Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,752 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:31 AM

Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 (62498 Views)

Jeffrey Akoh Is The Winner Of Mtn Project Fame 8.0(photos) / Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 / MTN Project Fame West Africa: Season 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 28, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Bros, for life anything wey get beginning must to get end

Moreover, no be my paale get NL but for now I remain loyal smiley

Back to topic (make e no be like sey I come derail), who u think sey go win this year Project Fame and why?
marvellous has won already

2 Likes

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 28, 2012
wow. this is really great. from season 1 to season 4 all the past winners came to uniite with the contestants. tonights show is great. nyanya, kesse from ghana, tolu ochuko, chindinma, monica, roy, mike, nicholas, yetunde.

see as ella dey shake that booty with ayo. all the judges and faculty dancing and partying with the contestants at a great cocktail with suya.

i really love this
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 29, 2012
for those that missed yesterdays show which was the show held 2days to the final on sunday, here's the full gist

Academy Day 52: The Valecdictory Party

Two days to the D-day, Mummy J reminisced on all that happened during the season, from the constructive and objective criticisms of the judges, the safety net of the faculty, to the ingenuity of the contestants. As a matter of fact, she pointed out the beautiful studio set and the appreciative audience.

Later in the day, a surprise party was organised for the contestants and they were so happy to see everyone. Everyone? Yes, from the judges, the faculty, Project Fame alumni from Iyanya, Chidinma, Mike, Monica, Tomiwa, Kesse and so many of them. Some OAP champions were not left out, it was a full house and Mummy J thanked everyone for coming as they all moved to the party ground.

It was mega music, plenty to eat and dancing things as they all bonded as one big family.

They danced and partied till lights out...

1 Like

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 29, 2012

In what has turned out to be a truly outstanding season, MTN Project Fame has again redefined the standards and set the mark to beat in music reality shows with season 5's edition.

Spiced up with dramatic changes right from the get go, new shades of flavor mid-way and what promises to be a Yellowliciously (another first from uncle Ben-The PF music director) grand finale of outstanding musical performances from an extremely talented and groomed group of West African talent, one can't wait for the finals on Sunday.

It all started with a change in the judges panel with the introduction of Ade Bantu, which took everyone by surprise but created a new flavor to the already good mix of judges.

Of all the new twists this year the wild card entry was one of the most novell. Anyone who could sing still unbelievably got a chance to slip into the academy mid-stream, by uploading a video to the MTNPF website. It had never been thought of before. Ella fought her way through hundreds of entries, judges shortlist and votes to make it to the last five and after a live stage performance was the final choice and the first ever Wild Card entry on MTN Project Fame.

The judges power of recall was another novelty introduced in Season 5. Noone was sure if they would used it or when and it seemed almost forgotten when at the last elimination show the judges pulled a surprise and after Ella had been sent packing after bearly two weeks in the show they exercised this first of a kind power of recall and brought her back into the competition, and she is fighting hard.

The most outstanding discoveries of the season however remain the rebirth of Waka and Afrobeat. With phenomenal performances already and her own waka-ized composition Adetoun is not only a hit on the show but has a bright future in bringing back a declining indigenous music art. Kudo's to MTN. Ayo's classic remix of O with his now classic Afrobeat infusion has taken him and Afrobeat/R&B fussion to another level.

It would be impossible not to mention marvelous Marvelleous who with such smooth confidence has won the hearts of many with magical performances right from the start.

Somehow MTN manages to make everyone a winner and the other contestants-Oyinkansade (CEO "Olorun Records), Ella,Musulyn from Liberia and Christian can all stand their own ground at the closing gala this Sunday.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 29, 2012
the post above sums it up. we just must give it to MTN. their network service may be somehw poor, they cheat the subscribers at times, but in terms of entertainment, they're number 1 and also in terms of giving back to the society they 'rob'

2 Likes

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 29, 2012
final performance day as it happened
t's amazing how time flies. After several weeks of stiff competition, the show came toa point where the certainty of the winner could not be easily presumed.
It was a big penultimate night for everyone and it started with a tribute to our very own Fela Anikulapo Kuti where the fabulous seven paid tribute to this great Afro king who passed on some fifteen years ago.
After this beautiful medley, thecontestants went straight into the business of the day. This time around, it was a collabo, not among themselves but with past winners of the show.

