Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,917 members, 7,863,224 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:22 PM

1000angstroms's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1000angstroms's Profile / 1000angstroms's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (of 19 pages)

Phones / Re: Does Small Generator Damage Your Phone's Battery? by 1000angstroms(m): 3:57pm On Jul 06, 2019
GraGra247:

Mr know it all, nobody asked about faulty generators. The topic is directed at well functioning tiger generators.

Please tell us why tiger generators in their best function still damage appliances, chargers and batteries.
Then am putting it to you that a well functioning tiger generator will not and cannot harm your battery.
Phones / Re: Does Small Generator Damage Your Phone's Battery? by 1000angstroms(m): 2:13pm On Jul 06, 2019
GraGra247:

Mr know it all, You're yet to explained why tiger generators have destroyed countless appliances, batteries and chargers.
Did you just decide to ignore one of my reasons of most Nigerians that have poor maintenance culture, if you don't maintain your generator, it will damage your devices and like I said, if your generator is faulty, it might supply an unacceptable voltage to your charger, sometimes the transformers and diodes will survive but filtering capacitors will burn out meaning your phone is getting an unfiltered dc current, in this case your battery and phone will suffer but most recent modern phones do have smart circuits to detect this failure in the charger and will cut off charging to save your phone.
Phones / Re: Does Small Generator Damage Your Phone's Battery? by 1000angstroms(m): 2:08pm On Jul 06, 2019
femi4:
The standard measurement is in Kva or KW

And its "Watts" not "Wats"

Electric current is measured in "Amperes " while the voltage across is measured in "Volts"

Finally, about no9....you cannot use an input charger of 110v in a 220v socket outlet without a step up transformer, it will blow the charger
He is correct, most phone chargers accept 100 - 220 or 240 v AC to give output of 5V 1A 2A DC. Meaning your phone will still charge at 110 v as the transformers they have are auto transformer resembling the olden days multiple tapped transformers
Phones / Re: Does Small Generator Damage Your Phone's Battery? by 1000angstroms(m): 2:00pm On Jul 06, 2019
GraGra247:

Mr know it all, please how do you explain the countless incidents of people that got their batteries, chargers and devices damaged by the singular use of tiger generators.

Since everyone else is ignorant and you are not, please kindly show us. While at it also prove to us that there is no difference between pure sine wave and modified sine wave.

Even highly advanced scientists are humble enough to admit that sometimes they get it wrong.
how can I admit that am wrong when am not, how many of them have you witnessed that got damaged by tiger generator? When you don't use the manufacturers prescribed charger to charge your phone and still want your battery to survive? When you don't service your generator that it gives your charger a voltage higher than it can accept and that makes the inrush current too high causing too much heat for your battery to deteriorate or charging your phone and using it at same time that heats up your phone, phone battery and heat are sworn enermies and that is the major culprit and not the generator, except you have a substandard phone that has a substandard battery so magic is bound to happen. Am authoritatively speaking from electrical engineering theory that your generator has got nothing to do with your battery based on the context of size as you lots hypothesize, it is sheer ignorance to make such claims period, it is same synchronous machine used as alternator in kainji dam to produce electricity that is used in tiger generators, so I don't know how their electricity will differ.
Politics / Re: We Will Support Cattle With Water Pipelines For Cows To Drink-governor Wike by 1000angstroms(m): 1:42pm On Jul 06, 2019
Intellectual201:
What about sabon gari in the north. Why are some people intellectually lazy. People should please research sabon gari and have an informed view on this issue.
does the people in sabon gari wander about killing, raping and maiming others, the people in sabon gari bought the lands, or are on rent so what resemblance has sabon gari and the dubious ruga or are you just daft that you don't know how to make a simple argument of comparison?

