Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,155 members, 7,953,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:57 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. (19377 Views)

Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by Maximus85(m): 7:53am On Aug 17, 2012
Let me put an end to this issue concerning the prediction of the end to this system of things.
[b]YES! In 1925/1975 the GB did PREDICTED based on the situation of things at that period which are very similar to the signs that Jesus told his disciples to watchout for.
They predicted but DID NOT FIX A SPECIFIC DATE. So it will be unjust to castigate the GB for predicting. They came out to apologise. We are not God, we are just IMPERFECT HUMANS, WE ARE IN NO WAY PERFECT. Please let agree it was a mistake to had put people in fear at that time. It wasnt meant to be that way. But there were daunting evidences at that period.

So let us put this issue behind us all forge ahead.
SATAN WILL TRY ALL HE COULD TO PREVENT US FROM KNOWING THE TRUTH, knowing that that truth will set us all free from his lies.
Remember he said Adam and Eve won't die if they eat the fruit? But they did died, Satan lied. To back up this lie, he said a part of a man still lives after death. Which part of Adam and Eve lived after they died? This is another lie. He also said Adam and Eve will be like God, did they become like God? NO, He lied again. He is doing all he could to back his lies.
He was saying that we dont need God to survive, that he can rule humans better than our God. God been a God of Justice is allowing him to prove himself. If God had destroyed him instantly, some angels in heaven might feel that GOD is trying to hide something, so God allowed him. And this is how satan wants to rule us better with, Hunger, War, Hatered, Diseases, Terrorism etc, God had far better plan for us, he had wanted us to live in that garden of Eden forever before satan misled our ancestors Adam and Eve. But God has promised us that if we can be patient, following his commandments till the end of this system of things, he will return us to that beautiful and peaceful condition he had planned for us in the beginning.
THIS IS WHAT WE THE JWS BELIEVE IN. Let us learn more of these in the Bible. We are not saying you must join us, but we'd love to share our views and beliefs with you.[/b]
Your Questions will be answered.
Thanks.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 9:04am On Aug 17, 2012
Maximus85: Let me put an end to this issue concerning the prediction of the end to this system of things.
[b]YES! In 1925/1975 the GB did PREDICTED based on the situation of things at that period which are very similar to the signs that Jesus told his disciples to watchout for.
They predicted but DID NOT FIX A SPECIFIC DATE. So it will be unjust to castigate the GB for predicting. They came out to apologise. We are not God, we are just IMPERFECT HUMANS, WE ARE IN NO WAY PERFECT. Please let agree it was a mistake to had put people in fear at that time. It wasnt meant to be that way. But there were daunting evidences at that period.

SATAN WILL TRY ALL HE COULD TO PREVENT US FROM KNOWING THE TRUTH, knowing that that truth will set us all free from his lies.
Remember he said Adam and Eve won't die if they eat the fruit? But they did died, Satan lied. To back up this lie, he said a part of a man still lives after death. Which part of Adam and Eve lived after they died? This is another lie. He also said Adam and Eve will be like God, did they become like God? NO, He lied again. He is doing all he could to back his lies.
He was saying that we dont need God to survive, that he can rule humans better than our God. God been a God of Justice is allowing him to prove himself. If God had destroyed him instantly, some angels in heaven might feel that GOD is trying to hide something, so God allowed him. And this is how satan wants to rule us better with, Hunger, War, Hatered, Diseases, Terrorism etc, God had far better plan for us, he had wanted us to live in that garden of Eden forever before satan misled our ancestors Adam and Eve. But God has promised us that if we can be patient, following his commandments till the end of this system of things, he will return us to that beautiful and peaceful condition he had planned for us in the beginning.
THIS IS WHAT WE THE JWS BELIEVE IN. Let us learn more of these in the Bible. We are not saying you must join us, but we'd love to share our views and beliefs with you.[/b]
Your Questions will be answered.
Thanks.

Guy i appreciate the fact that you are trying to carry people along here but on this issue of 1975 the GB did not say that the world will come to an end that year.

I for one have the magazine and i did not get the understanding that the world will end in 1975.

The incident was even a local phenomena since that fever did not gripped other countries like it did in nigeria.

