Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? (24988 Views)

Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech / Debunking The Over-rated Religious Tolerance Claim of SWners / Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Lordave: 8:36am On Aug 25, 2012
Some of you here don't think.
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Navalsadiq(m): 8:36am On Aug 25, 2012
RELIGIOUS TOLERANCE CAN ALSO BE ATTRIBUTED TO THE IGALA RACE.MEH OLODUDU OH!
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by KDULAR: 8:40am On Aug 25, 2012
Naval sadiq: WE ARE ALL AWARE OF THE FACT THAT THE YORUBA'S ARE HYPOCRITES IN NATURE.BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THE ISSUE OF RELIGIOUS TOLERANCE WE MUST GIVE THEM THE CREDIT.

Laughing at the bolded grin grin grin wink wink wink
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Decryptor(m): 8:41am On Aug 25, 2012
If they are tolerant, why did the masquerade cult clash with the muslims in one of the states in the west?...and oh; if i may add, a popular Yoruba pastor said he was not going to render financial assistance to his sister because she is a muslim. Religious tolerance is all about the society and it starts from individuals who make up the society and the examples cited above should give a clue as to the answer to the question...They are not religious tolerant but confused! QED

1 Like

Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Ninilowo(m): 8:49am On Aug 25, 2012
johnie: Ibadan masqueraders protest alleged assault
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
KEMI OLAITAN 06/07/2012 08:26:00

Following the alleged assaults on the most fearful masquerade in Ibadanland, “Oloolu’, the masquerade fraternity yesterday stormed the palace of Olubadan, Oba Samuel Odulana Odugade, to formally lodge complaint. It will be recalled that some interior parts of the ancient city, including Popoyemoja, Idi-Arere and Beere among others were in turmoil on Tuesday and Wednesday as a result of the crisis involving the supporters of the masquerade and some youths in the affected areas.

National Mirror gathered that the masquerade and his supporters were injured in the fracas which was described as unprovoked by the leader of the Oloolu family, Ojetunde Akinleye Asoleke, who led the team to the Olubadan Palace.

Asoleke, who is the Olori Alaagbaa of Ibadanland, said the development was a desecration of the tradition and culture of the city, stat-ing that it was the first time such would happen to the masquerade.

He said the assault was orchestrated by some Muslim youths, decrying the indiscriminate arrest of about 20 of his supporters.

Asoleke noted that the most bizarre of the incident was the removal of the traditional regalia of Oloolu as well as the arrest of the carrier.

He dismissed the claim on some local electronic media that the carrier of Oloolu died during the fracas, adding that the news was mischievous.

Asoleke said the Oloolu carrier was critically injured, but not killed as claimed by the media report.

He said: “We feel sad-dened by the report that our man was killed as this was farther from the truth. No doubt, he was badly wound-ed as you can all see (showing the wounds sustained by the Oloolu on his arm and head), but was not killed.

“The costume seized by the men of Operation Burst has been retrieved and the festival would resume in earnest.”

The Olori Alaagbaa, who appealed to the Olubadan to ensure the release of all the supporters arrested and detained by the police, also urged him to prevail on security agencies not to allow them to be used to cause disaffection among the people.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/44485.html
THEREFORE...............

1 Like

Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by usermane(m): 8:53am On Aug 25, 2012
Mekanze: True talk my broda, but we are in Lagos we know hw some of them acts wen it comes 2 religion. An alfa wil of Yoruba wil neva neva allow his daughter 2 marry a Yoruba Christian man, so where is d torelant?

