Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,520 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (103221 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 15, 2015
MPVGoddess:

What is the name of this app please?
Ulysse Speedometer...android free
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 15, 2015
Pls can someone explain y the honda accord perfomance was so impressive for a 4 cylinder engine...The acceleration wasn't too bad, for my shabby, pertially smoking engine...except for a few benzes...the car really shined on the highway...so am wondering how much more a V6 wud up the game?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rainmaker12(m): 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
gmyguy:
Pls can someone explain y the honda accord perfomance was so impressive for a 4 cylinder engine...The acceleration wasn't too bad, for my shabby, pertially smoking engine...except for a few benzes...the car really shined on the highway...so am wondering how much more a V6 wud up the game?
I gat a 1999 accord 4 door with i4, believe me Accord is wonderful, it moves like a v8. Hit dat pedal all the way down and watch a transformation. D engine screams "YESSSS!!!!!" and the gear immediately concur, shifts to d nxt gear with a blast from d past. To see real magic, wen cruising around 80kph, and u want to catch up with that car that just past you like ur car is too sluggish for d road, by 1am.... Most pple tink u must always push d gas pedal slowly till desired speed..NO!!! Any speed u doing weither it's a 1988 or 2015 car, just release d pedal den slam it down, if u have a gud tyranny...hehehehe....I rest my case....just make sure ur brake is OK....V6 only has better torque Dan i4 but for average speed dey r like same, pending on who's driving..... Raced with Mercedes c300 2008 from vgc to Ajah...he won with just 5 meters and age of vehicle. Don't worry about redline, factory cars will instantly change gears wen reaching d red zone, but if ur car has been tuned to alter dat restriction, u can not only pass it, but explode ur manifold or crank. I4, V6, v8 d deference is torque and quicker launch. A v8 will reach 0-60 in 5sec, V6 in 5.5sec, i4 in 6.2 sec.... that's with same car, same model, same year. Eventually same average speed.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by auhanson(m): 7:59pm On Dec 15, 2015
Omoh! you are very correct in all, another version is continues release and slamming down, assuming you are met with another stubborn nigga with a faster car. By this, you will reach and overtake and lost if you are using a manual Benz like me.
Another baddest method, which is even worse, is that you could release and slam down the pedal while kicking down at the same time to a lower gear to achieve such feats b4 proceeding to higher gear, if you are using manual like mine, or return your auto tranny to manual 3 if you are using steptronic b4 proceeding again to a higher gear. But your engine must be very strong like mine to withstand this very one.

I have a c180 Esprit with a modify throttle cable system. Omoh, I have been wondering which 6 cylinder nor 8 cylinder can stand it. I haven't really seen much different with my 8 cylinder ml500 except for torque and a little quicker acceleration which I could always manipulate my 4 cylinder to catch up with, but not without some shouting. its the fastest 4 cylinder in her category
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 15, 2015
lol...i don't like racing with mercedez, bmws or lexus "cars", cos its just a race between ppl, not machines, as the i4 obviously cannot match their performance...but i found it amusing several times...i recently serviced my injector nozzle + fuel pump!!!, when some stubborn transporter hummer bus or siena would drive roughly around me...but when the road got smooth ie...shagamu to RCCG + Ore to benin/ benin to warri....lol, I would max n they wud try to resist and i would just metaphorically beckon on them taunting them...come on!...is that all you got, as i watch em fade away in the rear view...its even sweeter weaving in between them
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 15, 2015
so tempted to buy a dash cam

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by kingreign(m): 9:45pm On Dec 15, 2015
gmyguy:
lol...i don't like racing with mercedez, bmws or lexus "cars", cos its just a race between ppl, not machines, as the i4 obviously cannot match their performance...but i found it amusing several times...i recently serviced my injector nozzle + fuel pump!!!, when some stubborn transporter hummer bus or siena would drive roughly around me...but when the road got smooth ie...shagamu to RCCG + Ore to benin/ benin to warri....lol, I would max n they wud try to resist and i would just metaphorically beckon on them taunting them...come on!...is that all you got, as i watch em fade away in the rear view...its even sweeter weaving in between them

Death wish alert.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rainmaker12(m): 12:32am On Dec 16, 2015
kingreign:

Death wish alert.
U ND dis ur death wish tin. Err1 gat to give up d ghost 1 day

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by kingreign(m): 5:36am On Dec 16, 2015
rainmaker12:

U ND dis ur death wish tin. Err1 gat to give up d ghost 1 day
Yea yea but it should be at an old age and peacefully in one's bed rather than being cut violently at ones prime/youthful age.