The statment said that 1975 will mark 6000years of mankind existence on earth after creation.

It also said that after God worked for 6 days he rested in the 7th day.

So it asked: "AFTER 6000 YEARS WHAT NEXT, CHRIST MILLENIUM" ?

The understanding of that statement in Nigeria probably due to the level of literacy was that christ MILLENIUM will start in 1975 which was not what the GB had said.
And being after a civil war i wander if all JW then had access to the magazines, but may have pass the info round via third party.

It should be noted that the JW honestly believe that God's kingdom is the solution to human problem and they are urge to live their life in such away that they will not be caught un awear.

The JW are announcing God's king and they never said they know the date it will come but while one is alive he should be in constant expectations.

The GB points out what is contain in the bible to HELP people see that bible prophesy are fulfilling.

To say that JW predict when the world will end is incorrect, but that they constantly points to bible prophesy showing that we live in the time of the end.

The bible/christ had said that his followers should be in expectation of the end, though it may delay it will not be late.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by MyJoe: 10:38am On Aug 17, 2012
Maximus85: Let me put an end to this issue concerning the prediction of the end to this system of things.
YES! In 1925/1975 the GB did PREDICTED based on the situation of things at that period which are very similar to the signs that Jesus told his disciples to watchout for.

There are many inaccuracies in that^^^. But since I am not keen to go into 1975 here, I will limit myself to the highlighted. The Governing Body did not apologise. In fact, they never do. They just "forge ahead", hoping people will forget and knowing that the vast majority of their followers will. That makes the leadership of the Catholic Church morally superior to yours, since they have on occasions come out to apologise for that church's historical atrocities. If I am wrong, I will like to be corrected, as you show me the issue of Watchtower where the apology over the 1975 prediction or any other prediction or any blunder committed by the church's leadership was contained.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by MyJoe: 10:41am On Aug 17, 2012
truthislight:
The incident was even a local phenomena since that fever did not gripped other countries like it did in nigeria.
He he.
I guess you are happier just left to believe that and the rest of what you wrote.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 12:10pm On Aug 17, 2012
MyJoe:
He he.
I guess you are happier just left to believe that and the rest of what you wrote.

i have no reason to lie on this matter.

I only stated the facts.

Is it not true that the Nigerian Civil war ended withing 1970?
After the war will the logistic to get that magazine to people be that easy and possible from united state?

Beside, ask a JW that is not a Nigerian about the 1975 saga and you will get what i have just written down.

When did Nigerian education or literacy level got to the level it is now?

Due to the level of illiteracy in Nigeria At that time the JW operated an internal school called the literacy school under the theocratic ministry school to help people learn how to read and write so that they can read the bible.

My interest with the JW is that they help me make sense of the bible from GENESIS to Revelation. And to me Thats a big deal.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by MyJoe: 1:03pm On Aug 17, 2012
truthislight:
Beside, ask a JW that is not a Nigerian about the 1975 saga and you will get what i have just written down.
I did. You haven't, it seems.

Edited.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by Nimshi: 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2012
MyJoe,

I haven't managed a deserving response to your comprehensive post in reply to mine, but this: that was impressive weekend (re)search ;-), I'll have little to disagree with, and even less to seek clarifications on . . .

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by MyJoe: 2:10pm On Aug 17, 2012
You can take your time. I trust you and yours are doing great.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2012
MyJoe:

Edited.

good you did.

But do you want all person to rely on yours only?

Good you did, allow others to do theirs and form their own opinions.

I said the issue was not as blown out of proportion in other country as it was in Nigeria since they had a better understanding of the msg.

Yes, 6000years of human existence what next?

They did not take it to mean that the world would end in 1975.

That you did goes to show that you or those that took it that way dont know what the bible teach. Acts 1:6,7.

That is the more reason you should read your bible and understand it and stop crying for your failure or lack of good bible knowledge/foundation/excape death.

Know the bible for a change.

If someone should show you a prophesy that will fulfill next year and told you the end is near and you really do know what the bible teach will you or should you conclude that the end will come next year?

If someone should tell me that from the bible the world will end next year i will not accept cus i know what the bible teaches.

