Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (103230 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by feekman(m): 1:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
From ibadan Along lokoja exit to abuja140km/h mi o le wa ku mi ol e para mi grin grin grin grin grin
tuoyoojo:
I did 170km/h along Abuja-Kaduna expressed road in a honda accord 1998.
What is the highest speed you ever driven and what car were you driving then?

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by DeNelson: 10:57pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hi there!
Stumbled on these posts by accident while checking for something else.
I must confess, the race is not for the swift, but also not for the faint at heart.
Our roads were not designed for racing, but circumstances do dictate carrying out some of these things.
As rightly posted, ego, pride, show off are one of those things many drivers out there are pushing but that should not be the main motive for racing at high speeds, sometimes, in my opinion and experience, it is just safer to travel a little higher on the dial.
The core word is safety, purpose, capability of the driver and the limits of the vehicle and the terrain. Most of us 'drivers' don't understand the limits of performance which governs our driving style - a major cause of disasters and mishaps on the highway. I personally take more care when driving the low speeds between 70 and 120km/h. Just safer that way. But when I have to make a 1000 km round trip in less than 8 hours on mostly bad terrain, you would want to push the limits at the fair sections to cover up for the bad spots.

Fact: You don't need to max out always to leave other vehicles behind. Just understand the terrain and gain enough ground then maintain a confident speed.

190km/h in Nissan Primera Precisely between Rufus Giwa Poly gate, Owo and Isuada Junction way before the speed bumps were introduced. Made me decide against ever buying such car - too light for such quick speed!

I did 178km/h in a 1985 BMW 316 (318 engine) 2013

190+ km/h in BMW E36 1991 (M40 Engine) Between Owo and Benin, Between Benin and Onitsha 2014/2015. Also in my company was a Mitsubishi Diamante. I respect the guy!

200 km/h in Honda Accord ('Baby Boy') V6, tokunbo (between Lagos-Ibadan-Akure) - never tried that again because of the inherent Honda wheels problem.

If I ever wanna race, I'd go for something German - great stability for the money. Good when you need to keep an appointment.
I once had an exam at UNIBEN for 9 am. Was exhausted the night before and did not want to travel late. Woke up just moments before 8 am the following morning from Owo and Got to exam halls before 9 am. Those are the kind of scenes where I like to have the pedals pushed to the metal - the reason they were designed to get there in the first place. Justified.

Don't race because someone else is. Do because you have a 'justifiable' reason to. And that reason must include getting to destination safe and without harm to others. Save the ego in the house. Pick it when back. We did not leave home together, why must we race on the highway?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by kingreign(m): 3:30am On Oct 09, 2015
DeNelson:
Hi there!
I must confess, the race is not for the swift, but also not for the faint at heart.
Our roads were not designed for racing, but circumstances do dictate carrying out some of these things.
As rightly posted, ego, pride, show off are one of those things many drivers out there are pushing but that should not be the main motive for racing at high speeds, sometimes, in my opinion and experience, it is just safer to travel a little higher on the dial.
The core word is safety, purpose, capability of the driver and the limits of the vehicle and the terrain. Most of us 'drivers' don't understand the limits of performance which governs our driving style - a major cause of disasters and mishaps on the highway. I personally take more care when driving the low speeds between 70 and 120km/h. Just safer that way. But when I have to make a 1000 km round trip in less than 8 hours on mostly bad terrain, you would want to push the limits at the fair sections to cover up for the bad spots.

Fact: You don't need to max out always to leave other vehicles behind. Just understand the terrain and gain enough ground then maintain a confident speed.

190km/h in Nissan Primera Precisely between Rufus Giwa Poly gate, Owo and Isuada Junction way before the speed bumps were introduced. Made me decide against ever buying such car - too light for such quick speed!

190+ km/h in BMW E36 1991 (M40 Engine) Between Owo and Benin, Between Benin and Onitsha 2014/2015. Also in my company was a Mitsubishi Diamante. I respect the guy!

200 km/h in Honda Accord ('Baby Boy') V6, tokunbo (between Lagos-Ibadan-Akure) - never tried that again because of the inherent Honda wheels problem.

