Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,353 members, 7,839,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? (10238 Views)

Poll: Is it?

Yes: 21% (7 votes)
No: 78% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: / Coming To The Uk: Is It Easier To Come To Uk As A Spouse Than As A Student? / Why Cant Benin Be More Like Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 12:35pm On Dec 12, 2007
mrpataki:

Mad for wetin? grin I can come up with thirty reasons why the UK is an extension of naija. cool Will that get you mad? tongue

Make sure you have almondjoy as your tour guide when visiting those places next. cheesy cheesy

re: mad? not at all

re: tour guide, er, no thanks! Abeg why you go even recommend that kind wahala for my head sef? grin
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 1:29pm On Dec 12, 2007
Siena:

Wow, I just love this thread!

Militia and Elo, love you both! kiss

Oh yeah? tongue  How goes it ma love? cheesy

Did you get ma "ma ssage"? tongue

mrpataki:

Mad for wetin? grin I can come up with thirty reasons why the UK is an extension of naija. cool Will that get you mad? tongue

Make sure you have almondjoy as your tour guide when visiting those places next. cheesy cheesy

You trust me ke---I go just push the babe enter one of their grafitti garawa for yonder-cover her head inside there make she continue to type her rubbish and dream of Sapele water inside snow thia! cheesy

Make you dey one corner dey fain trouble oh! wink

EloSela:

re: mad? not at all

re: tour guide, er, no thanks! Abeg why you go even recommend that kind wahala for my head sef? grin

Which wahala? tongue  I say we will be best of friends by the time I give your the tour of ya dreams! kiss  All na sign of love!
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 3:25pm On Dec 12, 2007
Siena:

Militia, all received, glad "project" is underway. cool

Got plenty to say, not ignoring you, not sure where to start.

I say no problem at all!  I am very patient!  See you there!---I'll catch up with you soonest! Just relax--no frets at all! kiss

Ahem!!! Elo-haaa, what were you saying my dear British queen? tongue
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by mrpataki(m): 6:42pm On Dec 12, 2007
almondjoy:

Ahem!!! Elo-haaa, what were you saying my dear British queen? tongue

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Her Royal majesty Elo, the British queen of nairaland is busy at the moment, witnessing the official changing of guards at Buckingham palace tongue

She will be reporting on the forum live and direct soon. cheesy
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by awonboiz: 6:43pm On Dec 12, 2007
@almondjoy

u run ya mouth tu much, haba! shocked

na only u de here undecided
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by awonboiz: 6:45pm On Dec 12, 2007
@mrpataki

pls PON ARA E LE O sad
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by mrpataki(m): 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2007
awon boiz:

@mrpataki

please PON ARA E LE O sad

Guy, you don bu-gi-je before? grin
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 12, 2007
Hellosela grin grin, (or do you actually think I would write hello elosela, how does that sound in your ears). It shows you are clearly not a Nigerian. Have you ever heard of yabbing? You just have to be openminded and stop keeping malice. The wolves on Nairaland haven't arrived yet and you're already heated up. When next you meet those Nigerians that tell you the UK is nothing, try and confront them, after that, come on Nairaland and tell us how it went that is if they did not eat you raw. This is just a sisterly advise because your post clearly reveals you do not understand the naija sense of humour. wink
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 8:02pm On Dec 12, 2007
stillwater:

Hellosela grin grin, (or do you actually think I would write hello elosela, how does that sound in your ears). It shows you are clearly not a Nigerian. Have you ever heard of yabbing? You just have to be openminded and stop keeping malice. The wolves on Nairaland haven't arrived yet and you're already heated up. When next you meet those Nigerians that tell you the UK is nothing, try and confront them, after that, come on Nairaland and tell us how it went that is if they did not eat you raw. This is just a sisterly advise because your post clearly reveals you do not understand the naija sense of humour. wink

Eat me raw?Ah right we'll wait and see. cool

All fun and games Deary. If anyone is heated up then it definitely not yours truly!

