Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (103160 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by king406(m): 3:22pm On Jan 20, 2016
auhanson:

That's my nigga!! I hail you oh. You beat me to it by 2, though in a more superior sport sedan. Waoh!!!

Have a car cam coder to take record for you next time or the android speedo thing, that snapping thing, though i have done it before is too nerved. Now i uses car camcorder very cheap from konga.
will try to get that man. Which car did u use?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by akanniade10(m): 6:22pm On Jan 20, 2016
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by walsa(m): 10:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
190km/hr ogbomoso ilorin road with Toyota Camry 2003

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by tuoyoojo(m): 3:07pm On Feb 02, 2016
with the way i hear of this ilorin ogbomoso road and people 'flying' there, am tempted to drive thru there one of these days
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 1:14am On Feb 27, 2016
i just got invited to race a medium sized lexus car at the traffic light...i don't know the model off-hand sad, but i think it shud be 06 upward model. I was in a 2006 2.5ltr 5cyl jetta. it was a drag race. anyway, i won, maybe cos i was only occupant n d other car had like 3 guys init.
So i'm bragging to my friend in Ib about it, and he's looking forward to smoking me with his 03, 4 cylinder accord.
I actually sold off my accord to buy this jetta and even though d accord is nice, i feel its a shitty car compared to the jetta, though the jetta has a shittier interior and annoying electrical problems when they crop up
My question is for those who may know these 2 cars, do u think the 03 2.4ltr accord can out-run an 06 5cyl jetta??
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by king406(m): 4:09am On Feb 27, 2016
gmyguy:
i just got invited to race a medium sized lexus car at the traffic light...i don't know the model off-hand sad, but i think it shud be 06 upward model. I was in a 2006 2.5ltr 5cyl jetta. it was a drag race. anyway, i won, maybe cos i was only occupant n d other car had like 3 guys init.
So i'm bragging to my friend in Ib about it, and he's looking forward to smoking me with his 03, 4 cylinder accord.
I actually sold off my accord to buy this jetta and even though d accord is nice, i feel its a shitty car compared to the jetta, though the jetta has a shittier interior and annoying electrical problems when they crop up
My question is for those who may know these 2 cars, do u think the 03 2.4ltr accord can out-run an 06 5cyl jetta??
the only thing he will race is your taillights

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by 9icetoo(m): 7:27am On Feb 27, 2016
gmyguy:
go and check their 0_60 times. stop toyin with your life and that of others. used to do this but now know better. the only reward that awaits is pain and grief if you survive.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by peterjero(m): 11:15pm On Feb 27, 2016
9icetoo:

go and check their 0_60 times. stop toyin with your life and that of others. used to do this but now know better. the only reward that awaits is pain and grief if you survive.
The last time I checked Lewis Hamilton was a millionaire with a faster car and when I did a defensive drivers training, the instructor said you can also avoid accident by staying at home and guess what you might die of hunger, even the roughest driver do not want to die.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by 9icetoo(m): 12:46am On Feb 28, 2016
peterjero:

The last time I checked Lewis Hamilton was a millionaire with a faster car and when I did a defensive drivers training, the instructor said you can also avoid accident by staying at home and guess what you might die of hunger, even the roughest driver do not want to die.
lewis races on a track in a race car and not on the streets in an underpowered sedan. defensive driving? really?

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by peterjero(m): 4:37am On Feb 28, 2016
9icetoo:

lewis races on a track in a race car and not on the streets in an underpowered sedan. defensive driving? really?
Remember a race car accident is very severe because of the speed and yes defensive driving I had a distinction, mind you I train drivers as well.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by medaas(m): 6:22am On Feb 28, 2016
the fastest drive i ever drive is LEXUS Gs400 V8 frm Ibadan to Abuja..jst 12pm to 7:45pm
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by lomaxbien(m): 7:20am On Feb 28, 2016
gmyguy:
My question is for those who may know these 2 cars, do u think the 03 2.4lt
r accord can out-run an 06 5cyl jetta??
I think the jetta is faster,used an 06 some years back and I can tell you it's a little beast,much heavier than the accord too,its only an accord with a V6 engine that can compete with the jetta.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by lomaxbien(m): 7:21am On Feb 28, 2016
2007 Lexus IS 250 at 200kmh,LagosĀ» abeokuta.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by oxygenera8(m): 8:22am On Feb 28, 2016
Wow, see how this thread de excite me. I thot I was the only crazy person in warri when I did 185km/h with my aunts EOD around 5am after dropping her off at Agofure park. Mhen, it felt like my shoulders were going to pull of oh.
Twas so much fun sha, but ... know your car and calculate your risks well b4 going above 140km/h on any road oh, cos... Well na God hpld the life.
Thanks yall.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 28, 2016
lomaxbien:

I think the jetta is faster,used an 06 some years back and I can tell you it's a little beast,much heavier than the accord too,its only an accord with a V6 engine that can compete with the jetta.
Guessed as much. I'm now doubtful as to a higher bhp not necessarily translating to an overall better performance. That i4 accord has a higher bhp and even the Lexus, but the sports mode of d jetta smoked asun-lexus that night significantly
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by kingreign(m): 9:51am On Feb 28, 2016
gmyguy:
Guessed as much. I'm now doubtful as to a higher bhp not necessarily translating to an overall better performance. That i4 accord has a higher bhp and even the Lexus, but the sports mode of d jetta smoked asun-lexus that night significantly

Alot of things comes into consideration when we doscuss about how fast a car should go. Especially in Nigeria where the manufacturer's spec sheet is utterly defeated by the whole lot a car goes thru in the hands of some nigerian owners.

A lexus is faster than a jetta with respect to real manufacturer spec sheet.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by nas00(m): 11:21am On Feb 28, 2016
gmyguy:

Hehehe!!

Una no de get respect eh!

The stock '06 2.5L VW Jetta will be utterly smoked by the '03 2.4L Accord. This is not even a case for the V6 accord. You will be thoroughly convinced with the I4, provided both (Jetta & Accord) engines are in top shape.

Who buys my ideas? cool

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
grin undecided
kingreign:

Alot of things comes into consideration when we doscuss about how fast a car should go. Especially in Nigeria where the manufacturer's spec sheet is utterly defeated by the whole lot a car goes thru in the hands of some nigerian owners.

A lexus is faster than a jetta with respect to real manufacturer spec sheet.
i was really let down...but so good to smoke the lexus though...maybe my car has a secret military chip hidden away and 007 or Vin Diesel will soon come and retrieve this high performance chip
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by MyMouth(m): 1:16pm On Mar 01, 2016
Highest I have done is 60kph. Am still a learner!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Philadelphia: 1:29pm On Mar 01, 2016
If you run the speedo out, what would your gain be?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Sheriff19: 5:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
Higghest so far 100km/hr Ibadan to Iwo. I no fit shout I beg. I don't even trust my break. Honda accord 1999 model.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Sheriff19: 5:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
Higghest so far 100km/hr Ibadan to Iwo. I no fit shout I beg. I don't even trust my break. Honda accorf 1999
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by peterjero(m): 6:03pm On Mar 01, 2016
Philadelphia:
If you run the speedo out, what would your gain be?
Joy and happiness, just like when you receive a payrise.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Octaves(m): 3:15am On Mar 03, 2016
I never drove a car with a working speedo so i'd say about 100kmph in mercedes vboot (ph- abia state) and peugeot 505 (eliozu to rukpoku ph), Peugeot 504 about 90kmph (aba road). Nissan altima (50mph). That's all. I know i can handle 140 kmph just fine on smooth stretches but i've cautioned my self to always stay on or below 120kmph.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by emmaak2(m): 8:13am On Mar 03, 2016
OVER SPEEDING NOT GOOD
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 03, 2016
emmaak2:
OVER SPEEDING NOT GOOD

There's no such term as "over speeding".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by emmaak2(m): 3:39pm On Mar 03, 2016
Siena:

Oga siena hw cn i contact u lyk need some advice..My camry is now funny
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by akanniade10(m): 8:20pm On Mar 03, 2016
Siena:

Wrong!!!!

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/overspeeding#nav2
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 03, 2016
akanniade10:

Wrong!!!!

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/overspeeding#nav2

In the context the term was used here, it is incorrect.

Over speeding refers to a speed limit that was exceeded. In this case, no one knows what speed Emmaak2 was referring to, or the speed limit in the locality the car was being driven in.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rainmaker12(m): 11:17pm On Mar 03, 2016
emmaak2:
OVER SPEEDING NOT GOOD
It means wen u exceed ur cars speedometer. And no 1 has done dat here....so no 1 is over speeding...dey under racing. grin
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 03, 2016
rainmaker12:

It means wen u exceed ur cars speedometer. And no 1 has done dat here....so no 1 is over speeding...dey under racing. grin

Wrong definition, brother. The speedo in a road car has little to do with the engine's capabilities. The calibrations may be well beyond what the engine could achieve speed wise, or the engine may exceed the maximum digit with lots of room to spare.

Seldom is the maximum digit the exact speed the car will reach.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by king406(m): 11:54pm On Mar 03, 2016
rainmaker12:

I have.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (43) (Reply)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / A Lady Drove This Killer Machine Today And Got Everyone Talking (Pic) / Ferrari F50 Abandoned In Ibadan (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.