Kid stuff.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by MyJoe: 5:48pm On Aug 17, 2012
truthislight:

good you did.

I said the issue was not as blown out of proportion in other country as it was in Nigeria since they had a better understanding of the msg.

That you did goes to show that you or those that took it that way dont know what the bible teach. Acts 1:6,7.

That is the more reason you should read your bible and understand it and stop crying for your failure or lack of good bible knowledge/foundation/excape death.

If someone should show you a prophesy that will fulfill next year and told you the end is near and you really do know what the bible teach will you or should you conclude that the end will come next year?

If someone should tell me that from the bible the world will end next year i will not accept cus i know what the bible teaches.

Kid stuff.
I guess you are happier just left to believe that^^^.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2012
MyJoe:
I guess you are happier just left to believe that^^^.

am simply telling what the bible says.

Acts 1:6,7 says that the day and hour no man knows but you guys are content in putting wrong notion that the JW, simply explaining bible prophesy that shows that we are leaving at the last days have done what is bad and as such they are false prophets.

While it was you guys that did not get the sense of what the bible says.

That means you guys will have been happy that no body came out to explain this prophesy or go about preaching like the JW do just like it was in the dark ages.

Why is it that you not finding out if what they had said is even recorded in the bible?
and then possibly ask God the reason he even allowed that it be written down in the bible in the first place if it was not meant to be explained?

Imagine! all this calculation are recorded in the bible and not that the JW said that it was a direct Revelation off the bible but rather this are calculation deeply rooted in the bible and are opened for all to see.

If you are not expecting God's kingdom to come their are people living for it and it is their life and they are entitle to use it in whatever way they so wish.

Infact it is you guys that are looking for trouble.

Am use to people arguing that this doctrine is bible base or not or that that doctrine is pegan or not.
But that is not what you guys are doing here but saying that prophesy written in the bible are false.

I hope it will not be that you guys at the end will be found to be fighting against God.

That is if you even believed that God does even exist.

That is why the JW dont have interest in contending with certain kind of people if you know what i mean.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by MyJoe: 10:54pm On Aug 17, 2012
^^^ I don't know what you mean. Please explain.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:03am On Aug 18, 2012
MyJoe:
Thank you. I knew it, but chose to be cautious as I could be getting things mixed up.

Was it not Maximus85 that said that he would not believe the claim if it is not broadcasted on either the BBC or CNN? What is he now saying that their cover has been blown out of the water?

MyJoe:
Honesty is a rare commodity, Mr Adegbu.

This just shows how some deceived folks can be deceived and successfully deceiving those they have hoodwinked into their web of lies. This is why this cult is more dangerous than adherents of false religions.

MyJoe:
I think her point is that op opened the thread for people to ask questions about his BELIEFS and not to discuss the infractions or perceived waywardness of the church. But I guess you are right. These things must come up.

What have they done to the question I asked about their 'prophecy' of 1914? Truthislight ended up accusing me of fraud and lies saying that I cooked up the evidence. The internet is there for everyone who seeks out the facts, no longer are we to depend on the spin masters of their Society.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:13am On Aug 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Since you are in denial of the facts I provided and either you can not or would not answer the question let me move on to the next one:

How sure was your Society that the date 1914 would not be "changed" and that it was "not the date for the beginning, but for the end"?

This is the question I posed to Maximus85, truthislight and their fellows but have refused to answer. I will be posting the answer from your Watch Tower magazine for all to see. The best you can do is to remain silent like the silent lambs in those links.

"We see no reason for changing the figures—nor could we change them if we would. They are, we believe, God's dates, not ours. But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble" — Zion's Watch Tower, July 15, 1894, p. 226-231 [Watchtower Reprints, p. 1677]

http://4jehovah.org/images/stories/downloads/jehovahs_witness/prophecy/wt-7-15-1894-p1677.pdf

If you have any spin on the extract above please provide it but if not remain silent.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:19am On Aug 18, 2012
Josh090:

sir, this links has taken me nowhere.

Can you explain to us what you mean by this?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:22am On Aug 18, 2012
truthislight:

sorry for his errors.

