Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) (15379 Views)

Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had / 5 African First Ladies Who Cheated On Their Husbands (photos) / African First Ladies Summit: Dame Patience Rigs Out Aisha Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by DICKtator: 11:01am On Jul 25, 2012
[quote author=dasparrow]FG buys 200 cars for First Ladies summit

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/other-sections/lead-stories/172646-fg-buys-200-cars-for-first-ladies-summit

Sanusi said the FG can not continue to pay subsidy hence it needed to be removed completely!!. Now we know the true reason!!!!

Nigeria as a nation needs to listen to the indelible words of George Santayana that Those who don't remember the mistakes of the past are bound to commit them again(paraphrased).
GEJ needs a minister of history because he seems to be following the way of Louis XVI of France who alongside his larger-than-life wife Marie Antoinette, ruined France through their spendings and gave rise to the Republic.
GEJ, tread softly!!!!! Nigeria is. Much more politically active unlike the past.

2 Likes

Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by nature28: 11:01am On Jul 25, 2012
Nigeria is hosting conference of African first ladies and in such a situation what should be the transportation mode for our visitors? Cars right.. So where do they get the cars? Maybe you donate yours, your father's and your great great grand fathers or each first lady should bring a car from her country since Nigeria is not supposed to carter for the logistics involve in hosting such an August conference. This is where you paid agents of Tinubu and his CPC cohorts keep getting it wrong.. Your criticisms lack intelligence and genuity.. What you should be concerned now should be contract inflation and whereabouts of these cars after the conference.. Coconut heads!

fooooooool!!!!!!!!!!
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by Mexyz(m): 11:02am On Jul 25, 2012
Freiburger, i no blame u,na too much of AIT dey worry u..even an average american don't support the war in afganistan,iraq or pakistan, talk much of pumpn american billion dollars there. Dey want their chldren out of there..grow up dude nd enlighten urslf
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by nagoma(m): 11:04am On Jul 25, 2012
loneytunes: Whao! What a government. I wonder what Mrs 'Prime Minister' will have to say about this. Was she not the one vouching for this govt during the subsidy wahala? What a govt; what a country. SMH

Yes what is the coordinating Minister Ngozi doing watching all these senselessness? If she doesn't care about the suffering of Nigerians,does she no longer have a reputation to protect internationally? Can't she call Jona to order?
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by sanandreas(m): 11:05am On Jul 25, 2012
lack of knowledge. Lack of wisdom. Breathing foul air......
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by Chyvy(f): 11:05am On Jul 25, 2012
Why? Jona why? cry U told us u wud not let us down cry
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by freezer(m): 11:05am On Jul 25, 2012
my ppl perish for lack of knowledge...this is the situation here..... as an active participant on this summit i can tell you that FG did not buy 200 vehicles for visiting first ladies...the fleet meant for such events have been badly depleted and has become very embarrassing.... imagine sometime last year a visiting head of state convoy got stuck on the airport road in abuja. the current Peugeot 607 saloon cars are close to 10 yrs old and badly need replacement. the truth must be said at all times..we have a foreign policy posture to protect and maintain as a nation. lets not forget that your president travels for overseas engagements would u like it if He is treated poorly?.? and trust me these cars were not bought for.. cos i know most times the State house rent such vehicles depending on the caliber of guest....
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 25, 2012
[size=16pt]THOSE CARS SHOULD BE LEASED!!!!!!!![/size] angry angry angry
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by naja2: 11:08am On Jul 25, 2012
owo: There was conflicting information by last night on whether the cars were bought outright or hired, and no government official was ready to speak with our correspondents on the record for this story.

When Daily Trust contacted spokesman for Coscharis Motors, Mr. Ifeanyi Nihe, by telephone on Monday, he said the company had supplied vehicles to the Federal Government but refused to state the number and cost.

“I am not in the position to give out the real value of the transaction,” he said.[b][/b]

Did anyone read that this is an unconfirmed report? Neither the lessee (or buyer) nor the lessor (or seller) has confirmed. So why is the headline showing that the story is confirmed?
Business men dont confirm political stories cos they still want patronage and stop making excuses on behalf of a thieving rogue govt like this.
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by product: 11:12am On Jul 25, 2012
BlackBaron: Why undertake such grand exorbitance in the face of austerity, yet Ngozi keeps saying the nation is broke.

