Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,362 members, 7,839,658 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? (10239 Views)

Poll: Is it?

Yes: 21% (7 votes)
No: 78% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: / Coming To The Uk: Is It Easier To Come To Uk As A Spouse Than As A Student? / Why Cant Benin Be More Like Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 1:18am On Dec 15, 2007
OUT OF CONTROL: AIDS IN BLACK AMERICA

Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEO4z4Y0cmw

Part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y_SZajd2lg&feature=related

It goes up to part 6

I de go, Have a good night folks! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Jackal(m): 1:23am On Dec 15, 2007
@ E-baby,

Of course . . .
Every country has got its own problems and headaches but i just dont like the way Nigerians bash UK and label it as shyte.
Why would any ninny wake and spew UK is just like Nigeria? On what grounds.
I am yet to see a single pot-hole on UK roads since i have been here . . . .Electricity, social security, basic amenities etc are all top draw.
U can sleep with all your eyes closed without thinking about mosquitoes and midnight marauders . . . . .
Its just nauseous when people spew via their butt-crack to bash the UK.

Anyways . . . .stop the beef with Elo-Sela.
Dont letz turn this into anutha Vietnam war or Basra showdown. grin
Meanwhile, how's life in the States?
When are u relocating to the UK? tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Ebaby2: 1:27am On Dec 15, 2007
LOL UK is not for me, I will rather stay in here grin grin
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 1:29am On Dec 15, 2007
@Jackal

Please, na play I follow um play. But then again I be Naija woman at heart too so if throw the first punch I go scatter u, cheesy Now play we dey do for here now no be so? grin

Tell her to lighten up sha and not take things too seriously. We are mere pixels hia grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Jackal(m): 1:32am On Dec 15, 2007
@ E-baby,

We shall drag u here whether u like it or not.
The only complain here is the cost of living which is well over the roof but then . . .its the 2nd most expensive city in the world.
As per the shopping aspect u mentioned earlier . . . .It depends where u do your shopping.
You can't go wrong going to Harrods/Selfridges apart from your pockets getting drained . . . .

The same GUCCI/PRADA/LV u see on Madison Avenue/Paris/Italy is the same with the one here . . . .The difference is the price.
So, its very true UK residents could get hysterical coming to the USA to shop ONLY because things are relatively cheaper in the US than the UK.
A pair of Timbz is $80 in the USA but its £120($240) here . . . . .Isn't that amazing?
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by scambater(m): 1:32am On Dec 15, 2007
This thread is up to six pages long, what a pile of dog dropping if you ask me. Elo sela you really know how to get people going.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Ebaby2: 1:45am On Dec 15, 2007
Jackal:

@ E-baby,

We shall drag u here whether u like it or not.
The only complain here is the cost of living which is well over the roof but then . . .its the 2nd most expensive city in the world.
As per the shopping aspect u mentioned earlier . . . .It depends where u do your shopping.
You can't go wrong going to Harrods/Selfridges apart from your pockets getting drained . . . .

The same GUCCI/PRADA/LV u see on Madison Avenue/Paris/Italy is the same with the one here . . . .The difference is the price.
So, its very true UK residents could get hysterical coming to the USA to shop ONLY because things are relatively cheaper in the US than the UK.
A pair of Timbz is $80 in the USA but its £120($240) here . . . . .Isn't that amazing?
na wa oooooo who said Timberland are $80 grin grin grin those are the fake ones jare

Well yea to expensive grin grin angry angry, you see why i can't live there

Dollars has not value unlike before
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Jackal(m): 2:09am On Dec 15, 2007
@ E-baby,

U sound like a rich girl so come to the UK.
Honestly, Timbz(authentic) go as low as $80-$100 in the USA and thats just astounding compared to what we pay for it here.£
UK rocks if u know how to go about it . . . .
I mean, the minimum wage here is £5.50 per hr and the highest in America is about $8(£4)!!!!!!!!!!!!
It means i dont have to work 4 jobs like most peops do in America to make ends meet grin grin grin grin
So cousin, how many jobs do u work in a week? tongue tongue tongue
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Ebaby2: 2:27am On Dec 15, 2007
Rich nah but we live comfortable

I don't have a job ohhhh embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed, but will get one after returning back from vacation since am running out of money grin grin grin
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Jackal(m): 2:36am On Dec 15, 2007
@ E-baby,

