Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,955 members, 7,835,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? (48906 Views)

CCT Trial: APC Leaders Divided Over Saraki / If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 / I Had A Dream That Nigeria Divided (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by amunites19(m): 11:28am On Aug 18, 2012
The only northerners want Nigeria to continue are the;
1. Big business tycoons because their business base in south
2. Theives politicians who depend on Government's money
3. Old theives who already stole oil blocks and the blocks are in the south
4. Political mafias who use south for polical maneuvering either by rigging or by using sentiments

But ordinary northerner has nothing to loose in dividing Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by DonaldGenes(m): 11:29am On Aug 18, 2012
slimyem: This sh1t aint happening!!
Together we will stand!!
abi na by force?
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by AfroBlue(m): 11:30am On Aug 18, 2012
Hypothetical Questions ....

Will present seated governors automatically become presidents of their territory?

Will Delta Republic keep and manage all the oil revenue?

Will the new nations get rid of the debt inducing central banking system ruled by the City of London?

Name the national language of the new republics.

What would you like to see in your respective area's new constitution?

How will passports and border crossings be handled?

What happens to mixed tribe families?

Which cities will host the capital?

Will the split-up stop the looting?

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 18, 2012
honestly, i support this breaking up idea..We have been together for long and what have we achieved?..its time to move on with dis-intergration. Our maximum potentials would be reached if we dis-intergrate

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by amare(m): 11:40am On Aug 18, 2012
I totally disagree with you, the hausa people are one of the most hardworking Nigerians. Though they might not have as much natural resources as other part, but I believe what they have is enough. Take japan or germany for instance, they both don't have any significant natural resources but they are just hardworking. I honestly believe that if the hausa could have just half as much education as other Nigerians we'll be better of.
Let's looks at the other tribes: The ibo's are very industrious people but they have a singlar problem of hating on each other, and like lincoln said, a house divided cannot stand, so the ibos would probably end up messing their country up.

The Yorubas, on the other hand are lazy, hypocritical...most of them are just okay with sitting in a small office for a career, this attitude would probably not spur any significant developement, though their country would note divide. The edge they might have are the ogun indigenes, who are very industrious (mko abiola, subomi balogun, adenuga, odutola, etc) and very outspoken (soyinka, obasanjo, fela, awolowo, etc)

The middle belt...just to dependent and quiet, they may probably end up like mexico to US.

The south-south, are another difficult bunch...by far the laziest of the bunch, the difference btw the rich and the poor among them is just too much. The extent of maginalization of the masses among them by their own leaders is just too much. Their level of inferiority complex is also amazing, always blaming other people for their problem, I wonder how they can develope their country with this attitude. It would probably not last long just after the ibos.

So I believe the hausas have the easiest lot, just educate them and you're good. Pls compare an educated hausa man an other educated people...their level of intelligence and uprightness is very impressive e.g Ribadu, sanusi, el rufia, (some hausa friends I met in nysc camp, by far the smartest graduates I've met) etc

FYI: I'm not hausa, I'm a yoruba, and I'm not unlearned, on the contrary I have a 1st class. Bachelors from a top uni.

At the end of it all, we as Nigerian would only fair BEST united..."United we stand divided we fall"

Also: this is not my account, so don't insult d generous person that allowed me comment with his NL account, *dont mind my typo errors, I'm typing with a phone*

Thanks
abbey37: AREWA republic go suffeeeeeerrrrr,Na dem plenty pass without any major natural or human resources

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by ABsI1: 11:41am On Aug 18, 2012
abbey37: AREWA republic go suffeeeeeerrrrr,Na dem plenty pass without any major natural or human resources
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by lacasa: 11:42am On Aug 18, 2012
Talk is cheap wt nigerians

Mtcheeu
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Crownvilla(m): 11:42am On Aug 18, 2012
I'm not sure how the proposed break up will checkmate the endemic problem of corruption; which so far, has cut accross all the demographics in Nigeria......tribe, gender, age, religion etc.

