Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,747 members, 7,831,382 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 - TV/Movies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 (62134 Views)

Jeffrey Akoh Is The Winner Of Mtn Project Fame 8.0(photos) / Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 / MTN Project Fame West Africa: Season 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Clemzy16(m): 10:21am On Sep 30, 2012
Wow! So happy for my NameSake "Ayo". He really deserved it. However, i would've prefer musulyn to ella in 4th position. Alterall, ella was suppose to be out of the competition earlier before now. But Itz all gud.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by phadat(m): 10:41am On Sep 30, 2012
Congrats Ayo but marvellous does it for me that guy is gooooood
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by dabossman(m): 10:54am On Sep 30, 2012
semid4lyfe:

To reiterate my point, let me draw up a list of the 10 biggest "young" Nigerian acts right now (in no particular order) give or take there'll be 2 or 3 differences

1. 2Face
2. D'banj
3. P-Square
4. Asa
5. Naeto C
6. Banky W
7. J. Martins
8. M.I
9. Flavour Nabania
10. Wizkid

@Semid4lyfe: you are no doubt entitled to your opinion, but saying singing reality shows should be scrapped for the reasons you gave is a bit myopic,and I use that word without meaning to be derogatory.

If we are to follow your philosophy, then the concept of "tietary education" should be scrapped. After all, some of the richest people we have never went to college or dropped out. So why do we need universities right!

Also we would have to scrap football competitions in Africa, North America and Asia. I mean millions around the world play the game but only teams from Europe and South America have ever won it. In fact, only a few players really BLOW!

Truth is, if it is monster hits that make a successful artiste, then Baba Fryo, Marvelous Benjy and Azadus beat ur numbers 5-10 hands down.

3 Likes

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by dohyn(m): 11:05am On Sep 30, 2012
Ayo's olufunmi performance was tight,no doubt but that's just one performance out of many..Going by what I've watched,I would have given it to either marvellous or adetoun..If I had to choose,it'd be adetoun..Ayo has always been a distant third for me..The others can queue up as they like.
Anyways,if it's true he won it,congrats to him.This year's competition was interesting,wish them all well.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 30, 2012
honeric01:

LOL and you're a musician? in all spheres, Marvelous and Adetoun won the heart of majority of people than Ayo, tell me what Ayo brought to that stage that Marvelous or Adeotun didn't bring in double?

Well then, i know this is Nigeria where MEDIOCRITY is worshiped and preferred to Meritocracy. Don't worry eh, angel Gabriel is coming to make Nigeria better ok?
ayo is a performer and he performed well. nigerians voted. west africa also voted.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by honeric01(m): 11:11am On Sep 30, 2012
toba: ayo is a performer and he performed well. nigerians voted. west africa also voted.

Since i am not the organiser who surely wants to make profit than really bring out the best, then let me end it here. he performed well but not the best according to your "typing language" since you've been using the cases of "wrong winners" as a case study. all in all, Adetoun and Marvelous are surely going to be on our TVs more than the rest.

This year was great, if all the past winners are to be brought together with the current "first 5", these past winners are going to struggle real hard "singing and voice" wise.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 30, 2012
chino24: BIGOTS...who told you ayoo will win?

You people should stop being backward in you thinking. There so many of them in the academy that are capable of taking the cup..
dude where are u from?
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by dyabman(m): 11:18am On Sep 30, 2012
am happy for my name sake ! woooooooooo hooooooooooo !!
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by amosy007: 11:26am On Sep 30, 2012
i guess the project fame should be changed from MTN Project Fame West Africa to MTN Project Fame Nigeria
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by beey2(m): 11:38am On Sep 30, 2012
toba: wow. this is really great. from season 1 to season 4 all the past winners came to uniite with the contestants. tonights show is great. nyanya, kesse from ghana, tolu ochuko, chindinma, monica, roy, mike, nicholas, yetunde.

see as ella dey shake that booty with ayo. all the judges and faculty dancing and partying with the contestants at a great cocktail with suya.

Its all abt partying thing Abi?

i really love this
j
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Cuddlemii: 11:55am On Sep 30, 2012
safarigirl: Great! I actually thought Marvellous would win, but Ayo is a better performer, I think he got his mojo when he did the afrobeat Olufnmi. I loved his composition, it was people friendly. Congrats to Naija's Adele, Ella, I was so hoping she'd get something, her composition was classy, someone MUST sign her up, all the winners deserve record deals in fact. Chocolate City, leave Waje and come and take Ella.