Its Just that the guy is a fraud.

Can you pin point where there are errors? It is cheap point to accuse me of being a fraud when you have not told us how. It is either you come up with your facts or remain silent.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:24am On Aug 18, 2012
Maximus85:

Well said. I never started this thread for arguments and hatred.

No one has argued or hated on this thread. It is you that has failed to answer some pertinent questions raised but instead reverted to emotional outbursts by typing in upper case letters.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:26am On Aug 18, 2012
Maximus85:

If you want to hide an info from an average Nigerian...put it in writing. Was i posting in SWAHILI? Have i taged any news agency infallible? May God forgive you.

Was it not you that stated that if the information was not from either the BBC or CNN that they should forget it?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:38am On Aug 18, 2012
MyJoe:

There are many inaccuracies in that^^^. But since I am not keen to go into 1975 here, I will limit myself to the highlighted. The Governing Body did not apologise. In fact, they never do. They just "forge ahead", hoping people will forget and knowing that the vast majority of their followers will. That makes the leadership of the Catholic Church morally superior to yours, since they have on occasions come out to apologise for that church's historical atrocities. If I am wrong, I will like to be corrected, as you show me the issue of Watchtower where the apology over the 1975 prediction or any other prediction or any blunder committed by the church's leadership was contained.

You can see how desperate these 'prophets' can get by spinning the inaccuracies of their prophecies. 1975's prediction is even far off let's see what they said when their 1914 prophecy failed.

" . . .the 'battle of the great day of God Almighty' (Rev. 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1915 with the complete overthrow of earth’s present rulership, is already commenced." — The Time is At Hand, Studies in the Scriptures, vol. 2, 1886, 1915 edition, p. 101

http://4jehovah.org/images/stories/downloads/jehovahs_witness/prophecy/time_is_at_hand-1915ed-p101.pdf

When their 1914 prophecy failed, you can see what new "date" they "changed" it into in their updated edition of 'The Time is At Hand' book.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:47am On Aug 18, 2012
MyJoe:

He he.

They didn't even leave it at 1915 when this agains failed to come to pass see what how they spinned it again and yet their followers swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

When 1915 failed, below is what their Society said God would do in 1918.

"Also, in the year 1918, when God destroys the churches wholesale and the church members by millions, it shall be that any that escape shall come to the works of Pastor Russel to learn the meaning of the downfall of ‘Christianity." — The Finished Mystery, Studies in the Scriptures, vol. 7, 1917, p. 485

http://4jehovah.org/images/stories/downloads/jehovahs_witness/prophecy/finished_mystery-p485.pdf

So you can see how their leaders have been stringing them along and now they want to sell this to the world.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:03am On Aug 18, 2012
truthislight:

i have no reason to lie on this matter.

I only stated the facts.

Is it not true that the Nigeria? Civil war ended withing 1970?
After the war will the logistic to get that magazine to people that easy and possible from united state?

When did Nigerian education or literacy level got to the level it is now?

Due to the level of illiteracy in Nigeria At that time the JW operated an internal school called the literacy school under the theocratic ministry school to help people learn how to read and write so that they can read the bible.

My interest with the JW is that they help me make sense of the bible from GENESIS to Revelation. And to me Thats a big deal.

What fact are you stating? The facts that Nigeria was involved in a civil war? The only illiteracy then was the lack of the knowledge of the information highway that we now call the internet and this is why you can no longer pull the wool over a lot of informed folks. If you are interested in facts and not lies answer the following question:

When the 1918 prediction failed, what date did your Society then give for the "old world" to end and the "new order" to begin with the "resurrection" of the Old Testament saints?

I guess this will also be treated with your silence. Let your Society's publication in 1920 speak for you, and this is what they stated:

" . . .the old order of things, the old world, is ending and is therefore passing away, and that the new order is coming in, and that 1925 shall mark the resurrection of the faithful worthies of old . . . . it is reasonable to conclude that millions of people now on the earth will be still on the earth in 1925. Then, based upon the promises set forth in the divine Word, we must reach the positive and indisputable conclusion that millions now living will never die" — Millions Now Living Will Never Die, 1920, p. 97

http://4jehovah.org/images/stories/downloads/jehovahs_witness/prophecy/millions_never_die-p97.pdf

"Prophets" of God indeed.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:13am On Aug 18, 2012
MyJoe:

Edited.