That isnt what religious tolerance mean. Religious tolerance is when u agree to live peacefully with other religion worshippers with justice and fairness. So cos d alfa nvr gave his daughter to a xtian nvr mean he doesn't tolerate xtianity.
When u r religious tolerant, u try to see d good in other religion instead having extreme hatred and criticism for them

2 Likes

Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by fire4fire: 8:53am On Aug 25, 2012
I still don't understand why people debate something that is obvious. In matters of religion, the Yorubas remains the most tolerant, end of story. The Hausas and Igbos are the most intolerant in matters of religion.On a lighter note, I feel the Yorubas are like this because of their carefree attitude to life and love for parties and merriment.why would there be when during muslims festivals, Yoruba christains would attend to eat free meat and during christain festivals Yoruba muslims would attend to drink ,eat and merry.
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Ninilowo(m): 8:53am On Aug 25, 2012
johnie: Tension in Ogun as Muslims, traditionalists clash
On July 29, 2012 · In News
12:45 am
Tweet

By Daud Olatunji, Abeokuta

There was palpable tension in Ikenne,Ogun State, yesterday, when the Oro cult imposed a 24-hour restriction of movement in the town in defiance of an order by Ogun State government.

The flagrant defiance occurred few hours after some Islamic leaders in the town were attacked by Oro cultists for reporting them to government over the planned restriction of movement.

Muslims in the area had petitioned the state government and other stakeholders in the state which led to a peace meeting held on Wednesday at the instance of the state governent.

At the end of the meeting, government ordered the Oro cult group in Ikenne to restrict their activities of their on-going annual festival to their own section of the town.

It further ordered the deployment of policemen in the town to enforce the order,but, when Sunday Vanguard visited the town yesterday, neither policemen nor any other security operatives were seen.

The whole town was deserted as doors and windows of houses in the town were firmly shut.
There was also no human and vehicular movement in the town except the adherents of the Oro cult group that were seen in some parts of the town dressed like females.

By tradition,it is forbiden for women to behold the Oro cult members while on procession.

It was gathered that several residents of the town who did not want to be caught up in the no-movement order imposed by the Oro cult group left the town on Friday for neighbouring communities.

In his reaction, the Chairman of Ikenne local government, Mr Tajudeen Salako, said the action of the group should not be seen as a defiance of the state government order.

He however appealed to the people of Ikenne to endure the restriction imposed by the Oro cult in the town.

When asked to comment on the attack on Muslims, Salako said he was aware that Oro cultists threatened Muslims, adding that it had been reported to the police.

The Police Public Relations Officer in Ogun State, Muyiwa Adejobi, however, said that the police were monitoring the situation in the town.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/tension-in-ogun-as-muslims-traditionalists-clash/
........and so? See there is no way pockets of disturbances will not arise but in all lets give it to the YORUBAS on religious matters abegii.
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Butoneday2(m): 8:56am On Aug 25, 2012
Says who? One leg in one leg out.
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by ishmael(m): 9:08am On Aug 25, 2012
[quote author=paris1
Once again, Islam is a far cry from Christianity. Those Christians that says both faith are similar are fools and ignorant and should be ashamed of being a Christian. We have to live at peace with everyone but a religion which preaches violence and intolerance is vying for destruction.[/quote] I like this. Are u saying that most yoruba xtains are fools and ignorant? because i know them to believe that Allah is the same thing as Jehovah God.
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Ninilowo(m): 9:08am On Aug 25, 2012
afam4eva:
Yes, you're right. I'm still trying to understand why it's so. Though i have some reasons which i think are responsible for this kind of situation apart from the demographics scenario i gave earlier.
It is so because there is fear of God Almighty among them. 2. There is high level of literacy. 3. They believe that the way you treat another person's chil(ren) so your child(ren) will be treated. They also know that there is life after death. With these at the back of their minds and that is another reason while they are easily pacified and let things go even when they are offended BUT PEOPLE TAKE IT FOR STUPIDITY AND FOOLISHNESS.
On a lighter mood, e be like say ma people too like to enjoy life and dem no wan die....................

