Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,795 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:34 AM

Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 (62499 Views)

Jeffrey Akoh Is The Winner Of Mtn Project Fame 8.0(photos) / Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 / MTN Project Fame West Africa: Season 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by debbydominic(f): 7:45am On Sep 24, 2012
@ cuddlemill.wen voting in a competition you vote based on who is the best and can carry the touch and not based on some sentiments.even if ella is a "nice girl",just accept it that marvellous is a more professional singer.voting shld never be placed on sentiments ar all.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by EazyJ(f): 7:49am On Sep 24, 2012
Adetounnnnn al d way...

1 Like

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by debbydominic(f): 8:03am On Sep 24, 2012
Adetoun is okay but what makes one a good singer is the ability to be versatile.but this Adetoun babe is only good in fuji but can't compete with the likes of marvelious in other song.marvellious is a versatile and professional singer that's why u see him doing well in all his songs.I wuld rather vote for marvel anytime any day.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 24, 2012
Well everything ends this Sunday 30th September 2012.

Pls vote for Ayo, Marvellous, Adetoun and Oyinkan.

MTN would do ojoro to push in the Liberian girl Musulyn that cant sing on a key without going flat
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Dhelake: 9:28am On Sep 24, 2012
debby dominic: Adetoun is okay but what makes one a good singer is the ability to be versatile.but this Adetoun babe is only good in fuji but can't compete with the likes of marvelious in other song.marvellious is a versatile and professional singer that's why u see him doing well in all his songs.I wuld rather vote for marvel anytime any day.
did u watch dis shw frm d begginin? .. Cos shez been singing fuji/waka lately doesnt mean shez nt gud at english songs ... As for marvy ... Hez no doubt d best ... He has alredi been singin proffesionally b4 coming to d academy ...

1 Like

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Afam4eva(m): 9:38am On Sep 24, 2012
debby dominic: Adetoun is okay but what makes one a good singer is the ability to be versatile.but this Adetoun babe is only good in fuji but can't compete with the likes of marvelious in other song.marvellious is a versatile and professional singer that's why u see him doing well in all his songs.I wuld rather vote for marvel anytime any day.
You got it spot on. I believe Adetoun will be good at Yoruba music but not that great in English/mainstream music. That's where Marvelous and Ella have an upperhand.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 24, 2012
afam4eva:
You got it spot on. I believe Adetoun will be good at Yoruba music but not that great in English/mainstream music. That's where Marvelous and Ella have an upperhand.
you're deceiving urself. Just see lagbaja, 9ice and dare art alade and even dbanj. All with 50% English and 50% Yoruba. They are equally good anywhere. I hope u watched adetoun performed other genres of music in English and she performed them very well

2 Likes

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Afam4eva(m): 11:05am On Sep 24, 2012
toba: you're deceiving urself. Just see lagbaja, 9ice and dare art alade and even dbanj. All with 50% English and 50% Yoruba. They are equally good anywhere. I hope u watched adetoun performed other genres of music in English and she performed them very well
Whos says that the fact that someone uses Yoruba in their music means that they aint good. Adetoun is also good at mainstream music but she's better at doing the Yoruba thingy. I've juxtaposed her performance and i know what i'm talking about. She might even end up winning it because i've noticed that Project Fame is not like other music competitions. They're looking for someone who has that African feel. That's the reason why Mike beat that Liberian boy to the crown in season 2.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 24, 2012
afam4eva:
Whos says that the fact that someone uses Yoruba in their music means that they aint good. Adetoun is also good at mainstream music but she's better at doing the Yoruba thingy. I've juxtaposed her performance and i know what i'm talking about. She might even end up winning it because i've noticed that Project Fame is not like other music competitions. They're looking for someone who has that African feel. That's the reason why Mike beat that Liberian boy to the crown in season 2.
well well. Im not saying anyone cant be good in any language, but the fact remains that any of the final seven can do two languages successfully. whether English, Yoruba or Igbo. Marvellous is ND and one of these days, he might decide to do a song in ND language. same goes for Ella. I think i heard some Igbo in her composition last night. To be fair on the final 7, they are all good and im sure they'll succeed in which ever genre of music they choose and which ever language.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by debbydominic(f): 12:52pm On Sep 24, 2012
i think pj should up their game a little bit more.how can they give a contestant who is yoruba a yoruba song to perform and one who is Ibo an Igbo song to perform.i think it wont bring out the best in them.for someone like Adetoun,she shld have being given an Oyeka Owenu's ibo song to perform than marvelous a fuji yoruba song,then maybe oyinkansade a rivers song,then the stage would be all set for who can deliver more.what do u think?
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Afam4eva(m): 1:08pm On Sep 24, 2012
debby dominic: i think pj should up their game a little bit more.how can they give a contestant who is yoruba a yoruba song to perform and one who is Ibo an Igbo song to perform.i think it wont bring out the best in them.for someone like Adetoun,she shld have being given an Oyeka Owenu's ibo song to perform than marvelous a fuji yoruba song,then maybe oyinkansade a rivers song,then the stage would be all set for who can deliver more.what do u think?
You have a point there. But to balance everything, i think everyone should perform a song from their tribe.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Cuddlemii: 1:42pm On Sep 24, 2012
debby dominic: @ cuddlemill.wen voting in a competition you vote based on who is the best and can carry the touch and not based on some sentiments.even if ella is a "nice girl",just accept it that marvellous is a more professional singer.voting shld never be placed on sentiments ar all.