Ella opened the floor with Nicholas' 'One Day I Will Fly'. It was a beautiful vocal piece with commendable energy as Nicholas (1st Runner Up in Season 2) brought a perfect blend to this unparalleled performance. Next was Oyinkansade and Monica (Winner, Season 4) doing 'Body Hug'-Monica's new single, it was a heartfelt performance showing a classic story of love which epitomizes the song.
Our own Liberian diva-Musulyn matched up with Kesse (1st Runner up season 3) who has been topping the charts in Ghana with his singles. It was a commendable blend even asMusulyn brought her own feel to the music.
With so much energy, Christian matched up with Mike(Winner, Season 2) as they both did Mike's 'Fine fine lady'. It was a grand display of showmanship even as Christianproved to Mike that a star hasarisen from Season 5. Tolu and Adetoun's performance of'Arewa' would definitely endear them to you. As it was an exquisite demonstration of love. Adetoun's vocal dexteritysynergised with Tolu's and the products were goose bumps, astanding ovation, and uncontrollable cheer amongst the audience.

Marvellous will stop at nothing to marvel his audience. His Kukere performance with Iyanya (Winner, Season 1) was so out of this world. As Marvellous danced, sang, moved to this chart-topping single from the Kukere crooner- Iyanya.
Finally for the evening was Ayowho did a perfect collabo with Chidinma (Winner, season 3) as they both did Chidinma's hittrack 'Jankoliko'.

The show proved that MTN Project Fame is the home of musical talents-season in, season out. Tomorrow promises to be out of this world as the winner emerges.

Don't miss the GRAND FINALE!
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 29, 2012
wow nicholas and ella stole the night
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 29, 2012
we dont know if oyinkan kissed monica, just that he had lipstick on his lip undecided

CEO Oloun records
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2012
mike and christian

christian the rapper
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 29, 2012
adetoun and tolu with arewa.

tolu sang arewa in season 3
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 29, 2012
for those who think adetoun is only good on waka, shd have a rethink.

nice performance with this r&b

she got so much commendations from the judges. Tymix said it was a great performance.

mummy J confirmed it
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Afam4eva(m): 9:16pm On Sep 29, 2012
Is today the last day?
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 29, 2012
nyanya and marvellous. kukereing
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 29, 2012
afam4eva: Is today the last day?
2moro
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 29, 2012
humility is key
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 29, 2012
chidinma and ayo
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Afam4eva(m): 9:23pm On Sep 29, 2012
toba: humility is key
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 29, 2012
small but mighty. short woman sending tall pple msg

chidinmaaaaaa
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 29, 2012
afam4eva:
uncle said that to nyanya and marvellous. he said nyayan is making cos he's humble
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Afam4eva(m): 9:27pm On Sep 29, 2012
toba: uncle said that to nyanya and marvellous. he said nyayan is making cos he's humble
Okayyyy...
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 29, 2012
afam4eva:
Okayyyy...
u thought i was referring to u? shocked
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 29, 2012
this is to semid my friend.

u've been critical of music reality shows but l do hope u'll have a change of mind cos the ex participants of the MTN project fame really proved themselves that they are not just singers but they're musicians. forget that MTN network messes up but this show is really great. The previous winners of Nigerian idols are yet to do anything acceptable but from project fame we already have international stars like Nyanya,kesse, nicholas, chidinma, monica and of course stars in the making comprising marvellous, ayo, ella and adetoun
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by semid4lyfe(m): 11:17pm On Sep 29, 2012
toba: this is to semid my friend.

u've been critical of music reality shows but l do hope u'll have a change of mind cos the ex participants of the MTN project fame really proved themselves that they are not just singers but they're musicians. forget that MTN network messes up but this show is really great. The previous winners of Nigerian idols are yet to do anything acceptable but from project fame we already have international stars like Nyanya, kesse, nicholas, chidinma, monica and of course stars in the making comprising marvellous, ayo, ella and adetoun

Lol, don't get me wrong, I never doubted their musical prowess and ability from day one.

I'll be the first to admit that the ex-Project Famers all have v.good voices (better than the D'banj's, 2Face's, Wizkid, PSquare, 9ice, M.I etc that rule our music industry) and are great performers on stage but they're all yet to BLOW and do great things like the afore mentioned artistes. You and I know it takes more than having a "Mariah Carey" voice and being able to hit the high notes to make it in the Naija music Industry. cool

I mean, look at Davido. . .shey that one fit pass screening/audition to enter any musical talent hunt competition ni? Hell No! But today his "Damiduro" song is a monster hit and is getting mad airplay on radio & TV.

YES, the Project Famers are undoubtedly talented (musically) and they wow the audience & viewers during the show but then none of them has gone on from there to make it "big time"

Mike's "fine fine" lady was a flop. Chidinma's "jankoriko" no too hit like that. Kesse & Nicholas, don't even go there. . .who dash monkeys banana lol. Of the lot, only Omawunmi & Nyanya have had relative success with their hit songs "get in the music" & "kukere" so wetin be the success ratio?