You need to ask him why his Society discouraged them from bearing children in 1938. If he did his research properly he would discover what was written in their Watchtower magazine in 1938 which I quote below:

" . . .it would therefore appear that there is no reasonable or Scriptural injunction to bring children into the world immediately before Armageddon, where we now are" — The Watchtower, November 1, 1938, p. 324

http://4jehovah.org/images/stories/downloads/jehovahs_witness/prophecy/wt-11-1-1938-p324.pdf

You can see that these kind of spinning has been recycled from back in the days.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:26am On Aug 18, 2012
Nimshi: MyJoe,

I haven't managed a deserving response to your comprehensive post in reply to mine, but this: that was impressive weekend (re)search ;-), I'll have little to disagree with, and even less to seek clarifications on . . .

I must commend you from bringing to light the child abuse cover up in their Society. Since they only prefer to talk about biblical prophecies let us engage them on this if they are willing to play ball. I don't know your religious inclination but I appreciate the way you objectively engaged them with you enquiries. Here are more questions for them to answer:

How soon was Armageddon to break out in 1941? What did their Society say?

"Never was there a more moving sight in these 'last days'. . . . Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them . . . the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon. What a gift! and to so many! The manner of releasing the new book Children was an outright surprise to all . . . ." — The Watchtower, September 15, 1941, p. 288

To read it in it's proper context click on the link below scroll down and see the above extract underlined.

http://4jehovah.org/images/stories/downloads/jehovahs_witness/prophecy/wt-%209-15-41-p288.pdf
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:38am On Aug 18, 2012
truthislight:

good you did.

Kid stuff.

Why were JW's looking forward to 1975? Read it in your own publications unless you are claiming that they lied.

"WHY ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO 1975? WHAT about all this talk concerning the year 1975? . . . Their interest has been kindled by the belief that 1975 will mark the end of 6,000 years of human history since Adam's creation" — The Watchtower, August 15, 1968, p. 494

http://4jehovah.org/images/stories/downloads/jehovahs_witness/prophecy/wt-8-15-68-p494.pdf

Which is corroborated with another article of your Society's publication in 1966

"According to trustworthy Bible chronology six thousand years from man's creation will end in 1975, and the seventh period of a thousand years of human history will begin in the fall of 1975 C.E" — Life Everlasting – In Freedom of the Sons of God, 1966, p. 29

http://4jehovah.org/images/stories/downloads/jehovahs_witness/prophecy/life_everlasting-p29.pdf

So, who is the liar here?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 11:21am On Aug 18, 2012
MyJoe: ^^^ I don't know what you mean. Please explain.

Hahaha.

Lol,

you can look for trouble o.
Have a sweet weekend.
Peace
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 11:40am On Aug 18, 2012
D p
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 11:40am On Aug 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You can see how desperate these 'prophets' can get by spinning the inaccuracies of their prophecies. 1975's prediction is even far off let's see what they said when their 1914 prophecy failed.

" . . .the 'battle of the great day of God Almighty' (Rev. 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1915 with the complete overthrow of earth’s present rulership, is already commenced." — The Time is At Hand, Studies in the Scriptures, vol. 2, 1886, 1915 edition, p. 101

http://4jehovah.org/images/stories/downloads/jehovahs_witness/prophecy/time_is_at_hand-1915ed-p101.pdf

When their 1914 prophecy failed, you can see what new "date" they "changed" it into in their updated edition of 'The Time is At Hand' book.

Good you reposted a modified version this time.

The former fraud had said that the end will come in 1914 but you have change it to 1915.

The truth remain that the JW had said that the masaiah rule started in 1914.

There is a bible calculation to that effect, that you dont accept what the bible said is your personal decisions.