Potential flash points in the OPs map include Ilorin which has large numbers of indiginuous Hausa/Fulani people in addition to Youruba's with lots of overlap inbetween. I can't see the core North (Arewa) allowing Ilorin to go to Oduduwa without a fight and vice versa.

Some people have already posted that they do not think Akwa Ibom and Cross River would not want to go with Biafra.

The people of southern Zaria, i.e Kafanchan etc are unlikely to look froward to a future as part of Arewa.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by saintohia: 11:44am On Aug 18, 2012
@ kariolality

What have you been gaining from the huge population should Egypt be the most populous nation in Africa?
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by ballabriggs: 11:46am On Aug 18, 2012
[size=18pt]Another mumu thread.[/size]
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by ABsI1: 11:47am On Aug 18, 2012
Double fuul.dey have more resources dan 95% of d nations of dis world if u must know.in less dan 6 years of dis ever happening dey wil certainly be the richest of all dis imagined balkans.by ur statement its glaring u are a dunce.mind u i'm not from the arewa
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by saintugo(m): 11:51am On Aug 18, 2012
Eyaaaaah if dis happens der will no more be nairaland,each zone will want to have deir own currencies and country forums,#justanobservation
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by ololo12: 11:56am On Aug 18, 2012
Afro_Blue: Hypothetical Questions ....

Will present seated governors automatically become presidents of their territory?[b][/b] No,fresh elections will be conducted! I think a confederal system of government will be adopted, where respective regions will use their resources to develop their region and send certain percentage to the central govt!

Will Delta Republic keep and manage all the oil revenue? Yes, every region will use its resources to develop their place!

Will the new nations get rid of the debt inducing central banking system ruled by the City of London? That will be sorted out with the IMF.

Name the national language of the new republics. It will be English!

What would you like to see in your respective area's new constitution?
Since the system of govt will be a confederal system, the constitution will be based on such system of govt.

How will passports and border crossings be handled? That's very easy the northern stakeholders and the southern will meet to sort out such issues

What happens to mixed tribe families?
Well that will be their problem as it won't affect the govt of the day!

Which cities will host the capital?
Lagos, Calabar or Enugu!

Will the split-up stop the looting?
Corruption can't be eradicated totally, but it would be reduce drastically. Plus, people in position of power will. Be more accountable, if you loot then we know who to meet, and we don't need to keep up with the bullshit of go to Abuja.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by duni04(m): 11:56am On Aug 18, 2012
ololo12: Split the Goddamn country between the North and South. Then let the stakeholders in the southern region come together to map out a new plan for the co-existence of people in the southern part. It should be a true confederalism set up. Make Lagos the capital, the component states within should use their resources to develop their component states, every month donate say 40% to the center which is Lagos. Other states that don't have resources, the center will support them and encourage them to go into large scale farming. I think this will be the perfect way out... I stronly advocate for the splitting of this country.
All the energy you want to use to set up a confederation and make Lagos the capital and contribute 40% of whatever, why not direct same energy into making your present leaders accountable. Do you think a new set of politicians will fall feom heaven and take charge when we split? You think they'll suddenly start caring for you instead of themselves when we split? If you're too lazy to demand accountability and good governance from your representatives, senators and governors now, what makes you think you'll change when Biafra or oduduwa or arewa is actualised.
If we channel all this energy we're using to scream 'sperate' into making this country work, things may actually get better. This romantic or utopian idea of forming Biafra or Oduduwa and allocating whatever to whatever is just wishful thinking. If your leaders are not listening to you now, they won't listen to you in Biafra or whatever you want to call yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by duni04(m): 11:58am On Aug 18, 2012
ololo12: Split the Goddamn country between the North and South. Then let the stakeholders in the southern region come together to map out a new plan for the co-existence of people in the southern part. It should be a true confederalism set up. Make Lagos the capital, the component states within should use their resources to develop their component states, every month donate say 40% to the center which is Lagos. Other states that don't have resources, the center will support them and encourage them to go into large scale farming. I think this will be the perfect way out... I stronly advocate for the splitting of this country.
All the energy you want to use to set up a confederation and make Lagos the capital and contribute 40% of whatever, why not direct same energy into making your present leaders accountable. Do you think a new set of politicians will fall from heaven and take charge when we split? You think they'll suddenly start caring for you instead of themselves when we split? If you're too lazy to demand accountability and good governance from your representatives, senators and governors now, what makes you think you'll change when Biafra or oduduwa or arewa is actualised.
If we channel all this energy we're using to scream 'sperate' into making this country work, things may actually get better. This romantic or utopian idea of forming Biafra or Oduduwa and allocating whatever to whatever is just wishful thinking. If your leaders are not listening to you now, they won't listen to you in Biafra or whatever you want to call yourself.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by omayyi: 11:59am On Aug 18, 2012
mathskill: Reasons for breaking up
They are kidnappers
They are drug pushers-cocaine,heroine
They are importers and manufacturere of fake drugs
They are half baked graduates-buying degrees e.g GEJ and maurice iwu
They are cultists-okija shrine
They send their daughters abroad for prostitution-edo girls in italy.
They are armed robbers-Breaking into banks.
They yahoo boys,419ers.
Their bankers are thieves-adigwe,akingbola,ibru and co
spot on. Especially the half-baked graduate part. For all their supposed education you can see the sheer ignorance they display on forums such as this.
Southerners=fake result=fake professionals