Why not procure cheaper stately cars from Peugeot or Innoson.

Worst is at the end, this would be shared amongst the top hierarchy of government in exchange for a pittance

They can order some good luxury busses , 2 or 3 will do than buying 200 cars . Am very sure they hired the cars .
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by jmaine: 11:12am On Jul 25, 2012
HNosegbe: [size=16pt]THOSE CARS SHOULD BE LEASED!!!!!!!![/size] angry angry angry

Exactly . . .But we don't have the full info about the deal yet . . .why are folks screaming here . . .
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by SkyBlue1: 11:13am On Jul 25, 2012
To add insult to injury they couldn't even go for made in Nigeria, they had to go "exotic". And yet we keep being preached to about cassave bread. I guess when the chips are really down the government shows what it really thinks of local content. Do as I say not as I do.
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by FJCRUISER: 11:21am On Jul 25, 2012
It's not true oh . Learnt COSCHARIS IS LETTING GOVT USE D CARS WHILE GRANTING IMPORT WAIVERS. LET'S SEND CORRECT VIBES ON DIS PLATFORM SO IT DOESN'T BECOME ANODA GARBAGE DUMP
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by jmaine: 11:22am On Jul 25, 2012
To be honest . .Innoson motors should have been the preferred option . .atleast, to a sizeable percentage grin . . . .
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by nagoma(m): 11:23am On Jul 25, 2012
freezer: my ppl perish for lack of knowledge...this is the situation here..... as an active participant on this summit i can tell you that FG did not buy 200 vehicles for visiting first ladies...the fleet meant for such events have been badly depleted and has become very embarrassing.... imagine sometime last year a visiting head of state convoy got stuck on the airport road in abuja. the current Peugeot 607 saloon cars are close to 10 yrs old and badly need replacement. the truth must be said at all times..we have a foreign policy posture to protect and maintain as a nation. lets not forget that your president travels for overseas engagements would u like it if He is treated poorly?.? and trust me these cars were not bought for.. cos i know most times the State house rent such vehicles depending on the caliber of guest....

Nonsense! what is this jamboree all about? The best way to promote peace is to first of all ensure peace in your own country through justice, transparency, genuine democracy and the rule of law.We all know that the conference is for one person's ego boosting (Patience Jonathan) and also a process of further impoverishment of the country and its people through such unwarrented extravagant and fraudlent purchases. Just wait AND SEE HOW MUCH ORANGE JUICE and other drinks, CHICKEN, CAKES AND WILL FLOW AND HOW MUCH HOTEL BILL THE NIGERIAN TAX PAYER WILL FOOT. You don't have to be TB Joshua to know that this will be, worthless women babble and display of the latest liposuction and facelift by middleaged overfed women and just another wasteful insolence for the wretched country, Nigeria. (I am not against women, I am against madness)
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by jmaine: 11:24am On Jul 25, 2012
FJCRUISER: It's not true oh . Learnt COSCHARIS IS LETTING GOVT USE D CARS WHILE GRANTING IMPORT WAIVERS. LET'S SEND CORRECT VIBES ON DIS PLATFORM SO IT DOESN'T BECOME ANODA GARBAGE DUMP

News Source please
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by swtcharissa(f): 11:26am On Jul 25, 2012
Maxymilliano: Misplaced priorities! So what will happen to the vehincles after the summit?
d purchase of d vehicles is nt a priority in d first place
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by jmaine: 11:30am On Jul 25, 2012
swtcharissa: d purchase of d vehicles is nt a priority in d first place