1 Like

Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by comradefery: 9:11am On Aug 25, 2012
Gbawe: This guy speaks the truth 100%. Nonetheless, I don't expect most of his Nairaland kinsmen to agree. Most are in the category of those indoctrinated , hardcore, to never think or say anything good about Yoruba people. They would rather spend 100% of their time lying to themselves and the entire world that the Yoruba people are the worst to exist when the truth on the ground makes a mockery of their daily lies. In fact, I expect many of them to attack this chap and call him ungracious name simply because he has made a truthful observation.

There are many things very admirable about Yoruba people and culture even if many ,in the cauldron of raw ethnic hate that Nairaland is, will never admit so.
It seems tribalism has become an incurable infection of the Yoruba. An Igbo man wrote an unbiased article about your enthnic group, instead of you to commend his honesty, u rather chose to embark on your infantile bashing of his Igbo kinsmen. The question is, can a Yoruba man ever say the truth about the Igbo man whom he considers his eternal rival, can jealousy of credit allow u comment positively about the Igbo. If there are Ndi Igbo here who bash or say negative things against the Yoruba, search very well and you'll find out that the Yoruba started it first. Every Nigerian knows that Ndi Igbo are very friendly and relate very well with evry ethnic group, and we will continue to do that not minding your petty insults,cos it's better to love than to hate.

3 Likes

Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by samkoro: 9:12am On Aug 25, 2012
Aderostock:

Ur hairy brain will not allow u to think before u comment. Fashola's wife is a christain and during the millitary era, oyinlola (xtian) was an administrator of lagos state. No wonder u are called 'Ajekuta ma momi' u ate APU without drinking water made u to type this rubbish

Let me prove to you that your brain stinks,and the smell oozes out of ur nostrils and mouth.

Proof(1) Is Fashola tolerating his wife or his wife tolerating him. Ok,ur mind tells u that women are not stake holders in marriage thus you only look at it from the perspective of Fahola tolerating his wife and not the wife tolerating him.Does ur religion enslave women?

Proof(2) I did not dispute the tolerance claim,I just analysed it and pointed out that Christians are the one tolerating.It is a one sided tolerance;one is playing the fool for peace to reign.

Proof(3) How long was Oyinlola their? Did Oyinlola not play a major role in the emergence of tinubu.Al I'm saying is;the christians are the ones doing the tolerance.

For calling me ajekuta ma momi, you are a flying pig and a gay dog put together.Foooolish oil soup eater

1 Like

Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 25, 2012
Yorubas,no doubt are the most tolerant.this is evident in the non-retaliation of the killings of the yoruba in the north...a typical yoruba man believes so much in law of karma,dat xplains why they try to do good all d time...i'm a proud yoruba boy,oduduwa tokantokan..
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Vansnickers: 9:15am On Aug 25, 2012
afam4eva: I don't think so. I just feel that they have no choice to tolerate one another because the population of Christians and Muslims are sort of like 50-50. It could have been a different case if one religion was a majority and the other minority just like it is in Northern Nigeria.

Super-Gbam!!! My Thoughts exactly.
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Seunaina2(m): 9:15am On Aug 25, 2012
This post is a fact. That I know
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 25, 2012
fire4fire: I still don't understand why people debate something that is obvious. In matters of religion, the Yorubas remains the most tolerant, end of story. The Hausas and Igbos are the most intolerant in matters of religion.On a lighter note, I feel the Yorubas are like this because of their carefree attitude to life and love for parties and merriment.why would there be when during muslims festivals, Yoruba christains would attend to eat free meat and during christain festivals Yoruba muslims would attend to drink ,eat and merry.
are u sure u undertand the meaning of tolerance. What prove do u have that igbos are the MOST intolerant?
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Ninilowo(m): 9:32am On Aug 25, 2012
afam4eva: Btw, here's a related thread that i created some days back https://www.nairaland.com/1019490/why-yoruba-people-too-liberal
.........and how many people reacted? See, Yorubas dont have time for all these em...........
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by salt1: 9:34am On Aug 25, 2012
Sisi_Kill: I can't believe this is even up for discussion. I mean isn't it a given that the Yorubas are more tolerant and not just in religion. They have a healthy respect for other people's culture too.