Your preaching house is NL, but the JW are out preaching from house to house teaching people the bible free of charge like christ and the apostles did.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 11:49am On Aug 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

What fact are you stating? The facts that Nigeria was involved in a civil war? The only illiteracy then was the lack of the knowledge of the information highway that we now call the internet and this is why you can no longer pull the wool over a lot of informed folks. If you are interested in facts and not lies answer the following question:

When the 1918 prediction failed, what date did your Society then give for the "old world" to end and the "new order" to begin with the "resurrection" of the Old Testament saints?

I guess this will also be treated with your silence. Let your Society's publication in 1920 speak for you, and this is what they stated:

" . . .the old order of things, the old world, is ending and is therefore passing away, and that the new order is coming in, and that 1925 shall mark the resurrection of the faithful worthies of old . . . . it is reasonable to conclude that millions of people now on the earth will be still on the earth in 1925. Then, based upon the promises set forth in the divine Word, we must reach the positive and indisputable conclusion that millions now living will never die" — Millions Now Living Will Never Die, 1920, p. 97

http://4jehovah.org/images/stories/downloads/jehovahs_witness/prophecy/millions_never_die-p97.pdf

"Prophets" of God indeed.

let me help you.

The web site belonging to the JW are well known.

One of such is www.jw.org

the stories you are posting here are not from their web site, ask the owners of that web site to give answers to your questions.

You change the former date of 1914 to 1915.

^^^^ shows how fraudulent YOU are

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 11:58am On Aug 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I must commend you from bringing to light the child abuse cover up in their Society. Since they only prefer to talk about biblical prophecies let us engage them on this if they are willing to play ball. I don't know your religious inclination but I appreciate the way you objectively engaged them with you enquiries. Here are more questions for them to answer:

How soon was Armageddon to break out in 1941? What did their Society say?

"Never was there a more moving sight in these 'last days'. . . . Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them . . . the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon. What a gift! and to so many! The manner of releasing the new book Children was an outright surprise to all . . . ." — The Watchtower, September 15, 1941, p. 288

To read it in it's proper context click on the link below scroll down and see the above extract underlined.

http://4jehovah.org/images/stories/downloads/jehovahs_witness/prophecy/wt-%209-15-41-p288.pdf

birds of the same feathers flocking together.

All using JW detrators website.

Have a life.

Ola, Nimshi does not even believe in the God you claim to serve but the both of you are here doing the same thing, the work of your master.

He supports muslim or he is a muslim, i dont know for myjoe yet, but time will tell, he is very Good in hiding his antics.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Why were JW's looking forward to 1975? Read it in your own publications unless you are claiming that they lied.

"WHY ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO 1975? WHAT about all this talk concerning the year 1975? . . . Their interest has been kindled by the belief that 1975 will mark the end of 6,000 years of human history since Adam's creation" — The Watchtower, August 15, 1968, p. 494

http://4jehovah.org/images/stories/downloads/jehovahs_witness/prophecy/wt-8-15-68-p494.pdf

Which is corroborated with another article of your Society's publication in 1966

"According to trustworthy Bible chronology six thousand years from man's creation will end in 1975, and the seventh period of a thousand years of human history will begin in the fall of 1975 C.E" — Life Everlasting – In Freedom of the Sons of God, 1966, p. 29

http://4jehovah.org/images/stories/downloads/jehovahs_witness/prophecy/life_everlasting-p29.pdf

So, who is the liar here?

6000 years of human existence on earth, what next?

Cant you read?
Are you so desperate?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by true2god: 9:39am On Aug 19, 2012
@ truthislight, this is an anonymous forum u knw hence almost evryone on dis forum dnt knw one and another. But i must ask u a question and i need u honestly ansa me. Between u and OLAADEGBU who is a fraud?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by Enigma(m): 10:20am On Aug 19, 2012
truthislight:

birds of the same feathers flocking together.

All using JW detrators website.

Have a life.

Ola, Nimshi does not even believe in the God you claim to serve but the both of you are here doing the same thing, the work of your master.

He supports muslim or he is a muslim, i dont know for myjoe yet, but time will tell, he is very Good in hiding his antics.

^^^ I don't agree with most things you are saying on this thread but the bolded, which I found understandable, caught my attention and I find particularly interesting. smiley

cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Shiloh 2020: See Things To Bring Along / Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God / What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.