If I ever wanna race, I'd go for something German - great stability for the money. Good when you need to keep an appointment.
I once had an exam at UNIBEN for 9 am. Was exhausted the night before and did not want to travel late. Woke up just moments before 8 am the following morning from Owo and Got to exam halls before 9 am. Those are the kind of scenes where I like to have the pedals pushed to the metal - the reason they were designed to get there in the first place. Justified.

Don't race because someone else is. Do because you have a 'justifiable' reason to. And that reason must include getting to destination safe and without harm to others. Save the ego in the house. Pick it when back. We did not leave home together, why must we race on the highway?

You got a death wish?
You've got an ABS light on, a CEL and another warning light on, yet you still pushing the pedal to the metal.
Shake my head vigorously.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by tuoyoojo(m): 9:44am On Oct 09, 2015
DeNelson:
Hi there!

Bros I carry yansh for u! U chop big liver

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by predatorX: 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
140Km/h, 3rd mainland bridge, Toyota Camry tiny light, L4, 5th October,2015.
last week Sunday.

Fear no let make i commot one hand for steering talkless say i wan snap speedometer. i dey maaaarrrd shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

All of una wey dey post Speedometer pix wey don hang for 150 and 170Km/h una do well o!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

fear GOD and love your NL bros.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Ucbiu(m): 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
1 - KANO TO JIGAWA(DUTSE) - MERC. BENZ(V-BOOT) - 180K/H grin

2 - AJUJA TO KANO - TOYOTA COROLLA (2006 SPORT) - 170-180K/H cheesy

3 - KANO TO ABUJA - MERC. BENC (C280 COMPRESSOR) - 200-220K/H shocked
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rainmaker12(m): 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
predatorX:
140Km/h, 3rd mainland bridge, Toyota Camry tiny light, L4, 5th October,2015.
last week Sunday.

Fear no let make i commot one hand for steering talkless say i wan snap speedometer. i dey maaaarrrd shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

All of una wey dey post Speedometer pix wey don hang for 150 and 170Km/h una do well o!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

fear GOD and love your NL bros.
suspension
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by OPUSDEI1(m): 8:42am On Oct 11, 2015
1- 170 km/hr with a '94 Camry 2.2 along Awka-Etiti/Orsumoghu road in 2011
2- 180 km/hr with a 2004 Camry 2.4 along Onitsha/Owerri road in 2011.
3- 160 km/hr with a 97 mercedes C200 along Onitsha/Owerri road in 2014.
4- 165 km/hr with a 2005 Civic 1.6 along Onitsha/Owerri road in 2014.
I don't go that fast again for now till I get a good mix car and location.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by BluStreak(m): 9:11am On Oct 11, 2015
kingreign:

You got a death wish?
You've got an ABS light on, a CEL and another warning light on, yet you still pushing the pedal to the metal.
Shake my head vigorously.

You snatched that right off my keypad. You mean with ABS light on most especially plus the others, that driver still had the guts to be doing well over a 100km/h? Ah! The guy strong o. I don wanna be like that him when I grow up
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by marshalcarter: 2:10am On Oct 22, 2015
770km/h grin or 16th mainsea bridge with BMW x4(manual transmission) cheesy....did it for just 2 hrs only.....untiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllll

I woke up grin
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Yongi99(m): 11:09am On Oct 30, 2015
Mercedes C63 vs Yamaha R1 @ 300km/h https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YcKHNn7_gBU
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Youngsage: 4:49pm On Oct 30, 2015
choiii shocked shocked shocked

Intimidating comments mehn! I doff my hat. But how is snapping of speedometer even possible at such speed?! Adonbilivit.

Me na 135kmh I reach when I look am, fear catch me I sloooow down fast. Toyota muscle early this year though lol

Professiona 'learner' here o! Hehehe grin grin
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Youngsage: 4:50pm On Oct 30, 2015
DeNelson:
Hi there!

Respect! cool
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 30, 2015
Youngsage:
choiii shocked shocked shocked

Intimidating comments mehn! I doff my hat. But how is snapping of speedometer even possible at such speed?! Adonbilivit.