It's amazing that you can tell that I am not a Nigerian in some form from posts. By the way I know Nigerians especially the ones back home like the back of my hand and I don't expect that they are any different online but thanks for your heartfelt advice. wink
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 11:32pm On Dec 12, 2007
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-69118.224.html

This link provides the much needed evidence to show that UK is just and extension of Nigeria.  Some white people in this world have a third world sense of "urban developement"!  See roads for UK like na Idumota or Upper Iweka Road we dey see? shocked

Pathetic and depressing.

God bless the USA! kiss
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by VOR(m): 1:36am On Dec 13, 2007
Elosela,

I have just opened this thread for the first time, and I haven't laughed so
much in ages.

Frankly you are a woman after my heart. Most of what you said in your opening
post is so true. I have many friends and relations in good old US of A and they are
ALL, without exception, amazed at the amount of paid holiday and flexibility
at work UK workers get. Your comments about maternity pay is also true and a lot of
Americans and indeed nationals of other countries are jealous of this. I note that none
of the posters here have addressed specifically either of these or other positive points
about the UK.

No mind them, na so, so bad belle de do them. tongue tongue tongue
BTW which part of London do you live in.
More grease to your elbow my dear and don't let the haters get you down.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by scambater(m): 1:40am On Dec 13, 2007
What is this world coming to shocked why in God's name would someone in the US be jealous or have bad belle for people in the UK when Most Nigerian folks in the UK end up in America.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 2:35am On Dec 13, 2007
scambater:

What is this world coming to shocked[b] why in God's name would someone in the US be jealous or have bad belle for people in the UK when Most Nigerian folks in the UK end up in America.[/b]

It is called the effects of neurological damage caused by the inhalation of too much London sewer or suck-away "dam-bu-ru-ba" Fog!!!  Utter madness! angry One look at Camilla Parker Bowles or Prince "Tampon Prince Charles"--I can only imagine how the place smells. Ugly people!  At least Bill Clinton only smokes "cigars"! coolb But a tampon prince is totally inexcusable.  TU-Fia-Kwa! angry

They don totally losh their maa'nds! ---translated from ebonics--they have totally lost their minds!
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 10:22am On Dec 13, 2007
VOR:

Elosela,

I have just opened this thread for the first time, and I haven't laughed so
much in ages.

Frankly you are a woman after my heart. Most of what you said in your opening
post is so true. I have many friends and relations in good old US of A and they are
ALL, without exception, amazed at the amount of paid holiday and flexibility
at work UK workers get. Your comments about maternity pay is also true and a lot of
Americans and indeed nationals of other countries are jealous of this. I note that none
of the posters here have addressed specifically either of these or other positive points
about the UK.

No mind them, na so, so bad belle de do them. tongue tongue tongue
BTW which part of London do you live in.
More grease to your elbow my dear and don't let the haters get you down.

Hi Vor!

Na wa o my brother!

I don't know whether it is pure jealousy or the fact that maybe when they first applied for a visa to leave Nigeria they were turned down by the UK embassy before finally getting one to the US. Whatever the case most of them seem to have a serious axe to grind when it comes to the UK and in particular, London. cool

They absolutely love it when threads like this pop up because you just know they are dying to get in here just to let us UK Naijas know that we ain't worth $hit! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked LoL!

Check out the crazed unintelligible ramblings of that crazed bytch, Olodojoy abi Almondboy sef. This is typical. This thing has been manically posting dribble on here like it's life depended on it. That na person?

Anyway I am glad I made you smile! grin grin grin

Have a nice day. wink

scambater:

What is this world coming to shocked why in God's name would someone in the US be jealous or have bad belle for people in the UK when Most Nigerian folks in the UK end up in America.

Scambater

See what I wrote above.

Abeg all Nigerians who don't like the UK should immediately go to the US embassy to collect their visas and leave Let person hear word jare! The visa is not that hard to get if you hold a green passport so why the song and dance?
And Nigerians in America really shouldn't visit the UK if all they are going to do is bytch and moan afterwards.
London should be left for those of us who appreciate it and actually [b]prefer [/b]living here to America. grin
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 12:39pm On Dec 13, 2007
Siena:

Jeeze, Elo! shocked shocked I like you, I really do, but as for calling my darling Almond a bytch, grrr! angry That's my Nairaland wife you're insulting!