Guy to SMS, I still stand by my earlier post which says:

semid4lyfe: All these singing competitions Project Fame WA, Nigerian Idols, West African Idols etc are a waste of time IMO.

It's better for a "talented" aspiring musician to hustle, gather money, hit the studio and record one or two dance/party tracks, get radio airplay and he or she will blow faster than all these singing competitions will do for him/her. Also, it doesn't help that the scope of the show is limited.

Apart from the prize money, the recording contract & the car, there's nothing in Project Fame. It is just a platform to fame, become a celebrity and get invites to events IMO.

How many winners of these competitions have gone on to have successful music careers? Na only Omawunmi be like sey she try. . .Timi, Mike, Chidinma, Nyanya were failures and their songs/albums were flops.

Dbanj, Tuface, P-Square, Asa, Olamide, Whizkid, M.I, Ice-Prince, Samklef, Timaya etc never went through any singing competition and they're the biggest things in the music industry today. . . .no surprise these same artists get invited to perform and judge the contestants during the show?
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Cuddlemii: 11:24pm On Sep 29, 2012
You guys are talking too much cheesy

Ella for the 1st or 2nd Place!!!!! cool cool

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by MissOpe(f): 12:31am On Sep 30, 2012
Guys i heard Ayo won....the news is everywhere ....pls how true is dis....still dont believe it

1 Like

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by semid4lyfe(m): 12:32am On Sep 30, 2012
Cuddlemii: You guys are talking too much cheesy

Ella for the 1st or 2nd Place!!!!! cool cool

Madam, which one you dey. . .shey you no see wetin toba post abi na lie

toba: marvellous has won already
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by semid4lyfe(m): 12:38am On Sep 30, 2012
Bump cool
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Cuddlemii: 1:55am On Sep 30, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Madam, which one you dey. . .shey you no see wetin toba post abi na lie

Omo, in d jungle na survival of the fittest, me just dey rep Ella.

Nuttin do all of us, I like marvellous as well so all join! smiley
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by jeffoski(m): 4:55am On Sep 30, 2012
Heard Ayo won. Mavellous 2nd,Adetoun 3rd and Ella 4th.If na so then am very happy o. The vote is really fair and true this year.They didn't put Musylyn with Ojoro as I thought .This 4 are really the best and am glad the prices went to them.Am really Happy Ella got something.with her short stay in the house she could get 1M,imagine if she was there from day 1.I really wish them all the best but make we see how d show go be.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by semid4lyfe(m): 5:59am On Sep 30, 2012
Miss Ope: Guys i heard Ayo won....the news is everywhere ....pls how true is dis....still dont believe it

jeffoski: Heard Ayo won. Mavellous 2nd,Adetoun 3rd and Ella 4th.If na so then am very happy o. The vote is really fair and true this year.They didn't put Musylyn with Ojoro as I thought .This 4 are really the best and am glad the prices went to them.Am really Happy Ella got something.with her short stay in the house she could get 1M,imagine if she was there from day 1.I really wish them all the best but make we see how d show go be.

CONFIRMED!

Ayobami Ayoola Ayolola better known as AYO has emerged winner of the popular reality TV show, MTN Project Fame West Africa. Ayo beat six other contestants to emerge the season five champion.

Ayo won the grand prize of N2.5 million, a Toyota Rav4 and a lucrative recording contract.

Ayo, a 25 year old personal assistant to a renowned saxophonist Mike Aremu edged out other finalists to win the top prize this evening, Saturday, September 29, 2012. The finale will be broadcast tomorrow.

Marvelous emerged the 1st runner-up, Adetoun is the 2nd runner-up while Ella is the 3rd runner-up.

AYO last year contested at the first ever Nigerian Idol and made the final 12 but was evicted in the first round of the finals.

He now joins the past winners, the likes of Iyanya, Mike Ayansodo, Chidinma and Monica…

http://thenetng.com/news/breaking-news-ayo-wins-project-fame-season-5/
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by safarigirl(f): 6:29am On Sep 30, 2012
Great! I actually thought Marvellous would win, but Ayo is a better performer, I think he got his mojo when he did the afrobeat Olufnmi. I loved his composition, it was people friendly. Congrats to Naija's Adele, Ella, I was so hoping she'd get something, her composition was classy, someone MUST sign her up, all the winners deserve record deals in fact. Chocolate City, leave Waje and come and take Ella.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by seabiscuit88: 6:51am On Sep 30, 2012
Go AY.you deserve that

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tacha Tells Her Fans To Vote For Her Yellow Chair In The House / 'Squid Game' Is So Intense Its Director Lost 6 Teeth During Production (Photos) / Download Full Movie: A Trip To Jamaica | By Ay, Funke…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.