Girl, who are you? I like u already!
This is a good post kiss
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 30, 2012
amosy007: i guess the project fame should be changed from MTN Project Fame West Africa to MTN Project Fame Nigeria
not exactly. nigerians will always emerge winners. what about west africa idols? nigerians won the first nd second position
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Omoswags(m): 12:05pm On Sep 30, 2012
Congrats
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by timmy7(m): 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2012
saxywale: OMG! how did that happen, the guy is mediocre and has been playing safe all through the competition. Vocal strength-nada, vocal range-zilch. His only entertaining performance was his rendition of olufunmi and the guys that played the sax deserved the credits not ayo. He was singing and talking like a masquerade all through the song. Jeez, marvellous, Ella or Adetoun deserved to be tops. Those guyz are good. People like ayo won't enter top 7 in a show like idols or x-factor. my opinion though....
thank God it is your thought... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2012
timmy7:
thank God it is your thought... cheesy

I thank God my brother,
Nigeria equals mediocrity grin
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Guy, I agree with you 100%. The bolded was so shocking Funmi Davies and the other judges could not hold back their surprise and disappointment.

You need to have seen the expression on Funmi Davies face when Yeka Onka was announced as winner. She was shocked. . .her eyes were bulging, mouth was agape and she leaned across the table as if she wanted to speak into the mic and rescind that result.

Yeka herself wasn't expecting to win and it took some precious seconds before she realised her name had been announced and she reacted.

I'll rate that as the greatest robbery shocker in Nigerian Music Reality show history.

It's Yinka Davies.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Afam4eva(m): 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2012
Ayo won?WTF...He's an average singer and i've known this since he was a contestant at the last Nigerian idols. One would have thought that Marvelous, Ella or even Adetoun will take the day. Anyways, since it's based on votes, it's the person with the highest votes that wins the show. We know that a lot of people vote based on sentiments rather than how good a contestant is in all ramification as it relates to music. Anyways, i won't blame the voters because i never voted for my favourite contestants and i'm sure most people here didn't vote too, so enough with the criticisms of the votes. The deed is done and we have to wait for next year...[size=14pt]CONGRATS AYO[/size]
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by semid4lyfe(m): 3:19pm On Sep 30, 2012
ferhyntorlah:

It's Yinka Davies.

Thank you jare. . .God bless you kiss

Post modified and error corrected wink
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 30, 2012
afam4eva: Ayo won?WTF...He's an average singer and i've known this since he was a contestant at the last Nigerian idols. One would have thought that Marvelous, Ella or even Adetoun will take the day. Anyways, since it's based on votes, it's the person with the highest votes that wins the show. We know that a lot of people vote based on sentiments rather than how good a contestant is in all ramification as it relates to music. Anyways, i won't blame the voters because i never voted for my favourite contestants and i'm sure most people here didn't vote too, so enough with the criticisms of the votes. The deed is done and we have to wait for next year...[size=14pt]CONGRATS AYO[/size]
afam4eva: Ayo won?WTF...He's an average singer and i've known this since he was a contestant at the last Nigerian idols. One would have thought that Marvelous, Ella or even Adetoun will take the day. Anyways, since it's based on votes, it's the person with the highest votes that wins the show. We know that a lot of people vote based on sentiments rather than how good a contestant is in all ramification as it relates to music. Anyways, i won't blame the voters because i never voted for my favourite contestants and i'm sure most people here didn't vote too, so enough with the criticisms of the votes. The deed is done and we have to wait for next year...[size=14pt]CONGRATS AYO[/size]
This comes to you as a surprise. Im happy for Ay and Adetoun. just like a poster said, marvelous was already acting like the winner about 2 weeks ago
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 30, 2012
@those whining about Ayo winning ahead of Marvelous, how many of actually spent 1kobo out of ur money to vote for any of the contestants?