Retract and call a truce, and I'll like you more! Relax, and don't take Nairaland posts / views too personal! wink

No retraction I'm afraid. Olodojoy decided to go there with the name calling first so she should be able to take it, no be so?

Thanks for the tip sha but why anyone would assume that I am taking these mere pixels on a screen seriously or even personal for that matter is beyond me. May be my words are just too strong for una. grin But I am only giving as good as I get! cool

shocked My heart bleeds though, really it does tear me up, *sniff* because you won't like me because of it cry

Anyway sha, that's life!

NEXT! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by darfur(m): 12:42pm On Dec 13, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i don laugh tire  grin grin grin grin grin nigerians. . . . i like my people . . . . . . . .  grin grin grin grin grin grin

as for me, UK is good, US is also good, my problem be say naija my own country wey dem born me don yamutu angry

but we nigerians wey dey too proud, too too proud. always ready to prove say we better pass another person. haba angry

and it aint helping us at all. me i no proud, i'm poor, i have no office job, i'm not british or american, i'm just a poor student doing menial jobs to make ends meet. but make no mistake, i've not and will never loose my self esteem. and regardless of where i end up. . . .europe/us/canada/africa/lagos/ph/etc/  . . . i'm positive that i have a great future ahead of me. and that will put a smile onme face smiley and will never let anybody run me down at all. angry
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 12:49pm On Dec 13, 2007
@Darfur

I salute you! grin
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by darfur(m): 1:07pm On Dec 13, 2007
you are welcome cheesy
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by MP007(m): 1:52pm On Dec 13, 2007
this site is stil named nairaland right or did seun turn it into poundland? e gba mi oo, ki ni girl u post naaa?
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 3:34pm On Dec 13, 2007
Siena:

Jeeze, Elo! shocked shocked I like you, I really do, but as for calling my darling Almond a bytch, grrr! angry That's my Nairaland wife you're insulting!

Retract and call a truce, and I'll like you more! Relax, and don't take Nairaland posts / views too personal! wink

Siena,  Please don't mind her sweetheart.  I think I hurt her feelings!  She has finally proved she can also hold "intelligent" debates!  I think she is really pissed! cheesy

I think she got mad when she found out that we are "one"! wink  She is just showing her "Peckham" side! grin  I suspected that she was a real Brixton Bush meat despite how hard she tried to hide it.  It's all about having fun my dear.  At the end of the day we have all proven that we are Nigerians and just "guests" where we live. 

Hey!  Elo-haaaaaaaaaaa!  Talk to me baby! grin  When are you coming to visit me over here in Harlem? tongue Get some more guys out to help you lick your wounds! grin

Happy Holidays dearie!  May God continue to save your Queen-- even though she is ripe enough for death--at 250 years old! cheesy

Still working on that project---WOW--that is some "psychological maze"
Na wah for you oh!---I love it!
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 4:10pm On Dec 13, 2007
Dear Poster,

Please next time stick to you own topic and stop your drifting senile mind from wandering off as a result of your frustrations in your cardboard box called "London"!

If you want to discuss why UK is Nigeria's backyard then do so---The US has nothing to do with it.  Please go back to school and learn to focus on a given subject.  Your inablity to maintain the slightest focus on this thread shows that there is not difference between the educational system in Nigeria and that of your  Peckam University in  the UK.

Pages and pages of fullscap sheet of rigmarolling around a subject without showing us what you want to discuss here.  Next time come over to the US for futher studies and we will gladly teach you how to stick to topics without wandering off in your mental taxi cab off to nowhere!  All you succeeded in doing here is telling us you are the one envious of the glorious citizenship of Nigerians in the great US of A.  Just let us know how we can help you.  I understand how hard it is to make a "Pound" over there.  Just relax and we can help you solve you frustrations.

Warmest regards.