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by billy187(m): 9:14am On Dec 16, 2015
rainmaker12:
I gat a 1999 accord 4 door with i4, believe me Accord is wonderful, it moves like a v8. Hit dat pedal all the way down and watch a transformation. D engine screams "YESSSS!!!!!" and the gear immediately concur, shifts to d nxt gear with a blast from d past. To see real magic, wen cruising around 80kph, and u want to catch up with that car that just past you like ur car is too sluggish for d road, by 1am.... Most pple tink u must always push d gas pedal slowly till desired speed..NO!!! Any speed u doing weither it's a 1988 or 2015 car, just release d pedal den slam it down, if u have a gud tyranny...hehehehe....I rest my case....just make sure ur brake is OK....V6 only has better torque Dan i4 but for average speed dey r like same, pending on who's driving..... Raced with Mercedes c300 2008 from vgc to Ajah...he won with just 5 meters and age of vehicle. Don't worry about redline, factory cars will instantly change gears wen reaching d red zone, but if ur car has been tuned to alter dat restriction, u can not only pass it, but explode ur manifold or crank. I4, V6, v8 d deference is torque and quicker launch. A v8 will reach 0-60 in 5sec, V6 in 5.5sec, i4 in 6.2 sec.... that's with same car, same model, same year. Eventually same average speed.

As I read your post a startling realisation dawned upon me..

I have NEVER fully depressed my accelerator before- from my subaru, to my 5.7 V8 Chevy Suburban, to my Ford Focus. Never. I dunno what would even happen if I do so.

I think I'm taking life too slowly grin
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by auhanson(m): 10:21am On Dec 16, 2015
gmyguy:
so tempted to buy a dash cam

I have a goggle camera which I use to do my recordings while driving, its also very good. You just wear it like an eyeglass while catching the fun and recording at the same time.. I have several videos I have done with it both racing and some stunting, doughnut, etc, which I wouldn't like to post online in order not to spoil some little minds to go viral and lose control..

However, see one of my youtube video with it on a Saturday outing(fast forward to enjoy the actual fast street normal driving but not racing):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYVlbyWhUeI
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rainmaker12(m): 4:47pm On Dec 16, 2015
billy187:

As I read your post a startling realisation dawned upon me..

I have NEVER fully depressed my accelerator before- from my subaru, to my 5.7 V8 Chevy Suburban, to my Ford Focus. Never. I dunno what would even happen if I do so.

I think I'm taking life too slowly grin

Lol. That's d right tin. Life need to b taken slow... grin

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rainmaker12(m): 4:50pm On Dec 16, 2015
auhanson:

I have a goggle camera which I use to do my recordings while driving, its also very good. You just wear it like an eyeglass while catching the fun and recording at the same time.. I have several videos I have done with it both racing and some stunting, doughnut, etc, which I wouldn't like to post online in order not to spoil some little minds to go viral and lose control..

However, see one of my youtube video with it on a Saturday outing(fast forward to enjoy the actual fast street normal driving but not racing):
It's gone viral already, just that Nigerians aren't more concerned but such gadget. But it's cool.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rainmaker12(m): 4:53pm On Dec 16, 2015
auhanson:

A little editing may be needed.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 16, 2015
auhanson:

This is a cool contraption..how much is it...me i use glasses sha...except i buy a strap on camera
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2015
I dunno, my windcreen developed a long crack across a majority of the shield during this venture, and the engine now has a subtle buzz that wasn't audible b4, and the engine now vibrates more than usual when the AC is on....are these signs of a failing engine....the car still runs well, but has been smoking lightly on deep acceleration, actually that has been on since i got in 9ja used 2yrs ago. My mechanic says i can replace the engine....n still use my former components....cos d car actually shorts oil...it nearly dried up after getting back from warri, but the stick wasn't completely dried, just about 500ml below the recommended lower limit...what r the dangers of that....i have serviced it yesterday and changed most of the differential bushings...i even changed the gear oil ( manual transmission)...Is this baby dying on me embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by auhanson(m): 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2015
gmyguy:
This is a cool contraption..how much is it...me i use glasses sha...except i buy a strap on camera

Just about N9,000.00..