Me na 135kmh I reach when I look am, fear catch me I sloooow down fast. Toyota muscle early this year though lol

Professiona 'learner' here o! Hehehe grin grin

Your own still better I don't go more than 120km/hr no matter as road sweet reach.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Youngsage: 8:52am On Oct 31, 2015
dumo1:

Your own still better I don't go more than 120km/hr no matter as road sweet reach.
Hehehe.. Prior to that I hadn't gone more than 100 sef. No be the road tempt me oh, I just did it for the records. LOL. But fear catch me when I see say I wan dey fly, i slow down fast nii. But omo come see as d tin dey sweet me grin grin

I have my limits though. I can't even think of attempting some of what I'm seeing here.. Never.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by hkwills(m): 7:40am On Nov 05, 2015
This Mercedes-Benz CLS 65 ///AMG
Doing 141miles. (227km) on

Blessed are those who drives dis Mercedes, for they shall inherit paradise

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Ziggyzito(m): 9:23pm On Nov 10, 2015
Moments after I reduced my speed from 180km/hr (goodluck Jonathan bypass,Calabar.) second was in a Kia Optima, 2010, ogoni-ph

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Yongi99(m): 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2015
Ziggyzito:
Moments after I reduced my speed from 180km/hr (goodluck Jonathan bypass,Calabar.) second was in a Kia Optima, 2010, ogoni-ph
bad guy! I use to do over 120km/h each time i enter that GEJ by-pass, but now am careful, because the road has started developing portholes.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Ziggyzito(m): 4:20pm On Nov 13, 2015
Yongi99:
bad guy! I use to do over 120km/h each time i enter that GEJ by-pass, but now am careful, because the road has started developing portholes.
that road is a death trap fam!! I know 4 guys who have crashed their cars there.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Yongi99(m): 10:13pm On Nov 13, 2015
Ziggyzito:
that road is a death trap fam!! I know 4 guys who have crashed their cars there.
hmmm....too bad
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nyceguy92: 6:08am On Nov 18, 2015
[quote author=tuoyoojo post=11553427]

I was going home from Abuja and hit 160km/he on Abuja/Abaji road.

It was a if I was floating and my car was rock stable.

My wife complained and I had to slow down.

Can't try it anymore because I no longer watch out for myself alone anymore.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by kingiyin: 5:39pm On Nov 18, 2015
Before I got married my average was 150km/h anytime I go from lag to ib, but if the wifey is in the car 110km/h but I did stunts a few times...
180km/h Nissan Primera 92model Lagos ib express
160km/h Honda civic 92 model, third mainland
200km/h S500 Benz V8 2001 model, newly tarred portion of lag in express
160km/h Honda civic 92 model, steady for minutes, Benin-Asaba via Agbor and Sagamu Benin express...
But please speeding when,you're not an expert is very very risky, thank you
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by honestmike(m): 6:12pm On Nov 18, 2015
I'm very sure the top speed you've ever driven you don't know. because at that time you were busy trying to leave someone else way back in your rear. it is fun the thrills but then you look down at your speedometer and see 205km/hr and you ease up on the pedal thinking "WTF? I'm 17, I'm too young to be doing this. lol. funny thing is it will happen again and again.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by emmaak2(m): 8:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
kingiyin:
Before I got married my average was 150km/h anytime I go from lag to ib, but if the wifey is in the car 110km/h but I did stunts a few times...
180km/h Nissan Primera 92model Lagos ib express
160km/h Honda civic 92 model, third mainland
200km/h S500 Benz V8 2001 model, newly tarred portion of lag in express
160km/h Honda civic 92 model, steady for minutes, Benin-Asaba via Agbor and Sagamu Benin express...
But please speeding when,you're not an expert is very very risky, thank you

Nothing like being an expert,when driving just d experience
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by mammanbawa: 11:32am On Nov 21, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (43) (Reply)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / A Lady Drove This Killer Machine Today And Got Everyone Talking (Pic) / Ferrari F50 Abandoned In Ibadan (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.