first who informed you it was purchased . .and what do you understand by priority in the context of our hosting an international conference/submit . . .
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by silica(m): 11:32am On Jul 25, 2012
Its unfortunate that some people hve mde criticing government a big business. And when they have nothing to say they cook up stories just to attack the government. I believe in constructive criticism and i believe that we need a vibrant ipposition to balance our democracy. I want the govt to recieve knocks whenp they fail to live up tp our expectations, but i dont think its right to cook up stories just to attack the govt. The cars in question were imported by Coscharis based on customer demand. It is a tradition world over for major car dealers to offer their cars for govet functions for free in return for port waivers on the said vehicle. After the programme, these companies will sell these cars off at reduced priced since they didnt port duties on them. Thats the arrangement Coscharis has in providing these vehicle for the first ladies. It doesnt belong to the government. Infact, it is coscharis that will provide the drivers for this cars. Feel free to cross check this information. Lets find other areas where we can genuinely criticise and knock the govt. like bad roads, poor electricity supply and general low standard of living
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by Demdem(m): 11:34am On Jul 25, 2012
freezer: my ppl perish for lack of knowledge...this is the situation here..... as an active participant on this summit i can tell you that FG did not buy 200 vehicles for visiting first ladies...the fleet meant for such events have been badly depleted and has become very embarrassing.... imagine sometime last year a visiting head of state convoy got stuck on the airport road in abuja. the current Peugeot 607 saloon cars are close to 10 yrs old and badly need replacement. the truth must be said at all times..we have a foreign policy posture to protect and maintain as a nation. lets not forget that your president travels for overseas engagements would u like it if He is treated poorly?.? and trust me these cars were not bought for.. cos i know most times the State house rent such vehicles depending on the caliber of guest....

being an active participant, can u kindly highlight the benefits of this conference to Nigerians. probably doing that will sway the minds of Nigerians who wouldnt even mind if thousands of cars are purchased as long as they have something in return.

1 Like

Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by nagoma(m): 11:36am On Jul 25, 2012
silica: Its unfortunate that some people hve mde criticing government a big business. And when they have nothing to say they cook up stories just to attack the government. I believe in constructive criticism and i believe that we need a vibrant ipposition to balance our democracy. I want the govt to recieve knocks whenp they fail to live up tp our expectations, but i dont think its right to cook up stories just to attack the govt. The cars in question were imported by Coscharis based on customer demand. It is a tradition world over for major car dealers to offer their cars for govet functions for free in return for port waivers on the said vehicle. After the programme, these companies will sell these cars off at reduced priced since they didnt port duties on them. Thats the arrangement Coscharis has in providing these vehicle for the first ladies. It doesnt belong to the government. Infact, it is coscharis that will provide the drivers for this cars. Feel free to cross check this information. Lets find other areas where we can genuinely criticise and knock the govt. like bad roads, poor electricity supply and general low standard of living

So can we criticize this insensitive government for the whole nonsensical conference? what is this jamboree all about? The best way to promote peace is to first of all ensure peace in your own country through justice, transparency, genuine democracy and the rule of law.We all know that the conference is for one person's ego boosting (Patience Jonathan) and also a process of further impoverishment of the country and its people through such unwarrented extravagant and fraudlent purchases. Just wait AND SEE HOW MUCH ORANGE JUICE and other drinks, CHICKEN, CAKES AND WILL FLOW AND HOW MUCH HOTEL BILL THE NIGERIAN TAX PAYER WILL FOOT. You don't have to be TB Joshua to know that this will be, worthless women babble and display of the latest liposuction and facelift by middleaged overfed women and just another wasteful insolence for the wretched country, Nigeria. (I am not against women, I am against madness)
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by ovo4u(m): 11:37am On Jul 25, 2012
Why are you guys being surprised?

Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by Audukaya: 11:37am On Jul 25, 2012
These focusless govt.what is their problem,every day from one mode of corruption to the other. The 1st ladies should go and cook 4 their husbands to be emulated.
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by tolexy05(m): 11:38am On Jul 25, 2012
elueme. You are a big fool i pity people who born you.. Dead brain, dead material
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by nagoma(m): 11:38am On Jul 25, 2012
silica: Its unfortunate that some people hve mde criticing government a big business. And when they have nothing to say they cook up stories just to attack the government. I believe in constructive criticism and i believe that we need a vibrant ipposition to balance our democracy. I want the govt to recieve knocks whenp they fail to live up tp our expectations, but i dont think its right to cook up stories just to attack the govt. The cars in question were imported by Coscharis based on customer demand. It is a tradition world over for major car dealers to offer their cars for govet functions for free in return for port waivers on the said vehicle. After the programme, these companies will sell these cars off at reduced priced since they didnt port duties on them. Thats the arrangement Coscharis has in providing these vehicle for the first ladies. It doesnt belong to the government. Infact, it is coscharis that will provide the drivers for this cars. Feel free to cross check this information. Lets find other areas where we can genuinely criticise and knock the govt. like bad roads, poor electricity supply and general low standard of living