The Yorubas have a live and let live attitude about life and it is because they are so secure in who they are, there is no fear about the other person. . .culture, religion, tribe trying to ride over them. Unfortunately this is also their undoing because it makes them come off as wishy washy and "cultureless" to those who believe strongly that anything outside their tribe is subpar.

I agree wholeheartedly with you. Yorubas worship Mary and Yemoja in Brazil, worship Christ and Sango, too.
The Pentecostals among them keep flitting from one church to the other. They attend Redeemed in the morning, go for MFM in the evening and visit a babalawo on saturday. I don't know if this reps enlightenment or security as some people say or just toeing a path of least resistance.But it soemtimes makes them appear less reliable and a tiny bit hypocritical
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by elari(m): 9:35am On Aug 25, 2012
the fact remains that the Yoruba's are not generally ascribed to a particular religion other than their traditional African religion. Agree with me or not, The hausas(core northern axìs are fundamentally grouped as moslems, so are the ibos( core eastern axis). Though hístory takes us to the era wher Bishop Ajayi Crowther translated the bible and the spread of C.M.S through the western parts, the acceptance of christainity in these parts was low as compared to its acceptance in the east and midwest. I could go futher, and some of u may termed my arguements as baseless. But u may also see that even today, when u mention muslim, hausa is staring at u, xtains. Ibos are straigth on the game, and African religion and majority of yoruba come into play. If u want to knw if the yoruba are tolerant enough, go to ile ife, osogbo and speak out against their gods. Na die u dey be dat o. In conclusion, dont joke with a yoruba man's god.
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by seedord247(m): 9:38am On Aug 25, 2012
We all know that Nigeria belongs to we YORUBA. for the past 12 years now, we've not heard of goons developing themselves to attack the nation. But other tribes that claimed to be naija have done more than worst. lipsrsealed

The Igbo's have been kidnapping and doing drugs local and international. cool

The hausa's (boko Haram) were killing pple for unknown fact. sad

The South South (Ijaw and co) developed mend to extorts money. angry

But we the Yoruba's have been praying severely for this country to get better bcus we know it belong to us. wink

God bless Yoruba's. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Godsave9ja: 9:39am On Aug 25, 2012
The only place where mixtures of religions are practiced within a house hold could only be a place of deceitful land. How can a Father be Christian Mother Muslim and Children Pagan, God forbid abomination!!!!! Have you watch home video and see where JUJU is talking why is it like that, multi religion? Please let every religion stay where they are, nothing will happen to Nigeria and the world at large.
Where on earth can you see where a child is claiming one to be his biological Father or Mother before? a land with multi religion or believe is the place of highest immorality in the world.
Please copy nature in everything you do, Naturally my culture may not tolerate your own culture, what is practiced on one’s culture could be an abomination unto others. Religion is the highest degree of culture.
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by salt1: 9:41am On Aug 25, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Must be my Yorubaness that makes me think all religion are crap.

I tolerate them equally grin

I heard that in Igboland, it's a taboo to be anything other than Christian. They IGNORANTLY believe that a uniformed religion breeds peace.

Typical! You conclude for people without knowing anything about them and attribute what works for them as IGNORANCE and yet you think you are tolerant. You must be supremely WISE
He who stands for nothing falls for anything.
What if religion isn't really crap? What if the Christian God actually actually sends non-believers in His son to a place of eternal torment?
That you think is crap is immaterial. What if you discover that you are wrong? What if you realise it too late?
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Gbawe: 9:42am On Aug 25, 2012
comradefery: It seems tribalism has become an incurable infection of the Yoruba. An Igbo man wrote an unbiased article about your enthnic group, instead of you to commend his honesty, u rather chose to embark on your infantile bashing of his Igbo kinsmen. The question is, can a Yoruba man ever say the truth about the Igbo man whom he considers his eternal rival, can jealousy of credit allow u comment positively about the Igbo. If there are Ndi Igbo here who bash or say negative things against the Yoruba, search very well and you'll find out that the Yoruba started it first. Every Nigerian knows that Ndi Igbo are very friendly and relate very well with evry ethnic group, and we will continue to do that not minding your petty insults,cos it's better to love than to hate.