1 Like

Politics / Re: We Will Support Cattle With Water Pipelines For Cows To Drink-governor Wike by 1000angstroms(m): 1:26pm On Jul 06, 2019
thaoriginator:
You rasclaats have no opinion here. We make the final decision anywhere. We own y'all.
You never own your imbecilic self well, you are owing others. Carry your mumu idiotic cattle come, we are waiting.
All these bragging fooolanis do, if not for government intervention, you guys are bunch of wandering, homeless bastards that are destitutes, without the government backing you, if any fight sets between you and we, oga we go clear una within ordinary 3 days, you are all cowards, if you kill don't run like a fool that you guys are, but Las Las this time around, this is what we've been praying for, even federal government go tire this time around, we will surprise you guys and wipe you guys out and the remaining will run back to whatever abyss hell of Africa you migrated from. Remember if not for hausas who are even tired of you guys, you are a minority animalistic tribe with no value to the country except death, bad luck and misfortune, of course, no one is expecting much from parasites.

2 Likes

Phones / Re: Does Small Generator Damage Your Phone's Battery? by 1000angstroms(m): 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2019
lordskid:

There's your answer, Op
What do you mean by irregular flow of current? Is AC current suppose to be steady? Tiger or small generator has noting to do with your battery. Google how the phone charger works and read it up so as to be well informed and stop spreading ignorance.
Phones / Re: Does Small Generator Damage Your Phone's Battery? by 1000angstroms(m): 1:00pm On Jul 06, 2019
GraGra247:

It damages both laptop and phone batteries, charger and sometimes components.

Proven by thousands. Ask a phone repair professional.

The culprit is the irregular flow of fluctuating current from the tiger gen.
Oga stop displaying and preaching ignorance, which phone engineers? The ones who never saw the four walls of any electrical engineering classroom?
Size of generator will not affect your battery except your phone or laptop charger or the phone is faulty.
AC power from mains supply socket at 220v gets into the charger, no matter how much harmonics accompanying the fundamental frequency, the stepdown transformer converts it down to either 12v or less which is still AC power, the diodes which may be configured in half bridge or full bridge will convert it to DC but this DC still fluctuates because diodes allow electricity flow only in one direction, your charger will now use capacitors and sometimes inductors but they are obsolete now to filter the fluctuating DC, the capacitors filter the DC by charging at one cycle when the diode is conducting and discharging at the point when the diode ain't conducting thereby ensuring the DC voltage and current has definite or clipped amplitude. This good DC electricity is now passed through a regulator of 5v that produces pure DC for your phone to charge. This is how it happens even if you use an inverter that produces square wave. Generator has got noting to do with your battery.
Your battery will get bad when you are using it while charging it because of heat and you shaking the cord input to the charging port that Sparks.
Be guided.

2 Likes 1 Share

Religion / Re: Pastor Adeboye Speaks On Biodun Fatoyinbo, COZA Rape Allegation (Video) by 1000angstroms(m): 12:29pm On Jul 06, 2019
chuose2:
Amazing that Adeboye said, "Your sin will find you out"
and "Nothing Hidden that wont be known"

This same Adeboye has been exposed to be a Freemason.!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_7RflrL2nk

So no surprise that Adeboye will never condemn Biodun Fatoyinbo.

Biodun Fatoyinbo himself is a freemason.

Here are 4 proofs that Biodun Fatoyinbo is a freemason.

1] This is Biodun on the left and 2 Freemasons on the right, same sign (thanks to sender)

2] The god of Biodun Fatoyinbo is satan, thats why he can be seen here flashing the devils horns

3] Biodun Fatoyinbo is boldly flashing 666, the number of the devil just to show he worships satan

AND

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9731245_561954920170708214708jpeg91caaa6768cb90ea513cd78d394dd22d_jpegce62bb373976d74cdabd119ae3947489

4] The logo of COZA is a Pyramid, with light coming from the east, just like in Freemasonry.
Why will a church logo be a Pyramid?

Your joblessness have made you a retard and a nymphomaniac.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Pastor Adeboye Speaks On Biodun Fatoyinbo, COZA Rape Allegation (Video) by 1000angstroms(m): 12:27pm On Jul 06, 2019
sKeetz:

I don't think we watched the same video.
I feel he is correct, baba said if a woman accuses you of anything that no one will listen to you, that everyone will be interested in the woman's story meaning that maybe the coza man maybe falsely accused but no one wants to hear his story.