Lolz, me sef no dey watch am so I don't know the good singers among them.
I only saw the link toba pasted yesterday, I must commend marvellous for that duet he did with Ella, he is very good. I love his voice!

I was just trying my best to campaign for her even if she doesn't win, I sha tried. Thanks dear!
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Afam4eva(m): 1:43pm On Sep 24, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Lolz, me sef don't watch it so I don't know the good singers among them.
I only saw the link toba pasted yesterday, I must commend marvellous for that duet he did with Ella, he is very good. I love his voice!

I was just trying my best to campaign for her even if she doesn't win, I sha tried. Thanks dear!
is she related to you in any way?
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Cuddlemii: 1:47pm On Sep 24, 2012
afam4eva:
is she related to you in any way?

Lolz, she is a friend.

Her bf is a very close friend/former colleague of mine too.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Dhelake: 6:04pm On Sep 24, 2012
u've said it all, marvy is a pro
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Dhelake: 6:08pm On Sep 24, 2012
debby dominic: i think pj should up their game a little bit more.how can they give a contestant who is yoruba a yoruba song to perform and one who is Ibo an Igbo song to perform.i think it wont bring out the best in them.for someone like Adetoun,she shld have being given an Oyeka Owenu's ibo song to perform than marvelous a fuji yoruba song,then maybe oyinkansade a rivers song,then the stage would be all set for who can deliver more.what do u think?
i dnt tink dat'll b fair ... Some of dis ibo guyz are as gud at speakin yoruba d way dey speak ibo, 4 example ... Ochuko in season 3 ... D guy speaks yoruba like a yoruba guy
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Dhelake: 6:12pm On Sep 24, 2012
afam4eva:
yeah ..' shez more comfortable singin yoruba songs to english once ... Mike had street cred which nicholas(d liberian) didnt av .. And dat worked 4 him
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by jeffoski(m): 6:49pm On Sep 24, 2012
Their Caribbean and Latin song was fine vocally.most of them did well but had some technical issues. I had a problem with their lighting ,costume and makeup.let me break it down a bit

Musuyln's crew all look like night crawlers (AShhhhh)who were told to come and dance and had to grab any available scarf they could lay their hands on to tie their waist.I was sure I saw one who wore a real white bra.so horrible and the musulyn herself no just try.
Was hitting off note like crazy.

Ayo's dancers made me laugh no be small. With the way they came into the stage and Ayo coming from the side instead of coming out from the ground.some of the dancers were missing their steps and jamming each other. Their black cover shoe sef be like wetin dem go charter for Aba.

Adetoun costume come be like say she dey mourn. what is it with the black on black.
Even with black beret and d dancers hmmmmmmm I comment my reserve.

Christian try sha with the way he was hitting the high notes already in the beginning of the song I was wondering what he will do at the bridge and end.His male and female dancers come be like say dem they fight or just like dancing with same sex (knowing that dis song have some nice dirty dancing) And the girl who was dancing with him was really funny(not in a gud way)her dress was so off.

Ella's dress was the right one for Latin or Caribbean but I didn't get the Jerk with the dancer.She didn't really move according to the feel of d song and was always watching her step and then the dancers where just too much.

Oyikansade own I can't remember(it was that bad)and I don't understand the koko below inside his own(must everything have yoruba flavor all d time)

Mavellous I praise God for his performance His dancers where alright especially the girl who was with him.The whole drama in his performance made it difficult to concentrate on the costume flop.
The Dancers where just too much and for a small stage and we could feel the beauty behind their chorography.

The Costume was rubbish and very dull.the color where not complementing at all and that is what makes Caribbean and Latin beautiful and their lighting didn't help to bring out any beauty at all.If you are used to watching Americal idol and American got talent you will understand what I mean.We should stay in our element and work with what we have now till we are ready and able to venture into other areas.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by jeffoski(m): 7:01pm On Sep 24, 2012
Their singing was Fantastic but MTN should understand that there are other things that are very important when it comes to performance.The latin dancer where too much,they where not wearing the write costume at all there by making the whole tin dull and their dance step and choreography is off.The light too on the stage didn't just make sense.

Finally the show will end dis sunday. This top 7 have been really fantastic.I love all their personal songs. They really tried. Some were really commercial and some were really up to international standard. E no easy to write song or to teach people how to become great starts.I wish them all a successful career becos at the end of the day there are all winner especially those who will really know how to make use of this platform and be favoured cos is not really about who carry 1st or not but who can really stand the test of time especially in the competitve industry.

By my own opinion I hope the top 5 will be cos I have a feeling that we will have 5 winners this year.