You are nothing but a hypocritical fool. A tribalistic one at that too with this your idiotic and dishonest pretence that Yorubas always "starts it first". Did I join NL yesterday? Have you even read the thread to note I have been proven correct? Others are always more guilty of what you hypocritically practise the most. Have the submissions here, showing a specific group proving that they are incapable of giving credit where due, not gone on to validate what I wrote? Who are the most negative contributors to this thread? Who have spoken here to validate my assertion that some cannot think or say anything good about others? What did "Yorubas start" to warrant those contribution here?

If you are not a hateful Igbo person then you would not have a problem with what I wrote , to the point of bellicosity, because it is very obvious it is not directed at balanced and decent Igbo folks such as the author of the article. You wont ever see me defending Yoruba bigots , to the point of automatically exonerating them of wrongdoing as you do here, if an Igbo poster rightfully highlight their agenda of ethnic mischief and hatred.

It is tedious and childishly immature the way folks like you go around hypocritically proclaiming yourself as the "victim" and "innocent". It is dishonest given what others actually see you doing.

Go to this thread and see another example of "Yoruba started it first" while you feign ignorance of the inflammatory antics of the OP. Hypocritical Ostrich.

https://www.nairaland.com/1027764/tinubu-bow-greeting-buhari-picture-slavery

1 Like

Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Vicjustice: 9:47am On Aug 25, 2012
I'm not Yoruba, but I must say that long ago, I observed that the Yoruba are very, very religious tolerant, there is hardly any Yoruba family that is not diverse in religion, and yet, you never here them hating others on religious ground. I appreciate the Yoruba spirit
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by veraponpo(m): 9:50am On Aug 25, 2012
As much as i dont want us to argue on this,i still believe u are correct. Desola too is correct. This is it. Originally, we were traditionalists, latter Islam took over majority part of the land but now christianity is taking over. That is why u see most of yoruba people within the bracket age of 40 to 60 although christians will have muslim names. Also your state of origin or home town may be used as a yardstick. For instance, if u are from Ekiti state u may most likely be a christian, they are 80 pcnt christians ther, Ondo 70 pcnt christians , Ile Ife and Ijesha land they are 75 percent christians, Ikirun,Iwo, Kwara, they are 80 pcnt muslims,Ijebu and Abekuta, they 55 pcnt christians and 4d pcnt muslim, others are also like that. But they also have traditionalists among them that bear either muslim name or christian names. In all they tolerate one another.

afam4eva:
I guess you saying that Yoruba Muslims are more than the Christians are not trying to put the Yorubas at loggerheads abi? But when i say the opposite then i'm a war monger.
The fact that you're Yoruba doesn't make you more knowledgeable about Yorubaland more than me because i've lived here most of my life and have traveled throughout the south-west and i can conclude that if anything, the Christians are more. But i just said it's 50-50 just to be fair. If you can provide proof to dispell my assertion the we'll have to agree to disagree.
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 25, 2012
seedord247: We all know that Nigeria belongs to we YORUBA. for the past 12 years now, we've not heard of goons developing themselves to attack the nation. But other tribes that claimed to be naija have done more than worst. lipsrsealed

The Igbo's have been kidnapping and doing drugs local and international. cool

The hausa's (boko Haram) were killing pple for unknown fact. sad

The South South (Ijaw and co) developed mend to extorts money. angry

But we the Yoruba's have been praying severely for this country to get better bcus we know it belong to us. wink

God bless Yoruba's. cheesy
wake up
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by SamAfrik(m): 9:53am On Aug 25, 2012
The tolerance witnessed today is a result of core values established in Yorubaland b4 d 2 main religions. Christianity & Islam only came 2 complement d values pple already had. Unlike other regions where d religions met no religious/moral value systems.
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by takedat(m): 9:55am On Aug 25, 2012
samkoro:

Let me prove to you that your brain stinks,and the smell oozes out of ur nostrils and mouth.