It's actually the government that made oppressing people a very big business indeed. No one pays me for criticizind this evil government.
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by ayinba1(f): 11:39am On Jul 25, 2012
It would be great if this turns out to be a rumor but that is wishful thinkiing. Shortly after the fuel subsidy removal, all the senators got a spanking new Toyota SUV. I was so confident that it was a rumor but it turned out not to be so. Of course, the visitors would need a car to get around but a serious government would at least give a company like Innoson a chance to supply these. It will provide jobs and keep some money in the system. It would also b an opportunity for further development.
I guess the story will be confirmed after the vehicles are delivered.

Nigerians wake up. Sign petitions against this wasteful spending, sign it on facebook, twitter or whatever. Tell your senators that they should work for you and stop voting without without asking for past achievements.
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 25, 2012
And to think that our Constitution doesn't even recognise the office of First Lady.
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 25, 2012
owo: There was conflicting information by last night on whether the cars were bought outright or hired, and no government official was ready to speak with our correspondents on the record for this story.

When Daily Trust contacted spokesman for Coscharis Motors, Mr. Ifeanyi Nihe, by telephone on Monday, he said the company had supplied vehicles to the Federal Government but refused to state the number and cost.

I am not in the position to give out the real value of the transaction,” he said.[b][/b]

Did anyone read that this is an unconfirmed report? Neither the lessee (or buyer) nor the lessor (or seller) has confirmed. So why is the headline showing that the story is confirmed?

Dude, do you have a comprehension issue?

Look at the bolded. . . . . now you got your answer.
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by Demdem(m): 11:44am On Jul 25, 2012
There was conflicting information by last night on whether the cars were bought outright or hired, and no government official was ready to speak with our correspondents on the record for this story.

“I am not in the position to give out the real value of the transaction,” he said.

When asked which government agency was handling the transaction, Nihe said, “Our company is still talking with some officials of the government. I don’t know whether it is the First Lady’s office or not.”

Nihe also could not confirm to Daily Trust whether the cars were sold or leased out to the government for the event.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/other-sections/lead-stories/172646-fg-buys-200-cars-for-first-ladies-summit

The bottom line here is there is a transaction between coscharis and the FG. That is a fact. Whether the govt bought the cars or leased the car is immaterial because either side it will cost the govt significant amounts and thats where the issue is. A govt that is truly in the business of cutting cost wont even think about this at all for a waste called first ladies conference when effective and cost friendly alternatives that are also presentable are available. Infact, if Innosun was called upon to supply the vehicles i wont be this against it because i believe the money will still go to the economy but not the German economy.
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 25, 2012
HNosegbe: And to think that our Constitution doesn't even recognise the office of First Lady.

Hhahahaa you took the words right out of my mouth.
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:46am On Jul 25, 2012
jmaine:
^

I was about saying the same . . .Why the hullabaloo over this unverified news undecided. . . .

...Thats Because Niggis be tripping in Nigeria.. Niggas be so broke, if the government buys 1 carton of biscuits for 10 Naira in a supermarket, when an aboki on the road sells same biscuits for 9.99.. Niggas would lose their minds and start talking shiit!!

Its just a Nigerian thing!!

NIGERIAN NIGGAS love to trip!!
Re: First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 25, 2012
[quote author=DICKtator][/quote]

France ke? Dude youre going too far both in time and location.

All you need to do is check out the excesses of Nigeria's 1st and 2nd Republics and find out what brought the Military into power, then and only then will you understand what is in store for these thieves pretty soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Saraki’s Trial Splits Nigerian Students Body, NANS / Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate / See What An Igbo Man Can Do? Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.