A.J.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 4:12pm On Dec 13, 2007
Glad that is all over. Now back to bigging up London, my home city! grin grin grin grin grin grin

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/destinations/2006-12-05-london-top-city_x.htm

London takes a bite out of New York's Big Apple
Updated 12/5/2006 9:00 AM ET E-mail | Save | Print | Subscribe to stories like this

A Polish specialty shop sits only a few miles to the west of Kensington Palace gardens and billionaires row, in the suburb of Ealing. Storefronts boast signs offering Polish delicacies to cater to an influx of less wealthy, but no less ambitious immigrants.

By Jane Wardell, Associated Press Writer
LONDON — Indian steel tycoon Laskhmi Mittal and Russian oil baron Leonard Blavatnik are the new boys on the block at London's Kensington Palace Gardens, a street with houses so lavish it's known as billionaire's row.

Farther west in the suburb of Ealing, store fronts boast signs offering Polish delicacies to cater to an influx of less wealthy, but no less driven immigrants.

Watch out Big Apple, Big Ben may be ringing in a new age of dominance for the British capital.

In the same way immigrants flooded to the bright lights of New York last century, they are now drawn to London's galloping financial markets, inviting job market and high-octane lifestyle. New York's attractions, meanwhile, are languishing as stringent post-9/11 travel restrictions, heavy-handed financial regulations, and intrusive Homeland Security policies combine to make it less welcoming or, at times, even somewhat parochial.

"When people decide to leave their own country, more and more they choose London," said Jonathan Faid, senior economist at the Centre for Economics and Business Research.

Along with record immigration levels, property prices are skyrocketing and employment remains robust. Financially, London dominates global foreign exchange trading, leads New York in new stock market listings and is pulling ahead on hedge fund management.

On the lifestyle front, the arts and party scenes are breaking new ground in innovation (and excess), tourists keep coming in droves despite terrorism fears, and to top it all off the 2012 Olympics are coming to town.

Celebrities are giving their nod.

Woody Allen, the filmmaker perhaps most closely associated with New York, has recently made London his muse. And international non-British superstars like Madonna, Kevin Spacey and Gwyneth Paltrow make their home here, drawn to the mix of buzz and Old World elegance.

Behind the boom is money: the capital is underpinned by thriving international financial markets. While New York remains the world's largest urban economy, its wealth is founded on domestic business; experts say London has already stolen back its crown as the premier international financial market.

It all started two decades ago, when then-Tory Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher implemented her 1986 Big Bang financial reforms that deregulated the London Stock Exchange virtually overnight. Long the exclusive preserve of the rich or well-connected, the exchange became cheaper, faster and more transparent for foreigners and individual investors.

There was also a philosophical shift in Thatcher's vision of a "classless society" in which the best and the brightest of all races and backgrounds would be given the conditions to thrive — often, critics said, at the expense of the weakest.

Labour Prime Minister Tony Blair has continued that drive, using foreigner-friendly legislation to make the most of London's natural geographic advantage — it's in a convenient time zone to cut deals from New York to Shanghai — to straddle the business globe.

Despite some public grumbling, Britain has put up few barriers to foreigners taking over some of its biggest businesses, not to mention treasured institutions. One of the most notable new faces is Roman Abramovich, the Russian oil tycoon who is now frequently spotted in the home stands of Chelsea, the venerable London-based soccer club he bought in 2003.

Attempts by foreign corporations to buy US. icons have been met with stronger protest, as with the sale of New York's Rockefeller Center to Mitsubishi Estate in the late 1980s. Mitsubishi later sold its 51 stake in favor of investments in Asia. And there is little talk of "economic patriotism" in Britain that has become a catchphrase in continental Europe, with governments in France and Germany blocking takeover bids by foreign companies.

The Enron scandal led the United States to introduce tough regulations including requirements that companies listing on US. exchanges invest in software and hire auditors to vet business processes — a move critics say has a stifling effect on investment and enterprise.

"US. regulation has certainly driven a lot of business over here and London has taken advantage of that by making sure that its own regulation is as attractive as it can manage," said David Lascelles, the director of the Centre for Study of Financial Innovation.