1 Like 1 Share

Celebrities / Re: Bello Muhammad Cut His Hair For Buhari (Photos) by 1000angstroms(m): 12:13pm On Jul 06, 2019
You were offered money to cut your hair...
Infact it's your hair, hence, your business

1 Like

Politics / Re: Ihedioha Halts Creation Of 50 New Communities By Okorocha by 1000angstroms(m): 4:39pm On Jul 05, 2019
Cherrybae:
Useless and occultic mbaise man with no clue about governance

Ndi Imo have entered one chance.

See what Igbos have caused to Ndi zimo
You are the ugliest lady I've even seen in this life. Tufia.
Celebrities / Re: Why I Got Married To Adekunle Gold - Simi by 1000angstroms(m): 6:46am On Jun 28, 2019
tfelicityk:
Congratulations to her.
At least she has her own reasons for getting married.

May God her union more same way He blessed mine.
What is that you wrote up there bro?
Crime / Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by 1000angstroms(m): 2:46pm On Jun 22, 2019
osaroosei:
drop your cappa digit
I've been seeing all your hyperventilation, and can only conclude that you are a wenkule lord if not an outright dead ass impersonating lubber.
Why not calm down, we are preaching no to cultism and you are busy brandishing stupidity.

42 Likes

Science/Technology / Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by 1000angstroms(m): 12:07pm On Jun 22, 2019
VRDroid:

The EMF/RF radiation from Telephone towers are pulsated on the diverse frequency spectrum. And cancer cells vibrate and are activated at 20,000 Hz. There are other radiation disadvantages like stress signals in the environment, migraine headaches and even demonic attacks based on exposure to harmonics which synchronizes the with the brainwaves leading to sympathetic harmonics, and sometimes when the brainwaves are synced to certain frequencies, portals are opened and closed for interdimensional entities to pass through. Each vibration has its tone, and each tone creates the corresponding effect and materializes them in the presence of spirit.

Telephone mast might be very advantageous to our civilization as species, but it not advisable to live near one permanently, if you must live near a telephone mast, then you have to design a faraday cage to insulate yourself from the radiation from the different frequency systems that are hooked to the mast by different companies who do not really care about your health.

My answer is NO DEAL.

But if you believe that your life is worth less than 10m naira, then you can ahead and sell our life for the money, cos eventually, you will know that it is not worth it. But if you can take the money and buy someplace else to live in, it could be a good business. You can actually make your home a faraday cage and insulate your rooms against radiation.

Do not take advise from the very many ignorant people on this forum. The majority is not always right, especially if the majority are as ignorant as most Nigerians are about Science and Technology.
All these children that watch too much SciFi movies and don't make any reasonable research to prove the correctness of what ever image they've painted in their heads, this is exactly how they write.
Science/Technology / Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by 1000angstroms(m): 12:04pm On Jun 22, 2019
SultanOfAbia:
DO NOT ALLOW THEM I REPEAT DO NOT!!!
THOSE TELE TOWERS EMITS ELECTROMAGNETIC FREQUENCY RADIATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO CAUSE CANCER.. YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD IS AT HIGH RISK IN THE LONG RUN YOU WILL SOON SEE HOW SICK PEOPLE WILL BE... EVEN SOVIET MILITARY USED EMF RADIATION AS COLD WAR ESPIONAGE WEAPON USED AGAINST THE US AMBASSADOR WHICH RESULTED IN HIS DEATH BY CANCER.. GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND DO YOUR REASEARCH YOU WILL SEE HOW DANGEROUS IT IS TO LIVE CLOSE TO THOSE TELECAST TOWERS
Shut up all this uninformed educated illiterates that spread wrong information. Do you even know what is an electromagnetic radiation or you just want to hear your voice? Is it gamma rays that the mast is producing? If it were hazardous, no one would even be allowed to mount any mast anywhere and the ones you pass on the road should have killed you by now.
You should throw away your phone also because it is emitting electromagnetic radiation kwa.