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by safarigirl(f): 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2012
otokx: This would not happen but if its possible then akwa ibom would opt to join the united niger delta, ditto cross river too.
on the contrary, Akwa-ibom would most likely end up in Biafra, they're closer to the East, especially the Anang. Akwa-Ibom and Delta state will be for Biafra, cos they mostly inter-marry with the Ibo, especially Abia, 7 in 10 families from these states marry with the Igbos.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by jason123: 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2012
safarigirl: on the contrary, Akwa-ibom would most likely end up in Biafra, they're closer to the East, especially the Anang. Akwa-Ibom and Delta state will be for Biafra, cos they mostly inter-marry with the Ibo, especially Abia, 7 in 10 families from these states marry with the Igbos.

grin grin grin grin
Who has been deceiving you guys? Beaf? ROMFL!
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by jason123: 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2012
The map is almost 100% spot on!
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by greall1: 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2012
Omo O ga oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Nigerian is going to an end
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by orskky21: 12:17pm On Aug 18, 2012
dis serious
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by JayMonk: 12:19pm On Aug 18, 2012
grin....long overdue
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by greall1: 12:20pm On Aug 18, 2012
AMERICAN ALREADY SAYS DIS
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Zutchy: 12:24pm On Aug 18, 2012
duni04:
All the energy you want to use to set up a confederation and make Lagos the capital and contribute 40% of whatever, why not direct same energy into making your present leaders accountable. Do you think a new set of politicians will fall from heaven and take charge when we split? You think they'll suddenly start caring for you instead of themselves when we split? If you're too lazy to demand accountability and good governance from your representatives, senators and governors now, what makes you think you'll change when Biafra or oduduwa or arewa is actualised.
Pls let them know,we like plenty talk in this country.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by mecussey(m): 12:29pm On Aug 18, 2012
i just dont like this.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by ololo12: 12:32pm On Aug 18, 2012
What are you talking about Mister? There's no where in the post I made mentioned of Biafra or Oduduwa. Instead I made mention of Southern Nigeria. I think you need to read the post all over again and comprehend it before replying.
How long are we going to keep expending the energies to make our present corrupt leaders accountable? Mind you we've being expending such energies for 40-50 years my brother. Its not working, so why do we keep wasting our time on something not fruitful huh? You and I know nothing good can come out of this country. So why do we keep fooling ourselves and call it a quit. And try something else? The only way out is to split the country and either pratice true federalism or confederalism. I've advocated for the splitting of this country for years and sooner than later that would come to pass!

duni04:
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 18, 2012
amare: I totally disagree with you, the hausa people are one of the most hardworking Nigerians. Though they might not have as much natural resources as other part, but I believe what they have is enough. Take japan or germany for instance, they both don't have any significant natural resources but they are just hardworking. I honestly believe that if the hausa could have just half as much education as other Nigerians we'll be better of.
Let's looks at the other tribes: The ibo's are very industrious people but they have a singlar problem of hating on each other, and like lincoln said, a house divided cannot stand, so the ibos would probably end up messing their country up.