Thats what we are talking about.
The UK will actually take care of your pockets if u move over.
A Russian woman was here some weeks ago because she was having complications with her unborn babies . . .
Russia couldn't handle the kizzack so they sent her down to the UK and she had QUINTUPLETS.
Meanwhile, If she was residing in UK . . . .Her benefits would have worked out up to £8000($16,000) a week PLUS a 6 bedroom house!! cheesy

Thats social security at the very best . . . . .Do people get paid like that in the States? tongue
Why not move over, marry here and PRAY FERVENTLY u deliver QUINTUPLETS. shocked shocked shocked shocked
In that way, u wont have to ever worry again about working . . .
Thats about $800,000 dollars a year . . . . I am not sure your George Bush earns as much as that. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by rikkyjen(m): 2:54am On Dec 15, 2007
Jackal:

@ E-baby,

Thats what we are talking about.
The UK will actually take care of your pockets if u move over.
A Russian woman was here some weeks ago because she was having complications with her unborn babies . . .
Russia couldn't handle the kizzack so they sent her down her and she had QUINTUPLETS.
Meanwhile, If she was residing in UK . . . .Her benefits would have worked out up to £8000($16,000) a week PLUS a 6 bedroom house!! cheesy

Thats social security at the very best . . . . .Do people get paid like that in the States? tongue
Why not move over, marry here and PRAY FERVENTLY u deliver QUINTUPLETS. shocked shocked shocked shocked
In that way, u wont have to ever worry again about working . . .
Thats about $800,000 dollars a year . . . . I am not sure your George Bush earns as much as that. tongue tongue tongue tongue

@ Le chacal, are you forgetting we are over 300 Million in the US of A?
Me Negro, no matter what Y'all still say, America is still the only Hyper-power in the world.

@ Hymen shocked cheesy grin Iman
I hope my above assertion wont derail this thread to a political one. Nywayz, I know have got Davidylan at my back on this one cos of his @ss lives in Rochester!. Bring it on grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Ebaby2: 3:02am On Dec 15, 2007
will u will pay my bills if i move to UK tongue tongue, am a freeloader just to let you know cheesy cheesy

Na wa ooooooo am going to UK to have my babies ahah free money grin grin

Well American does not give people money they rather give out WIC check( is money to buy food for the babies)
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Iman3(m): 3:05am On Dec 15, 2007
@rikkyjen

The Rochester Warrior has suffered a nervous breakdown due to the impending visit by of Ze Blues to the Emirates.Can't see him coming online unless in another guise.

So what if you are 300m? We are talking of relative standard of living.

What the f*ck are you doing following  "soccer" anyway?Don't you have better sports to watch like NASCAR,Major League Doping. . .  sorry Major League Baseball.Leave the "Beautiful Game" to UK residents
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by aloib(f): 3:15am On Dec 15, 2007
chei, wer did i stop reading sef, na wah o. seee arguements
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Jackal(m): 3:19am On Dec 15, 2007
@ E-baby,

Your babies will eventually make u rich when u move over. wink wink
Freeloader . . . .We shall send u to DWS . . . .They will sort u out.

@ Rikkyjen,

Stick to your NHL and NFL or just stay glued to JERRY SPRINGER SHOWS. shocked shocked
300 million has nuthing to do with this issue . . .Didn't y'all figure that out when u was shooting indians n mexicans and taking their lands?
Its about the standard of living . . . .Americans are poor . . . .PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ I-man.

You aiight?
What are u doing staying up this late?
Insomnia or pre-match tension syndrome?
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Iman3(m): 3:28am On Dec 15, 2007
@Jackal

I am sleep typing!!!!!This is what you get when you reach the highest level of enlightement through Zen Buddhism.You can type and read while sleeping.

I heard Scholesy will be back by the end of January.The Neviller will soon be back.

What are u doing so late?Sleep typing?
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Jackal(m): 3:34am On Dec 15, 2007
@ I-man,

I am tying up loose ends on ma stock bonds. grin grin grin grin
Besides, i am playing catch-up with PRISON BREAK 3(Panama Fuckery) cheesy cheesy
Scholesy's return is great news. . . JS Park will also join by 1st of January while our rivals will lose players to AFCON.
All i need is 3 points on sunday. . . . I dont care how Ferguson nicks it.
Heard he got slapped with 2 touchline bans. . . . . Seems the FA are pussy-footing.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:18am On Dec 15, 2007
:-x
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by mrpataki(m): 9:14am On Dec 15, 2007
From travel to Sports shocked shocked Buncha manscummies cheesy
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by sscollins: 10:03pm On Dec 15, 2007
I'm half Nigerian, I have never been there so its hard to say if its like England. But I'm half english and I work every now and again in the USA. And for me England, despite its bad points, is so much better, British food is not great but american food is terrible!