I think the car cam is still better off for the fact that it will remain stationery all the time, unlike this that u might have to move your head left/right and upwards as you negotiate bends and hills and forward view
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by blackfm: 8:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
auhanson:

Just about N9,000.00..

I think the car cam is still better off for the fact that it will remain stationery all the time, unlike this that u might have to move your head left/right and upwards as you negotiate bends and hills and forward view
Please state where u got the glass if online or in a store. I'ld like to to one
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 17, 2015
car cam is very expensive oh...this one that $1 is now N280....if u add shipping n charges...abeg, na 2 tape my fone for windscreen dey record go
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by auhanson(m): 7:31pm On Dec 18, 2015
gmyguy:
car cam is very expensive oh...this one that $1 is now N280....if u add shipping n charges...abeg, na 2 tape my fone for windscreen dey record go

blackfm:

Please state where u got the glass if online or in a store. I'ld like to to one

The good news is that nowadays you could order these things so cheap in naira from Konga and Jumia in their numerous discounted season sells

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by esiri4jesu(m): 5:47pm On Jan 16, 2016
My lovely Audi 80 1995 model along sapele Warri road 190km/h. German cars are the best any day.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by stevejomo(m): 7:42pm On Jan 16, 2016
Did a little above 150km/hr on December 14, 2015. Onitsha-Owerri express way with 2001 Toyota Camry.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by FlyboyZee: 8:56pm On Jan 16, 2016
188km/hr on Ubima - Elele road (along Owerri - Port Harcourt Expressway) using my 2010 Honda Civic Ex Coupé so many times in December, 2015...
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by king406(m): 9:24pm On Jan 16, 2016
202kmh 2006 mercedes c230 sport

Recently did 225kmh but didn't snap a picture of it.

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
#Audi #V8Swap #AudiA4QuattroB5 #6SpeedManual #40V #Siena #UnitedKingdom #Nigeria #Autobahn #GermanRoadTrip.

Watch out for my new record this summer guys, with pictures and videos. wink

Stay safe!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by kingreign(m): 10:23pm On Jan 16, 2016
king406:

Watch your REV bro.... Besides, at such speeds, what if a bolt falls off a truck onto your windscreen directly in front of your face, how would you react?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by king406(m): 12:12am On Jan 17, 2016
kingreign:

Watch your REV bro.... Besides, at such speeds, what if a bolt falls off a truck onto your windscreen directly in front of your face, how would you react?
yeah the road was climbing that's why the revs were high so the transmission refused to change to final drive.

If u live in abuja u would know how the airport road is on Saturdays around 11am.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by nelcliff(m): 8:23am On Jan 17, 2016
I had done 195km/h on Warri- Benin Express rd with my senior Bro Porsche Cayenne 2006 model.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by JinaduJosefu(m): 1:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
Did over 160km/hr Lagos ibadan express
way. Lexus rx300

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by akanniade10(m): 2:00pm On Jan 17, 2016
160km/hr
Nissan Primera 96'Model
Lagos-Ibadan Express way

Ac was on.....
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by auhanson(m): 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2016
king406:

That's my nigga!! I hail you oh. You beat me to it by 2, though in a more superior sport sedan. Waoh!!!

Have a car cam coder to take record for you next time or the android speedo thing, that snapping thing, though i have done it before is too nerved. Now i uses car camcorder very cheap from konga.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by nomaison(m): 1:38pm On Jan 19, 2016
I did 170 along kafanchan Kaduna road with a french demon 406.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (43) (Reply)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / A Lady Drove This Killer Machine Today And Got Everyone Talking (Pic) / Ferrari F50 Abandoned In Ibadan (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.