1 Like

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 30, 2012
watch how it happened yesterday at the ultima studio in lekki

Sunday: NTA(3.30-5pm) AIT(5.30-7pm) Soundcity (7.30-9pm) ONTV (8.30-10pm)
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by dguyindcorner(m): 5:07pm On Sep 30, 2012
yessss!!! i said it,ayo is a good performer,very protean n versatile,marketable as well.At first,i thought i no longer know music,but thank God the whole west africa saw wat i saw...everyone of you shouting marvelous,ella,adetoun...i can't shout o!the best has won.
Ayo,the hope of nigeria,africa music...i can't wait for you to burst into lime light.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by dguyindcorner(m): 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2012
guy,how do you judge a musician?
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Adufaye(m): 5:16pm On Sep 30, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Shuo! Madam, me and you get quarrel before cos this your venom dey too much for this kain "holy" Sunday morning? tongue wink

To reiterate my point, let me draw up a list of the 10 biggest "young" Nigerian acts right now (in no particular order) give or take there'll be 2 or 3 differences

1. 2Face
2. D'banj
3. P-Square
4. Asa
5. Naeto C
6. Banky W
7. J. Martins
8. M.I
9. Flavour Nabania
10. Wizkid

I'm sure your own list will read Mike, Iyanya, Chidinma, Timi, Omawunmi shey? cheesy

BTW, wetin be the big deal about topping chat? DJ Jimmy Jat no top MTV Base Africa chat with "stylee"? Modenine no top MTV Base chat with "cry"? Shey Thoroughbreds and Resonance no top SoundCity chat with "streethop" and "le le" respectively? Babe, leave that thing anybody fit top chat at any point in time.

As for award, that one sef no be point after all many mushroom awards shows dey around. Sasha, Mo'cheddah, Olamide etc have all won awards but were dem dey today. What matters in the Naija music industry is that street acceptance & staying power over the years.

If Ayo like, make hin go dey sing blues like Timi, O-Y-O na hin e go dey and he'll never blow. Peeps need something they can gyrate to and that's why Inyanya's "kukere" is such a hit. . .a MONSTER hit

tru talk ma broda any body we sing blues na OYO b e name n him n his family go buy d music......4 ma area na stupid song de sel pas,no party jam ur music go die 4 studio
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Emylexray(m): 5:47pm On Sep 30, 2012
In all honesty, Adetoun or Marvellous deserved the award ahead of average Ayo!...Marvellous was the most hardworking of all the contestants, you could see determination all over him. Adetoun, the most consistent. Well, this is what happens when number of votes decide rather than ability.
Ella too has got an infectious voice, i think to win in project Fame, its more than just knowing how to sing, one must be charismatic and be a good stage performer. Maximise the stage to the extreme, this was what Mike did that made him win, he was always dancing more rather than singing on stage, and this got the audience entertained hence voting massively for him. Singing is not enough to win project fame, one must show some razzmatazz!
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by debbydominic(f): 6:52pm On Sep 30, 2012
I am so disappointed with project fame!can't believe Ayo that sings on a flat key most of the time culd win wen I have placed him on 4th a long time ago.I might have to stop watching project project fame because they have shown that hardwork won't make u win.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by anyerhovwo(f): 7:05pm On Sep 30, 2012
amosy007: i guess the project fame should be changed from MTN Project Fame West Africa to MTN Project Fame Nigeria
You are very correct, I totally agree with you.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 30, 2012
debby dominic: I am so disappointed with project fame!can't believe Ayo that sings on a flat key most of the time culd win wen I have placed him on 4th a long time ago.I might have to stop watching project project fame because they have shown that hardwork won't make u win.
u surely have no idea about music. firstly there's nothing like singing on flat key. its either u flatten a note or sharpen the note. what u meant is that he sings on flat notes. even at that u'll still be very wrong cos the number 1 person guilty of this is Musulyn and Ella once in a while. for that alone, u have no right to judge cos u know nothing about music. Ayo deserves to win. ln a music competition, it takes just one lucky performance to beat an opponent, just as it is in football. Barcelona was far better than Chelsea in the UCL semi final earlier this year, but Chelsea won by defending. Maybe Marvellous was winning till Ayo performed Olufunmi in afrobeat with the word 'ice water' and that was it. Even the day Marvellous performed in a choir robe, he missed words which on a good day could have knocked him out technically
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by honeric01(m): 8:01pm On Sep 30, 2012
toba: u surely have no idea about music.

You should stop using that statement because if you're put to the test, you're going to run. i hope you can differentiate music from music?

1 Like

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 30, 2012
honeric01:

You should stop using that statement because if you're put to the test, you're going to run. i hope you can
differentiate music from music?
really? who's gonna put me to that test?

BTW may be i cant 'differentiate music from music'

can u help me out?
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 30, 2012
i really love the theme song titled 'l'm a winner'
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 30, 2012
grand finale currently airing on ONTV for the last time this season.

for those who missed how it happened yesterday. tune to ONTV right now

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas / DStv Raises Charges Again. / BBNaija: Tacha Tells Her Fans To Vote For Her Yellow Chair In The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.