But one thing is clear - the english are more equal when it comes to race, the americans still struggle a lot with it. Don't ever forget that the USA had apartied style segregation and opression within living memory

Black-White segregation is declining fairly consistently for most metropolitan areas in the US. Despite these pervasive patterns, many changes for individual areas are small.[13] Thirty years after the civil rights era, the United States remains a residentially segregated society in which Blacks and Whites inhabit different neighborhoods of vastly different quality.[14][15]

Redlining is the practice of denying or increasing the cost of services, such as banking, insurance, access to jobs,[16] access to health care,[17] or even supermarkets[18] to residents in certain, often racially determined,[19] areas. The most devastating form of redlining, and the most common use of the term, refers to mortgage discrimination

Dan Immergluck writes that in 2002 small businesses in black neighborhoods still received fewer loans, even after accounting for businesses density, businesses size, industrial mix, neighborhood income, and the credit quality of local businesses.[20] Gregory D. Squires wrote in 2003 that it is clear that race has long affected and continues to affect the policies and practices of the insurance industry.[21] Workers living in American inner-cities have a harder time finding jobs than suburban workers.[22]

The desire of many whites to avoid having their children attend integrated schools has been a factor in white flight to the suburbs.[23] Recent studies in San Francisco showed that groups of homeowners tended to self-segregate in order to be with people of the same education level and race. [24] By 1990, the legal barriers enforcing segregation had been mostly replaced by decentralized racism, where whites pay more than blacks to live in predominantly white areas.[25] Today, many whites are willing, and are able, to pay a premium to live in a predominantly white neighborhood. Equivalent housing in white areas commands a higher rent.[26] By bidding up the price of housing, many white neighborhoods again effectively shut out blacks, because blacks are unwilling, or unable, to pay the premium to buy entry into white neighborhoods. Through the 1990s, residential segregation remained at its extreme and has been called "hypersegregation" by some sociologists or "American Apartheid"[27]

In February 2005 U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Johnson v. California (125 S. Ct. 1141) that the California Department of Corrections' unwritten practice of racially segregating prisoners in its prison reception centers — which California claimed was for inmate safety (gangs in California, as throughout the U.S., usually organize on racial lines)— is to be subject to strict scrutiny, the highest level of constitutional review.

Not all racial segregation laws have been repealed in the United States, although Supreme Court rulings have rendered them unenforceable and illegal to carry out. For instance, the Alabama Constitution still mandates that Separate schools shall be provided for white and colored children, and no child of either race shall be permitted to attend a school of the other race.[5] A proposal to repeal this provision was narrowly defeated in 2004.

Land of the free? don't believe it. England is a free nation (for now)
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Dreloaded(f): 10:05pm On Dec 15, 2007
ss_collins:

I'm, British food is not great but american food is terrible!

This has got to be a joke. I have nothing against the UK unlike the others but to even say your food is better is just hilarious

Here's a Tip: STOP PUTTING BAKED BEANS ON EVERYTHING. IT'S GROSS.

/End rant.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by sscollins: 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2007
I'm not getting drawn into a food fight (despite it sounding fun) as I already said british food isn't great, but last time I was in the states I was desperate to get on the plane home just for the food!

Beans? thats very working class.

Best food in the world? Japan - everything there seems to taste good.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 8:15am On Dec 16, 2007
Siena:

This thread has really gotten interesting!

The UK versus US debate, hmmm. I'd say it all depends on what suits your current circumstances. One could live in Nigeria, and actually prefer that to living in either the UK ornthe US! All a matter of choice.

Where are my 2 favourite, warring ladies? Love them!

Elo and Militia, hmmm . . . mmm . . .

he he he he he he! Babeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! cheesy One of us will soon quench on this thread! cheesy Hope you have made funeral arrangements in "Brixton"!!!! tongue
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 8:41am On Dec 16, 2007
God Save Our King George Bush!