Perhaps the most euro-skeptic European Union member, Britain has also embraced the bloc's open-border policy more warmly than any other country, welcoming workers from newcomer states after the last expansion in 2004 when most other EU nations kept the door closed.

The net inflow of people coming long-term into Britain last year was 500 a day, according to figures from the National Statistics office. The rush of immigration has been so dramatic that the government is trying to cool it off, restricting entry from workers from Romania and Bulgaria when those countries join the EU in 2007.

The hurdles to settling in the United States are greater than those in Britain, said Anastasia Tonello, a London-based lawyer specializing in migration to both countries.

"Someone with a degree and skills and experience can usually find a route to immigrate into the UK. and that simply isn't the case in the US. There's quotas, there's backlogs, there's requirements that just prevent good people from being able to get authorization to work in the US.," she said.

"The message is that we aren't just an historic financial center, we are a very dynamic, cultural city with lots of facets," said Diana Torres, the New-York based vice president for Think London, a not-for-profit organization that helps foreign businesses set up shop in London.

Seb Dovey of the London-based wealth management consultancy Scorpio Partnership said London has become so attractive for well-heeled travelers that he is seeing growing interest from Americans relocating from New York to London.

The new arrivals have pushed the price of London's luxury homes beyond those in New York, making them the most expensive in the world.

Prime residential property in London now costs around $2,300 per square foot, compared to $1,900 in New York, according to CB Richard Ellis Hamptons International.

The arts scene is also flourishing.

London's Tate Modern museum is filled with cutting-edge contemporary art, making New York's Museum of Modern Art look a little old-fashioned by comparison. Even MOMA Director Glenn Lowry has warned that New York is in danger of losing its status as cultural capital of the world if it does not invest more in arts programs.

Ever since the emergence of Damien Hirst, Tracey Emin and the other headline-grabbing "Young British Artists" in the 1990s, London has been home to a vibrant arts scene that continues to spawn new talent. In just a few years, the graffiti artist Banksy has gone from stenciling walls and bridges around the city to selling work for tens of thousands of dollars to A-list clients, including Angelina Jolie.

The major galleries are booming. Tate Modern attracts 4 million visitors a year and has announced a $400 million expansion to double its exhibition space.

Overseas visitors made a record 30 million trips to the Britain last year despite the July 7 bombings in London. In contrast, Euromonitor International warned that the United States is losing substantial numbers of business and leisure travelers to Europe because of the stringent security measures it has imposed on international visitors since the 9/11 terrorist attacks that make visas harder to obtain.

London's rise has some key figures in New York worried.

A group of US. bankers, bosses, academics and investors under the banner of the Committee on capital Markets Regulation last week released a report lamenting the rise in regulatory compliance costs and calling for a reduction in red tape. Among the group's recommendations is a suggestion that the US. Securities and Exchange Commission rely on principles-based rules and guidance, rather than detailed prescriptive rules.

The New York Chamber of Commerce has held a series of "town hall meetings" and will publish another report next spring, while the city has hired consultants from McKinsey to develop a new strategy.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg joined Sen. Charles Schumer to pen an op-ed piece in The Wall Street Journal last month warning that New York could lose its position as the world's financial capital if steps aren't taken to reduce regulation.

The London Stock Exchange's popularity makes it a perennial takeover target for foreign exchanges. The LSE registered 78 initial public offerings by foreign corporations worth US$10.8 billion last year, while US. IPOs the same year numbered 34 worth just US$7 million — a large fall from the $41 billion worth in 1999.

"Unless we improve our corporate climate, we risk allowing New York to lose its pre-eminence in the global financial-services sector," Bloomberg and Schumer wrote. "This would be devastating both for our city and nation."

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 4:31pm On Dec 13, 2007
What exactly is your point?  That the UK is not like Nigeria with all this "turenchi" you typed up there? undecided

My friend go take a nap--you need it. Or should I say--time for some "tea"! kiss

You are making this thread boring!

