellwisdom: Shey na everything wey happen inside ur smelly compound u go bring come here?? .........Abeg make una leave space fr better topic o angry angry

May the mosquito violate you ooo
Re: Single Invitations And Relationships by Nobody: 3:39am On Aug 02, 2012
lol tellwisdUMB always talking shyt. grin

(1) (Reply)

Girls Will You Allow Your Toster To Go For Your Friend / Women: What Do You Think Men Want In A Woman? / Can I Change My Religion Because Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.