1 Like

Phones / Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 10:36am On Jun 21, 2019
OluwaseunBanjo:
I was shocked yesterday that glo 4G work on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime. It works very well. Do glo have another band apart from band 28? This my Xiaomi do not support glo band 28? How did it work?
Did water enter the top side of your phone?
Phones / Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 8:16am On Jun 21, 2019
I got the dark mode after this little update this morning.
Redmi 6 pro (Sakura)

2 Likes

Phones / Re: Infinix Smart 3 Plus Unveiling And Specifications by 1000angstroms(m): 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2019
Mediatek?
Jump and pass

1 Like

Phones / Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 12:57pm On Jun 17, 2019
Most good themes, wallpapers and fonts I need, you'll need mi credits which requires you have WeChat or so which up to now I don't understand. Is there a way to convert naira straight to mi credit or how can one get all those themes and fonts that have mi credits attached to them.
Phones / Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 5:24am On Jun 17, 2019
kenomobola:

I hope so, but I seriously doubt it. I believe the mobile network operators can help in resolving these theft issues, if they want to, probably by blacklisting stolen phones on their networks. Also we should have legislation to criminalise altering a phone's IMEI.
Altering imei was made possible by mediatek, that is going to be hard to control but the line of xiaomi in such a way that no matter how you flash the phone, it must still ask for password. The phone is as useless to the thief who can't have access to it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Crime / Re: Nigerians Arrested In Raid By Malaysian Immigration Officers by 1000angstroms(m): 5:18am On Jun 17, 2019
Destroyerofyeeb:
Eeyah, so shukudi and shukuka will be sent back to ohafia and nnewi after promising to develop Malaysia..chaii
Hahahahahaha you are a clown! Chukwudi and chukwuka not that funny thing you spelt there.
Phones / Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 4:45am On Jun 17, 2019
kenomobola:

Sorry for losing your phones like that, it is painful. However, please do as 2Kurupt said, report those animals, don't unwittingly become a benefactor to a bunch of disgusting people. If they steal from you once, they can steal from you twice, if you keep quiet.
I read in the news yesterday one police pro saying that anyone who buys stolen phone risks 7 years in jail meaning the police may have upgraded their stolen phone recovery methods. So he should go to the police.

1 Like

Pets / Re: Dog Trainers Only. Follow The Link To Join Whatsapp Group by 1000angstroms(m): 6:05pm On Jun 14, 2019
Link not working.
I have an almost 5 months old gsd that is becoming untrainable so will need help.
Technology Market / Re: SWIFT DATA AND AIRTIME DEALS by 1000angstroms(m): 1:08am On Jun 13, 2019
This guy is real legit, did business with him yesterday.

1 Like

Phones / Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 10:21am On Jun 12, 2019
gwkid:

Bro that is an edge theme right?, which third party themer app are you using for your 6Pro
My themer but I downloaded the theme am using now from the official theme app
Phones / Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 7:23pm On Jun 11, 2019
donprosper6:

Which phone?
Redmi 6 pro
Phones / Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 1:54pm On Jun 11, 2019
donprosper6:

Okay... Will I get Android 9.0 after the update or just miui 10?
I got MIUI 10 as android 8 and MIUI 10.x as Android 9
Phones / Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 5:13pm On Jun 10, 2019
donprosper6:

My phone is still a virgin.. can I get the update even when I'm not connected to wifi
Just give it time
Phones / Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 5:13pm On Jun 10, 2019
donprosper6:

My phone is still a virgin.. can I get the update even when I'm not connected to wifi
I was getting updates with normal network
Phones / Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 9:22am On Jun 10, 2019
ddaaxce:

I use a Chinese redmi note 4x with global rom on my phone. You will only hard brick it when you don't do it properly
Most of these our guys are not tech savvy and will surely mess up in the process, older models might work but recent xiaomi models have strict protection. You can read it up in their forums.

1 Like

Phones / Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 9:13am On Jun 10, 2019
ddaaxce:

Chinese version but u can update to the global rom if it comes with the chinese version. It will convert the phone to the global version
Don't follow that advice, you will hard brick your phone forever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (of 19 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.