At least your true intentions have come out. You really have some "beef" with the US. Like I said, let us know how we can help you out.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 4:32pm On Dec 13, 2007
grin

Some pics of my beautiful city. I hope they post! cool

Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 4:33pm On Dec 13, 2007
And some more!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by omoge(f): 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2007
@darfur,

na true Nigeria don Yamutu ofone smiley. Stingy UK is trying sha. Where is that bobo El sef?  cool

I have a question Elosela. why did you pick the ghetto to live when you could have come over my place in the dorms? eh eh ?  grin
oh you were broke. . . that's alright. Next time think of staying with me okay  wink then you go enjoy real life with no Train bugging ya sleep  cheesy
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2007
@Elo-Hell!

Great!  But all these are post cards nauuuuuuuuuuu! Now show us a picture of your own house in your beautiful city. tongue  I do not see any black people like you living in this beautiful city of yours.  Or are you guys in the kitchen or garden?

Why are you showing us only where Mama Charlie is living?  Or why are you showing us pictures mostly taken at night?  What are you hiding?  Show us your neighbourhood now---in broad daylight--so we can see that it is better than Harlem--my neighbourhood. cheesy

Fake Babe!---Show us your own house! Even the picture in your profile is fake. Are you not tired of 419?

Eliza Dolittle! grin
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by omoge(f): 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2007
with you in it grin no copy and paste lol.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by omoge(f): 4:38pm On Dec 13, 2007
EloSela:

grin

Some pics of my beautiful city. I hope they post! cool

why picture now? you wan make yahoo boys feel bad?
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 4:48pm On Dec 13, 2007
Just doing my bit for the travel section, shebi you like? grin cheesy

Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 4:57pm On Dec 13, 2007
omoge:

@darfur,

na true Nigeria don Yamutu ofone smiley. Stingy UK is trying sha. Where is that bobo El sef? cool

I have a question Elosela. why did you pick the ghetto to live when you could have come over my place in the dorms? eh eh ? grin
oh you were broke. . . that's alright. Next time think of staying with me okay wink then you go enjoy real life with no Train bugging ya sleep cheesy

That trip to America was a whirlwind one. We were just backpacking during uni sha and we visited many places in the US that we loved and even managed to go Canada and Mexico. Anyway by the time we got to Chicago money don finish so we had no choice. I know say if I get money I for enjoy Chicago so I wasn't dissing it just saying. If you got money to enjoy then really whether you are staying in the village without any electricity you can still enjoy. The stint in Chicago was still loads of fun anyway despite being dirt broke! lol
I have some pics of me in the US (but this is BIG UP LONDON-thread) but none of any me with any London landmarks. One tends to take stuff like that for granted when they live here.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 6:05pm On Dec 13, 2007
EloSela:

That trip to America was a whirlwind one. We were just backpacking during uni sha and we visited many places in the US that we loved and even managed to go Canada and Mexico. Anyway by the time we got to Chicago money don finish so we had no choice. I know say if I get money I for enjoy Chicago so I wasn't dissing it just saying. If you got money to enjoy then really whether you are staying in the village without any electricity you can still enjoy. The stint in

Chicago was still loads of fun anyway despite being dirt broke! lol
I have some pics of me in the US (but this is BIG UP LONDON-thread) but none of any me with any London landmarks. One tends to take stuff like that for granted when they live here.

Yeah right!  Typical faker story!  "Tend to take stuff for granted where you live"!!!!  See im mouth! cheesy  Typical Nigerian-na so so lie full una mouth!  You are in Sapele and have never left Nigeria.  Show us proof!  Lie lie!

You visted here and you visited there all in a "whirlwind" kind of a visit and could only afford to stay in ghettos in the US like you are used to in your UK. I wonder what time you had to go to school. Just shows you are visiting London for the first time and you are really getting carried away by being set free from the your Sapele habitat!

Keep lying, for we know you are another banned re-cycled member of Nairaland. We will soon know who your are! We understand the whole process! kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arik Air Management Addresses Fuel Scarcity Issue, Loses $9m / So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US / See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.