Proof(1) Is Fashola tolerating his wife or his wife tolerating him. Ok,ur mind tells u that women are not stake holders in marriage thus you only look at it from the perspective of Fahola tolerating his wife and not the wife tolerating him.Does ur religion enslave women?

Proof(2) I did not dispute the tolerance claim,I just analysed it and pointed out that Christians are the one tolerating.It is a one sided tolerance;one is playing the fool for peace to reign.

Proof(3) How long was Oyinlola their? Did Oyinlola not play a major role in the emergence of tinubu.Al I'm saying is;the christians are the ones doing the tolerance.

For calling me ajekuta ma momi, you are a flying pig and a gay dog put together.Foooolish oil soup eater
you simply despise the fact that xtians and muslims can live together in harmony.oyinlola was never instrumental in the emergence of tinubu so get your facts right.yeah okay i can see that you just hate anything islam or muslims.sorry o
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by superstar1(m): 9:57am On Aug 25, 2012
At times I wonder the level of tribalism and ethnicity running in our veins. Someone wrote a nice write up from his observation and perspectiive, it should be respected and not allowed to denegerate into ethnic and tribal abuses again. How are we better than the stupid leaders we all sit down to abuse in our sitting rooms. Every race, tribe, ethnic group, nationality and religion have their good and bad spots. As tolerant as we yorubas are we have dark spots, as hardworking and entrepreneural oriented Ibos are they are not perfect, as simple as Hausa/fulanis can take life, they are not angels. Likewise the religious lines. No matter what we say, we all have one or two youruba/ibo/hausa/ijaw/other ethnicities or muslim/xtian/traditional worshippers as colleagues or even friends. Most people that cannot respect others people's view or beliefs about life we find it extrememly difficult in fitting into a mutli cultural organisation. Social discuss like this are for learning and not to keep entrenching the divides between us. If you have any perspective that differs from the writers point of view, put it into a coherent and logical discuss like that of the writers observation and not to be making next to insanity comments.

1 Like

Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Bandy10: 10:00am On Aug 25, 2012
I totally agree with the writer.I will use myself and family as an example.My dad was a yoruba man,my mom Ibo.My dad attended Methodist church while my mom a staunch catholic.One of my sibling is married to a Muslim man.The others attend pentocoastal churches.Infact one of them attends any church she feels like pentocoastal today white garment tomorrow.During Muslim festivals we all visit the one married to a Muslim to eat and drink.During xtian festivities they do the same.Talking about myself iam married to a xtian while I am a freethinker.Every Sunday I drop and pick them from the church.When it comes to religious tolerance the Yoruba should be emulated.This is partly due to education.The yorubas are highly educated and have come to see religion as a personal thing
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by redsun(m): 10:01am On Aug 25, 2012
This writer is myopic.His idea of religion tend to end with christianity and islam .He forgot to mention that traditionally,every tribe in the east where i come from practice ATR,african traditional religion,yet they don't frown against oyinbo christianity and arab islam in any way.They welcome them with open hands into their communities,give them land to build their places of worship free of charge,never make any attempts to convert them or stop them from converting their own.

For him to generalize that one tribe is better in tolerating other's religion is very "nigerian" (stupid) of him,rather he should blame the intolerance of the adopted religions on their dogmatic,racist and mentally enslaving principles that pitch brothers against brothers,sisters against sister,fathers against children,not on innocent african tribes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lawmakers Who Sponsored The Highest Number Of Bills In The 7th NASS / Another Bomb Blast In Maiduguri, Kills Four / Sowore Disrupts Godfatherism Politics, Raises N150m From Public Donation For Cam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.