The Yorubas, on the other hand are lazy, hypocritical...most of them are just okay with sitting in a small office for a career, this attitude would probably not spur any significant developement, though their country would note divide. The edge they might have are the ogun indigenes, who are very industrious (mko abiola, subomi balogun, adenuga, odutola, etc) and very outspoken (soyinka, obasanjo, fela, awolowo, etc)

The middle belt...just to dependent and quiet, they may probably end up like mexico to US.

The south-south, are another difficult bunch...by far the laziest of the bunch, the difference btw the rich and the poor among them is just too much. The extent of maginalization of the masses among them by their own leaders is just too much. Their level of inferiority complex is also amazing, always blaming other people for their problem, I wonder how they can develope their country with this attitude. It would probably not last long just after the ibos.

So I believe the hausas have the easiest lot, just educate them and you're good. Pls compare an educated hausa man an other educated people...their level of intelligence and uprightness is very impressive e.g Ribadu, sanusi, el rufia, (some hausa friends I met in nysc camp, by far the smartest graduates I've met) etc

FYI: I'm not hausa, I'm a yoruba, and I'm not unlearned, on the contrary I have a 1st class. Bachelors from a top uni.

At the end of it all, we as Nigerian would only fair BEST united..."United we stand divided we fall"

Also: this is not my account, so don't insult d generous person that allowed me comment with his NL account, *dont mind my typo errors, I'm typing with a phone*

Thanks
why are u insecured
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by flexdee(m): 12:39pm On Aug 18, 2012
I pray for division so that we can go our own separate way, one Nigeria ain't working.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by okeyfrank: 12:43pm On Aug 18, 2012
The very mistake was done in bringing North and South together in the first place. We are two different people, different ideology, beliefs, cranial configurations, capabilities, etc. I wonder why the so called Muslim extremists in the North would never be grateful to God for bringing them together with the Southerners that they learn from. He who knows not, and does not know that he knows not, is a fool.

Religion should not be merged with politics. When people are ignorantly incapacitated, they hide under the guise of Islam and brutal inhumane Islamic laws to perpetrate mayhem.

The best thing for us now is to peacefully divide this country into two (North and South, as the Southerners have no problem in living together) or three (North, East and West) with the rebirth of Oduduwa Republic, Biafra Republic and the Arewa federation. This is the only way.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 18, 2012
United we stand, divided we fall. Since dias no unity in dis country, killings here and there, we have lost hope in d country and our leaders so am seeing a possible division and I pray it doesnt result in violenc and war
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 18, 2012
Why are ppl too serious with this map. We are jst hvin fun with d product of photoshop and ur getting ur blood pressure up. Na wa o! Anyway nigeria isnt breaking,even if she will,it will definitely be by another grave war. If u think nigeria wil break peacefuly then ur sitting on a long thing. Why do u think d northerners are hammering on d oil wells 200miles frm ocean?
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? by tolex34(m): 1:03pm On Aug 18, 2012
Wat will be so funny will be having AREWA PASSPORT, BIAFRA PaSSPORT, ODUDUWA PASSPORT and so on and so forth. LOL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Spotted: Tinubu Supporters In Aso Ebi Jetting To Abuja For The Inauguration. PIC / Governor Aregbesola Loved By His People Despite Owing Workers: Photos / Dolapo Osinbajo Shows Her Handmade Pineapple Crochet Dress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.