Please oh!  You wretched Brits should ask the House of Commons over there to help refund your money for the HSMP visas you all are struggling to get over there.  You are making noise here while you are being colonized all over again in that dreary grey Uk of yours.  The only reason most of you are so vexed is because--you can never rise above what you currently are in the UK---a bunch of snow shovellers! grin---Ugly people!  Please go and get braces for your teeth that shatters all "tumblers"!!!!!!

Talking about Iraq, only 50 soldiers you have in Basrah and we will not hear word?  You cowards keep pulling out and running like the lazy colonialists you are.  When the heat of battle beckons you all are hiding in Iraqi pubs in drunken stupor and you say you doing what in Basrah? shocked Who sent you dummies into Iraq in the first place?  Is it not our King---GWB--you slaves of America!  There is nothing you guys know how to do that gets recognition.  When a yankeenized Nigerian arrives in Nigeria--with accolades of course--you guys are just like the airport orderlies in Nigeria despite the fact we arrived on the same flight.  You guys still look like you are from Otta Farms!  Except for your ever draining sinuses with chronic rhinitis--from cold weather--with two sticks of Vicks Vapor sticking out of your nostril--no one will ever belief that you are not from Eko Bridge!!! cheesy  We on the other hand arrive in style---smelling and looking every bit Yankee! Dirty people!

Most of you still use your "Ghana must Go" bags you used in carrying stock fish from Nigeria to your UK!  Most of you remain unmarried for over 20 years till one old diaper wearing woman or man pities your sorry behinds!  419 people!!! grin  Return Ibori's loot--awon Oles!

D-reloaded:

This has got to be a joke. I have nothing against the UK unlike the others but to even say your food is better is just hilarious

Here's a Tip: STOP PUTTING BAKED BEANS ON EVERYTHING. IT'S GROSS.

End rant.

Tell me about it!!! IN-I-NNIT!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin  I say the food is so horrible that I have to be on some serious laxatives for about a month to empty the poison those mad cow disease breeders sell in restaurants and grocery stores!

Please stay in the UK!!!! We do not want lazy colonial--snow shovelling goons polluting our interstate highways and malls with shitty graffiti smears ok? We do not want to have anything to do with your colonial mentality--You are not welcome here.  The only place we expect to see you is in Iraq!  Lazy "ODU"  oafs!!!!!
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Dreloaded(f): 8:48am On Dec 16, 2007
ss_collins:

Beans? thats very working class.

Not really. Baked Beans is popular in homeless shelters and soup kitchens aka white trash food.

Not that I hate beans or anything but adding it to everything is sheer madness.

Spotted Dick anyone? cheesy
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 8:53am On Dec 16, 2007
E-baby:

will u will pay my bills if i move to UK tongue tongue, am a freeloader just to let you know cheesy cheesy

[b]Na wa ooooooo am going to UK to have my babies ahah free money ;[/b]D grin

Well American does not give people money they rather give out WIC check( is money to buy food for the babies)

Please do not even try it.  That so called free health care is for the birds!  The hospitals are just like those in Nigeria--cemetaries!  One of my darling sisters in law has had her children there--but also had one of her babies here in the US. She almost lost her life twice with the shitty care she received--twice I say!!!-----Those dirty pigs that do not bathe almost infected her with all kinds of nosocomial germs she did not go in there with in the first place. When taking a bath is a taboo!!!!  She never forgets the care she got over here. She always says--there is no place like America!!!!!  We do not cut corners for health care over here--while you pinch pennies and hold corpses hostage--till you have collected every penny!!!  STINGY LONDON FOGGERS!!!! grin

Talking about AIDS in US?---Don't even start.  Treat your Mad Cow Disease first--before you talk of AIDS and drugs!  Your kids over there are not on drugs? shocked  Yet as soon as they open their mouths with their rabbit teeth--that soccer crazed hooligan accent--shows how retarded they are. At least your baby mama drama is worse than we have here with all those strollers we see on the Buses and tube stations! cheesy

I say stay over there--for we do not want to see any of you over here!!!!!  Lazy colonial mental drones!!!!! wink
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 8:59am On Dec 16, 2007
D-reloaded:

Not really. Baked Beans is popular in homeless shelters and soup kitchens aka white trash food.

Not that I hate beans or anything but adding it to everything is sheer madness.