1st Mavellous
2nd Ella
3rd Adetoun
4th Ayo
5th Christian
Even if is not in this other but as long as this 5 remain on top and get something I will be happy.
And MTN should try and increase the winning price now haba other reality show don step up.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 24, 2012
debby dominic: @ cuddlemill.wen voting in a competition you vote based on who is the best and can carry the touch and not based on some sentiments.even if ella is a "nice girl",just accept it that marvellous is a more professional singer.voting shld never be placed on sentiments ar all.
lol @ cuddlemill. grin

madam, we do almst everything in life based on sentiment thats the fact. i have 2 ladies and i love one more than the other cos of sentiments. if not, why did mike emerged s pj winner in season2? how did eyo whoo also goes off key emerged as 2runner up in season3?
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 24, 2012
i dont understnd why u guys are on with adetoun. what about ayo that just developed feeling for afro beat? what about oyinkan that sang fuji song twice? moreover that adetoun's brand isnt a regular fuji that the likes of saheed osupa, malaika, pasuma, remi aluko etc sings. adetoun's brand is waka. in addition, she developed the feeling in the academy. saying adetoun is only good in what she just learnt barely 3weeks ago is erroneous. she has a jazzy voice and she might change genre of music
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 25, 2012
Oyinkan doing the Caribbean Adetoun the Waka mamaOyinka performing his personal composition jekasereNo be marvellous be that shockedTy and area mama
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 25, 2012
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 26, 2012
Academy Day 48: A Trip To Shoprite

The day started with uncle Ben waking the contestants to have a 'sit-down' with them and get to find out what they've learnt in the academy so far. He wanted to know how the Academy has brought growth to their music career. His questions pointed to Oyinkansade's confidence level, Marvellous' control, Ayo and Adetoun's self discovery, Musulyn's growth and so on. He went ahead to applaud those who have been consistent and he pointed out that the supposed underdogs- Oyinkansade, Adetoun and later Christian- have all improved and now have a good chance at stardom.
Finally he announced the collabos with past Project Fame All Star contestants at the semi-finals; Christian & Nicholas(1st runner-up season 2),
Ella & Mike Anyasodo(winner season 3),
Marvellous & Iyanya(Winner season 1),
Oyinkansade & Monica(winner season 4),
Musulyn & Kesse(1st runner-up season 3),
Adetoun & Tolu(ad-lib king season 3),
Ayo & Chidinma(Winner season 3).

Uncle Ben also told them they would be doing a tribute to the afrobeat legend 'FELA'.

Ayo recapped on the activities of the day; the shop rite trip, movies at the cinemas, the warm reception they recieved from families and friends, and how they
signed autographs as stars that they have grown to be. It was indeed an interesting and eventful day for them.
The race to the finish is getting hotter as lots of fan’s are voting and could even win the N1m voters promo prize. So keep voting for your favourite you could win some cool cash for yourself too.

Whattta feeling ...
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Afam4eva(m): 10:52am On Sep 26, 2012
@toba
Do you work for Project Fame West Africa??

1 Like

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 26, 2012

Today began with a quick re-cap of contestants’ performances in mummy J's class. She talked about what they did well and what they did not do so well. The contestants were encouraged to keep up the good work in the few remaining days and beyond. She then went ahead to advise them on how to save up and invest their money, rather than squander or spend the money on other people, “invest your money and then spend the remaining”, she advised.

The contestants obviously had an interesting time during the "Google hangout" session. They got to know they have fans around the world who called in from Ukraine, France, Nigeria and other parts of the world. They sang and canvassed for votes and sure had a swell time.
They were later asked about how they feel as the season gradually pulls to an end. They all confessed they’ll miss the Academy and faculty members especially Uncle Ben's classes which never went by without dolling out nicknames to them, and also their "moments of torture’.
The day ended as the contestants continued to show their gratitude for the time spent in the Academy which they will not forget in a long while.

As the days roll by, the contestants need your votes more than ever to make it to the end. Who is your favourite contestant? Then crown him/her the winner with your votes...
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva: @toba
Do you work for Project Fame West Africa??
Yes. just that i work for them from my office at Ikoyi cheesy
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Cuddlemii: 11:52am On Sep 26, 2012
smiley

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Afam4eva(m): 11:55am On Sep 26, 2012
I'm hoping Ella or Marvelous wins.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Cuddlemii: 11:56am On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva: I'm hoping Ella or Marvelous wins.

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 26, 2012
Cuddlemii: smiley
whats the meaning of this? she looks like ojuju calabar.www.nairaland.com/attachments/833129_ellap1_jpgcbdddcd0d81df38fb18664997c1e630b

I want oyinka, adetoun and Ayo to win. and marvellous. the rest can share the left over grin
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 26, 2012
https://www.facebook.com/profsammie

This season, they are yet to allow the contestants speak with their family and friends at home

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tacha Tells Her Fans To Vote For Her Yellow Chair In The House / 'Squid Game' Is So Intense Its Director Lost 6 Teeth During Production (Photos) / Download Full Movie: A Trip To Jamaica | By Ay, Funke…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.