Spotted Dick anyone? cheesy

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! With freckles too! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by almondjoy(f): 10:14am On Dec 16, 2007
[size=20Pt]Beasts of England [/size]

Beasts of England, beasts of Ireland,UK
Beasts of evert land and clime,
Hearken to my joyful tidings
Of the golden future time.

Soon or late the day is comming,
Tyrant Man shall be o'erthrown,
And the fruitful fields of England
Shall be trod by beasts alone.

Rings shall vanish from our noses,
And the harness from our back,
Bit and spur shall rust forever,
Cruel whips no more shall crack.

Riches more than mind can picture,
Wheat and barley, oats and hay,
Clover, beans, and mangel-wurzles
Shall be ours upon that day.

Bright will shine the fields of England,
Purer shall its waters be,
Sweeter yet shall blow its breezes
On the day that sets us free.

For that day we all must labour,
Though we die before it break;
Cows and horses, geese and turkeys,
All must toil for freedom's sake.

Beasts of England, beasts of Ireland,UK
Beasts of evert land and clime,
Hearken to my joyful tidings
Of the golden future time.

cool

[size=20pt] UNA BE REAL BEASTS!!!!! [/size]  cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin 

For the longest time--you have been known as beasts in history!  Colonial oppressive Beasts---even oppressing yourselves!

[size=20Pt] AWON ANIMAL FARM!!!! [/size]  Change for the better--Mad Cows!!!!!
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Ebaby2: 12:07am On Dec 19, 2007
@almondjoy

I was joking about having babies in UK, was just teasing and pull jackal legs cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, but all the same you are so silly with your comments
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by eldee(m): 8:54pm On Dec 23, 2007
This is not a beefing matter, I don't give a f**k bout Gordon Brown or Cameron. . . it's really simple for me, The UK is a place where you can retire on benefits. Take a look at this simple scenario:
When I was bout 16, I was getting EMA's(Education Mainenance Allowance) : £30 weekly
Reason: Attending classes regularly

EMA Bonus: £200 per term
Reason: Getting average results

At 18, I settled for Job-seekers Allowance: £80 weekly
Reason: I was working under 19hrs per week

My School fees from High School to College: Free
Reason: Dunno but I just earn cash by going to school.

University Fees: £3000 but you choose if u want to pay now or till after schooling.

My office assistant job pays £10 per hr just for smiling at people that come in and typing emails.

Why would I go and work my ass off n some 'God's own country'

For goodness sake girls get paid not to have safe sex, why would I care bout them dudes in Iraq when I could easily get a minimum of £6 an hour working in Emirates when I need urgent cash. 

Bout the food what american food do you want to compare to the famous british-breakfast. With the dozens of chinese and african restaurants here i don't see any reason why you'll be forced to eat anything u don't like.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by toshmann(m): 10:17pm On Dec 23, 2007
the UK treats its citi2ens better than the US does for its own. even as a foreigner, i was able to go to college in wales free cheesy free men, just by telling them i cant pay, the asked me to enrol and pay when i could. bros na so i take graduate from college grin grin grin

my british classmates were paid for attending classes shocked just for attending classes.

girls are paid for being pregnant
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by DisGuy: 3:27am On Dec 24, 2007
Five US citizen claim Asylum in the UK

Five US citizens are living off benefits in Britain as they try to claim asylum.

The extraordinary situation was revealed by a whistleblower today who claims it shows just what a easy target the UK has become.

Rory Clarke, 34, says he believes only five per cent of asylum seekers are genuine. But those waiting for applications to be processed get immediate free healthcare, free accommodation and £35 a week in benefits.

And when applications are turned down - the five Americans will almost certainly be rejected - they can immediately ask for legal aid to fight their appeal.

Mr Clarke says he was so shocked by abuses of the system that he resigned from his job at the Government's National Asylum Support Service.

He said: "Britain is seen as such a soft touch that poor people from countries such as America are even coming here now.

"A couple of years ago I met two black guys from the States who were over here because they thought they could get a better standard of living. One was from Ohio and the other from Kansas.

"They claimed asylum because they said they were racially discriminated against at home. But they freely admitted they were here for the healthcare and accommodation. It is an absolute joke. They could have been there for up to five years before their application was processed."

Daily Mail
dang man must survive!
awoof no get nationality grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arik Air Management Addresses Fuel Scarcity Issue, Loses $9m / So Many Young Men in Nigeria Planning to go to the US / See The "World's Richest" Tribe - And It's African! (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.